Prospect House, Malpas, Cheshire

The Prospect House philosophy is that the individual should be at the centre of everything.   Nursing care is led by London Teaching Hospital trained Matron and a band of RGNs and RMNs with many years' experience in caring for the physical health needs of older people. Dementia care is provided in the Garden Rooms and the Bowling Green Rooms.   Dividing the home into smaller clusters of residents helps to stimulate a sense of familiarity for residents and, for staff, promotes a deeper understanding of residents' needs.

Prospect House aims at excellence and continuing improvement at every turn - from daily activities to catering, from top-notch training to building maintenance.

Transparency and communication are held to be very important and the home is well worth a visit.

Owner: Prospect House (Malpas) Ltd

Person in charge: Caroline Rowland (Matron)

Local Authority / Social Services: Cheshire West and Chester Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 48 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Detention Under Mental Health Act • Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care

Admission Information: Residents aged 40 years and over. Ages 40+.

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single from £721 Nursing Care Single from £721

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Prospect House: click here

The user 'Review Score' (9.7 for Prospect House) is based on 21 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

Prospect House

My husband has been having 6 weeks rehab at Prospect House and I really cannot fault it. This room has recently been redecorated, it is comfortable and the staff have been friendly and helpful. If he should need to have permanent care then we couldn't have a better place and I speak from experience having had both our mothers in care homes in the Wrexham area.

How likely would you be to recommend Prospect House? Extremely likely

Caroline Rowland, Matron at Prospect House responded to this review on 05 Aug 2015:

Thank you for your comments. I'm so pleased that you and your husband have both had a such a positive experience of our Intermediate Care service. The entire care and nursing crew at Prospect House wish you all the best on your return home.

Prospect House

My mother was a resident of Prospect House from December 2011 until January 2015. I cannot fault the care she received during her time there and I recommended this facility most highly to anyone seeking comfortable, secure and caring support 24 hours a day for an elderly relative. My mother was always treated with dignity and with kindness as was I as her visitor.

Prospect House

My 97 year old mother has been in Prospect House for a short time now. The staff are wonderful and treat her with kindness and in a dignified way I appreciate the care and thoughtfulness my mum has received. There are many opportunities for her to be involved in interesting and stimulating activities if she wants to but she has a choice whether or not to go. The atmosphere in the house is a direct result of excellent management. Staff are approachable at all times. I highly recommend PROSPECT HOUSE!

Prospect House

My mother-in-law was a resident in Prospect House and suffered form Alzhiemers until she passed away I December 2014. The care she received there was excellent, she was always shown respect, kindness and her dignity was kept at all times.

Prospect House

Caring, thoughtful and patient.

Prospect House

Prospect House is an exceptional nursing home, with the emphasis on the word 'home'. As soon as you walk in you notice that it has a happy feel to it. The medical staff are both knowledgeable and understanding, the carers do genuinely seem to care. The home is well run and managed, my queries and issues should they arise, are dealt with quickly. My mother seems settled here and always says it's 'great'. It is by far the best home I hasve visisted. Best of all, as a family member, it gives peace of mind.

Prospect House

My uncle received excellent care and attention from a wonderful team of staff during his stay at Prospect House Nursing Home.

Prospect House

The way they look after my husband is excellent, even the maintenance man is wonderful.

Exceptional care by everyone
My Mum was in Prospect House for around 2.5 years. During that time, she was looked after with great compassion and care, not only by the carers but by everyone who worked there. The care they provided was extended to her family during her final days. Prospect House staff treat residents and their family as part of the Prospect House family. Whilst deciding to put Mum in a home was difficult, the decision for her to be in Prospect House will never be a regret.

Prospect House

My husband Sir John Wakeley spent some time at Prospect House before he died there. The staff and management couldn't have been kinder. I was very pleased with his care and attention. I always felt welcome to visit at any time and the public rooms always had fresh flowers.

