Prince's Court, North Shields, Tyne & Wear

Prince's Court is a purpose-built North Shields care home, suitable for both long-term residential care and short-term nursing and respite purposes.

Staff have a wide range of care skills which they are able to combine with the effects of a comfortable and homely facility, which has en-suite bedrooms and pleasant gardens that even have a mini golf course.

The service is flexible to people's needs, with church services available by choice and regular trips to restaurants and attractions that all occupants can join in with.

Group: Akari Care Ltd

Person in charge: Nicola Coulson (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: North Tyneside Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 75 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Down Syndrome • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Neuropathic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Tagalog

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Separate EMI Unit • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Prince's Court: click here

The user Review Score of 9.2 for Prince's Court is based on 17 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 9.166 is made up of 4.713 Points relating to the ratings and 4.453 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

My mum has been in Prince's Court as a patient on the palliative side for five months during this time mums care and support has been second to none. As well as caring for family members during this very upsetting time. The manager is first class and very hands on, she is totally approachable and I feel able to talk to her about mums on going care. The carers are fantastic and work extremely hard providing extra support to us all. Standards of cleaning are first class and the rooms are cleaned regularly. Mum is treated with care and dignity and all her needs are met. First class home.

How likely would you be to recommend Prince's Court? Extremely LIKELY

I've been living at Prince's Court for 8yrs. I'm happy here, lovely view of marina from my room. No complaints, happy to be here wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

My husband Alan was admitted to Prince's Court in 2012 at first for 3 weeks. Due to the care from staff he is still here. I am very happy with all the care and support he has received.

I like this place very much , they treat my with excellent care and support and dignity.

How likely would you be to recommend Prince's Court? Likely

My Wife has been in care during the past 5 years in a satisfactory way and have no doubt in recommending this care home to other potential clients.

The care in Princes Court is very good, I have been well looked after. The nurses have been very caring, also the Doctors have been very good with me. Any questions I need to ask they are always answered. I have a lovely garden. I enjoy all my meals. Overall I think I'm getting well looked after at Princes Court. I have a good choice of entertainment which I can attend to. The staff make sure my cleanliness is up to standard.

My experience at Princes Court has been wonderful all the staff are lovely and very caring, they do their job well. The staff and nurses meet all the needs indeed.

When I visited my father the staff had no idea I was outside his room. I could hear them talking to him, and they were so sweet and careful with him, it brought tears to my eyes. I live in Holland, and knowing that my father is receiving such warm, friendly and dignified treatment, has given me a quiet mind and confidence in his welfare. Absolutely wonderful. The members of staff and the manager herself have been nothing less than helpful, friendly and understanding. I couldn't reccomend them enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Prince's Court? Extremely LIKELY

My mam moved into care about 8 weeks ago. Before this she was in a home that could not cope with my mam's dementia. The staff at Prince's Court are supportive and have spent quality time with my mam getting to know her. She has settled very well. They have coped with all of my mam's dementia needs, and nothing has been a challenge.

How likely would you be to recommend Prince's Court? Likely

This is the best care home I have ever been to - clean bright and very comfortable. The staff have been great and very caring, wonderful in fact. The doctor was exceptional, they made a bad experience bearable- thank you.

This place is fab. The staff are first class, care staff, nurses and doctors alike good, food and accommodation facilities are good. Most of all, I feel the staff give a damn about the residents. This is a sad time for our family and we are being supported really well.

How likely would you be to recommend Prince's Court? Extremely LIKELY

My mother was admitted to Prince's Court from North Tyneside hospital following months of medical intern and treatment. She is 94 years of age frail but mentally competent. The human interaction, care and quiet environment is appropriate for a women at the latter stages of life. Care and medical treatment are provided in a coordinated plan where medical and care staff work together well. The response time to a patients call via a buzzer is good. The staff are accessible, friendly and knowledgeable. I would recommend the facility to a patient in my mothers condition.

I am extremely satisfied with the high levels of dignity and care given to me here in Prince's Court. I am really grateful to all concerned.

Heartfelt thanks

I have nothing but praise and thanks for the wonderful, caring staff at Princes Court. The care that Mum received whilst with them was all that could be wished for, nothing was too much trouble. Knowing that Mum was being well cared for made a very difficult time more bearable and was a great comfort and for that I am very grateful.

How likely would you be to recommend Prince's Court? Extremely LIKELY

Our family cannot recommend Princes Court enough. My Grandmother is back to the lady we once knew due to the 24hr care she has received there. She feels safe and happy and calls it her home. All the staff and management have kept her well informed during the current refurbishment. We all find the staff to be professional but approachable, happy to help and very friendly. What more could you ask for a loved one.

I could not fault in any way the nursing care, consideration, sympathy and general activities of all staff at Prince's Court.

Our sister is receiving palliative care in Princes Court after spending many weeks in North Tyneside Hospital she is being well cared for. The liaison between ourselves and staff is excellent.

Submit a Review for Prince's Court

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Prince's Court

There are no jobs posted yet for Prince's Court

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Prince's Court