Amber Court Care Home, Blackpool, Lancashire

Amber Court is a respected care home in the Blackpool area from the portfolio of Countrywide Care Homes.

The service achieves high standards of nursing and respite care, as well as being appropriate to the needs of people with physical disabilities.

Amber Court has its own activities programme, a versatile food menu and offers regular trips to nearby amenities and attractions.

Group: Countrywide Care Homes Ltd

Person in charge: Lorraine Moore (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Blackpool Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 33 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cancer Care • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Down Syndrome • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Brochure - Service Admission Form. Ages 18+.

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Amber Court Care Home: click here

posted 04 Apr 2016

One nursing bed available in this lovely careing home. Please contact the manager for more details

The Review Score of 9.6 (maximum of 10) for Amber Court Care Home is based on 17 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.558 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.558 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 5 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 9.558 for Amber Court Care Home is based on 17 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.558 for Amber Court Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (116 Excellents x 5) + (78 Goods x 4) + (5 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 199 Ratings = 4.558

The Quantity Score of 5 for Amber Court Care Home is calculated as follows:

3. (17 Positive Reviews ÷ 33 Registered Beds) x 2 = 1.030 (maximum score = 1)

My mother spent her final 3 months at Amber Court. Out of all of the homes we visited, Amber Court stood head and shoulders above the rest. I have nothing but praise for all of the staff here. They were friendly, caring, considerate and compassionate towards my mother and the family. During her final weeks, the staff ensured she received the best care possible, nothing was too much trouble for them. Although my mother has now passed away, I am so grateful for the short time she spent at Amber Court. On days where we were unable to visit, it was good to know that she was in excellent hands. Mum always had kind words for all of the staff. They made her feel welcome and more importantly, treated her like a real person, not just a resident. We all feel extremely lucky that we managed to get my mum a room here, and I will be grateful for all that the staff did for us for the rest of my life. Amber Court and all of the staff cannot be praised enough. Thank you for everything you have done.

How likely would you be to recommend Amber Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

I have lived at Amber Court for 3 years and the staff have always looked after me well. I enjoy the food and also knowing there is always someone there to look after me.

How likely would you be to recommend Amber Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Since moving to the home staff have been excellent at looking after me, making sure I am always comfortable and have a whiskey to hand. I cannot thank them enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Amber Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

The staff at Amber Court at very friendly and efficient, although it has to be said that some are better than others with regard to residents privacy. The catering is very good, the food is hot and tasty with choices for both lunch and tea. The timing of meals could be better; breakfast is at 9.00AM, lunch 12.00PM noon and tea is 4.00PM. The gap between breakfast and tea is too long.

How likely would you be to recommend Amber Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

J hirst, Marketing at Amber Court Care Home responded to this review on 05 Jan 2016:

Thank you for your feedback we would like to reiterate that snacks and drinks are available through the night.

My daughter has special needs so I was very apprehensive about her living anywhere but home, but she has settled well and is happy. This is important to us. We feel we have been very lucky to have found this place it is next best thing to home.

How likely would you be to recommend Amber Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Cannot believe what would have happened to me if I had not been introduced to Amber Court. I have loved being cared for here mostly by the excellent and caring staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Amber Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Since moving into Amber Court staff have made sure I am well looked after and I have everything I need. I enjoy the shows the home put on and the trip to the zoo and round the lights.

How likely would you be to recommend Amber Court Care Home? Likely

I have been here at Amber Court for a couple of months now and I'm very happy with the care I receive. I have settled in very well and feel at home.

How likely would you be to recommend Amber Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

I have been here over twelve months and felt very happy here. Everybody is very kind and caring. I hope I don't have to move!

How likely would you be to recommend Amber Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

My wife has been in Amber Court for 3½ years. The staff have been first class, food good and management approachable and deal with any minor issues as soon a s they come up. I would recommend to others.

How likely would you be to recommend Amber Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Everyone at the care home has been most helpful and supportive and really good with my daughter who has downs syndrome and can be difficult to understand at times, she has settled in well and seems quite happy which is very important at this difficult time. It has proven to be the next best place to home.

How likely would you be to recommend Amber Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

If you want your loved one treated with real courtesy and respect, to be made as comfortable as possible and you want peace of mind that they are truly looked after Amber Court is for you. A brilliant team of people doing a first class job who always adopt an open door policy whatever the time of day My dad has Parkinsons dementia but always looks as comfortable as possible every time we visit. Sometimes we are frustrated by his condition but never with the care being provided. From the Manager Lorraine, the brilliant Nurses and the general carers all provide care at its best and always try to do the best for my dad. When I feel upset the one thing that keeps me going is the fact my dad couldn't be in a better place. Well done and thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Amber Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Staff and manager very good. All round excellent place, home from home, could not ask for better.

Since coming to stay at Amber Court the care I have received has been excellent. The staff are always attentive and nothing is too much trouble for them, they are more like friends. The food is good and the home is clean and welcoming. I feel comfortable and safe living here.

In the four years my mum has been resident both I and my family have been very impressed with the commitment of the staff, comfort and quality of care. Living a distance away it is a great comfort to know mum is in such safe hands. My dad, at 93, appreciates and respects the staff, who always make us as a family so welcome. Thank you to all at Amber Court for caring!

I have been at Amber Court for 18 months and from the first day all the staff have made me feel welcome. The home is bright, clean and airy. I enjoy the food and the company of the other residents. The home puts on in-house entertainment and organises trips out. There is always something to do.

An outstanding Nursing home, modern furniture, very clean, extremely caring with exemplary staff who are very attentive. Welcoming and hugely supportive. The manager Lorraine is outstanding,efficient,attentive, very helpful and supportive. I cannot recommend this home highly enough. My family were totally satisfied with the care provided to my Mother both before and during her end of life management. Outstanding gold star establishment.

Submit a Review for Amber Court Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Amber Court Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Amber Court Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Amber Court Care Home