Amber Court Care Home, Blackpool, Lancashire

Amber Court is a respected care home in the Blackpool area from the portfolio of Countrywide Care Homes.

The service achieves high standards of nursing and respite care, as well as being appropriate to the needs of people with physical disabilities.

Amber Court has its own activities programme, a versatile food menu and offers regular trips to nearby amenities and attractions.

Group: Countrywide Care Homes Ltd

Person in charge: Lorraine Moore (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Blackpool Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 33 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cancer Care • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Down Syndrome • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Brochure - Service Admission Form. Ages 18+.

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Amber Court Care Home: click here

posted 27 Aug 2015

One nursing bed available in this lovely careing home. Please contact the manager for more details

The user 'Review Score' (9.8 for Amber Court Care Home) is based on 25 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

Amber Court Care Home

If you want your loved one treated with real courtesy and respect, to be made as comfortable as possible and you want peace of mind that they are truly looked after Amber Court is for you. A brilliant team of people doing a first class job who always adopt an open door policy whatever the time of day My dad has Parkinsons dementia but always looks as comfortable as possible every time we visit. Sometimes we are frustrated by his condition but never with the care being provided. From the Manager Lorraine, the brilliant Nurses and the general carers all provide care at its best and always try to do the best for my dad. When I feel upset the one thing that keeps me going is the fact my dad couldn't be in a better place. Well done and thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Amber Court Care Home? Extremely likely

Amber Court Care Home

Next best place to home, staff are lovely to me as well as my daughter.

Amber Court Care Home

Staff and manager very good. All round excellent place, home from home, could not ask for better.

Amber Court Care Home

Since coming to stay at Amber Court the care I have received has been excellent. The staff are always attentive and nothing is too much trouble for them, they are more like friends. The food is good and the home is clean and welcoming. I feel comfortable and safe living here.

Amber Court Care Home

In the four years my mum has been resident both I and my family have been very impressed with the commitment of the staff, comfort and quality of care. Living a distance away it is a great comfort to know mum is in such safe hands. My dad, at 93, appreciates and respects the staff, who always make us as a family so welcome. Thank you to all at Amber Court for caring!

Amber Court Care Home

I have been at Amber Court for 18 months and from the first day all the staff have made me feel welcome. The home is bright, clean and airy. I enjoy the food and the company of the other residents. The home puts on in-house entertainment and organises trips out. There is always something to do.

Amber Court Care Home

An outstanding Nursing home, modern furniture, very clean, extremely caring with exemplary staff who are very attentive. Welcoming and hugely supportive. The manager Lorraine is outstanding,efficient,attentive, very helpful and supportive. I cannot recommend this home highly enough. My family were totally satisfied with the care provided to my Mother both before and during her end of life management. Outstanding gold star establishment.

Amber Court Care Home

I recommend this home for the help i get with all my daily needs and wants and the freedom i have in my day to day life.

Amber Court Care Home

I have lived at Amber Court for three years and the care i receive is second to none. All the staff are caring and friendly, the food is good. My bedroom is personalised to what i want. Everyone makes you feel welcome and the manager is always available.

Amber Court Care Home

Since I have been in Amber Court I have been well looked after and all the staff make me feel right at home. Nothing is too much trouble, the food is lovely and home cooked, and it is like a home form home.

Amber Court Care Home

Mum had been in care elsewhere and through gross negligence had both femurs broken. After three weeks in hospital went to Amber court with lots of health problems. She received excellent care with staff doing everything possible to aid healing, make comfortable and control terrible pain. Everyone from manager, nursing and care staff down to cooks and cleaners went the extra mile to help. I was at Amber Court every day for a good part of the day during the months Mum was in residence and can honestly say no one could have done more for both of us. Sadly Mum died last week, but I shall never forget how wonderful they all were.

Amber Court Care Home

Very clean and comfortable room, good food, excellent staff, no complaints.

Amber Court Care Home

All round good care with a friendly atmosphere. The staff are very approachable, the senior staff more so. I would recommend Amber Court to anyone looking for a care home for your family.

Amber Court Care Home

I am very happy for my mother to stay here at Amber Court. The staff are very kind to her and the food and general care are very good.

Amber Court Care Home

To show others how satisfied I am and encourage them to look at this home. It really is a home from home. We have in-house shopping, regular trips out, and entertainers coming in the home.

Amber Court Care Home

Because in most ways it is excellent. I feel at home. The staff look after me very well. I am happy to be here.

Amber Court Care Home

To let people know how good this home is. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff. It is a happy place to be.

Amber Court Care Home

Nice place to be. Clean and friendly environment. The staff are very attentive. The food is good, it is home-cooked. We have entertainment in the home regularly.

Amber Court Care Home

My wife, Joan, was in Amber Court for 5 years, until she passed away in October. I came to visit her every day. The Staff are all lovely, and gave her the best possible care. I would recommend Amber Court to anyone

Amber Court Care Home

My mother has had the best care possible. Me and my brother are highly delighted with the care she has received here. The management and staff are highly professional.

Amber Court Care Home

The home is clean and very hygienic. No smells. Staff, on the whole, are cheerful and caring. I can visit any time I want, I have never heard or seen any of the staff abusing any residents either verbally or physically. The food is good and drinks are available all day. Birthdays and wedding anniversaries are acknowledged. Christmas is very jolly, all residents receive a present, I would be a resident there if it came to pass!

Amber Court Care Home

I recommend this care home to promote because it is very nice.

Amber Court Care Home

Lovely and clean, staff so very helpful and caring. Nothing seems to be too much trouble and if any questions need answering someone is always available to give you any information you need at any time. I would recommend to anyone.

Amber Court Care Home

I have been in the home for two years now and did not want to be through the care from all staff and how they make it feel like home as really helped me to settle in. They treat me with dignity and respect and meet all my needs.

Amber Court Care Home

I enjoy living at the home. I am well looked after and get on with all the staff. The food is good and I feel safe. I like joining in with the activities, entertainment in the home, and going out.

Submit a Review for Amber Court Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Amber Court Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Amber Court Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Amber Court Care Home