Swallownest Care Home, Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Swallownest Care Home
Swallownest Care Home

Located in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, Swallownest Care Home is a purpose built 65 bedded property offering Nursing, Residential, Respite and End of life care.

At Swallownest Care Home Residents have a choice of lounge areas which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings. The home has a range of comfortable and well-equipped bedrooms.

Chefs at Swallownest pride themselves on preparing a choice of fresh nutritional meals and speciality dishes; they also cater for any dietary and cultural needs. At HC-One, experienced Home Managers and members of staff ensure kindness is at the heart of everything they do.

Person in charge: Jan Myers (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 65 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Epilepsy • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Swallownest Care Home: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Swallownest Care Home

February 2015

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.7 for Swallownest Care Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

Since my father has been in the home, his care has been excellent. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff. The food is very good and my father has a special diet which is adhered to rigidly which is great!

Submitted by David H (Son of Resident/Service User) on Thursday 26 March 2015.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I would have no hesitation in recommending Swallownest Nursing Home to anyone considering a care home. I think it is excellent. The staff are very committed to giving a high standard of care.

Submitted by Nigel Drury (Nephew of Resident/Service User) on Thursday 19 March 2015.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I am staying at Swallownest care home to recover after a bad fall U had at home. I live in the next village so Swallownest was my first choice. It has taken me a little time to settle in but now I am quite settled and comfortable. I am enjoying joining in some of the home activities.

Submitted by William Richardson (Resident / Service User) on Friday 6 March 2015.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

Sadly had to move our father into a care home after our mum couldn't cope. However after this distressing time we had no reason to stress or worry as our father has never looked so well. He has deteriorated in mind, but in health and happiness he has improves enormously . He's never looked so well. My mother's life has improved too in health and happiness. We visit him every day/night where we are always welcomed as one big happy family.

Submitted by Tracey Sensicall (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Wednesday 25 February 2015.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

My mother came to Swallownest following a period in hospital after breaking her hip. It was not possible for her to return home to live alone so we looked for a local care home. Swallownest is the closest to her house so she is still with the same GP practice, church, and friends are not far away. The staff here are all very friendly and helpful and know all the residents. Activities are organised and everyone is included. Family visits are always welcome and staff keep us informed.

Submitted by Anne Day (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Wednesday 25 February 2015.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I attend a local day centre and I met the residents of Swallownest care home. They invited me to a Valentine show and one of my neighbours is a resident there. I had a lovely catch up with him and am visiting him on a regular basis. The home is lovely and I was made to feel very welcome.

Submitted by J Johnston (Friend of Resident/Service User) on Wednesday 25 February 2015.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

Mrs Lawton resident in Swallownest care home from December 2014 to date can't speak too highly of care received from all levels of staff. Excellent caring staff, professional, understanding and treat all with great dignity. Events organiser Dawn Spafford is amazing, ask for a copy of the December events guide which she organised for the residents you will be more than impressed.

Submitted by Barry Hodgkinson (Resident / Service User) on Tuesday 24 February 2015.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

My sister Elaine came into Swallownest for respite in 2013. After a decline in Elaine's health and due to my own health problems, it was decided the Elaine's needed 24 hour care. I feel Elaine is safe and looked after. I visit the home often and spend time with Elaine.

Submitted by Susan M (Sister of Resident/Service User) on Wednesday 18 February 2015.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

After visiting a local day centre, I met the residents of the Swallownest care home. The residents always seem pleasant, happy, well dressed and enjoy the day centre. After meeting them I now attend some of the activities withing the care home.

Submitted by Bronwn Harrison (Other) on Tuesday 17 February 2015. Review relates to February 2015.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

George's wife died suddenly so George needed emergency respite. I looked around Swallownest and liked the home immediately. George has lived at Swallownest for 10 months now. We are extremely happy with everything, the home is lovely and clean. George enjoys the food, he also goes to a local day centre every Tuesday, I would definitely recommend this home to others.

Submitted by David D (Son of Resident/Service User) on Friday 13 February 2015.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

Swallownest care home was chosen my family. After looking around Swallownest we decided we could like aunty to live here. Aunty has settled in nicely and has made some nice friends.

