Swallownest Care Home, Swallownest, Sheffield, South Yorkshire

Tel: 0114 254 0608

Located in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, Swallownest Care Home is a purpose built 65 bedded property offering Nursing, Residential, Respite and End of life care.

At Swallownest Care Home Residents have a choice of lounge areas which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings. The home has a range of comfortable and well-equipped bedrooms.

Chefs at Swallownest pride themselves on preparing a choice of fresh nutritional meals and speciality dishes; they also cater for any dietary and cultural needs. At HC-One, experienced Home Managers and members of staff ensure kindness is at the heart of everything they do.

Group: HC-One Ltd

Person in charge: Jan Myers (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 65 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Epilepsy • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Swallownest Care Home: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Swallownest Care Home

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Swallownest Care Home

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.7 for Swallownest Care Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I broke my hip and went to rehab, it was then that I realised that would not be able to manage at home. My family chose Swallownest for me and I am glad they did. The staff here are very nice, they look after me very well. The food is very good here and I enjoy the occasional show.

Submitted by Muriel Davies (Resident) on Friday 5 September 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

All of the staff are friendly and caring. The main rooms have recently been decorated making them a nice environment to be in. Also the garden area. The staff treat each resident as an individual for their care needs. I would recommend this home to a relative or somebody who may have to take resident in a care home.

Submitted by Julia S (Daughter of Resident) on Wednesday 27 August 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I had a massive stroke at home, up until my stroke I was a very well man. I had a certain amount of recovery but not enough to be able to manage at home. My family chose Swallownest for me and I am happy with this home. I have settled in here and now have my wife living here with me too. As long as I have my wife by my side I am more than happy. I get on with other residents and staff very well.

Submitted by Michael Rolph (Resident) on Thursday 14 August 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I am staying at Swallownest on respite with a view to living her permanently. I am really enjoying my stay here and am enjoying the outings and the shows, we have just had a lovely day at Cleethorpes. My husband Michael is living here so we get to spend our days together. I have made some very nice friends here and join in most of the activities here.

Submitted by Iris Rolph (Respite resident) on Thursday 14 August 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I fell at home and I broke my leg and went into hospital. My daughters thought it would be safer for me to live in a nursing home. My daughters looked around a few homes and chose Swallownest for me. Since living here I have settled in and have enjoyed a few of the activities, I have been on a lovely narrow boat trip and attended a show, I haven't been here very long but I have already made friends.

Submitted by Suheila B (Resident) on Monday 11 August 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

The care provided to my nan was unparalleled. Having worked in the profession I can say without a doubt this care was outstanding.

Submitted by Alex Jones (Grandson of resident) on Thursday 10 July 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

In February 2014 it became apparent after all health care and rehab services that dad would need residential care and I would have to find a suitable placement. After looking at several units I was becoming quite despondent as they just weren't suitable, my sister-in-law was speaking to a work colleague who's mum was in care and she recommended Swallownest. I rang them up and was invited to visit anytime and was so pleased with what I saw, I arranged there and then for him to be admitted and not regretted it once.

Submitted by Pam B (Daughter of resident) on Thursday 26 June 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

Since going to Swallownest Care Home my Mother-in-Laws health has significantly improved. She suffered from very swollen ulcerated legs which required constant bathing and dressing by district nurses. She now has legs to rival any 40 year old. (she is nearly 94). The excellent food and amazing staff have turned her life back a good 5 to 6 years. When new staff start they soon know all residents following the example of long standing staff. New manager is excellent.

Submitted by Janice Taylor (Daughter-in-Law of Resident) on Tuesday 17 June 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

Very friendly environment homely feel to the place. Food is good. There is always something going on i.e entertainment, trips etc for the residents. The care provided is excellent. The recent renovation carried out i.e the garden , bedrooms etc is an added bonus.

Submitted by Marie Matadeen (Wife of Resident) on Friday 13 June 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I cannot praise this home highly enough. The love and care the staff showed my aunt in the last few weeks of her life was second to none. Nothing was to much trouble for them and she was full of admiration. They also treat all her family with the utmost kindness and continue to do so. This home is a wonderful place and looks after patients exceptionally well.

Submitted by Sharon Savory (Visitor and Great Niece of Patient) on Friday 13 June 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

The care my aunt received whilst a resident was first class and could not be bettered. She herself was full of praise for the home and staff and everyone connected to her care. They treated my uncle and the rest of the family with such consideration and feeling and support at a very sad time.

Submitted by Sheila Mardlin (Aunt of Resident) on Friday 13 June 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I was residing in another care home that unfortunately flooded, I was brought to Swallownest during the night. I settled in straight away and decided to stay here. I am very happy living at Swallownest, I have my own computer here which I use daily. I have many friends here and enjoy the concerts and join in some of the games. This home is a happy home and I would certainly recommend it to others.