Prospect House

I can truly say that the care my mother receives at Prospect House is exceptional. She looks forward to and enjoys her time there. It is a relief to me, to know that she is being well cared for and so I can enjoy my break all the more.

We have no regrets about choosing Prospect House
My 92-year-old father spent the last nine months of his life at Prospect House after falling seriously ill at Christmas and having to leave his home of 30 years. Over that time, his increasing health needs were ably met with great kindness and the whole family benefitted from the support provided by owner Peter, Matron Caroline and their team, who always took the time to explain, chat or extend a hand of comfort. Going into residential care is a huge wrench for an elderly person who is used to their independence and my father never really came to terms with the restrictions of his new life, but the staff at Prospect House helped us all accept what had to be and made the experience as good as possible.

Prospect House

Very good, homely, excellent service.

Prospect House

Staff very caring - this includes concern for myself. My husband is always happy to be there and all other clients seem settled. I have no concerns if, in the future, he needs to be a resident at the home.

Prospect House

My husband was admitted into prospect house in October 2013 after ten weeks in hospital. He is physically very ill and he also has been diagnosed with mixed dementia. He is a very difficult patient but no matter how angry and cross he gets they are always their to help and support him. That help and support is also given to me in fact I would not be able to carry on with my life without them. Even after all these months there are days when the tears just flow and I cannot see any way forward. The care at Prospect House comes from the top, from the owner who is always available and the wonderful matron who is kind and understanding down to the maintenance men.

Prospect House

My mother has been in Prospect House for the last year, aged 94. We could not recommend the care more highly. The staff are completely wonderful and it is run to the highest standards. The door is always open (day or night) for visiting and no request is left undealt with. We consider ourselves very fortunate to have found such a wonderful home which is able to remove so much of our worries.

Prospect House

The most professionally run care home that my wife and I have found when arranging for our aged parents. We have no hesitation in recommending to everyone we speak to on this subject.

Prospect House

My mother, aged 82, required 24/7 one to one care as she suffered prolonged Parkinsons Disease and dementia. She was both physically and mentally challenged. Despite this, she was a spirited lady who loved life. She never gave up and never complained. Prospect House cared for her as a lady, never quelling her enthusiasm, always maintaining her dignity. She died peacefully, comfortably, loved and cared for to the last.

Prospect House

My great aunt was placed into the care of Prospect House when she became too unsteady at home. Having lived most of her life in Chester, we moved her slightly closer to my home at the time so that we could visit more often, and chose Prospect House based on some personal recommendations we had received from friends. Betty was very happy during her time at Prospect. Her room was well appointed, looking over the garden and it was always warm and clean; there often seemed to be some activity happening or friendly chatter in the communal rooms downstairs - in fact the whole building had a very welcoming, almost home-like, feel. However, one thing that contributed most to that fact were the staff, they were always professional – but most of all they treated Betty with the kind respect she deserved, remembering us too when we visited. When the time came, the palliative care that Betty received was excellent. It was obviously a sad time for the family; but the support that the staff at Prospect House provided us with was of the very highest quality. I hope that I and the rest of my family are fortunate enough to receive the same care and attention when we are in need of it.

Prospect House

Since my wife has been in Prospect House for 1.5 years I have over this time come to appreciate how good the care is, when I speak to other carers who have cared in other homes. On my visits I have seen their food, its quality, the caring quality of the staff and their friendliness to visitors. I have spoken to several prospective carers praising Prospect House. The personal touch of management downwards is excellent.

Prospect House

My wife was diagnosed with Dementia 7 years ago. In the later stages of the decease she attended Prospect House for weekly day care. She went in permanently 11 months ago. She quickly settled possibly due to the day care. I visited several other care homes but decided on Prospect House. I have no regrets, I consider it an excellent care home where the staff are all caring, cheerful, attentive and have time to chat with the residents. I visit twice a week and once for lunch, so see how other more advanced residents are treated. I have no worries about my wife's future care.

Submit a Review for Prospect House

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Prospect House

There are no jobs posted yet for Prospect House

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Prospect House