Submitted by Barbara B (Niece of Resident/Service User) on Thursday 12 February 2015. Review relates to February 2015.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I met the residents of Swallownest Care Home at a local day centre I attend weekly. I find the people friendly, sociable and always seem happy and content. I have made some nice friends of the residents who always look clean and tidy. I attend some of the events they hold at the home now and I'm always made to feel welcome.

Submitted by Wendy T (Other) on Wednesday 11 February 2015.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

Aunty needed 24 hour care. Family came to look around and were very happy with what they saw. I visit Aunty weekly and have seen a great difference for the better. Aunty is looked after well here and is settling in nicely.

Submitted by Dorothy F (Niece of Resident/Service User) on Wednesday 11 February 2015.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

At the moment my home needs adapting to reach my needs. I came to look around Swallownest care home and liked it straight away. I am quite happy staying here and feel safe and I looked after. I knew a couple of residents who lived near me so it has been nice for me to catch up with them.

Submitted by Betty B (Resident / Service User) on Wednesday 11 February 2015.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

Mum had a fall at home, Swallownest care home was recommended to us by a relative, so when we where told mum needed respite care we chose Swallownest. Due to mum's deterioration in health it was recommended that mum stayed at Swallownest. After a lot of soul searching by family, I am pleased to say every decision we made was the right one.

Submitted by Janet D (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Tuesday 10 February 2015.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

Cannot find fault at all with this home. Staff fantastic, even cleaning staff are caring and compassionate. The care shown to my dad whilst in this home was superb, nothing was too much trouble. Very friendly and approachable staff who bent over backwards to help our family in such sad circumstances. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone who is looking for a care home. Clean, pleasant, homely environment for all.

Submitted by Alison N (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Monday 9 February 2015.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

Mum had a fall and ended up in hospital. After being discharged Mum went to a rehabilitation home, Mum's home was assessed at this time and it was recommended that she needed 24 hour care. Swallownest was in Mum's home village so we went to look round after looking around 2 more homes. I am happy knowing mum is looked after 24 hours a day and she has fitted in and made friends.

Submitted by Rosemary K (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Thursday 5 February 2015.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I would recommend the care home because of the caring attitude and friendliness of the staff.

Submitted by Gerald R (Brother of Resident/Service User) on Wednesday 4 February 2015.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I have been friends with Ken for over 20 years. After a slight stroke I supported Ken as much as I could. After Ken had a bad fall he ended up in hospital. At this time it was up to Ken to decide whether to live in a care home. A good friend recommended Swallownest to Ken so I came and had a look around to tell Ken what I thought. I told Ken it was very nice, I have seen a tremendous improvement in Ken since living at Swallonest.

Submitted by Peter Harold B (Friend of Resident/Service User) on Wednesday 4 February 2015.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

Mum lived with me for 3 years after a stroke. Mum was in hospital for 3 and a half months. I was told that Mum would not manage at home and needed 24hour care. Mum's friend was in Swallownest and I had visited her so when I chose a home I came to look around Swallownest and chose this home. Mum has lived at Swallownest for 2 years and has settled in very well. I would definitely recommend this home to others and have done.

Submitted by Margaret M (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Wednesday 4 February 2015.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I live in America (come over to see mum often) mum was having frequent falls, mum has parkinsons so everyday life was becoming impossible for her at home. We had heard good things about Swallownest care home. We arranged for mum to move into Swallownest. I am extremely happy with everything in this home I am made to feel very welcome when I visit mum and often stay and have lunch with mum.

Submitted by Elaine Burger (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Friday 30 January 2015.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

Margaret was in hospital, while she was in hospital it was recommended that she needed 24 hour care and the decision was taken out of my hands. Swallownest care home is in the village where I live so I was very pleased after looking around that mum was able to come and live there. Mum is now living in Swallownest and she could not be looked after any better.

Submitted by Roy A (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Friday 30 January 2015.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

In 2013 my father-in-law became seriously ill and after an operation and three months in hospital, Swallownest agreed to take over his care. From then until today his quality of life, health and well being have improved beyond recognition. We can't thank the whole staff enough for what they do. Jan and the staff are exceptional.

Submitted by Sharon T (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Friday 30 January 2015.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I was looking after my husband at home with the help of carers. My own health was deteriorating so it was recommended that Ernest came into care. My husbands mum was in Swallownest and we were very happy with her care then, so Swallonest was our first choice. Ernest has lived at Swallownest for 18 months now. Me and my family are very happy with his care and Ernest hasn't looked this well in years.

