Prospect House, Malpas, Cheshire

The Prospect House philosophy is that the individual should be at the centre of everything.   Nursing care is led by London Teaching Hospital trained Matron and a band of RGNs and RMNs with many years' experience in caring for the physical health needs of older people. Dementia care is provided in the Garden Rooms and the Bowling Green Rooms.   Dividing the home into smaller clusters of residents helps to stimulate a sense of familiarity for residents and, for staff, promotes a deeper understanding of residents' needs.

Prospect House aims at excellence and continuing improvement at every turn - from daily activities to catering, from top-notch training to building maintenance.

Transparency and communication are held to be very important and the home is well worth a visit.

Owner: Prospect House (Malpas) Ltd

Person in charge: Caroline Rowland (Matron)

Local Authority / Social Services: Cheshire West and Chester Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 53 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Detention Under Mental Health Act • Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care

Admission Information: Residents aged 40 years and over. Ages 40+.

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single from £763 Nursing Care Single from £763

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Prospect House: click here

The Review Score of 9.8 (maximum of 10) for Prospect House is based on 27 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.839 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.839 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 5 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 9.839 for Prospect House is based on 27 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.839 for Prospect House is calculated as follows: ( (273 Excellents x 5) + (46 Goods x 4) + (3 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 322 Ratings = 4.839

The Quantity Score of 5 for Prospect House is calculated as follows:

3. (27 Positive Reviews ÷ 53 Registered Beds) x 2 = 1.019 (maximum score = 1)

My wife went to Prospect House in Jan 2013 and died in February 2016. For three years she had extremely good care. A member of staff said to me once "If we didn't like the job we wouldn't do it" and that attitude seemed to apply to all the staff. Whilst the residents were patients they were also friends and treated us as such. She always had a smile for the staff and received one in return. I and my family couldn't have wished for a better standard of care.

How likely would you be to recommend Prospect House? Extremely Likely

Caroline Rowland, Matron at Prospect House responded to this review on 20 May 2016:

When you mention smiles and friendship I think you touch on two of the most important aspects of what we do! It was a real honour to have your wife stay with us for the last three years. Thank you for entrusting her to our care.

My husband has dementia and goes to Prospect House for day care one or two days a week to give me some me time. I can change the day if I wish. The staff are so kind and helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Prospect House? Extremely Likely

Caroline Rowland, Matron at Prospect House responded to this review on 17 May 2016:

We feel grateful that you allow us to have your husband come and spend some time with us every week. It's marvellous to be so linked in to people in our local community.

The care at Prospect House is exceptional. First impressions are of a clean, attractive interior, with no smell of stale food, as is often the case in a residential/nursing home.
The staff both qualified and carers are helpful, kind and caring. The food is excellent, my mother aged 91 has gained weight and is once more cheerful. There is a hairdresser and a chiropodist calling regularly as well as a programme of activities. My mother has even had her nails done. I would have no hesitation in recommending Prospect House to anyone looking for care of their family member.

How likely would you be to recommend Prospect House? Extremely Likely

I'm so pleased that everything is working so well. The whole crew really appreciate such supportive comments. Thank you.

This review relates to both Alzheimer's wing and the nursing home. My mother is in the "garden room" with advanced Alzheimer's (since Sept 2014) The care has been outstanding, mum settled remarkably quickly and in all the visits that I or my siblings have made (unannounced) we have never had cause for concern. We feel mum is loved and cared for and her needs met. The staff are always open to questions or suggestions. My father with great physical needs but completely sound mentally was well cared for on two respite short visits.

How likely would you be to recommend Prospect House? Extremely Likely

Caroline Rowland, Matron at Prospect House responded to this review on 14 Mar 2016:

It has been a pleasure to provide our services to both your parents and to hear that we have met their needs in our dementia care, as well as general nursing care suites.

Mum was a resident for five years, over that time the home was refurbished and extended to a high standard although some of mum's rooms were previously basic. The care and attention by staff in all roles from management, nurses, carers to maintenance, catering and cleaning staff were always of a high standard. They all became known to us and helped mum feel at home, with people who really did care that she was cared for well and was comfortable. She was treated with kindness and dignity in a very professional way and particularly in the last months of her life the attention to her needs was incredible, day and night.

