Swallownest Care Home

Chesterfield Road, Swallownest, Sheffield S26 4TL

Swallownest Care Home, Sheffield, South Yorkshire

Located in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, Swallownest Care Home is a purpose built 65 bedded property offering Nursing, Residential, Respite and End of life care.

At Swallownest Care Home Residents have a choice of lounge areas which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings. The home has a range of comfortable and well-equipped bedrooms.

Chefs at Swallownest pride themselves on preparing a choice of fresh nutritional meals and speciality dishes; they also cater for any dietary and cultural needs. At HC-One, experienced Home Managers and members of staff ensure kindness is at the heart of everything they do.

Person in charge: Jan Myers (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 65 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Epilepsy • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Swallownest Care Home: click here

posted 28 Dec 2016

Please contact us for information regarding our bed availability

9.8 Swallownest Care Home has a Review Score of 9.8 (9.764)

The Review Score of 9.8 (maximum of 10) for Swallownest Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 19 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Swallownest Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 15 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.764 for Swallownest Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (173 Excellents x 5) + (51 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 225 Ratings = 4.764

2. 1 point is available for reaching a target number of Positive Reviews based on 20% of the number of registered beds. If the target is partially reached then that proportion of 1 point is given. eg a Care Home with 50 registered beds has a target of 10 Positive Reviews, if it has 10 or more Positive Reviews it will receive 1 point, if it has 7 reviews will receive 0.7 points.

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Swallownest Care Home is based on 15 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 13 positive Reviews (65 registered beds ÷ 5). 15 Reviews ÷ 13 Target Reached = 1

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Swallownest Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Swallownest Care Home

The treatment my mum receives at Swallownest Care Home is second to none. The carers, true to their name, do care about the job they do. My mum is not very good at eating and they make sure that she is encouraged as much as they can to try to get her to eat. Her room is always kept really clean and her laundry is done really well. Before Christmas, the activities co-ordinator worked so hard and there was something for the residents to see or take part in almost every day. There were concerts, meals out, Christmas party and too many other things to mention, but each activity was carried out really well.

When I was ill for a few days, I had no problem with not being able to go to see my mum because I know that she was really well looked after.

I would like to thank the staff and management of the home very much for everything they do for my mum.

How likely would you be to recommend Swallownest Care Home? Extremely Likely

Mum moved in just over a month ago and has settled really well. There has been a marked improvement in herself. She is well dressed, clean and tidy. She loves the food and the wallpaper in her room, often commenting on how lovely her room is. The carers are patient and caring and the activities are superb. She enjoys the food and eats well. The only downside is her room is dark, it is good to see mum involved in internal activities. She loves the shows. Thank you, everyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Swallownest Care Home? Extremely Likely

HC-One, Careline Team at Swallownest Care Home responded to this review on 19 Dec 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. We really value the feedback provided by those who use our services.
The home is currently redecorating all bedrooms in the home with the aim of creating a bright and welcoming environment for individuals that reside at Swallownest Care Home. Residents are encouraged to choose their preferred decoration scheme, to create the desired look and personal feel to their individual rooms. Depending on the time of the year rooms can at times appear darker than usual and in these times extra lighting is available.

From the first time I visited Swallownest Care Home, I just knew this is where I would like my Mum to be. The staff are professional, polite, friendly. They cannot help you enough and most of all, they genuinely care. Swallownest Care Home is homely. It has lovely touches to detail re: decor/accessories in all areas e.g. lounges/residents rooms. I cannot thank the staff enough for the smooth transition they gave my Mum from her previous home and how they have made her welcome. It is a delight and pleasure to visit Mum, knowing she is well cared for and happy. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Swallownest Care Home? Extremely Likely

Since my auntie has been in this home she's been a different person. Bright and smiley. Whenever I have visited she has been beautifully dressed in matching colours with either a necklace or scarf. The staff are extremely caring, bright and cheerful. Always interacting with the residents. Before she was constantly in her wheelchair but now she is encouraged to walk with help, I can't thank them enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Swallownest Care Home? Extremely Likely

I came at 10.20 this morning. My sister had her hair washed ready for me to curl it. We were both offered a cup of tea, the home, the deco, the staff are all fantastic there's excellent care, great atmosphere, great food. Everyone is cheerful, it is a pleasure to come. A very big thank you to all the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Swallownest Care Home? Extremely Likely

I am a local widow who met the residents of Swallownest Care Home at our local day centre. I realise my neighbour has moved into Swallownest Care Home after seeing her with the staff of the home at the local day centre.
I now visit my friend most weeks and she has never looked so well and is getting out and about regularly.

How likely would you be to recommend Swallownest Care Home? Extremely Likely

Our Mom was told along with all our family that she was going to have go go into a nursing home. We found this really hard to deal with as for a couple of years with help from private carers and our dad had managed to care for Mom at home, but this was taken out of our hands. We went on Swallownest site and liked what we saw, so went and visited. We were made very welcome by the Manager and staff. We talked to some of the carers who really made us feel at ease. Our Mom cant walk at all really and has Alzheimer's. All the staff really help our Mom and her care needs are second to none. It is a very special, caring home with lovely carers who made our Mom feel cared for. Also good entertainment and involve everyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Swallownest Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother entered the home in early March and from the very first day was made to feel very much at home. The staff have been very supportive to both my mother and also to all her visitors. They create a very relaxed and welcoming atmosphere. Rooms are very comfortable and food is plentiful and varied. Staff will do whatever they can to meet the needs of the residents. There is a varied programme of activities that visitors are also encouraged to attend. Residents and relations are encouraged to share thoughts at a residents meeting.

