Gledhow Christian Care Home, Leeds, West Yorkshire

Gledhow Christian Care Home has recently been purpose-built to offer professional residential and nursing care to up to fifty residents, in pleasing and homely surroundings.

Together with personalised care packages, residents have their independence respected and the opportunity to pursue personal interests through a varied activities programme.

Mealtimes are treated seriously by the service, with relatives often welcome to join in and choose from the food menu, and a popular donkey also regularly visits the home.

Group: MHA (Methodist Homes)

Person in charge: Sarah Ibrahim (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Leeds City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 51 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Gledhow Christian Care Home: click here

The user 'Review Score' (8.7 for Gledhow Christian Care Home) is based on 9 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

Gledhow Christian Care Home

The home is always clean and tidy and seems to be well run. Staff are friendly, helpful and caring towards the residents. Since taking ownership from Southern Cross, there has been a substantial refurbishment and all areas of the building are now of a high standard. I feel my mother is receiving the best care possible and I have no hesitation in recommending the care home.

Sarah Ibrahim, Home Manager at Gledhow Christian Care Home responded to this review on 24 Aug 2015:

Thank you Richard for the lovely feedback you have given the home. I am really pleased you find the home clean and tidy and I do believe the recent refurbishment as made the home a pleasure to be in. We appreciate that you feel staff are friendly and caring and that gives you the reassurance that your mum is well cared for. We enjoy your daily visits and we appreciate your support within the home.

Gledhow Christian Care Home

The staff are very friendly and welcoming and my father seems well cared for. Generally clean linen and hygiene are good. Food and nutrition are good. Activities are disappointing and a little unimaginative, more involvement with local community would be good and days out seem to be non existent but I accept there may be several limitations on what is possible. Overall I have been pleased with the care my father has received here.

How likely would you be to recommend Gledhow Christian Care Home? Likely

Thank you for your recent feedback for the home and we really appreciate your acknowledgement that you find staff are friendly. We do understand your feedback surrounding the activities and we are presently recruiting another full time activities staff member due to a recent retirement so I am confident expectations will be achieved going forward.

Gledhow Christian Care Home

Anytime you visit there is always a warm welcome. The care for residents is sensitive and considerate, every effort is made to accommodate their preferences. I have seen a marked improvement in the health of my friend since she moved to Gledhow Care Home. Individuals rooms and communal areas are well maintained and comfortable with adaptable seating and plenty of light it is a very pleasant place to be.

How likely would you be to recommend Gledhow Christian Care Home? Extremely likely

Thank you Jackie for taking the time to give Gledhow feedback. Your positive feedback is much appreciated and we do enjoy you visiting the home and we are very pleased you are being made to feel welcome. We appreciate your advocacy for the home and enjoy your visits as you bring friends in for a rest. The home has recently been refurbished and this we believe makes Gledhow very homely and welcoming.

Gledhow Christian Care Home

When my mother moved here in March, she worried how she would cope with the change from living independently in her home of nearly 70 years. She is 98, profoundly deaf (has to lipread), has failing sight and can only eat liquid food. The manager and staff were fantastic - they quickly learned to communicate with her and adapted her room so it was homely and familiar for her. They let her adjust at her own pace, always offering help, encouragement and support. The cooks found out what she could manage and she now really enjoys her meals and is eating more. She looks much better than when she arrived and feels well cared for and has confidence in the staff. Plus, on a practical level, the routine tasks and admin go smoothly - e.g. all her laundry comes back quickly and nothing has been lost, her personal spending money is looked after and clearly accounted for, and hairdressing, chiropody and any other services she wants are organised well.

Sarah Ibrahim, Home Manager at Gledhow Christian Care Home responded to this review on 20 Aug 2015:

Thank you so very much Judy for your fantastic feedback for the time your mum has been part of our family at Gledhow. When mum joined us we knew it was not just the new environment and new people to develop relationships with but also the additional difficulty caused by a sensory loss. Your mum has settled into the home very quickly our affection for her grows daily.

