Hazelmere House Care Home, Wilmslow, Cheshire

Hazelmere House is a purpose-built facility that specialises in many forms of care, nursing and rehabilitation. Residential, convalescence and respite needs are welcome, with carers experienced in palliative care, and tailoring solutions to the needs of other medical conditions like Parkinson’s.

Pleasing architecture and comfortable furnishings make for a satisfying environment, with views of gardens and nearby parkland, en-suite rooms and tasteful colour schemes.

Special diets and tastes are taken on board when preparing the food menu, with snacks, afternoon tea and homemade cake further additions.

Interests and hobbies are encouraged, with art therapy sessions and a mobile library complementing some of the social occasions and events added to the calendar.

Person in charge: Sarah Geere (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Cheshire East Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 60 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability

Specialist Care Categories: Huntington's Disease • Parkinson's Disease

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): German, Malay, Tagalog

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Hazelmere House Care Home: click here

The user Review Score of 9.3 for Hazelmere House Care Home is based on 25 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 9.255 is made up of 4.488 Points relating to the ratings and 4.767 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

Happy with stay, cheerful, pleasant staff, food good, comfortable good attention.

How likely would you be to recommend Hazelmere House Care Home? Likely

Excellent, staff very friendly and helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Hazelmere House Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

Stayed here for eight days on respite very good, excellent staff. Enjoyed the food. Cannot fault it.

My mother has been in the home for 9 years until she died on October 1st. The carer she received over her time there was excellent and the home is very clean and well appointed. The staff were caring and helpful. I would recommend to anyone.

At times a bit too much chatter amongst staff and I do feel maybe there should be more staff for evening (not night). Every time I asked for someone to come mid evening they replied "We'll come when we can" and I felt such a nuisance, but I did need my bed with getting up so early (6am) I did need help undressing and getting into bed and my commode bringing in!! I think because I try to look nice and be nice to everyone the staff think I am younger than I am- 87 in Dec! I had a bad fall before I came in which has taken away my confidence.

Hazelmere House Nursing Home, Bupa Care Homes at Hazelmere House Care Home responded to this review on 20 Aug 2015:

We take all comments extremely seriously and are very disappointed to hear that you are unsatisfied with your experience of the staff at Hazelmere House. We would like to contact you so that we can discuss this in more detail and investigate it fully. Please can you send your details to our customer services team - feedback@bupa.com - so that we can give you a call to discuss this feedback.

2nd visit to Hazelmere. Enjoyed my stay. Thank you very much for all the help and care you have given during my stay. Meeting old friends from two years ago has been fun too. God bless you all.

I have only come in for a week, while my family are away and I was very worried, as it is the first time I have been anywhere without my family, but I have been very surprised how good this home is. I can't speak highly enough of the care and attention that I have had. All the staff are amazing, nothing is too much trouble for them to do for you. The bedrooms are spacious, with ensuite. I am not good on direction, but one of the carers will come and take me from bedroom to downstairs in the lift. If you have to spend any time in a care home, you could not go to one better than here.

Very well run home, carers very attentive and caring, sometime have to wait when busy especially in the morning. The food is good and I put on weight during my stay. Activities very good. Events organiser is very attentive, cannot do enough for you. Good atmosphere and ambiance.

Very settled in the home and feel content. I find everyone easy to get along with and the staff are very helpful and caring I could not praise them enough and they always listen.

Very happy with the home and staff. I was worried about coming as not been away before. Enjoyed my stay if my son goes away again I would like to stay. The food is good, happy with everything here.

Very clean, well decorated, food great with good menu beautifully cooked and presented. Dining room is of high hotel standard. Activities varied, well managed even if only for a few or single partakers. Carers care, consider guests needs and preferences all the time. A big thank you to all the staff. Grounds attractive outlook, trees and parkland and playing area quite delightful. A great place for respite and kindness, care and smiling efficiency are my recollections of 1 week stay 3 weeks ago.

I am very confident my sister, has been very well looked after, over the six years she has been a resident. The staff are very kind and friendly. Management and nursing staff make sure she is well, comfortable and happy. The preparing and serving of food is good and also there are always good activities to take part in. My thanks go to everyone at Hazelmere.

A loud speaker would be welcome as I am hard of hearing.

The care was very good and not intusive everyone was very pleasant and efficient. I enjoyed my stay.

I was very impressed with the care provided, the professionalism of the staff and the sympathetic end of life care. I cannot recommend the nursing home enough.

I would recommend this home because it is excellent.

Very nice building with excellent staff. Some of the equipment is getting a bit battered through wear and tear.

It's a very calm place to live.

Hazelmere is a clean and well run home, the staff and manager are very helpful and well qualified.

Staff work hard under difficult conditions. Cheerful, obliging and polite. Grounds well kept.

Nurses and staff are excellent, very caring and supportive. Management are very friendly and supportive making the home a fun and homely environment in which to live.

I have been a resident for 12 months, I feel very fortunate my niece recommended this care home, my view of the management and staff are as indicated.

The nursing and care staff are kind and friendly when meeting family, or visitors. On visits to see my wife I have witnessed acts of kindness and consideration towards others in their care.

Hazelmere House provides a lovely home for my elderly disabled mother. The staff are kind, friendly and very well trained. She has a pleasant room with patio onto a beautiful garden. The food is good and meals are taken in a lovely dining room with a glass of wine at lunch time. I can highly recommend Hazelmere House and find the manager and staff very responsive.

Lovely gardens and grounds. Have for wildlife. Visiting entertainers of a high standard. Art (painting) and gardening teachers, expert in their fields. 2 activities workers very good.

Submit a Review for Hazelmere House Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Hazelmere House Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Hazelmere House Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Hazelmere House Care Home