How likely would you be to recommend Prospect House? Extremely Likely

Caroline Rowland, Matron at Prospect House responded to this review on 02 Feb 2016:

A particular thank you for your kind comments about our crew.

My mother had been a resident at Prospect House for over 4 years and was suffering from mobility problems and dementia. She died on the 11th of December 2015, and my sister and I could not have wished for better care than the care she received for her end of life. All the staff and carers gave her 100% of what she needed and were a tremendous support to her, and us, at a very difficult time.
I cannot speak highly enough, and really would recommend Prospect House as a very efficient, genuine and caring home.

How likely would you be to recommend Prospect House? Extremely Likely

Caroline Rowland, Matron at Prospect House responded to this review on 27 Jan 2016:

I speak for the whole crew at Prospect House when I say how grateful and touched we are by your comments. Thank you both.

Very warm welcome by caring staff. Pleasant warm room. Nice lounge facilities and varied menu with facility to eat at different times. Joined in some social activities.

How likely would you be to recommend Prospect House? Extremely Likely

Caroline Rowland, Matron at Prospect House responded to this review on 08 Dec 2015:

Thank you for taking the trouble to provide a review. The first few days in a care home can be a daunting time and it's wonderful to hear that you felt this period went so smoothly.

We as a family looked at many nursing homes locally. As we entered Prospect House we all felt the warmth and care coming from all whom we met. It is not a big home but to us this was an advantage. We left my husband to experience the home for 2 weeks to see how he felt. Apart from the usual feelings every one must experience when leaving a loved one in such circumstances we knew he would be looked after. After 2 weeks had passed he was very settled and happy, he had made friends with a lot of people (especially the staff!) Apart from my husbands friendships I made lots of friends with both residents and staff. The matron and senior staff were always at hand if needed to discuss anything. My husband ended up staying there for 13months, until unfortunately he passed away. I will certainly keep in touch with them all.

How likely would you be to recommend Prospect House? Extremely Likely

Caroline Rowland, Matron at Prospect House responded to this review on 19 Nov 2015:

What a wonderful way to start one's experience of using a nursing home - by testing it out for a while. We were honoured that based on that experience, you entrusted us to provide care for your husband - and especially pleased that you feel your decision was the right one.

I cannot recommend this home highly enough. The staff and residents become family. Regular activities, good food, constantly clean. Lovely rooms (in a new wing). Regular reviews with family. It's not cheap, but everything works and functions so well. There are also some wonderful volunteers that help out. Highly recommended.

How likely would you be to recommend Prospect House? Extremely Likely

Caroline Rowland, Matron at Prospect House responded to this review on 18 Nov 2015:

The whole crew at Prospect House are touched by your kind words. Thank you so much.

I am very contented here. The care is excellent, the carers are kind and smiley. The food is good. I have a lovely bedroom. My family and friends can visit me at any time. I am well blessed.

How likely would you be to recommend Prospect House? Extremely Likely

Caroline Rowland, Matron at Prospect House responded to this review on 07 Sep 2015:

It's wonderful to get such lovely comments. Thank you for taking the trouble to fill in a review card.

I am very impressed with the care provided. Staff are well qualified and always pleasant and willing, nothing is too much trouble. The accommodation - bedroom, lounge and dining room are all of good quality and cheerful to be in. Meals are varied, tasty and suitable. My mother is very contented, which is a great comfort to me.

How likely would you be to recommend Prospect House? Extremely Likely

We're all so pleased that you feel confident about the way we meet your mother's needs. It's an honour to care for her.

My husband has been having 6 weeks rehab at Prospect House and I really cannot fault it. This room has recently been redecorated, it is comfortable and the staff have been friendly and helpful. If he should need to have permanent care then we couldn't have a better place and I speak from experience having had both our mothers in care homes in the Wrexham area.

How likely would you be to recommend Prospect House? Extremely Likely

Caroline Rowland, Matron at Prospect House responded to this review on 05 Aug 2015:

Thank you for your comments. I'm so pleased that you and your husband have both had a such a positive experience of our Intermediate Care service. The entire care and nursing crew at Prospect House wish you all the best on your return home.