How likely would you be to recommend Swallownest Care Home? Extremely Likely

My good friend and neighbour was in and out of hospital. I used to pop in and see him most days and could see he was struggling to manage at home. My wife was cared for in Swallownest care home and the care she received was excellent I recommended Swallownest to my friend. He has now lived in Swallownest for about 18 months and is settled. I visit 3 or 4 times a week and often have lunch here. This home is brilliant and I cold not find a bad word to say about this home. My friend is in the best place possible.

How likely would you be to recommend Swallownest Care Home? Extremely Likely

My wife suffering with ill health and ended up in hospital, due to me suffering ill health myself. I was advised that my wife would need 24 hour nursing care. Swallownest Care Home was recommended to us so we came to look around. I was quite pleased with what I saw, we went home and discussed our options and we decided it was where we would like my wife to live. She has been here now for 2 weeks and I am very pleased with everything.

How likely would you be to recommend Swallownest Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mum recently went into hospital due to bad health and with her poor mobility was advised by a hospital consultant that mom needed 24 hour nursing care. After look around we found Swallownest Nursing Home was the right one for mom.
The staff are excellent, caring and considerate and mom has settled in really well, which really helped us as a family as it was one of the hardest decisions we have ever had to make.
So thank you Swallownest for all of your help and making mum part of your family.

How likely would you be to recommend Swallownest Care Home? Extremely Likely

I care for my friend at home, after several falls my friend ended up in hospital. He then went to Swallownest Care Home for respite to recover. My friend then decided he would like to live at Swallownest. He has lived at Swallownest for approx 10 months now and is very settled, my friend has become a lot more sociable, and joins in with the homes activities. He has made friends with other residents and seems happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Swallownest Care Home? Extremely Likely

Mum has always been fiercely independent. Unfortunately she had a fall in July 2015 and broke her femur. She was subsequently in hospital for five months and had many complications, she was, as a result unable to stand or weight bear, pressure sore and continence problems. Due to this she was unable to return home and I had the thankless task of finding her a care home. I trailed around endless homes, but when I came into Swallownest Care Home o knew immediately that it was where I wanted mum to be. Every where was clean, happy and homely. The staff were happy and friendly and the residents all looked comfortable and spoke when you walked through the lounge area. Not forgetting the gentleman, who does his best to address all mums requests!.

How likely would you be to recommend Swallownest Care Home? Extremely Likely

My wife was in another nursing home. I wasn't happy with her care. I decided to look for another home for her. I looked around Swallownest and as soon as I walked in I thought it was ideal. My wife has lived here about five months, she is more alert and brighter and I am very very happy with her care and I feel I couldn't have picked a better place.

How likely would you be to recommend Swallownest Care Home? Extremely Likely

Mum had several falls at home. After one of her falls mum broke her ankle, mum was then put into a care home, it was during her stay there that was decided it was for the best for her to go into permanent care. Swallownest is in my local village so after looking around it was decided mum would come and live at Swallownest care home. Mum has lived at Swallownest now for approximately nine months, she is settled, happy and has made friends, she gets out and enjoys the entertainment they have on a the home.

How likely would you be to recommend Swallownest Care Home? Extremely Likely

Why aren't they all like this one! He has been treated with kindness, care and respect, I find this really amazing. This place is clean and staff are pleasant and helpful in the current climate of budget cuts etc.. I and my partner are so grateful living away knowing he is really cared for, makes us sleep properly does my heart good and for my father in law, care he really needs. Wow fantastic.

How likely would you be to recommend Swallownest Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother received end of life care in Swallownest nursing home for 10 days. All aspects of her stay there was excellent, I cant fault one thing. She was treated with respect and dignity at all times. The staff were fantastic from the cleaners, laundry, carers, nurses and management not forgetting the kitchen staff who provided excellent meals. Every member of staff always had a smile for us. When my mum passed away nothing was too much trouble for the family, the support given to us was marvellous. Swallownest was the next best thing to mum being nursed at home.

How likely would you be to recommend Swallownest Care Home? Extremely Likely

The care home provided good end of life care for my parents. One died as a resident and the other was treated with care , respect and dignity in their remaining months of life, being supported through a difficult time with health and loss of a partner. The home was also supportive to family who found the care of ailing parents hard. The staff were really good and helpful and I felt confident leaving my parents with them.

How likely would you be to recommend Swallownest Care Home? Extremely Likely

After suffering two strokes and a heart attack, I needed to look for 24 hour care - I have been living with my daughter who unfortunately fell ill and had to visit hospital fro treatment most days. We found Swallownest through discussions with GPs and Social Services. I am here for respite at the moment. I have no concerns - meals are varied - I feel really safe and I would recommend this home to anyone.

Submit a Review for Swallownest Care Home

Please avoid using names and enter a minimum of 200 and maximum of 1,000 characters - Currently 0 characters.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Swallownest Care Home