Submitted by Peter Scratton (Resident) on Thursday 12 June 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

Since my mother moved to Swallownest Care Home in June 2011, we have always been delighted with the quality of care she received, the food provided and the activities available to her. However, throughout 2014 these areas have all improved even further, coinciding with the arrival of a new manager in November 2013. The staff really do work as a team and support each other. Their knowledge of the individual residents is amazing and the care shown to them is outstanding. The whole ambiance is improving both inside and outside to provide facilities mirroring many hotels.

Submitted by Mike Taylor (Son of resident) on Thursday 12 June 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

Extremely high standard of care. Very friendly environment. All our family very impressed.

Submitted by Ian Jones (Son of resident) on Wednesday 11 June 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

My wife passed away suddenly and unexpectedly. Me and my wife looked after each other so when she passed away me and my family decided I would be better living at Swallownest. I wouldn't have managed at home. It took me a little while to adapt to the change in my life, but I am now settled. I am as happy as I can be and now I have made some friends I join in some of the activities.

Submitted by John M (Resident) on Wednesday 11 June 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I visit Swallownest and take in the activities, it gets me out of the house as I live on my own and I don't have close family. I have made some good friends at Swallownest. I would happily move in there tomorrow.

Submitted by Leslie G (Day Visitor) on Wednesday 4 June 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

Having recently retired after many years in nursing, I have been visiting this home and joining in with the many activities on offer. I have found it to be a very well run home with caring staff who strive to meet each individuals needs. They always try to go the extra mile and there is always a happy atmosphere every time I visit. I would highly recommend it.

Submitted by Janet Hickman (Visitor) on Thursday 29 May 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I came to Swallownest care home due to ill health and need of regular medication. I am very happy living at Swallownest and enjoy the company. I join in all of the activities and get out on a regular basis. I would recommend this home to others looking for a happy, safe and comfortable home to live in. I feel looked after here and have managed to maintain my independence.

Submitted by Christopher P (Resident) on Wednesday 28 May 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I lived at home with my wife and we had carers coming in 4 times a day. My wife died suddenly and me and my family decided that I would be better with 24 hour care. On arriving at Swallownest I was grieving for my wife so I really didn't care much where I was. Now! 4 weeks later I am feeling a lot more settled. The staff have been great and I have made a very good friend who I spend most of my days with.

Submitted by George Corby (Resident) on Tuesday 27 May 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

My aunt had a fall and broke her hip and went to hospital. Aunty went into respite to recover it was recommended that she went into a care home as it wouldn't be safe for her to return home. We looked round 2 or 3 homes and chose Swallownest. My aunt has settled in very nicely and seems content. I am very happy with her care here at Swallownest.

Submitted by Beryl Bagshaw (Neice of Resident) on Wednesday 21 May 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

My father is well cared for and is comfortable he has dementia and his concentration doesn't last long enough to be interested in activities but the staff are very good, although they could do with more help. Everyone is always cheerful and all staff from the cleaners up acknowledge us.

Submitted by Carol P (Daughter) on Monday 19 May 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I came to Swallownest because of my mobility - I was unable to manage at home. I have settled well and everyone is helpful and kind.

Submitted by Iris Guy (Resident) on Thursday 15 May 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I had quite a bad fall at my nephews house who I was living with at the time. I was brought to Swallownest care home. I have settled in here and feel safe. I enjoy the food here and have been taken out on day trips which I really enjoyed. I am a keep myself to myself sort of person but I enjoy company sometimes. I am happy to live here for the rest of my life, I am 100 years old.

Submitted by Harry Fox (Resident) on Wednesday 14 May 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I came to Swallownest because I could not look after myself. I have made many friends while I have been here. I get to go out quite a lot with my family and friends and I have lots of visitors. I get on really well with all the staff and feel safe here.

Submitted by Bennett Hudson (Resident) on Wednesday 14 May 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I had a fall and I couldn't manage at home, my sister was in this home and I came here. I'm very settled here I know everyone and would definitely recommend this home.

Submitted by Bessie E (Resident) on Monday 12 May 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I was in a rehabilitation home before I came here. After entering Swallownest care home for the first time I was pleasantly surprised. I was instantly made to feel welcome and at home. I have settled in very well and enjoy the company of fellow residents. I have been out a few times and have enjoyed some shows, coffee morning and mostly the monthly church service, I feel cared for here.

Submitted by Dorothy Seager (Resident) on Thursday 1 May 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

My brother had difficulty settling in but the staff especially Dawn spent time helping him and now he joins in the activities provided.

