Willow Bank Nursing Home, Leeds, West Yorkshire

Willow Bank Nursing Home is located just off junction 46 of the M1, east of Leeds. Local shops, library, hairdressers, surgery, pharmacy and public house are all within walking distance.

Willow Bank is a large 1950s property that provides accommodation for residents with both double and single rooms all of which have en-suite facilities. All rooms are fully carpeted and decorated to a high standard.

Residents can enjoy a well maintained garden and two sun lounges during summer months. There is a large dining room leading out to a terraced garden area and a quiet lounge with a dining area and kitchenette.

There is a large car park which provides space for up to 14 cars.

Group: Maria Mallaband Care Group Ltd

Person in charge: Linda Oram (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Leeds City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 37 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Epilepsy • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Filipino

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Willow Bank Nursing Home: click here

No Bed Vacancies

posted 01 Sep 2015

We currently have no vacancies

The user 'Review Score' (9.8 for Willow Bank Nursing Home) is based on 18 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

Willow Bank Nursing Home

I think the home is fantastic, one of the best homes going. The staff go beyond the call of duty, makes you feel welcome. I want to be in Willow Bank in the distant future.

Willow Bank Nursing Home

I can't see any fault at all, staff are good, it's a comfort as I get older.

Willow Bank Nursing Home

Staff are incredible from domestic through to management! They genuinely care for residents and their families and do everything within their power to help at a difficult and distressing time. Food is delicious and in my grandmothers words "like being in a 5* hotel" The chef (Kate) really cares about residents food preferences (and desires) and does everything she can to accommodate. A gem of a home!

Willow Bank Nursing Home

Mum spent 18 months at Willow Bank, where she was cared for with love and kindness. Staff were always very helpful and thoughtful with our family too. I only have very high recommendations for Willow Bank and everyone there.

Willow Bank Nursing Home

Willow Bank is a home from home, it is family orientated. All the staff include in everything to do with my brother, what ever time you call in, they are always smiling. They don't only know my brothers name but also mine and my wife's, they put on entertainment, days out. This is my brothers home, they take care of him while still letting him have his independence.

Willow Bank Nursing Home

Excellent care, lovely place to be. Well run, good caring staff, nothing too much trouble, residents given privacy and dignity.

Willow Bank Nursing Home

After much looking at different care homes, we decided on Willow Bank and I'm glad nothing is too much trouble, it is a home from home everybody smiles, the feeling is you are the only person being looked after, the kitchen staff. Find out your taste in food and that's what you get, so glad we decided on Willow Bank.

Willow Bank Nursing Home

I have been in residence here a few weeks now. The staff are most helpful and always on hand when needed. If you have problems they are always ready to sort them out. We are a very happy group of people. Please keep up your good work.

Willow Bank Nursing Home

The care that my late father got at Willow Bank Nursing Home was great. He never had an unhappy time at Willow Bank Nursing Home.

Willow Bank Nursing Home

We had a few problems at first but the manager listened to our concerns and was able to deal with the matter in a professional and respectful way. The staff were asked to listen to what my mother was trying to say and request, as she is well able to make choices, so I felt our concerns where listened to and not ignored.

Willow Bank Nursing Home

Knowing that the resident was safe and looked after with care and understanding. Her special requirements (needing to be lifted following a lower leg amputation) were carried out in a professional manner with consideration given to preserving her dignity. The staff are friendly, helpful and caring and make time for listening and talking with my relative.

Willow Bank Nursing Home

The service we received for my wife's care was excellent. All the staff took great pride in their work and care of all patients. We as a family would recommend Willow Bank.

Willow Bank Nursing Home

The care and attention my mother received while in Willow Bank Nursing Home was excellent. I would recommend this home to anyone I know who needs full-time care. I cannot thank the staff enough for all their care.

Willow Bank Nursing Home

My mother was in this home for 3 years until her death Oct 2013. The care from the staff was fantastic. If there was any problems Linda the manager dealt with them immediately before they became a royal issue. Mum was treated at all times with care and dignity, which meant we had peace of mind when leaving mum in their care. I can't thank them enough for all the help, care and support from all the members of staff over the last few years.

Willow Bank Nursing Home

To indicate our satisfaction in general, and hope for improvement in some areas.

Willow Bank Nursing Home

All the staff team, including ancillary staff were professional, attentive, compassionate in their approach to the care of my mother. The staff allowed privacy and choice for both my mother and relatives. When it came to end of life care, the required team members were involved. I cannot praise too highly the staff approach and the care shown. I am not surprised the home passed CQC Inspections - they are excellent. A great deal of respect was shown by every member of staff, excellent communication when visiting the service. I would highly recommend the nursing home for anyone seeking care for their elderly relative.

Willow Bank Nursing Home

An excellent level of commitment to make my mum as comfortable as possible in her last couple of years.

Willow Bank Nursing Home

The help and support that has been given to our family over the last 7 months has been outstanding, they met all of my father's needs, the home felt like a home from home, and all the facilities that were provided were outstanding. This made our family decision easier after having to make the very hard decision of placing him in the home to be cared for. We will sadly miss the staff as they felt like family.

Submit a Review for Willow Bank Nursing Home

Night Care Assistants

£6.52 per hour (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time or Part Time)
Leeds, West Yorkshire

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Willow Bank Nursing Home