My mother was a resident of Prospect House from December 2011 until January 2015. I cannot fault the care she received during her time there and I recommended this facility most highly to anyone seeking comfortable, secure and caring support 24 hours a day for an elderly relative. My mother was always treated with dignity and with kindness as was I as her visitor.

My 97 year old mother has been in Prospect House for a short time now. The staff are wonderful and treat her with kindness and in a dignified way I appreciate the care and thoughtfulness my mum has received. There are many opportunities for her to be involved in interesting and stimulating activities if she wants to but she has a choice whether or not to go. The atmosphere in the house is a direct result of excellent management. Staff are approachable at all times. I highly recommend PROSPECT HOUSE!

My mother-in-law was a resident in Prospect House and suffered form Alzhiemers until she passed away I December 2014. The care she received there was excellent, she was always shown respect, kindness and her dignity was kept at all times.

Caring, thoughtful and patient.

Prospect House is an exceptional nursing home, with the emphasis on the word 'home'. As soon as you walk in you notice that it has a happy feel to it. The medical staff are both knowledgeable and understanding, the carers do genuinely seem to care. The home is well run and managed, my queries and issues should they arise, are dealt with quickly. My mother seems settled here and always says it's 'great'. It is by far the best home I hasve visisted. Best of all, as a family member, it gives peace of mind.

My uncle received excellent care and attention from a wonderful team of staff during his stay at Prospect House Nursing Home.

The way they look after my husband is excellent, even the maintenance man is wonderful.

Exceptional care by everyone

My Mum was in Prospect House for around 2.5 years. During that time, she was looked after with great compassion and care, not only by the carers but by everyone who worked there.
The care they provided was extended to her family during her final days.
Prospect House staff treat residents and their family as part of the Prospect House family.
Whilst deciding to put Mum in a home was difficult, the decision for her to be in Prospect House will never be a regret.

How likely would you be to recommend Prospect House? Extremely Likely

My husband Sir John Wakeley spent some time at Prospect House before he died there. The staff and management couldn't have been kinder. I was very pleased with his care and attention. I always felt welcome to visit at any time and the public rooms always had fresh flowers.

I can truly say that the care my mother receives at Prospect House is exceptional. She looks forward to and enjoys her time there. It is a relief to me, to know that she is being well cared for and so I can enjoy my break all the more.

We have no regrets about choosing Prospect House

My 92-year-old father spent the last nine months of his life at Prospect House after falling seriously ill at Christmas and having to leave his home of 30 years. Over that time, his increasing health needs were ably met with great kindness and the whole family benefitted from the support provided by owner Peter, Matron Caroline and their team, who always took the time to explain, chat or extend a hand of comfort. Going into residential care is a huge wrench for an elderly person who is used to their independence and my father never really came to terms with the restrictions of his new life, but the staff at Prospect House helped us all accept what had to be and made the experience as good as possible.

How likely would you be to recommend Prospect House? Extremely Likely

Very good, homely, excellent service.

Staff very caring - this includes concern for myself. My husband is always happy to be there and all other clients seem settled. I have no concerns if, in the future, he needs to be a resident at the home.

My husband was admitted into prospect house in October 2013 after ten weeks in hospital. He is physically very ill and he also has been diagnosed with mixed dementia. He is a very difficult patient but no matter how angry and cross he gets they are always their to help and support him. That help and support is also given to me in fact I would not be able to carry on with my life without them. Even after all these months there are days when the tears just flow and I cannot see any way forward. The care at Prospect House comes from the top, from the owner who is always available and the wonderful matron who is kind and understanding down to the maintenance men.

My mother has been in Prospect House for the last year, aged 94. We could not recommend the care more highly. The staff are completely wonderful and it is run to the highest standards. The door is always open (day or night) for visiting and no request is left undealt with. We consider ourselves very fortunate to have found such a wonderful home which is able to remove so much of our worries.

Submit a Review for Prospect House

March 2016

There are no jobs posted yet for Prospect House

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Prospect House