Swallownest Care Home

Chesterfield Road, Swallownest, Sheffield S26 4TL

Swallownest Care Home, Sheffield, South Yorkshire

Located in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, Swallownest Care Home is a purpose built 65 bedded property offering Nursing, Residential, Respite and End of life care.

At Swallownest Care Home Residents have a choice of lounge areas which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings. The home has a range of comfortable and well-equipped bedrooms.

Chefs at Swallownest pride themselves on preparing a choice of fresh nutritional meals and speciality dishes; they also cater for any dietary and cultural needs. At HC-One, experienced Home Managers and members of staff ensure kindness is at the heart of everything they do.

Person in charge: Jan Myers (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 65 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Epilepsy • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Swallownest Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.8 (maximum of 10) for Swallownest Care Home is based on 74 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.764 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.764 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 5 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 9.764 for Swallownest Care Home is based on 74 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.764 for Swallownest Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (666 Excellents x 5) + (206 Goods x 4) ) ÷ 872 Ratings = 4.764

The Quantity Score of 5 for Swallownest Care Home is calculated as follows:

3. (74 Positive Reviews ÷ 65 Registered Beds) x 2 = 2.277 (maximum score = 1)

• We receive approximately 15% of Reviews/Recommendations through website submission and 85% of Reviews/Recommendations through Review/Recommendation Cards (only available to Enhanced / Premium Services more info).

I am a local widow who met the residents of Swallownest Care Home at our local day centre. I realise my neighbour has moved into Swallownest Care Home after seeing her with the staff of the home at the local day centre.
I now visit my friend most weeks and she has never looked so well and is getting out and about regularly.

How likely would you be to recommend Swallownest Care Home? Extremely Likely

Our Mom was told along with all our family that she was going to have go go into a nursing home. We found this really hard to deal with as for a couple of years with help from private carers and our dad had managed to care for Mom at home, but this was taken out of our hands. We went on Swallownest site and liked what we saw, so went and visited. We were made very welcome by the Manager and staff. We talked to some of the carers who really made us feel at ease. Our Mom cant walk at all really and has Alzheimer's. All the staff really help our Mom and her care needs are second to none. It is a very special, caring home with lovely carers who made our Mom feel cared for. Also good entertainment and involve everyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Swallownest Care Home? Extremely Likely

I was struggling to manage at home I was trying to look after myself but it was getting so hard because I was getting very forgetful it was decided I would be better living in a care home. I have settled in here now and I call Swallownest Care Home my home. I love the concerts we have I go to all of them. I enjoy the company but I also like time to myself. I feel I get both here as I often go to my room when I fancy time on my own.

How likely would you be to recommend Swallownest Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother entered the home in early March and from the very first day was made to feel very much at home. The staff have been very supportive to both my mother and also to all her visitors. They create a very relaxed and welcoming atmosphere. Rooms are very comfortable and food is plentiful and varied. Staff will do whatever they can to meet the needs of the residents. There is a varied programme of activities that visitors are also encouraged to attend. Residents and relations are encouraged to share thoughts at a residents meeting.

How likely would you be to recommend Swallownest Care Home? Extremely Likely

I was having carers came into my home to look after me. I took ill and was taken into hospital. My family didn't want me to go home as they were worried about me. We discussed my options and my two sons thought it would be safer for me to live in care home. My sons looked around Swallownest care home and told me it was lovely and they would like me to live there. We talked about it and I agreed. I have settled in now and I get plenty of visitors. I have made a good friend I am visiting the local coffee morning regular.

How likely would you be to recommend Swallownest Care Home? Extremely Likely

I was trying to manage at home but was finding it very difficult. My family suggested a respite break would do me good. While I was in respite I dreaded I didn't want to go home, as I enjoyed the company and being looked after. I have lived in Swallownest for approximately 60 years so I told my family I would like to live in Swallownest Care Home. I have only been here a short while but I am loving every minute of it. I am enjoying the company and Have made a couple of nice friends. It's been lovely up to now and I feel more than happy to live the rest of my life here.

