Moorend Place Nursing Home

34 Commonside, Walkley, Sheffield S10 1GE

Moorend Place Nursing Home, Sheffield, South Yorkshire

Moorend Place Nursing Home, in the Walkley area of Sheffield, is a fifty-two en-suite bedroom facility that specialises in dementia care.

Those who have experienced a high standard of care at Moorend Place have had the opportunity to pursue an independent lifestyle, the benefit of one-to-one sessions and a varied programme of activities.

The service involves loved ones of residents as much as possible, striving for pleasing care solutions and offering respite care where possible.

Group: Roseberry Care Centres UK Ltd

Person in charge: Jillian Kilgallen (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Sheffield City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 58 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Younger Adults

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Moorend Place Nursing Home: click here

The Review Score of 8.8 (maximum of 10) for Moorend Place Nursing Home is based on 11 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 8.820 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.441 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 4.379 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 8.820 for Moorend Place Nursing Home is based on 11 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.441 for Moorend Place Nursing Home is calculated as follows: ( (46 Excellents x 5) + (55 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 102 Ratings = 4.441

The Quantity Score of 4.379 for Moorend Place Nursing Home is calculated as follows:

Although dad only stayed at Moorend Place three weeks he was very happy there, he loved music and they had a special music room decorated with records and posters of Elvis and The Beatles on the wall. He was very relaxed and comfortable sat in there. They also have a lovely café we could take dad and outside there's pretend shops, bus stop etc in the garden. Everyone made us feel very welcome.

How likely would you be to recommend Moorend Place Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Myself and all of the family cannot thank the staff at Moorend enough. They are friendly, professional and provide excellent care for my wife. My wife is in a much better place than in previous months, is well cared for and not that she will get better, but we know she is in the right place for her. Thank You.

I like it here and I feel well cared for.

I feel well cared for and I think the staff are kind and helpful.

My family and friends are always made to feel welcome. I'd stayed at a couple of other places but they didn't have the facilities to care for me properly.

I like the carers here they take good care of me. I like going to the activities with John. I really like the quizzes and the coffee afternoon it gives us chance to talk to each other. The staff don't bother me if I want to be left alone, but they come straight away if I press the buzzer.

I like it here because people are friendly, I like the ladies that work here. I like the man who reads to me and does my nails.

I came from Tapton Court when the nursing unit closed. I think I've settled in well. I love the food but they give us too much. I like the activities man he talks to me everyday. I always ask him if he's come on his bike (bit of a joke).

I like it here because it is comfortable and I feel safe here. If I want to join in with things I can if I want to sleep I can.

I came to stay here because my husband Alan was already here. I liked it so much I decided to stay here as well. They let us keep in touch with my daughters when I need to, visitors are always made to feel welcome and at home. I love to go with John on Tuesday and have my hair done. John does my nails for me. I never had them done before I came here.

Care was attentive and sympathetic, only what is with the paying mechanism and absence of paperwork? I was only too happy that you were there when needed, and the attention given to my mother as it was obviously her last days, [6 weeks and a day to be exact,] was gladly received great on the ground level hands on area, absent on the business area and unresponsive due to roseberry's sunderland finance office sorry but.

Submit a Review for Moorend Place Nursing Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Moorend Place Nursing Home

RGN

13.00 (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)
Sheffield, South Yorkshire

Clinical Lead

13.00-14.00 (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)
Sheffield, South Yorkshire

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Moorend Place Nursing Home