Submitted by Kath Mottershaw (Wife of Resident/Service User) on Friday 30 January 2015.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I was caring for my husband Ernest at home with the help of carers 4 times a day. I began to struggle due to my own health problems so it was recommended that Ernest had 24 hour care. My mother-in-law had resided at Swallownest 10 years ago and I had attended the annual fayres held at the home a few times since then. Ernest has settled in very well here and I often come and have lunch with him. Ernest has been on some outings and we have planned to go on one of the trips together soon. All in all I am very happy with Ernest living at Swallownest. It gives me peace of mind to know he is being well looked after. I have already recommended Swallownest to a friend of mine who is looking for a care home and would highly recommend this home to anyone who is looking to choose a home for a loved one.

Submitted by Kath Mottershaw (Wife of Resident/Service User) on Friday 31 January 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

My partner had a very bad stroke, after being discharged from hospital Margaret had to go straight to a care home, Swallownest is near to my home so after looking around and liking it we decided Margaret would come and live here. Margaret has been living at here for four years and settled in nicely. On the whole we are happy with everything. I spend almost every evening here with Maggie watching T.V. and chatting.

Submitted by Jim D (Partner of Resident/Service User) on Monday 26 January 2015.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

My mum was ringing me up at all hours and she wasn't eating properly, I was concerned about mums health, hygiene as she wasn't managing. Due to ill health that I suffer I could not manage mum and it was starting to take it's toll on me. This home was recommended to us and mum has settled in lovely. My time with my mum now is quality time and we enjoy each others company, shopping and take mum home.

Submitted by Christine C (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Tuesday 20 January 2015.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

Mum had been in hospital quite a while, we were told mum could not return home due to health reasons and my dad would not be able to manager to care for her. Mum was desperate to get out of hospital. Swallownest is our local village so we looked round Swallownest and we decided we would like mum to live there. Mum has lived at Swallownest now 18 months and we are very happy with her care. All mums needs are met here and we visit often.

Submitted by Anthea Parker (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Tuesday 20 January 2015.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I feel the home is of a very high standard. Staff are friendly and helpful. I would recommend this home for myself when I get older!

Submitted by Mark Connor (Other) on Thursday 8 January 2015. Review relates to December 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

My nieces were worried about me living alone and thought it would safer for me to live in a care home. They looked around Swallownest Care Home and told me it was lovely. I have now moved in to Swallownest Care Home and have settled in very well. I go out quite often and have enjoyed the shows, I've even had a dance a couple of times. I have also made some very nice friends.

Submitted by Olive Storer (Resident / Service User) on Thursday 8 January 2015. Review relates to December 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

My father was transferred from Rotherham general hospital on 24th December with bile duct cancer and he passed away on the afternoon of 30th December although his stay was short, the care and attention he and the family received was second to none. We would not hesitate to recommend this care home to anyone.

Submitted by Nigel D (Son of Resident/Service User) on Wednesday 31 December 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I had two very bad falls at home and was taken to hospital. While I was in hospital it was decided I needed 24 hour care while I got stronger and back on my feet. I am living at Swallownest Care Home and have improved 100% and I am very reluctant to go home. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff here they go above and beyond their duties. I feel very safe and cared for living here.

Submitted by Percy C (Resident / Service User) on Wednesday 31 December 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I realised I could not manage at home any longer. I was in and out of hospital due to ill health. It was while I was in hospital that I made the decision to move into a nursing home. Swallownest Care Home was recommended to me by a very good friend. After living here now for three months I am very happy and settled. I visit a local day centre weekly and join in lots of activities. I get lots of visitors and am very happy with the care I receive.

Submitted by Kenneth R (Resident / Service User) on Monday 29 December 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I came here from sheltered accommodation because they could not meet my needs it was a huge change for me after living independently and it took me about a month to settle here. After living here for a few months there is nowhere I would rather be. Contentment is the word I would tell anyone to come and live here and hope they would be as happy as I am.

Submitted by Kenneth Benbow (Resident / Service User) on Monday 27 October 2014. Review relates to October 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I broke my hip and went to rehab, it was then that I realised that would not be able to manage at home. My family chose Swallownest for me and I am glad they did. The staff here are very nice, they look after me very well. The food is very good here and I enjoy the occasional show.