Submitted by Diane C (Sister of Resident) on Thursday 1 May 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I would recommend this care home. I visit every week and I am very happy with the care here.

Submitted by Robert S (Cousin of Resident/Service User) on Thursday 1 May 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I came into this home with my mother (who kept falling) and I came with other health problems about six years ago. Entertainments very good. I would recommend this care home.

Submitted by Sandra White (Resident) on Thursday 1 May 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I had several falls at home and no immediate family to take care of me, my neice lives far away, we chose this home because it was nearest.

Submitted by Mary Atkinson (Resident) on Wednesday 30 April 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I was living alone and unable to look after myself, my daughter suffers ill health and couldn't care for me. I have been here over 21/2 years and I am quite content.

Submitted by Jean Brooks (Resident) on Wednesday 30 April 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

Having visited Swallownest Care home many times over the years I can honestly say i find the staff very caring and helpful. I also like seeing the residents get involved in games such as bingo and tridomino's for small prizes. Swallownest Care home also have a summer and Christmas Fayre with lots of stalls with cakes, toys, books, films, arts and crafts and much more to raise extra money for residents trips out and everyone seems to really enjoy these days. I love the fact that the residents still get to go out to shops, museums or the seaside etc (with staff), I go to a support group most Tuesday's 10 till 1 and the Activity coordinator and a volunteer from the care home bring about 4 or 5 residents every week. Any one can go to this group and currently about 25 people do each week, there we all socialize have tea and biscuits, quizzes and play new games like the best of British board game and last week we had a dvd about what Aston/ Swallownest looked like many years ago. I am only 29 well 30 in two weeks and I really do have fun chatting and playing games with the residents at the support group. All in all in my opinion it's a very good care home

Submitted by Paul (Friend of resident) on Monday 3 March 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I recently visited with a friend that was visiting a relative. It has been a while since I last visited, I was very impressed that staff were friendly very helpful. I noticed there had been improvements in the decoration of the home which made it welcoming and pleasant for the residents that live there. Whilst visiting the homes activity coordinator was holding a residents meeting and we were invited to attend. I would recommend this home to anyone who is needing 24 hour care. My friends mother is very well cared for and happy within the home.

Submitted by Elizabeth Shaw (visitor to resident) on Friday 7 February 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

Me and my son had the job of finding a suitable home for my wife, after looking at a couple of other homes we visited Swallownest. The home instantly stood out from the others we had visited as it was lovely and clean and so very friendly, we were made very welcome. My wife has been here around a month now and we couldn't be happier, the staff and manager here go above and beyond their duty and although I don't live here I spend most of my days here with my wife. we have lunch together nearly every day and have been taken out 3 times already. A trip to the seaside is planned and we cannot wait. My wife has been ill for a while and we haven't been able to go out so coming to Swallownest has made a huge difference to our quality of life and I can't thank everyone enough. I would definitely recommend this home to anyone looking for care and hope you would be as happy we are.

Submitted by Howard Jones (husband of resident) on Thursday 6 February 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

I was caring for my husband Ernest at home with the help of carers 4 times a day. I began to struggle due to my own health problems so it was recommended that Ernest had 24 hour care. My mother-in-law had resided at Swallownest 10 years ago and I had attended the annual fayres held at the home a few times since then. Ernest has settled in very well here and I often come and have lunch with him. Ernest has been on some outings and we have planned to go on one of the trips together soon. All in all I am very happy with Ernest living at Swallownest. It gives me peace of mind to know he is being well looked after. I have already recommended Swallownest to a friend of mine who is looking for a care home and would highly recommend this home to anyone who is looking to choose a home for a loved one.

Submitted by Kath Mottershaw (wife of resident) on Friday 31 January 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

My elderly mum is in Swallownest so I was a regular visitor to the home. After quite a nasty fall at home and due to several health problems it was decided that I should come and live at Swallownest. It took me a while to settle in as it was not an environment I was used to. I am now very settled at Swallownest & enjoy the activities and the outings, I also enjoy the regular concerts and enjoy a dance. I have made some nice friends and now call Swallownest my home.

Submitted by Frank wragg (Resident) on Wednesday 22 January 2014.

Review of Swallownest Care Home

My dad was unable to take care of himself so he needed 24 hour care. I was devastated about Dad coming into care after all the bad publicity you hear about care homes. I felt like the worst daughter ever. After my dad had been here for a week it was like the biggest weight had been lifted and that I had become my dad's daughter again instead of his carer. My time with my dad is now quality time, we sit and chat now instead of me taking care of Dad.

Submitted by Karen Robertson Riley (daughter of resident) on Tuesday 8 January 2013.

Submit a Recommendation for Swallownest Care Home

(please write a short headline summary)

There are no jobs posted yet for Swallownest Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Swallownest Care Home