Chapel View Care Home, Barnsley, South Yorkshire

Chapel View Care Home is located in the village of Mapplewell just off the A61 between Wakefield and Barnsley.

This purpose built care home provides accommodation in en-suite single occupancy rooms, some of which are spacious enough for sharing.

Chapel View provides TV lounges and a quiet sitting room in which residents can relax and socialise. A separate dining room is available for residents to dine together. Traditional home cooked food using fresh produce is served with daily choices being available. Special diets can be catered for.

Regular visits are made to the home by an experienced hair stylist and a qualified chiropodist.

The home provides a varied programme of activities for residents.

Group: Panaceon Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Karen Sinclaire (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 39 residents

Facilities & Services: Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Chapel View Care Home: click here

posted 24 Jan 2016

Residential

The user Review Score of 9.1 for Chapel View Care Home is based on 11 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 9.072 is made up of 4.508 Points relating to the ratings and 4.564 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

Very much appreciate the help and care I have received and everything that has been done towards my recovery. When I came to Chapel View I was unable to mobilise but due to very good support from staff I am returning home walking.

How likely would you be to recommend Chapel View Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

The atmosphere in the home is warm and friendly. Activities organiser is a real advantage. Staff are approachable and friendly.

How likely would you be to recommend Chapel View Care Home? Likely

My mum has settled in very well at Chapel View. I feel so much better knowing she is safe and is being well looked after. The staff here are lovely. Always seem very bright and cheery. I think we made the right choice in putting mum into this place.

How likely would you be to recommend Chapel View Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

Very friendly staff and helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Chapel View Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

Very clean premises, pleasant atmosphere. Staff are all very kind, caring and helpful and willing to help in anyway. Our sister is very pleased with the care she has and still is receiving. She even said that this home is her "second home" and far better than hospital.

How likely would you be to recommend Chapel View Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

All the staff work really hard and are very nice and friendly. The home has a very relaxed atmosphere but is in need of some decoration but not much, and there's an issue with outside lighting. The meals are very nice but at teatime, I think there should be more.

How likely would you be to recommend Chapel View Care Home? Likely

Aditya Jain, Managing Director at Chapel View Care Home responded to this review on 26 Jan 2016:

Hello Betty, thank you for your feedback. We have now fixed the outside lights and the kitchen menu is being changed to reflect the feedback from the Resident Meeting. The manager will be in touch with you to address your expectations regarding the home decor.

My mum was firstly admitted to this home on respite care last year. She has had two following stays for respite since. The care on all occasions was excellent she now resides here full time. The staff are all very caring and good at their jobs. My mum has much improved in all aspects as a result of the care she receives on a daily basis. Thank you to all a very friendly place to visit and stay.

How likely would you be to recommend Chapel View Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

I have a father in Chapel View and a mother in Field View, both homes are managed by Panaceon Healthcare Ltd. My parents have been in there homes for a year now, and both of them have improved so much, my father has gained weight and my mother her confidence. Panaceon Healthcare have improved both Chapel View and Field View, they provide caring staff and make visitors welcome, always being available to listen and constantly looking for ways to improve the environment for residents and staff. I am very happy with the care that both my parents receive. I can rest assured that if there are any problems staff promptly communicate with me and also reassures me as having both parents in care homes is difficult. I feel very luck that I have mum and dad in a quality establishment.

I arrived feeling run down and in poor shape. The care was good and after three weeks I was able to return home to my own home, much fitter and healthier.

How likely would you be to recommend Chapel View Care Home? Likely

My father (James) was struggling to cope at home, his health had deteriorated and he was certainly in need of some TLC. Chapel View helped him back to fitness and health and after just three weeks he was able to return home and get to see the last Barnsley FC match of the season. The entire staff from MD through to cooks and carers all played there part in the well oiled caring machine. Thank you all I am so grateful.

How likely would you be to recommend Chapel View Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

My mother was accepted into Chapel View Care Home on 24/02/2014 for palliative care. From the moment my mother arrived at the home until she passed away on 01/03/2014 the care she received was 2nd to none. All the staff were brilliant and as we (the family) visited at different times of the day we were (as was my mother) treated with respect and dignity. We couldn't have asked for more.

Submit a Review for Chapel View Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Chapel View Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Chapel View Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Chapel View Care Home