How likely would you be to recommend Swallownest Care Home? Extremely Likely

My good friend and neighbour was in and out of hospital. I used to pop in and see him most days and could see he was struggling to manage at home. My wife was cared for in Swallownest care home and the care she received was excellent I recommended Swallownest to my friend. He has now lived in Swallownest for about 18 months and is settled. I visit 3 or 4 times a week and often have lunch here. This home is brilliant and I cold not find a bad word to say about this home. My friend is in the best place possible.

How likely would you be to recommend Swallownest Care Home? Extremely Likely

My wife suffering with ill health and ended up in hospital, due to me suffering ill health myself. I was advised that my wife would need 24 hour nursing care. Swallownest Care Home was recommended to us so we came to look around. I was quite pleased with what I saw, we went home and discussed our options and we decided it was where we would like my wife to live. She has been here now for 2 weeks and I am very pleased with everything.

How likely would you be to recommend Swallownest Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mum recently went into hospital due to bad health and with her poor mobility was advised by a hospital consultant that mom needed 24 hour nursing care. After look around we found Swallownest Nursing Home was the right one for mom.
The staff are excellent, caring and considerate and mom has settled in really well, which really helped us as a family as it was one of the hardest decisions we have ever had to make.
So thank you Swallownest for all of your help and making mum part of your family.

How likely would you be to recommend Swallownest Care Home? Extremely Likely

I have lived in Swallownest Care Home for quite a while, I was living alone and couldn't look after myself, my daughter has bad health herself so she couldn't look after me. I am happy living here and join in all of the activities. The staff support me in my every day living, I like to try and do things for myself but if I can't manage I ask for help. I get out and about to local groups and I am looking forward to the summer so we can get out and about more or sit outside and read my book.

How likely would you be to recommend Swallownest Care Home? Extremely Likely

I had a few falls and ended up in hospital. I went into a care home but it wasn't near my daughters home, so my daughter looked around Swallownest. My daughter told me it was very nice so we decided I would move to Swallownest. I have settled in here and have made some friends. My family visit most days and I get to go out.

How likely would you be to recommend Swallownest Care Home? Extremely Likely

I care for my friend at home, after several falls my friend ended up in hospital. He then went to Swallownest Care Home for respite to recover. My friend then decided he would like to live at Swallownest. He has lived at Swallownest for approx 10 months now and is very settled, my friend has become a lot more sociable, and joins in with the homes activities. He has made friends with other residents and seems happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Swallownest Care Home? Extremely Likely

Mum has always been fiercely independent. Unfortunately she had a fall in July 2015 and broke her femur. She was subsequently in hospital for five months and had many complications, she was, as a result unable to stand or weight bear, pressure sore and continence problems. Due to this she was unable to return home and I had the thankless task of finding her a care home. I trailed around endless homes, but when I came into Swallownest Care Home o knew immediately that it was where I wanted mum to be. Every where was clean, happy and homely. The staff were happy and friendly and the residents all looked comfortable and spoke when you walked through the lounge area. Not forgetting the gentleman, who does his best to address all mums requests!.

How likely would you be to recommend Swallownest Care Home? Extremely Likely

My wife was in another nursing home. I wasn't happy with her care. I decided to look for another home for her. I looked around Swallownest and as soon as I walked in I thought it was ideal. My wife has lived here about five months, she is more alert and brighter and I am very very happy with her care and I feel I couldn't have picked a better place.

How likely would you be to recommend Swallownest Care Home? Extremely Likely

I had a stroke while driving, luckily I managed to pull up. I was taken to hospital. After my recovery I was sent for re-hab. At the end of my stay there I realised I would not be able to manage at home. My sisters looked around several homes, my sister chose Swallownest. They gave me feed back and told me it was the best home they had looked around and the location was central. I have lived at Swallownest for a month now. I feel settled and comfortable and get on with everyone. I now have a power chair which gives me some independence. I join in our homes activities and have visited the local day centre and coffee mornings.

How likely would you be to recommend Swallownest Care Home? Extremely Likely

Mum had several falls at home. After one of her falls mum broke her ankle, mum was then put into a care home, it was during her stay there that was decided it was for the best for her to go into permanent care. Swallownest is in my local village so after looking around it was decided mum would come and live at Swallownest care home. Mum has lived at Swallownest now for approximately nine months, she is settled, happy and has made friends, she gets out and enjoys the entertainment they have on a the home.