Submitted by Muriel Davies (Resident / Service User) on Friday 5 September 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

All of the staff are friendly and caring. The main rooms have recently been decorated making them a nice environment to be in. Also the garden area. The staff treat each resident as an individual for their care needs. I would recommend this home to a relative or somebody who may have to take resident in a care home.

Submitted by Julia S (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Wednesday 27 August 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I had a massive stroke at home, up until my stroke I was a very well man. I had a certain amount of recovery but not enough to be able to manage at home. My family chose Swallownest for me and I am happy with this home. I have settled in here and now have my wife living here with me too. As long as I have my wife by my side I am more than happy. I get on with other residents and staff very well.

Submitted by Michael Rolph (Resident / Service User) on Thursday 14 August 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I am staying at Swallownest on respite with a view to living her permanently. I am really enjoying my stay here and am enjoying the outings and the shows, we have just had a lovely day at Cleethorpes. My husband Michael is living here so we get to spend our days together. I have made some very nice friends here and join in most of the activities here.

Submitted by Iris Rolph (Resident / Service User) on Thursday 14 August 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I fell at home and I broke my leg and went into hospital. My daughters thought it would be safer for me to live in a nursing home. My daughters looked around a few homes and chose Swallownest for me. Since living here I have settled in and have enjoyed a few of the activities, I have been on a lovely narrow boat trip and attended a show, I haven't been here very long but I have already made friends.

Submitted by Suheila B (Resident / Service User) on Monday 11 August 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

The care provided to my nan was unparalleled. Having worked in the profession I can say without a doubt this care was outstanding.

Submitted by Alex Jones (Grandson of Resident/Service User) on Thursday 10 July 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

In February 2014 it became apparent after all health care and rehab services that dad would need residential care and I would have to find a suitable placement. After looking at several units I was becoming quite despondent as they just weren't suitable, my sister-in-law was speaking to a work colleague who's mum was in care and she recommended Swallownest. I rang them up and was invited to visit anytime and was so pleased with what I saw, I arranged there and then for him to be admitted and not regretted it once.

Submitted by Pam B (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Thursday 26 June 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

Since going to Swallownest Care Home my Mother-in-Laws health has significantly improved. She suffered from very swollen ulcerated legs which required constant bathing and dressing by district nurses. She now has legs to rival any 40 year old. (she is nearly 94). The excellent food and amazing staff have turned her life back a good 5 to 6 years. When new staff start they soon know all residents following the example of long standing staff. New manager is excellent.

Submitted by Janice Taylor (Daughter-in-law of Resident/Service User) on Tuesday 17 June 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

Very friendly environment homely feel to the place. Food is good. There is always something going on i.e entertainment, trips etc for the residents. The care provided is excellent. The recent renovation carried out i.e the garden , bedrooms etc is an added bonus.

Submitted by Marie Matadeen (Wife of Resident/Service User) on Friday 13 June 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I cannot praise this home highly enough. The love and care the staff showed my aunt in the last few weeks of her life was second to none. Nothing was to much trouble for them and she was full of admiration. They also treat all her family with the utmost kindness and continue to do so. This home is a wonderful place and looks after patients exceptionally well.

Submitted by Sharon Savory (Niece of Resident/Service User) on Friday 13 June 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

The care my aunt received whilst a resident was first class and could not be bettered. She herself was full of praise for the home and staff and everyone connected to her care. They treated my uncle and the rest of the family with such consideration and feeling and support at a very sad time.

Submitted by Sheila Mardlin (Aunt of Resident/Service User) on Friday 13 June 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I was residing in another care home that unfortunately flooded, I was brought to Swallownest during the night. I settled in straight away and decided to stay here. I am very happy living at Swallownest, I have my own computer here which I use daily. I have many friends here and enjoy the concerts and join in some of the games. This home is a happy home and I would certainly recommend it to others.

Submitted by Peter Scratton (Resident / Service User) on Thursday 12 June 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

Since my mother moved to Swallownest Care Home in June 2011, we have always been delighted with the quality of care she received, the food provided and the activities available to her. However, throughout 2014 these areas have all improved even further, coinciding with the arrival of a new manager in November 2013. The staff really do work as a team and support each other. Their knowledge of the individual residents is amazing and the care shown to them is outstanding. The whole ambiance is improving both inside and outside to provide facilities mirroring many hotels.

