Wallace House, Gateshead, Tyne & Wear

A forty-capacity Gateshead accommodation, Wallace House offers elderly and nursing care provision, having proven effective for a wide range of healthcare needs.

Both day and respite care are available at Wallace House, allowing members of the community to meet and socialise with new people and take part in outings and activities.

As well as a homely interior, residents enjoy Internet access and secluded gardens, with access to many related health services such as GPs and speech therapists.

Group: Akari Care Ltd

Person in charge: Sally Adam (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Gateshead Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 39 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Wallace House: click here

The user Review Score of 9.2 for Wallace House is based on 12 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 9.247 is made up of 4.632 Points relating to the ratings and 4.615 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

We would happily recommend this care home to friends and family etc. It has a warm, friendly atmosphere, is well managed and the staff are friendly and responsive to all the needs; of both the residents and their friends and families.

When my mother in law went into care we were all worried about it. Since visiting her we have found all the staff friendly and kind to both the residents and visitors. She has settled in well thanks to Fran and Debbie's special kindness to her and bringing enjoyment to all with their fun and sing along nights.

I live in Reading and come up to see my Mam every month if I can. I am very happy where she is and noticed she has a very strong relationship with Fran and Debbie and I picked up on this straight away, they are even fab with me and I thank them so much for their help and support.

The care my nanna gets at this home is fab, especially with the two nurses (Fran and Debbie) who are fab to nanna and myself, they've helped me cope with my nanna's illness.

Really good home, happy with the way my mam has settled in her home. They have some very good nurses, especially Debbie Elliot and Fran Dobson, brilliant with my mam and she seems to have really taken very well to them.

I've been really pleased with the care home since my partner was placed in December 2013. I would like to thank Fran, Debbie and all the care staff for looking after my partners daily needs and the nursing staff for her medical needs. Probably the best comment I can make is that I am pleased with the level of all round care my partner is receiving, and to date I have no complaints.

When my father first went into Wallace house I was so upset and worried about him. I have visited him a lot since and noticed how friendly and supportive all the staff are. Nothing is a problem to them and they always treat my dad as an individual. They always address him kindly and with courtesy which makes me feel a lot happier that he is being well looked after. He always looks clean when I visit and seems to have settled nicely and looks happy.

I love to come and visit my great gran. It is a lovely, happy home to be in. Fran and Debby are my two favorite carers. I love to sit with all the residents and talk to them.

Would recommend this care home because the service and care is excellent.

I became aware of this service whilst visiting to understand a workplace environment of a health and social care student on placement. I was impressed by the friendliness of the staff and the way the service users/residents were treated, showing respect and ensuring their dignity. I felt happy with the fact that if my father came in here he would be well cared for.

Jean is looking well to what she was when she was at home, and all thanks to the staff, Fran and Debbie.

The carers are very friendly. They are always welcoming. All thanks to the staff, Fran and Debbie for all of their help.

Submit a Review for Wallace House

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Wallace House

CARE ASSISTANT

£6.70 (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)
Gateshead, Tyne & Wear

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Wallace House