Ferndale Court Care Home, Widnes, Cheshire

Located in the Ditton area of Widnes, Ferndale Court Care Home is a purpose built 58 bedded facility offering, Nursing and Residential care.

At Ferndale Court Care Home Residents have a choice of lounge areas which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings. There is a range of comfortable and well-equipped bedrooms. Chefs pride themselves in knowing the tastes of Residents and preparing a choice of home cooked, fresh, nutritional meals and catering for any dietary and cultural needs.

At Ferndale Court Care Home carers are very proud of a homely atmosphere. An experienced Home Manager and members of staff are focused on ensuring kindness is at the heart of everything they do.

Person in charge: Jacqueline Craig (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Halton Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 57 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Ferndale Court Care Home: click here

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.3 for Ferndale Court Care Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Ferndale Court Care Home

Care provided by staff at this home is second to none. They go the extra mile and treat residents as individuals with needs, likes and dislikes.

Ferndale Court Care Home

This is as close to a home from home as you could get. It is well designed, very clean, there is plenty to do, the food is excellent and the staff cannot be bettered. The Management is superb. I would recommend Ferndale Court to anyone!

Ferndale Court Care Home

My mother spent from July 2013 to Feb 2014 in Ferndale, when she died. She was 94 and very independent and only due to ill health went into Ferndale. They treated her exceptionally with kindness, courtesy and dignity. During her final week their care was exceptional. They also made us feel so welcome as a family, and in a strange way, it was a pleasure to go into the home, even though there was great sadness as my mum was dying.

Ferndale Court Care Home

Our aunt, Florrie Rhodes, who recommended the home herself as a user, was very happy there for four years. She had regular carers whom she considered as friends and was respected and treated as an individual. She was also extremely well looked after in the final weeks of her life. We are most grateful to all the staff for all their care and would not hesitate to recommend the home - it is exactly what all nursing homes should be like.

Ferndale Court Care Home

My father was admitted to Ferndale Court for the last two weeks of his life. He did not want to move from his home but he needed 24 hour care. To our surprise he settled well and had a good rapport with the staff. We are grateful for the care Dad received and the positive response to his requests even the somewhat stranger ones. Especially we will always be grateful for the care and consideration shown to us as a family in Dad's last hours.

Excellent.

Ferndale Court Care Home

Bev Burke district nurse liaison discharge facilitator Halton division recommended Ferndale to best suit my dad's needs. Dad's declining and ill health came on so quickly. It was a daunting decision to admit him to a care home for palliative care but we instantly fell in love with the place. The staff are patient, caring and dedicated and ensure my dad still has his dignity which as his family is so important.

Ferndale Court Care Home

In what is a very difficult time for my family a terrible time is made bearable due to the 150% effort from all the staff at Ferndale. The quality of care is beyond my expectations and I know my dad is in the best place I could find to end his life. Words cannot express my thanks and appreciation for your efforts.

Ferndale Court Care Home

Having been here for 4 and a half years, I think that speaks for itself. It is a very happy home, well run and very welcoming. The staff treat me like I am family. The outings are very frequent and enjoyable, the staff take me for my personal shop on their days off.

Ferndale Court Care Home

Mum is settled, happy and supported by staff.

Ferndale Court Care Home

Dad is very happy here, staff and care are outstanding. We are very happy for our Dad to live here.

Ferndale Court Care Home

As I am my wife's carer I was apprehensive about going into hospital for an operation. We checked care homes and decided that Ferndale Court suited our needs best. The staff were very nice, and the rooms and layout, and entertainment impressed us. I am now out of hospital and my wife is at home with me, she enjoyed her stay at Ferndale Court, and if I was ever in the same position again, I would be happy for her to go to Ferndale again as I know she would be well looked after.

Submit a Recommendation for Ferndale Court Care Home

Please note this form is only for Recommendations (ie positive comments) & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required.

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Ferndale Court Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Ferndale Court Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Ferndale Court Care Home