Submitted by Mike Taylor (Son of Resident/Service User) on Thursday 12 June 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

Extremely high standard of care. Very friendly environment. All our family very impressed.

Submitted by Ian Jones (Son of Resident/Service User) on Wednesday 11 June 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

My wife passed away suddenly and unexpectedly. Me and my wife looked after each other so when she passed away me and my family decided I would be better living at Swallownest. I wouldn't have managed at home. It took me a little while to adapt to the change in my life, but I am now settled. I am as happy as I can be and now I have made some friends I join in some of the activities.

Submitted by John M (Resident / Service User) on Wednesday 11 June 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I visit Swallownest and take in the activities, it gets me out of the house as I live on my own and I don't have close family. I have made some good friends at Swallownest. I would happily move in there tomorrow.

Submitted by Leslie G (Resident / Service User) on Wednesday 4 June 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

Having recently retired after many years in nursing, I have been visiting this home and joining in with the many activities on offer. I have found it to be a very well run home with caring staff who strive to meet each individuals needs. They always try to go the extra mile and there is always a happy atmosphere every time I visit. I would highly recommend it.

Submitted by Janet Hickman (Other) on Thursday 29 May 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I came to Swallownest care home due to ill health and need of regular medication. I am very happy living at Swallownest and enjoy the company. I join in all of the activities and get out on a regular basis. I would recommend this home to others looking for a happy, safe and comfortable home to live in. I feel looked after here and have managed to maintain my independence.

Submitted by Christopher P (Resident / Service User) on Wednesday 28 May 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I lived at home with my wife and we had carers coming in 4 times a day. My wife died suddenly and me and my family decided that I would be better with 24 hour care. On arriving at Swallownest I was grieving for my wife so I really didn't care much where I was. Now! 4 weeks later I am feeling a lot more settled. The staff have been great and I have made a very good friend who I spend most of my days with.

Submitted by George Corby (Resident / Service User) on Tuesday 27 May 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

My aunt had a fall and broke her hip and went to hospital. Aunty went into respite to recover it was recommended that she went into a care home as it wouldn't be safe for her to return home. We looked round 2 or 3 homes and chose Swallownest. My aunt has settled in very nicely and seems content. I am very happy with her care here at Swallownest.

Submitted by Beryl Bagshaw (Niece of Resident/Service User) on Wednesday 21 May 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

My father is well cared for and is comfortable he has dementia and his concentration doesn't last long enough to be interested in activities but the staff are very good, although they could do with more help. Everyone is always cheerful and all staff from the cleaners up acknowledge us.

Submitted by Carol P (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Monday 19 May 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I came to Swallownest because of my mobility - I was unable to manage at home. I have settled well and everyone is helpful and kind.

Submitted by Iris Guy (Resident / Service User) on Thursday 15 May 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I had quite a bad fall at my nephews house who I was living with at the time. I was brought to Swallownest care home. I have settled in here and feel safe. I enjoy the food here and have been taken out on day trips which I really enjoyed. I am a keep myself to myself sort of person but I enjoy company sometimes. I am happy to live here for the rest of my life, I am 100 years old.

Submitted by Harry Fox (Resident / Service User) on Wednesday 14 May 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I came to Swallownest because I could not look after myself. I have made many friends while I have been here. I get to go out quite a lot with my family and friends and I have lots of visitors. I get on really well with all the staff and feel safe here.

Submitted by Bennett Hudson (Resident / Service User) on Wednesday 14 May 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I had a fall and I couldn't manage at home, my sister was in this home and I came here. I'm very settled here I know everyone and would definitely recommend this home.

Submitted by Bessie E (Resident / Service User) on Monday 12 May 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I was in a rehabilitation home before I came here. After entering Swallownest care home for the first time I was pleasantly surprised. I was instantly made to feel welcome and at home. I have settled in very well and enjoy the company of fellow residents. I have been out a few times and have enjoyed some shows, coffee morning and mostly the monthly church service, I feel cared for here.

Submitted by Dorothy Seager (Resident / Service User) on Thursday 1 May 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

My brother had difficulty settling in but the staff especially Dawn spent time helping him and now he joins in the activities provided.

Submitted by Diane C (Sister of Resident/Service User) on Thursday 1 May 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I would recommend this care home. I visit every week and I am very happy with the care here.