How likely would you be to recommend Swallownest Care Home? Extremely Likely

Why aren't they all like this one! He has been treated with kindness, care and respect, I find this really amazing. This place is clean and staff are pleasant and helpful in the current climate of budget cuts etc.. I and my partner are so grateful living away knowing he is really cared for, makes us sleep properly does my heart good and for my father in law, care he really needs. Wow fantastic.

How likely would you be to recommend Swallownest Care Home? Extremely Likely

I have come to Swallownest Care Home as I needed 24 hour care. I feel happy and content living here and feel very safe. The staff are lovely and friendly. I am more than happy with the care here and hope I can stay here forever.

How likely would you be to recommend Swallownest Care Home? Extremely Likely

I was taken to hospital, I was very ill. I went from hospital to a respite home but I did not like it. Me and my daughter decided I would be better in a permanent nursing home. My daughter came to look around Swallownest and told me it was very nice. I am now living at Swallownest and really like it here. I get on with all of the staff, they often sit and chat with me and we have a bit of a laugh. We sometimes have little sing songs in my room, oh it does lift my spirits!

How likely would you be to recommend Swallownest Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother received end of life care in Swallownest nursing home for 10 days. All aspects of her stay there was excellent, I cant fault one thing. She was treated with respect and dignity at all times. The staff were fantastic from the cleaners, laundry, carers, nurses and management not forgetting the kitchen staff who provided excellent meals. Every member of staff always had a smile for us. When my mum passed away nothing was too much trouble for the family, the support given to us was marvellous. Swallownest was the next best thing to mum being nursed at home.

How likely would you be to recommend Swallownest Care Home? Extremely Likely

I am staying at Swallownest care home while my house has alterations. I have stayed here before while my family went on holiday so was quite happy to come back for respite. I am due to go home today but have enjoyed my stay here. I have been out with the other residents while I have been here and have enjoyed the company of a lady I have met here. The staff are all very helpful and friendly and I would not hesitate to come back here should I need to.

How likely would you be to recommend Swallownest Care Home? Extremely Likely

The care home provided good end of life care for my parents. One died as a resident and the other was treated with care , respect and dignity in their remaining months of life, being supported through a difficult time with health and loss of a partner. The home was also supportive to family who found the care of ailing parents hard. The staff were really good and helpful and I felt confident leaving my parents with them.

How likely would you be to recommend Swallownest Care Home? Extremely Likely

I moved here from another care home as this one is nearer my family. My daughter chose this home for me, we arrived here early evening and wasn't sure what to think, the next day after looking round and chatting to other residents I was quite impressed. I have settled in now and enjoying my family visiting most days. I have been to the local day centre which I really enjoyed and have been playing board games with other residents. Friday we have a show which I am looking forward to.

How likely would you be to recommend Swallownest Care Home? Extremely Likely

I came to Swallownest for respite while my daughter went on holiday, when my daughter came home I went back home. I didn't like it at home, I had got used to the company. I am now back in Swallownest for 6 weeks respite with a view to permanent. I am really hoping I can stay here, I love it here. I have made a lovely friend who I spend my days with and I enjoy every day. The only thing that I'm not happy with is the thought of leaving here.

How likely would you be to recommend Swallownest Care Home? Extremely Likely

I had 2 strokes and a heart attack, after leaving hospital I went to live with my daughter. My daughters health has recently deteriorated so she was struggling to care for me. I came to Swallownest to give my daughter a break for respite. When it was time to go home I told my daughter and the social worker that I didn't want to go home. I am very happy living here at Swallownest and am hoping to spend the rest of my life here. I feel safe here and content and have a better quality of life.

How likely would you be to recommend Swallownest Care Home? Extremely Likely

I had a fall at home which I cant remember much about. After a short stay in hospital it was decided 24 hour care would be better for me until I recovered and got my strength back. I wanted to stay at Swallownest care home because it is in my village not far from where I live. I am not used to company as I spend a lot of time on my own but I have to say it has been very nice having company around me. If I ever need respite care again I would not hesitate to come and stay here again.

I had a stroke at home. Me and my daughters decided it would be safer for me to go into a care home. Mu daughter looked around Swallownest Care Home and came back to show me the brochure and tell me that she thought it was very nice. I am now settled in the home and am enjoying my stay here. Every one is very nice to me and I enjoy the company.

