Sycamore Hall Care Home, Ripon, North Yorkshire

Sycamore Hall has a reputation for providing very high standards of care for residents who have a wide and varied range of care needs within the dementia spectrum. The manager and staff aim to improve or maintain the quality of daily life for all residents, whatever their needs.

The service employs experienced registered nurses and care assistants, who continue their professional development with further training to ensure that we provide 24 hour professional support for the people living in Sycamore Hall.

The ethos of care at Sycamore Hall is to provide a balance between promoting and supporting independence whilst providing personal and nursing care. Staff respect the rights of the residents, maintaining their dignity and independence at all times. We promote person-centred care as each of our residents is a unique individual so each one has an individual and personal plan that is written with input from the resident, their family and friends and any healthcare professional who may be involved with their care.

Activities of daily life include physical and mental stimulation and a variety of activities are available within the home. We have a very flexible activity timetable but it includes baking, painting, music, gardening, armchair exercises, reminiscing sessions and newspaper and poetry readings. This can quickly change to an impromptu garden party if it is a sunny day.

Group: New Century Care

Person in charge: Jane Williams (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: North Yorkshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 60 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Sycamore Hall Care Home: click here

posted 15 Jul 2015

Specialist nursing and residential care for people with dementia.

The user 'Review Score' (8.3 for Sycamore Hall Care Home) is based on 2 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Sycamore Hall Care Home

I have previously entered a recommendation of this home on their web site. Unfortunately my father passed away on the 28th January in Harrogate District Hospital after being a resident in the home for nearly three years. I can honestly say that these were three of the happiest years of his life. He classed Sycamore Hall as being "my home" and he meant it. I cannot praise highly enough the management and staff of Sycamore Hall and I know they they loved my father as much as he loved them. What more could a relative ask for. For any relative wondering if this is the right home for their relative all I can say is visit the home and you will see for yourself how good it is. I cannot praise them enough and all I can do is to thank them from the bottom of my heart for the care and love they gave my father. Mike Paxton

How likely would you be to recommend Sycamore Hall Care Home? Extremely likely

Sycamore Hall Care Home

My father has spent nearly two years at this Care Home and could not be happier. My only regret is that we did not find it a couple of years before we did. The management and staff are excellent and go well beyond what is expected of them. They treat the residents as members of their own family and as a relative you could not wish for more. They ensure that residents take part in activities and that nobody sits in their room on their own - something we as a family experienced when looking at other care homes. I have no hesitation in recommending this home to anybody and suggest you visit and you will be convinced how excellent it is as I was.

Submit a Review for Sycamore Hall Care Home

Care Assistant

Attractive Rates. (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)
Ripon, North Yorkshire

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Sycamore Hall Care Home