Colton Lodges Nursing Home, Leeds, West Yorkshire

Colton Lodges is available to clients in need of respite and short breaks, while also being registered for long-term residential and nursing care. Professionals are experienced in dementia care challenges and also offer convalescence and palliative expertise.

This home has been upgraded to be environmentally-friendly, with solar panels and LED lights. Interiors are specially designed to support care and daily living of adults with dementia, while there is also a cafe and pub on-site.

Residents enjoy home-cooked meals, with their preferences incorporated into the chef’s menus. Homemade cakes are served with afternoon tea, with coffee and cold beverages always available.

A painting and reading club have been formed by residents, who enjoy many seasonal activities and outings as part of the home’s support for good mental and physical stimulation on a daily basis.

Person in charge: Dianne Hashmi (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Leeds City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 138 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Polish, Tagalog

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Colton Lodges Nursing Home: click here

The user 'Review Score' (8.9 for Colton Lodges Nursing Home) is based on 20 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

Colton Lodges Nursing Home

I have enjoyed my stay with the home apart from not having many people to converse with. All meals have been good. All staff very friendly, room good but would have liked it to be on site. Toilets too low. Would like to put a thank you card in for some staff.

Colton Lodges Nursing Home, Bupa Care Homes at Colton Lodges Nursing Home responded to this review on 06 Aug 2015:

Thank you for your review. Your comments are extremely important to us and our residents’ health and wellbeing is our absolute priority. We will discuss your feedback with the home’s manager to help them continually improve their service.

Colton Lodges Nursing Home

The nursing and care staff at Colton Lodge are excellent and have made my mum's transfer from her home into care an easier process than we thought possible. Would certainly recommend Colton Lodge.

Colton Lodges Nursing Home

The home is clean and tidy. Rooms are well furnished and nicely decorated. All the staff are friendly. The food is very good.

Colton Lodges Nursing Home

Overall care for mum is good.

Colton Lodges Nursing Home

Good attentive care, clean rooms and plenty of good food.

Colton Lodges Nursing Home

I am very happy with this care home and would recommend it to anyone.

Colton Lodges Nursing Home

The staff include all the family, even ring me if I am ill.

Colton Lodges Nursing Home

I’ve seen a big improvement in my mums demeanour and temperament since her arrival at Colton Lodge.

Colton Lodges Nursing Home

I feel that in Newsam House my husband is very well cared for, kept clean and fed well. I have no fears when I have to leave, I know the staff are very capable of taking care of him. I would definitely recommend here for dementia patients.

Colton Lodges Nursing Home

I am more than pleased with the way Newsam House is managed. The staff and carers are excellent, my sister is well fed, cared for and well looked after, also treated with dignity, and given support when needed.

Colton Lodges Nursing Home

He had been in before for one week and we were very satisfied. It was also close to where we live.

Colton Lodges Nursing Home

All the staff work well together and support relations and other visitors. I was phoned by the unit manager when i was ill, it was a comfort to know that in her very busy day she thought of me.

Colton Lodges Nursing Home

Having made out a spreadsheet of inspecting a few nursing homes in my area. Colton Lodges came out on top. Why? Firstly location. As I visit almost everyday the journey time is very short whether by bus or car. Secondly the staff. After watching them over the last three months, they pitch in together as a team. I know now my mother-in-law is in the right place, and that is a great comfort to me.

good

Colton Lodges Nursing Home

All the staff and all the facilities offered at Colton Lodges were brilliant! All the care needs were met for our mum, who was a resident here after having a severe stroke!! The staff were attentive.caring towards or mum and towards us as well! They had time to talk to us even when they were busy with daily work. We would recommend this home for any families who may need care for their beloved ones. Thank you to all at Colton Lodges.

Colton Lodges Nursing Home

The home is so friendly and the staff are lovely. The rooms are great and have everything needed. Meals are served in a beautiful dining area and comfortable armchairs are available for relaxing and chatting with friends.

Colton Lodges Nursing Home

My father was a resident of Newsome Wing for only two months and, sadly, died on 28th December. Together with my brother and two daughters I spent most of the two days prior to his death in his room with him. We were overwhelmed by the professionalism and compassion shown by ALL of the staff we came into contact with during this time and on the following day. They really helped the family to cope with the situation. Our thanks to all of them.

Colton Lodges Nursing Home

I am happy with the care provided by all the staff to date.

Colton Lodges Nursing Home

I have been delighted with the care my mother has received since going into Colton Lodges. As she herself would say, all the staff are lovely and nothing is too much trouble for them. I am so pleased and relieved to know my mum us so well looked after and never have a minute's worry about her. I highly recommend Colton Lodges to anybody. It really is an excellent care home.

Colton Lodges Nursing Home

From what we have seen of Colton Lodge we are very impressed, especially with the staff. Mum is being very well cared for, thank you :-)

Submit a Review for Colton Lodges Nursing Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Colton Lodges Nursing Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Colton Lodges Nursing Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Colton Lodges Nursing Home