White Rose House, Holmfirth, West Yorkshire

White Rose House Care Centre offers super accommodation, around the clock care and home cooking. They are located in the lovely grounds of Holme Valley Memorial Hospital and have private landscaped gardens and patio areas.

White Rose House offers friendly, welcoming and homely care in a really lovely environment. White Rose House has nurses on duty 24 hours/day for nursing clients and also provides residential care. They have an active group of residents and a dedicated activities coordinator.

Accommodation is offered in single rooms, all of which have en-suite facilities. All rooms have TV, telephone and nurse call systems. Communal areas include several lounge and dining areas (with stunning views), a reception area and quiet rooms. Access to the upper floor is by passenger lift and there is also a hairdressing salon for residents use.

A varied menu is offered and special diets can be catered for.

A selection of recreational and social activities are available.

Visitors are always welcome.

Please visit the website for more information.

Group: Meridian Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Anne Cowgill (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Kirklees Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 64 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Hearing Impairment • Speech Impairment • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on White Rose House: click here

posted 21 Jul 2015

We have a residential bed and a nursing bed vacancy available at the moment. White Rose House offers superb large, single accommodation, all rooms with ensuite facilities including some rooms with walk in showers. White Rose House is sought after in the Holme valley for its award winning care. A leader in the area, White Rose has achieved Beacon Status for its care and also boasts Investors in People Gold.

The user 'Review Score' (9.3 for White Rose House) is based on 11 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

White Rose House

Came for respite - had to stay as finding it difficult to adjust. Would prefer to be at home - but is happy for White Rose House to look after me.

White Rose House

White Rose is near to home to visit, can't see anything I would want to change - but I have everything you need.

White Rose House

My mother suffering from Alzheimers disease was cared for at White Rose Nursing Home for a little short of 3 years. The friendliness and care from the staff was a great comfort at a time of life where mum would not have wished to be in care, but much appreciated the care, help and kindness received. For myself and family we were always made welcome and appreciated the support we also received at this difficult time.

How likely would you be to recommend White Rose House? Extremely likely

White Rose House

It is a lovely place - I came for respite for 2 weeks - loved it and I decided to stay. Would like a room with a view - but the bedroom is a good quality.

White Rose House

Kath is my favourite - calls me little granny, looks after me very well. Ring my bell, they always come when I need them. The staff organised me a banana, not much but will go the extra mile. Treat the visitors well - my grandson handed out the biscuits.

White Rose House

I feel that White Rose house is a home from home. This home will take a bit at of beating by anyone's imagination. I am very happy here.

White Rose House

I am very pleased with how they are caring for my mother, as they cared for my mother-in-law for eighteen months before she passed away, that is why my own mother went into the home when the time arrived.

White Rose House

I would recommend Meridian Healthcare Ltd. Re White Rose Care Centre. I find them extremely well organised. Staff very helpful.

White Rose House

Wonderful, can't fault. Lovely team, manager Christine is so caring for me and my wife, who needed a rest.

White Rose House

I think the home is very good, I am extremely happy here. The staff are lovely and friendly and it feels like I am friends with them all. I feel like I am with friends.

White Rose House

I am very happy with everything, the carers are very attentive to everything that I need. I couldn't wish for anything better. I have made wonderful friends and met someone here that I have known for many years. Would highly recommend this care home

Submit a Review for White Rose House

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for White Rose House

There are no jobs posted yet for White Rose House

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at White Rose House