How likely would you be to recommend Swallownest Care Home? Extremely Likely

I cant remember much about what happened but I was told I had a fall, I woke up in hospital. I have been in hospital a few months (6 approximately). My 2 nieces chose Swallownest for me to stay for a while to recover and gain my strength. It took me a while to settle in as I was not used to the environment, I am gradually settling in and feeling a lot better. I have no complaints and I am happy to spend my days here to recover.

How likely would you be to recommend Swallownest Care Home? Extremely Likely

After suffering two strokes and a heart attack, I needed to look for 24 hour care - I have been living with my daughter who unfortunately fell ill and had to visit hospital fro treatment most days. We found Swallownest through discussions with GPs and Social Services. I am here for respite at the moment. I have no concerns - meals are varied - I feel really safe and I would recommend this home to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Swallownest Care Home? Extremely Likely

We have been very pleased with the care our dearest friend has received. He always looks clean and well cared for. All the staff are lovely to him.

Dad came into Swallownest after my mom found it too much for her to handle, nursing care was needed 24 hours which he wouldn't get at home. We visited on the Friday as he moved in the week later. All staff are fantastic, food and rooms are very good and comfy, carers and management brilliant, also Dawn who does activities is very friendly and does a very good job. The overall is the best home and we are so glad as a family that he lives here and is comfy and settled.

How likely would you be to recommend Swallownest Care Home? Extremely Likely

First impression - was very good - no "nasty smell" as others we have visited had. Rooms are clean, bright, well decorated and comfortable.
All staff we have met know the residents and their likes/dislikes and do their best to accommodate these. Menus are varied and dining room is cheery and bright.
Mum encouraged to get involved with activities and outings without being pressurized to do so and this has really helped her settle in. Not an easy thing to find a care home for a relative, but this is on e I can thoroughly recommend.

How likely would you be to recommend Swallownest Care Home? Extremely Likely

I had a fall at home during a stroke. I realised when I came home from hospital that it really wasn't safe for me to live at home on my own.

I think Swallownest Care home is marvellous. I am looked after very well and I am perfectly happy to live the rest of my life here.

How likely would you be to recommend Swallownest Care Home? Extremely Likely

Very welcoming staff. Good atmosphere.
Witnessed lots of cleaning and professional interaction between staff and residents. Have only those I have witnessed personally.

My dad didn't want to go home after an organised stay. Giving him and the family a great deal of happiness to know he's well looked after and happy.

My Dad loves this place, staff are lovely and helpful. The food is great, it's such a nice place to be in, they do day trips out which are so nice. Today is a lovely sunny day, sat outside with Dad it's very nice. I would recommend this home very much.

Swallownest care home is fantastic - like a home from home. The staff are so caring and go the extra mile. They make sure residents are all well fed and watered - even the visitors are offered a drink and meal . The activities are great - my dad has never has such a busy social life.

I had a very bad stroke at home. I went to a rehabilitation unit. they helped me improve my mobility slightly. My husband looked around Swallownest and he chose this home for me. It is not too far away from my home so it is better for my husband and relatives to visit. Everyone is kind and friendly and I have settled in nicely. the staff have become my friends.

I had a very bad fall and was in hospital. Me and my family had a good talk and decided that it would be better for me to live in a care home. This home is tops! You could not get better treatment anywhere. I am very happy to live the rest of my life here, everyone is so kind.

Since my father has been in the home, his care has been excellent. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff. The food is very good and my father has a special diet which is adhered to rigidly which is great!

I would have no hesitation in recommending Swallownest Nursing Home to anyone considering a care home. I think it is excellent. The staff are very committed to giving a high standard of care.

I am staying at Swallownest care home to recover after a bad fall U had at home. I live in the next village so Swallownest was my first choice. It has taken me a little time to settle in but now I am quite settled and comfortable. I am enjoying joining in some of the home activities.

Sadly had to move our father into a care home after our mum couldn't cope. However after this distressing time we had no reason to stress or worry as our father has never looked so well. He has deteriorated in mind, but in health and happiness he has improves enormously . He's never looked so well. My mother's life has improved too in health and happiness. We visit him every day/night where we are always welcomed as one big happy family.

