Amber Court Care Home, Blackpool, Lancashire
Amber Court Care Home

Amber Court is a respected care home in the Blackpool area from the portfolio of Countrywide Care Homes.

The service achieves high standards of nursing and respite care, as well as being appropriate to the needs of people with physical disabilities.

Amber Court has its own activities programme, a versatile food menu and offers regular trips to nearby amenities and attractions.

Owner: Countrywide Care Homes Ltd

Person in charge: Lorraine Moore (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Blackpool Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 33 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cancer Care • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Down Syndrome • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Brochure - Service Admission Form. Ages 18+.

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Amber Court Care Home: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Amber Court Care Home

(Nursing)
posted 14 Apr 2014

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Amber Court Care Home

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.7 for Amber Court Care Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Amber Court Care Home on Thursday 20 March 2014 by Philip D (Resident)

I recommend this home for the help i get with all my daily needs and wants and the freedom i have in my day to day life.

Review of Amber Court Care Home on Thursday 20 March 2014 by Irene H (Resident)

I have lived at Amber Court for three years and the care i receive is second to none. All the staff are caring and friendly, the food is good. My bedroom is personalised to what i want. Everyone makes you feel welcome and the manager is always available.

Review of Amber Court Care Home on Wednesday 19 March 2014 by Susan B (Resident)

Since I have been in Amber Court I have been well looked after and all the staff make me feel right at home. Nothing is too much trouble, the food is lovely and home cooked, and it is like a home form home.

Review of Amber Court Care Home on Tuesday 4 March 2014 by Janet Switler (Daughter of Resident)

Mum had been in care elsewhere and through gross negligence had both femurs broken. After three weeks in hospital went to Amber court with lots of health problems. She received excellent care with staff doing everything possible to aid healing, make comfortable and control terrible pain. Everyone from manager, nursing and care staff down to cooks and cleaners went the extra mile to help. I was at Amber Court every day for a good part of the day during the months Mum was in residence and can honestly say no one could have done more for both of us. Sadly Mum died last week, but I shall never forget how wonderful they all were.

Review of Amber Court Care Home on Tuesday 14 January 2014 by Elsie Smith (Resident)

Nice place to be. Clean and friendly environment. The staff are very attentive. The food is good, it is home-cooked. We have entertainment in the home regularly.

Review of Amber Court Care Home on Tuesday 14 January 2014 by Robert Sharpe (Resident)

To let people know how good this home is. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff. It is a happy place to be.

Review of Amber Court Care Home on Tuesday 14 January 2014 by John L (Resident)

Because in most ways it is excellent. I feel at home. The staff look after me very well. I am happy to be here.

Review of Amber Court Care Home on Tuesday 14 January 2014 by Joyce R (Resident)

To show others how satisfied I am and encourage them to look at this home. It really is a home from home. We have in-house shopping, regular trips out, and entertainers coming in the home.

Review of Amber Court Care Home on Thursday 5 December 2013 by David Dickinson (Husband of resident)

Very clean and comfortable room, good food, excellent staff, no complaints.

Review of Amber Court Care Home on Thursday 5 December 2013 by Kevin Bullock (Mother in care)

All round good care with a friendly atmosphere. The staff are very approachable, the senior staff more so. I would recommend Amber Court to anyone looking for a care home for your family.

Review of Amber Court Care Home on Thursday 5 December 2013 by David Bullock (Son of resident)

I am very happy for my mother to stay here at Amber Court. The staff are very kind to her and the food and general care are very good.

Review of Amber Court Care Home on Wednesday 4 December 2013 by Gordon C (Husband of late resident)

My wife, Joan, was in Amber Court for 5 years, until she passed away in October. I came to visit her every day. The Staff are all lovely, and gave her the best possible care. I would recommend Amber Court to anyone

Review of Amber Court Care Home on Wednesday 4 December 2013 by Stephen Dewhurst (Son of resident)

My mother has had the best care possible. Me and my brother are highly delighted with the care she has received here. The management and staff are highly professional.

Review of Amber Court Care Home on Wednesday 4 December 2013 by Gerald O'Garr (Husband of resident)

The home is clean and very hygienic. No smells. Staff, on the whole, are cheerful and caring. I can visit any time I want, I have never heard or seen any of the staff abusing any residents either verbally or physically. The food is good and drinks are available all day. Birthdays and wedding anniversaries are acknowledged. Christmas is very jolly, all residents receive a present, I would be a resident there if it came to pass!

Review of Amber Court Care Home on Tuesday 3 December 2013 by Jean B (Resident)

I recommend this care home to promote because it is very nice.

Review of Amber Court Care Home on Wednesday 27 November 2013 by Avril G (Daughter of resident)

Lovely and clean, staff so very helpful and caring. Nothing seems to be too much trouble and if any questions need answering someone is always available to give you any information you need at any time. I would recommend to anyone.

Review of Amber Court Care Home on Wednesday 27 November 2013 by Zena Lucas (Resident)

I have been in the home for two years now and did not want to be through the care from all staff and how they make it feel like home as really helped me to settle in. They treat me with dignity and respect and meet all my needs.

Review of Amber Court Care Home on Wednesday 20 November 2013 by Christopher Collinge (Resident)

I enjoy living at the home. I am well looked after and get on with all the staff. The food is good and I feel safe. I like joining in with the activities, entertainment in the home, and going out.

Review of Amber Court Care Home on Wednesday 29 May 2013 by Victoria Penny (Daughter of resident)

My mother Jane has been at Amber Court since August 2012, the staff are amazing and Lorraine has not only helped and cared for my Mother but has also helped me and my sister through a very struggling time. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff and they have almost become my mother's friends as they spend so much time with her encouraging her and helping her to improve. The interior is modern and homely and my Mother enjoys the food, she is very happy.

Review of Amber Court Care Home on Monday 10 September 2012 by Linda K (Daughter of Resident)

My mum has vascular dementia and after 6 1/2 years of endless caring we were recommended by a friend to look at Amber Court. Mum is cared for so well and at last I and my son have the peace of mind knowing her care is extraordinarily good and that the manager Lorraine and her staff really do care. It is the closest place to being at home, no horrid smells, good food, care and love. Keep doing what you do, with many thanks.

Review of Amber Court Care Home on Tuesday 12 June 2012 by David Dickinson (husband of resident)

my wife pat has been in the home since the end of march, after having a stroke. Since she has been in there her health has improved dramatically, she has put on weight & looks a lot better. The staff & management have been fantastic, not just individuals but all of them. I would recommend this home to anyone looking for good care.

Review of Amber Court Care Home on Monday 2 April 2012 by Ann Spiers (Daughter of late resident)

My mum was in Amber Court for seventeen months and in that time their care was amazing. The word "home" is exactly what it is the residents home. My mum became very ill towards the end of her stay with them and they were so dignified with her. We received any information that we were asked. Their courteousness and dignity towards each and every resident is wonderful. They have time to speak and help them all. I would recommend this nursing home highly. Their rooms were their own room and they could put into it anything they wanted, which made it just like their own home. I would just like to say a very big "thank you" to every single member of the staff. The best part is the 'open door policy', you can go to visit at anytime.

Submit a Recommendation for Amber Court Care Home

Please note this form is only for Recommendations & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required. Fields marked in red are required

(Please do no enter spaces)

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Amber Court Care Home and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

Registered General Nurse

Negotiable

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

Blackpool , Lancashire

23 Apr 2014

Care Home Idol 2013

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Amber Court Care Home