Fees Advice From Saga
Care Home Advice
Swallownest Care Home, Swallownest, Sheffield, South Yorkshire

Tel: 0114 254 0608

Located in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, Swallownest Care Home is a purpose built 65 bedded property offering Nursing, Residential, Respite and End of life care.

At Swallownest Care Home Residents have a choice of lounge areas which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings. The home has a range of comfortable and well-equipped bedrooms.

Chefs at Swallownest pride themselves on preparing a choice of fresh nutritional meals and speciality dishes; they also cater for any dietary and cultural needs. At HC-One, experienced Home Managers and members of staff ensure kindness is at the heart of everything they do.

Owner: HC-One Ltd

Person in charge: Jan Myers (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 65 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Epilepsy • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Swallownest Care Home: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Swallownest Care Home

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Swallownest Care Home

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.8 for Swallownest Care Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Swallownest Care Home on Monday 3 March 2014 by Paul (Friend of resident)

Having visited Swallownest Care home many times over the years I can honestly say i find the staff very caring and helpful. I also like seeing the residents get involved in games such as bingo and tridomino's for small prizes. Swallownest Care home also have a summer and Christmas Fayre with lots of stalls with cakes, toys, books, films, arts and crafts and much more to raise extra money for residents trips out and everyone seems to really enjoy these days. I love the fact that the residents still get to go out to shops, museums or the seaside etc (with staff), I go to a support group most Tuesday's 10 till 1 and the Activity coordinator and a volunteer from the care home bring about 4 or 5 residents every week. Any one can go to this group and currently about 25 people do each week, there we all socialize have tea and biscuits, quizzes and play new games like the best of British board game and last week we had a dvd about what Aston/ Swallownest looked like many years ago. I am only 29 well 30 in two weeks and I really do have fun chatting and playing games with the residents at the support group. All in all in my opinion it's a very good care home

Review of Swallownest Care Home on Friday 7 February 2014 by Elizabeth Shaw (visitor to resident)

I recently visited with a friend that was visiting a relative. It has been a while since I last visited, I was very impressed that staff were friendly very helpful. I noticed there had been improvements in the decoration of the home which made it welcoming and pleasant for the residents that live there. Whilst visiting the homes activity coordinator was holding a residents meeting and we were invited to attend. I would recommend this home to anyone who is needing 24 hour care. My friends mother is very well cared for and happy within the home.

Review of Swallownest Care Home on Thursday 6 February 2014 by Howard Jones (husband of resident)

Me and my son had the job of finding a suitable home for my wife, after looking at a couple of other homes we visited Swallownest. The home instantly stood out from the others we had visited as it was lovely and clean and so very friendly, we were made very welcome. My wife has been here around a month now and we couldn't be happier, the staff and manager here go above and beyond their duty and although I don't live here I spend most of my days here with my wife. we have lunch together nearly every day and have been taken out 3 times already. A trip to the seaside is planned and we cannot wait. My wife has been ill for a while and we haven't been able to go out so coming to Swallownest has made a huge difference to our quality of life and I can't thank everyone enough. I would definitely recommend this home to anyone looking for care and hope you would be as happy we are.

Review of Swallownest Care Home on Friday 31 January 2014 by Kath Mottershaw (wife of resident)

I was caring for my husband Ernest at home with the help of carers 4 times a day. I began to struggle due to my own health problems so it was recommended that Ernest had 24 hour care. My mother-in-law had resided at Swallownest 10 years ago and I had attended the annual fayres held at the home a few times since then. Ernest has settled in very well here and I often come and have lunch with him. Ernest has been on some outings and we have planned to go on one of the trips together soon. All in all I am very happy with Ernest living at Swallownest. It gives me peace of mind to know he is being well looked after. I have already recommended Swallownest to a friend of mine who is looking for a care home and would highly recommend this home to anyone who is looking to choose a home for a loved one.

Review of Swallownest Care Home on Wednesday 22 January 2014 by Frank wragg (Resident)

My elderly mum is in Swallownest so I was a regular visitor to the home. After quite a nasty fall at home and due to several health problems it was decided that I should come and live at Swallownest. It took me a while to settle in as it was not an environment I was used to. I am now very settled at Swallownest & enjoy the activities and the outings, I also enjoy the regular concerts and enjoy a dance. I have made some nice friends and now call Swallownest my home.

Review of Swallownest Care Home on Tuesday 8 January 2013 by Karen Robertson Riley (daughter of resident)

My dad was unable to take care of himself so he needed 24 hour care. I was devastated about Dad coming into care after all the bad publicity you hear about care homes. I felt like the worst daughter ever. After my dad had been here for a week it was like the biggest weight had been lifted and that I had become my dad's daughter again instead of his carer. My time with my dad is now quality time, we sit and chat now instead of me taking care of Dad.

Review of Swallownest Care Home on Tuesday 29 May 2012 by Russell Holmes (Son of resident)

My mum has lived at swallownest for nearly 5 years. I am happy with the care that my mum receives and the quality of her social life at swallownest. I take my mum out as often as possible and feel quite happy about leaving her at swallownest after we return home.

Review of Swallownest Care Home on Wednesday 25 April 2012 by Raymond Wylie (Husband to Resident)

My wife has been at Swallownest for just over two years. I am very happy with the care Mary recieves. Although my wife cannot speak I can tell by her actions that she is happy living here. She eats well and is always kept lovely and clean. I am always made to feel welcome when I visit my wife which is every day. The staff are all very approachable as is the manager and the adminstrator. I would recommend swallownest to others as in my eyes you could not find a better place for your loved ones.

Review of Swallownest Care Home on Thursday 12 April 2012 by Jim dargavel (Residents Partner)

I would recommend swallownest to others. My partner Margaret is happy here and settled. Meals are very nice and I have stayed for lunch with Margaret a couple of times and I often take margaret out for lunch. I attend the regular concerts with margaret and also attend the monthly church services or any coffee mornings or fetes that are organised. The home is a very friendly home and I am always made to feel welcome. I am on the homes commitee and attend regular meetings.

Submit a Recommendation for Swallownest Care Home

Please note this form is only for Recommendations & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required. Fields marked in red are required

(Please do no enter spaces)

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Swallownest Care Home and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

There are no jobs posted yet for Swallownest Care Home

Care Home Idol 2013

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Swallownest Care Home