My mother came to Swallownest following a period in hospital after breaking her hip. It was not possible for her to return home to live alone so we looked for a local care home. Swallownest is the closest to her house so she is still with the same GP practice, church, and friends are not far away. The staff here are all very friendly and helpful and know all the residents. Activities are organised and everyone is included. Family visits are always welcome and staff keep us informed.

I attend a local day centre and I met the residents of Swallownest care home. They invited me to a Valentine show and one of my neighbours is a resident there. I had a lovely catch up with him and am visiting him on a regular basis. The home is lovely and I was made to feel very welcome.

Mrs Lawton resident in Swallownest care home from December 2014 to date can't speak too highly of care received from all levels of staff. Excellent caring staff, professional, understanding and treat all with great dignity. Events organiser Dawn Spafford is amazing, ask for a copy of the December events guide which she organised for the residents you will be more than impressed.

My sister Elaine came into Swallownest for respite in 2013. After a decline in Elaine's health and due to my own health problems, it was decided the Elaine's needed 24 hour care. I feel Elaine is safe and looked after. I visit the home often and spend time with Elaine.

George's wife died suddenly so George needed emergency respite. I looked around Swallownest and liked the home immediately. George has lived at Swallownest for 10 months now. We are extremely happy with everything, the home is lovely and clean. George enjoys the food, he also goes to a local day centre every Tuesday, I would definitely recommend this home to others.

Swallownest care home was chosen my family. After looking around Swallownest we decided we could like aunty to live here. Aunty has settled in nicely and has made some nice friends.

Aunty needed 24 hour care. Family came to look around and were very happy with what they saw. I visit Aunty weekly and have seen a great difference for the better. Aunty is looked after well here and is settling in nicely.

At the moment my home needs adapting to reach my needs. I came to look around Swallownest care home and liked it straight away. I am quite happy staying here and feel safe and I looked after. I knew a couple of residents who lived near me so it has been nice for me to catch up with them.

Mum had a fall at home, Swallownest care home was recommended to us by a relative, so when we where told mum needed respite care we chose Swallownest. Due to mum's deterioration in health it was recommended that mum stayed at Swallownest. After a lot of soul searching by family, I am pleased to say every decision we made was the right one.

Cannot find fault at all with this home. Staff fantastic, even cleaning staff are caring and compassionate. The care shown to my dad whilst in this home was superb, nothing was too much trouble. Very friendly and approachable staff who bent over backwards to help our family in such sad circumstances. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone who is looking for a care home. Clean, pleasant, homely environment for all.

Mum had a fall and ended up in hospital. After being discharged Mum went to a rehabilitation home, Mum's home was assessed at this time and it was recommended that she needed 24 hour care. Swallownest was in Mum's home village so we went to look round after looking around 2 more homes. I am happy knowing mum is looked after 24 hours a day and she has fitted in and made friends.

I would recommend the care home because of the caring attitude and friendliness of the staff.

I have been friends with Ken for over 20 years. After a slight stroke I supported Ken as much as I could. After Ken had a bad fall he ended up in hospital. At this time it was up to Ken to decide whether to live in a care home. A good friend recommended Swallownest to Ken so I came and had a look around to tell Ken what I thought. I told Ken it was very nice, I have seen a tremendous improvement in Ken since living at Swallonest.

Mum lived with me for 3 years after a stroke. Mum was in hospital for 3 and a half months. I was told that Mum would not manage at home and needed 24hour care. Mum's friend was in Swallownest and I had visited her so when I chose a home I came to look around Swallownest and chose this home. Mum has lived at Swallownest for 2 years and has settled in very well. I would definitely recommend this home to others and have done.

I live in America (come over to see mum often) mum was having frequent falls, mum has parkinsons so everyday life was becoming impossible for her at home. We had heard good things about Swallownest care home. We arranged for mum to move into Swallownest. I am extremely happy with everything in this home I am made to feel very welcome when I visit mum and often stay and have lunch with mum.

Margaret was in hospital, while she was in hospital it was recommended that she needed 24 hour care and the decision was taken out of my hands. Swallownest care home is in the village where I live so I was very pleased after looking around that mum was able to come and live there. Mum is now living in Swallownest and she could not be looked after any better.

