Willowdene Nursing Home, Hebburn, Tyne & Wear

Willowdene Nursing Home has 52 en suite bedrooms available for nursing care, as well as for people suffering from an onset of dementia or other mental health complications.

The home's owners have invested in keeping Willowdene's facilities as up-to-date as possible, with its own reminiscence room now proving of great benefit to those it cares for.

All residents have 24/7 access to carers thanks to a nurse call system being installed in every room, together with an individual care plan to ensure they receive the level of attention appropriate to them.

Group: New Century Care

Person in charge: Elaine Proud (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: South Tyneside Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 52 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Learning Disability • Mental Health Condition • Old Age

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Filipino, Thai

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Willowdene Nursing Home: click here

Review Score: 9 (9.024)

The Review Score of 9 (maximum of 10) for Willowdene Nursing Home is based on 9 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.024 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.778 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 4.246 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 9.024 for Willowdene Nursing Home is based on 9 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.778 for Willowdene Nursing Home is calculated as follows: ( (87 Excellents x 5) + (18 Goods x 4) + (3 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 108 Ratings = 4.778

The Quantity Score of 4.246 for Willowdene Nursing Home is calculated as follows:

2. 0.1 x 9 Positive Reviews = 0.900

• We receive approximately 15% of Reviews/Recommendations through website submission and 85% of Reviews/Recommendations through Review/Recommendation Cards (only available to Enhanced / Premium Services more info).

The staff in this care home are really good, and clearly empowered by their manager who is just so enthusiastic about making this a real 'home' for the residents most of whom appear to have quite severe dementia and mental health conditions. On entering the home there is a really good atmosphere with a nice 'buzz' as staff (always seem like a very good ratio to residents) are sitting talking or interacting with residents in whatever is appropriate to the individual. The building is 20 years old but despite this is very clean and homely, and unlike other care homes experienced during visits there is no lingering smell of incontinence!!
Some of the clientele (including my mother-in-law) present with very challenging behaviour a lot of the time, but the staff seem to cope with this admirably and I understand there has been a great deal of investement in staff training by the current manager. The staff are really nice and I would recommend this home for anyone with dementia.

How likely would you be to recommend Willowdene Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Since my mother has been in Willowdene my family has had peace of mind. The staff are very caring and will do anything to make my mother comfortable. Anything we ask of them is greeted with "no problem that's why we're here".
They have events and fun things such as painting and knitting, fundraising is done regularly and at Christmas gifts are given to all the residents. I have nothing but praise for Willowdene and its carers and staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Willowdene Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

In the five ans a half years since my mother has been in Willowdene we have had absolutely no worries about her care. The staff are all excellent from the cleaners up to the management and my mother's carer is second to none. It feels like home to my mother and to her family. We get involved with fayre's and other activities throughout the year and thoroughly enjoy it. The new manager seems very good and the new activities co-ordinator is really good with the residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Willowdene Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My aunt is very well looked after at Willodene and is very happy. The staff are lovely and take good care of her.

How likely would you be to recommend Willowdene Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My mother was admitted to Willowdene Care Home in September 2013 suffering from Alzheimer's dementia. I visit my mother on a regular basis and my father has visited every day since my mother was admitted. A good home is just that, a 'home' and it is the care provided by staff which turns an institution into a home. The staff at Willowdene are incredible and I do not use that word loosely. The key staff have been consistent and retained and this is because they have a vocation for the work they do and are truly caring. I have witnessed many events which can only be described as heartbreaking and I wonder how the staff manage to provide such a high level of service without it appearing to be just that; a service. They treat my mother the way she would expect, the way a family member would expect and they do it whether they are aware people are watching or not - yes I have sneaked around a fair bit. I cannot recommend this establishment highly enough for what is the hardest decision many will ever face. The food is all home cooked and very well cooked. The new activities Manager is fantastic and there has been a recent change of Manager since the CQC report which should not be taken on face value. That report does not represent the care I have experienced. There a solid management team in place with ambitious ideas for the home 2016. The heart of Willowdene lies with the senior Nursing staff who are very special people and give the reassurance that when you are leaving you are leaving your most precious loved one in careful hands.

How likely would you be to recommend Willowdene Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

New manager things will get better. The manager is very good. Also the activities lady is new but also very good.

How likely would you be to recommend Willowdene Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

I would thoroughly recommend Willowdene as staff and management are brilliant. Nothing is too much trouble. Everyone is very friendly and polite.

I would recommend Willowdene to any prospective resident. I cannot fault the care and attention given to my Dad. He has improved greatly due to the instant care given by all the staff.

My wife was admitted to Willowdene Care Home in September 2013. I had visited numerous care homes in the South Tyneside area before reaching the decision that Willowdene was the best for my wife who suffers from Alzheimer's dementia. My son and I were particularly impressed with the manager's determination that all carers should be fully trained in dementia care and that on going training was a requirement of employment.
I have visited the care home every day since my wife was admitted and see for myself at first hand the excellent job being done by management, nurses, carers and all staff alike - in what can, occasionally, be very testing and trying situations when caring for dementia patients. All staff are friendly, communicative and diligent in their respective roles. The record keeping is meticulous and it is a joy to see the pleasure gained by residents from those selfless little extras such as carefully caring for their hands, feet and hair etc. I have already recommended Willowdene to a number of people and will continue to do so.

Submit a Review for Willowdene Nursing Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Willowdene Nursing Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Willowdene Nursing Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Willowdene Nursing Home