Prospect House, Malpas, Cheshire
Prospect House
Prospect House

Tel: 01948 860011

The Prospect House philosophy is that the individual should be at the centre of everything.   Nursing care is led by London Teaching Hospital trained Matron and a band of RGNs with many years experience in caring for the physical health needs of older people. Dementia care is provided in the garden rooms and the bowling green rooms.   Dividing the home into smaller clusters of residents helps to stimulate a sense of familiarity for residents and, for staff, promotes a deeper understanding of residents' needs.

Prospect House aims at excellence and continuing improvement at every turn - from daily activities to catering, from top-notch training to building maintenance.

Transparency and communication are held to be very important and the home is well worth a visit.

Owner: Prospect House (Malpas) Ltd

Person in charge: Caroline Rowland (Matron)

Local Authority / Social Services: Cheshire West and Chester Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 48 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Detention Under Mental Health Act • Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care

Admission Information: Residents aged 40 years and over. Ages 40+.

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single from £693 , Personal Care Shared (per person) from £693

Nursing Care Single from £693 , Nursing Care Shared (per person) from £693

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Prospect House: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Prospect House

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Prospect House

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.3 for Prospect House) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Exceptional care by everyone
My Mum was in Prospect House for around 2.5 years. During that time, she was looked after with great compassion and care, not only by the carers but by everyone who worked there. The care they provided was extended to her family during her final days. Prospect House staff treat residents and their family as part of the Prospect House family. Whilst deciding to put Mum in a home was difficult, the decision for her to be in Prospect House will never be a regret.

How likely would you be to recommend Prospect House? Extremely likely

Submitted by Virginia (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Wednesday 12 November 2014. Review relates to October 2014.

Review of Prospect House

My husband Sir John Wakeley spent some time at Prospect House before he died there. The staff and management couldn't have been kinder. I was very pleased with his care and attention. I always felt welcome to visit at any time and the public rooms always had fresh flowers.

Submitted by June Wakeley (Wife of Resident/Service User) on Tuesday 28 October 2014. Review relates to October 2014.

Review of Prospect House

I can truly say that the care my mother receives at Prospect House is exceptional. She looks forward to and enjoys her time there. It is a relief to me, to know that she is being well cared for and so I can enjoy my break all the more.

Submitted by Bruce Robinson (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Monday 27 October 2014.

We have no regrets about choosing Prospect House
My 92-year-old father spent the last nine months of his life at Prospect House after falling seriously ill at Christmas and having to leave his home of 30 years. Over that time, his increasing health needs were ably met with great kindness and the whole family benefitted from the support provided by owner Peter, Matron Caroline and their team, who always took the time to explain, chat or extend a hand of comfort. Going into residential care is a huge wrench for an elderly person who is used to their independence and my father never really came to terms with the restrictions of his new life, but the staff at Prospect House helped us all accept what had to be and made the experience as good as possible.

How likely would you be to recommend Prospect House? Extremely likely

Submitted by J C (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Thursday 23 October 2014. Review relates to September 2014.

Review of Prospect House

Very good, homely, excellent service.

Submitted by Evelyn Oates (Resident / Service User) on Wednesday 8 October 2014.

Review of Prospect House

Staff very caring - this includes concern for myself. My husband is always happy to be there and all other clients seem settled. I have no concerns if, in the future, he needs to be a resident at the home.

Submitted by Janet B (Wife of Resident/Service User) on Thursday 4 September 2014.

Review of Prospect House

My husband was admitted into prospect house in October 2013 after ten weeks in hospital. He is physically very ill and he also has been diagnosed with mixed dementia. He is a very difficult patient but no matter how angry and cross he gets they are always their to help and support him. That help and support is also given to me in fact I would not be able to carry on with my life without them. Even after all these months there are days when the tears just flow and I cannot see any way forward. The care at Prospect House comes from the top, from the owner who is always available and the wonderful matron who is kind and understanding down to the maintenance men.

Submitted by Nancy W (Wife of Resident) on Friday 1 August 2014.

Review of Prospect House

My mother has been in Prospect House for the last year, aged 94. We could not recommend the care more highly. The staff are completely wonderful and it is run to the highest standards. The door is always open (day or night) for visiting and no request is left undealt with. We consider ourselves very fortunate to have found such a wonderful home which is able to remove so much of our worries.

Submitted by R. L. (Daughter of resident) on Tuesday 29 July 2014.

Review of Prospect House

The most professionally run care home that my wife and I have found when arranging for our aged parents. We have no hesitation in recommending to everyone we speak to on this subject.

Submitted by Ian O (Son of Resident) on Wednesday 14 May 2014.

Review of Prospect House

My mother, aged 82, required 24/7 one to one care as she suffered prolonged Parkinsons Disease and dementia. She was both physically and mentally challenged. Despite this, she was a spirited lady who loved life. She never gave up and never complained. Prospect House cared for her as a lady, never quelling her enthusiasm, always maintaining her dignity. She died peacefully, comfortably, loved and cared for to the last.

Submitted by Isobel W (Daughter of resident) on Tuesday 4 February 2014.

Review of Prospect House

My great aunt was placed into the care of Prospect House when she became too unsteady at home. Having lived most of her life in Chester, we moved her slightly closer to my home at the time so that we could visit more often, and chose Prospect House based on some personal recommendations we had received from friends. Betty was very happy during her time at Prospect. Her room was well appointed, looking over the garden and it was always warm and clean; there often seemed to be some activity happening or friendly chatter in the communal rooms downstairs - in fact the whole building had a very welcoming, almost home-like, feel. However, one thing that contributed most to that fact were the staff, they were always professional – but most of all they treated Betty with the kind respect she deserved, remembering us too when we visited. When the time came, the palliative care that Betty received was excellent. It was obviously a sad time for the family; but the support that the staff at Prospect House provided us with was of the very highest quality. I hope that I and the rest of my family are fortunate enough to receive the same care and attention when we are in need of it.

Submitted by Elizabeth S (Niece of Resident) on Saturday 11 January 2014.

Review of Prospect House

Since my wife has been in Prospect House for 1.5 years I have over this time come to appreciate how good the care is, when I speak to other carers who have cared in other homes. On my visits I have seen their food, its quality, the caring quality of the staff and their friendliness to visitors. I have spoken to several prospective carers praising Prospect House. The personal touch of management downwards is excellent.

Submitted by Robert C (Husband of resident) on Friday 10 January 2014.

Review of Prospect House

My wife was diagnosed with Dementia 7 years ago. In the later stages of the decease she attended Prospect House for weekly day care. She went in permanently 11 months ago. She quickly settled possibly due to the day care. I visited several other care homes but decided on Prospect House. I have no regrets, I consider it an excellent care home where the staff are all caring, cheerful, attentive and have time to chat with the residents. I visit twice a week and once for lunch, so see how other more advanced residents are treated. I have no worries about my wife's future care.

Submitted by John F (Husband of Resident) on Tuesday 7 January 2014.

Submit a Recommendation for Prospect House

(please write a short headline summary)

RMN

Band 5 or band 6 - depending on experience

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time or Part Time)

Malpas, Cheshire

03 Nov 2014
Apply Here

RGN

Band 5 - Band 6 depending on experience

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time or Part Time)

Malpas, Cheshire

03 Nov 2014
Apply Here

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Prospect House