In 2013 my father-in-law became seriously ill and after an operation and three months in hospital, Swallownest agreed to take over his care. From then until today his quality of life, health and well being have improved beyond recognition. We can't thank the whole staff enough for what they do. Jan and the staff are exceptional.

I was looking after my husband at home with the help of carers. My own health was deteriorating so it was recommended that Ernest came into care. My husbands mum was in Swallownest and we were very happy with her care then, so Swallonest was our first choice. Ernest has lived at Swallownest for 18 months now. Me and my family are very happy with his care and Ernest hasn't looked this well in years.

My partner had a very bad stroke, after being discharged from hospital Margaret had to go straight to a care home, Swallownest is near to my home so after looking around and liking it we decided Margaret would come and live here. Margaret has been living at here for four years and settled in nicely. On the whole we are happy with everything. I spend almost every evening here with Maggie watching T.V. and chatting.

My mum was ringing me up at all hours and she wasn't eating properly, I was concerned about mums health, hygiene as she wasn't managing. Due to ill health that I suffer I could not manage mum and it was starting to take it's toll on me. This home was recommended to us and mum has settled in lovely. My time with my mum now is quality time and we enjoy each others company, shopping and take mum home.

Mum had been in hospital quite a while, we were told mum could not return home due to health reasons and my dad would not be able to manager to care for her. Mum was desperate to get out of hospital. Swallownest is our local village so we looked round Swallownest and we decided we would like mum to live there. Mum has lived at Swallownest now 18 months and we are very happy with her care. All mums needs are met here and we visit often.

My nieces were worried about me living alone and thought it would safer for me to live in a care home. They looked around Swallownest Care Home and told me it was lovely. I have now moved in to Swallownest Care Home and have settled in very well. I go out quite often and have enjoyed the shows, I've even had a dance a couple of times. I have also made some very nice friends.

My father was transferred from Rotherham general hospital on 24th December with bile duct cancer and he passed away on the afternoon of 30th December although his stay was short, the care and attention he and the family received was second to none. We would not hesitate to recommend this care home to anyone.

I had two very bad falls at home and was taken to hospital. While I was in hospital it was decided I needed 24 hour care while I got stronger and back on my feet. I am living at Swallownest Care Home and have improved 100% and I am very reluctant to go home. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff here they go above and beyond their duties. I feel very safe and cared for living here.

I realised I could not manage at home any longer. I was in and out of hospital due to ill health. It was while I was in hospital that I made the decision to move into a nursing home. Swallownest Care Home was recommended to me by a very good friend. After living here now for three months I am very happy and settled. I visit a local day centre weekly and join in lots of activities. I get lots of visitors and am very happy with the care I receive.

I came here from sheltered accommodation because they could not meet my needs it was a huge change for me after living independently and it took me about a month to settle here. After living here for a few months there is nowhere I would rather be. Contentment is the word I would tell anyone to come and live here and hope they would be as happy as I am.

I broke my hip and went to rehab, it was then that I realised that would not be able to manage at home. My family chose Swallownest for me and I am glad they did. The staff here are very nice, they look after me very well. The food is very good here and I enjoy the occasional show.

All of the staff are friendly and caring. The main rooms have recently been decorated making them a nice environment to be in. Also the garden area. The staff treat each resident as an individual for their care needs. I would recommend this home to a relative or somebody who may have to take resident in a care home.

I had a massive stroke at home, up until my stroke I was a very well man. I had a certain amount of recovery but not enough to be able to manage at home. My family chose Swallownest for me and I am happy with this home. I have settled in here and now have my wife living here with me too. As long as I have my wife by my side I am more than happy. I get on with other residents and staff very well.

I am staying at Swallownest on respite with a view to living her permanently. I am really enjoying my stay here and am enjoying the outings and the shows, we have just had a lovely day at Cleethorpes. My husband Michael is living here so we get to spend our days together. I have made some very nice friends here and join in most of the activities here.

I fell at home and I broke my leg and went into hospital. My daughters thought it would be safer for me to live in a nursing home. My daughters looked around a few homes and chose Swallownest for me. Since living here I have settled in and have enjoyed a few of the activities, I have been on a lovely narrow boat trip and attended a show, I haven't been here very long but I have already made friends.

Submit a Review for Swallownest Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Swallownest Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Swallownest Care Home