Submitted by Robert S (Cousin of Resident/Service User) on Thursday 1 May 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I came into this home with my mother (who kept falling) and I came with other health problems about six years ago. Entertainments very good. I would recommend this care home.

Submitted by Sandra White (Resident / Service User) on Thursday 1 May 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I had several falls at home and no immediate family to take care of me, my neice lives far away, we chose this home because it was nearest.

Submitted by Mary Atkinson (Resident / Service User) on Wednesday 30 April 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I was living alone and unable to look after myself, my daughter suffers ill health and couldn't care for me. I have been here over 21/2 years and I am quite content.

Submitted by Jean Brooks (Resident / Service User) on Wednesday 30 April 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

Having visited Swallownest Care home many times over the years I can honestly say i find the staff very caring and helpful. I also like seeing the residents get involved in games such as bingo and tridomino's for small prizes. Swallownest Care home also have a summer and Christmas Fayre with lots of stalls with cakes, toys, books, films, arts and crafts and much more to raise extra money for residents trips out and everyone seems to really enjoy these days. I love the fact that the residents still get to go out to shops, museums or the seaside etc (with staff), I go to a support group most Tuesday's 10 till 1 and the Activity coordinator and a volunteer from the care home bring about 4 or 5 residents every week. Any one can go to this group and currently about 25 people do each week, there we all socialize have tea and biscuits, quizzes and play new games like the best of British board game and last week we had a dvd about what Aston/ Swallownest looked like many years ago. I am only 29 well 30 in two weeks and I really do have fun chatting and playing games with the residents at the support group. All in all in my opinion it's a very good care home

Submitted by Paul (Friend of Resident/Service User) on Monday 3 March 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I recently visited with a friend that was visiting a relative. It has been a while since I last visited, I was very impressed that staff were friendly very helpful. I noticed there had been improvements in the decoration of the home which made it welcoming and pleasant for the residents that live there. Whilst visiting the homes activity coordinator was holding a residents meeting and we were invited to attend. I would recommend this home to anyone who is needing 24 hour care. My friends mother is very well cared for and happy within the home.

Submitted by Elizabeth Shaw (Friend of Resident/Service User) on Friday 7 February 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

Me and my son had the job of finding a suitable home for my wife, after looking at a couple of other homes we visited Swallownest. The home instantly stood out from the others we had visited as it was lovely and clean and so very friendly, we were made very welcome. My wife has been here around a month now and we couldn't be happier, the staff and manager here go above and beyond their duty and although I don't live here I spend most of my days here with my wife. we have lunch together nearly every day and have been taken out 3 times already. A trip to the seaside is planned and we cannot wait. My wife has been ill for a while and we haven't been able to go out so coming to Swallownest has made a huge difference to our quality of life and I can't thank everyone enough. I would definitely recommend this home to anyone looking for care and hope you would be as happy we are.

Submitted by Howard Jones (Husband of Resident/Service User) on Thursday 6 February 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

My elderly mum is in Swallownest so I was a regular visitor to the home. After quite a nasty fall at home and due to several health problems it was decided that I should come and live at Swallownest. It took me a while to settle in as it was not an environment I was used to. I am now very settled at Swallownest & enjoy the activities and the outings, I also enjoy the regular concerts and enjoy a dance. I have made some nice friends and now call Swallownest my home.

Submitted by Frank wragg (Resident / Service User) on Wednesday 22 January 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I came to Swallownest for 2weeks respite, my family chose this home for me. I am going to a home to live which is near to my family and my grand-daughter also works there, I had a few falls at home and I was not coping so well so me and my family decided that a care home would be the best and safest place for me. I have enjoyed staying at Swallownest, everyone has been really kind I will miss them all. I have made some nice friends here. I have been looked after very well while I have been here.

Submitted by Marie Mail (Resident / Service User) on Wednesday 27 November 2013.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

Aunty Mag used to come in for respite until it was decided that it was too much of a risk to leave Madge at home Even though Madge was having carers 5 times a day. Madge is happy living here and has settled. It is lovely, family visit her very often and we are happy with her care.

Submitted by Mr & Mrs Turner (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Wednesday 27 November 2013.

Submit a Recommendation for Swallownest Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Swallownest Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Swallownest Care Home