Wordsworth House, Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne & Wear

Wordsworth House is a comfortable residential and nursing care service registered for seventy-two people, specialising in general nursing, palliative care, residential and dementia care.

A homely environment is ideal for service users to achieve a comfortable lifestyle, while carers have access to the latest care technologies and methods to help to contribute to their well-being.

Respite and convalescent care are both available from Wordsworth House, which keeps strong links with GPs and other health professionals, such as physiotherapists.

Group: Akari Care Ltd

Person in charge: Sam Armstrong (Peripatetic Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Newcastle upon Tyne City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 72 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Down Syndrome • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Wordsworth House: click here

The user Review Score of 9.5 for Wordsworth House is based on 23 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 9.475 is made up of 4.836 Points relating to the ratings and 4.639 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

Staff were friendly, welcoming, helpful. The home is clean. Basic needs seem to be well met. No complaints. .

How likely would you be to recommend Wordsworth House? Likely

I am very happy with care and attention given to my husband. I would definitely recommend the home. He is very happy here.

A beautifully presented care home in lovely surroundings. The staff are hard working, friendly and obviously committed to caring for the residents. I am very happy that my father is now living in this care home and that his medical needs are being looked after very well. I would strongly recommend this care home to anybody looking for residential care for a relative.

Staff extremely caring and problems are dealt with at once; information regarding my husband immediately forthcoming. The grounds and building are always immaculate. I would recommend this home to any potential resident without hesitation.

From the day of my husbands residence in the home he has received all the attention he requires. All the staff are attentive and helpful with my husband and myself, therefore I could recommend this home for nursing or residential care.

My mother-in-law spent four weeks respite in Wordsworth during which time she improved in health, in personal care and overall demeanour. The advantage of 24/7 care cannot be underestimated due to the quality of care provided. Should she revert to requiring this provision again I would have no hesitation in recommending Wordsworth House.

Very happy with the care my mother is getting. The staff are great, good visits and made to feel very welcome.

My family were looking for a care home for our mother, my family have viewed a few care homes but we thought Wordsworth House was the best we have viewed.

Very friendly, will try and accommodate residents needs. Highly recommend Wordsworth House.

Have lived in Wordsworth House for 10 months. The staff are very good, give support on hospital visits and nothing is a trouble. My friend has lived here nearly 10 years and on her recommendation I moved to Wordsworth House. I enjoy all activities - lots of things to do. Visitors are made welcome.

My mother was a resident at Wordsworth House for five months up to the time of her death. During the whole of that period she was cared for with love. We, as a family, could not have asked for more. The staff were attentive and friendly throughout and helped to make her last months on earth as comfortable as possible, often bringing a smile to her face. Thank you.

I brought Mrs Watson into Wordsworth House in Jesmond one year ago she is 102 years old and she get's cared for very well by the staff and nurses. Nothing is too much trouble. I am very happy Mrs Watson came here, she gets all the help that she needs.

The staff have been very nice and helpful during my very short stay.

My mother-in-law is now, at 92, as happy as I have ever seen her. She has put on some weight, has always got a smile on her face and is liked by all. We have been treated so well by all the staff here and are involved in events here. A lovely team here and the home is set in beautiful grounds.

My mother had dementia and stayed at Wordsworth House. Whenever I went to visit she was always immaculately clean. With her jewellery on and her room spotless. When she passed away the nursing staff were excellent and they allowed my mam to die in comfort and with dignity.

I visit here almost every day. My friend has been here since February 13 and has been very well cared for. The staff are excellent and very welcoming and there is a homely feel to Wordsworth House. Where my friend was previously, she used to get urine infections all the time. She has not had any here which proves she is well cared for.

My husband who needs a lot of care and nursing, always looks clean and well cared for. He has been here six months now and has never complained to me about anything connected with the home or staff and the staff are always helpful and understanding to me. I have no complaints and am very grateful for all the help.

I am delighted with the care that my grandmother receives. The staff are attentive and caring and go out of their way to ensure that he is comfortable and happy. The home itself is very welcoming and immaculately clean, and the food is also of a very high standard. The biggest compliment I can pay is that my grandfather is totally content and happy in his surroundings, and as a close family member that is all that you can wish for.

Wordsworth House offers warn, comfortable accommodation in pleasant surroundings. The staff are friendly and helpful and treat all residents with care,dignity and respect. During summer months time can be spent in the gardens where plenty of seating is provided. A number of activities and entertainment are also available. The cheerful atmosphere helps people to feel at home.

Excellent, a very high standard of care. The staff are so very kind and approachable always very helpful.

I cannot speak more highly of the care my mother receives at Wordsworth House. It truly is now her home and everyone is 'family'. The food is good, it is warm, clean and welcoming. The staff are caring, attentive and very helpful to me. I feel very confident that my mother is in good hands.

My mother and father-in-law are both very looked after and are happy here. The staff are very friendly and always take notice of any suggestions we have. The home is very well maintained with attractive grounds.

My parents are both at Wordsworth House and have very different needs. One has dementia and the other is wheelchair bound and requires nursing for heart and kidney failure, stroke, etc. To find a care home as lovely as Wordsworth House that can provide suitable care for both is such a relief.

Because of my parents' diverse care needs they are on different floors but can spend as much time together as they wish. The home has changed beyond recognition in the last 18 months as it's been modernised which is great but it still has a very homely feel. There is a room that is like an afternoon tea room with vintage china. We've loved having mini tea parties when other family members visit. We've also enjoyed sitting in the gardens.

The staff are wonderful with my parents. They are sensitive, patient and there is a lot of laughter too. The team have also been tremendously supportive to me personally as I've adjusted to having such poorly parents.

The domestic staff do a fantastic job too. The home is always spotless.

The staff regularly take part in fund-raising activities and there is a real community feel.

Wordsworth House benefits not just from being in the heart of a nice area like Jesmond close to cafes and shops but they also have an excellent doctors practice just round the corner.

Thanks to all at Wordsworth House - I don't know what we'd do without you.

Submit a Review for Wordsworth House

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Wordsworth House

There are no jobs posted yet for Wordsworth House

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Wordsworth House