Gledhow Christian Care Home

If you require compassion, understanding, concern and loving care, put your selves and your loved one in the hands of Gledhow Christian Care Home. Dads last days were so peaceful and we were made so welcome , nothing was too much trouble and we felt like we had Dad at home with us - not in a home. I cannot express enough my deepest gratitude to all the team at Gledhow, every single member of staff was kindness personified. We were lucky indeed to find such a place to nurse Dad with such humanity and dignity and we are eternally in their debt. Thank you from all of our family.

Elaine, words cannot describe how much you and your kind words have inspired the entire team. Following your original email with the words “Gledhow is staffed entirely by angels” gave us all goose bumps and made us all very emotional, we are very humbled and really appreciative of your additional comments and feedback. It was a genuine pleasure meeting you and all of your wonderful family. For the short time we spent with dad he became part of our family and our memories. It has left us with a very warm glow in our heart and on behalf of every one at Gledhow I would like to wish you all the best in the future.

Gledhow Christian Care Home

I have lived at Gledhow for the past 6 years and I love being part of Gledhow. Staff treat me with dignity and respect at all times, they are like family. Even though the staff are busy they always have time for me. I really love this home. Since our new manager has taken over things have improved and her door is always open, so we can chat.

I appreciate the time you have offered Jane, to share your experiences at Gledhow. I do agree we have lovely chats and our regular Chinese takeaway nights, where we can all talk freely and enjoy good food and laughter. I still envy the fact that you get to enjoy a glass of wine and mine is a diet coke. I am really humbled you feel I have contributed to making a difference and look forward to more happy memories and laughter that we can all share and cherish.

Gledhow Christian Care Home

My father has been at Gledhow for three months and is clearly in much better health and appears to be contented. We are very pleased with his progress.

Thank you John for taking the time to pen your lovely feedback. It means a lot to the team. The fact that dad has only been with us for a short time is even more reassuring as it is a big adjustment for someone to move into a care home and put your trust in people you have never met. He has become a part of our family at Gledhow and we also appreciate your mum’s regular visits and contribution in the time she offers to chat to the staff and other residents.

Gledhow Christian Care Home

This was a very sad time for our family and friends however, there was always a wonderful greeting waiting for us, a sympathetic shoulder and of course a warming cup of tea. I had difficulty accepting what was happening but the staff and management at this home were the first to offer support and above all understanding. That special look, smile and a gentle touch. We never believed that Mom would ever leave us, but all the staff ensured that she did not suffer, that she spent the last few days peacefully and with some pride. They did not just care for her but for us also. I cannot find the words of gratitude and probably never will other than a very large 'thank you'

Thank you Yvonne for taking the time to say how happy you were with the care we offered your mum at Gledhow. It means a lot to the whole team knowing that we did the best for Mom which is a given and what we all strive for, but knowing that we were also able to support you during a very difficult period is very humbling and rewarding. We are conscious that time is precious and every minute counts to offer memorable moments to everyone, so thank you for affording us the opportunity and trusting us to take care of a very unique individual. May we take this opportunity to wish you and your family all the best for the future.

Gledhow Christian Care Home

My mother has lived at the home for five years and in this time the home has had different challenges and management. Since being taken on by Methodist homes I have been increasingly happy and content with the quality of care. All the staff work hard and exhibit patience with my mum, who struggles to speak (stroke). Sometimes I have visited and mum is laughing with staff who have come together in her room to enjoy her company. I feel she is able to be herself there as much as possible given her limitations both physically and mentally.

How likely would you be to recommend Gledhow Christian Care Home? Likely

Thank you so very much for taking your precious time to comment about your families’ experience of Gledhow. I am very humbled you feel things have improved and I genuinely believe things will only get better. Your mum is a pleasure to care for everyday with her individual humour and consistent laughter, it makes Gledhow a pleasure to manage and for the team to work within everyday. Your families’ regular visits are also enjoyed and we all love a cuddle with baby. As a home we will embrace a lovely future together building more fantastic memories and louder laughter.

Submit a Review for Gledhow Christian Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Gledhow Christian Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Gledhow Christian Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Gledhow Christian Care Home