Willowdene Nursing Home, Hebburn, Tyne & Wear
Willowdene Nursing Home
Willowdene Nursing Home

Tel: 0191 483 7000

Willowdene Nursing Home has 52 en suite bedrooms available for nursing care, as well as for people suffering from an onset of dementia or other mental health complications.

The home's owners have invested in keeping Willowdene's facilities as up-to-date as possible, with its own reminiscence room now proving of great benefit to those it cares for.

All residents have 24/7 access to carers thanks to a nurse call system being installed in every room, together with an individual care plan to ensure they receive the level of attention appropriate to them.

Group: New Century Care

Person in charge: Julie Gregory (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: South Tyneside Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 52 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Learning Disability • Mental Health Condition • Old Age

Languages Spoken (other than English): Philipino, Thai

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Willowdene Nursing Home: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Willowdene Nursing Home

(General Nursing and Dementia Care)
posted 28 Jul 2014

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Willowdene Nursing Home

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.4 for Willowdene Nursing Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Willowdene Nursing Home on Friday 4 April 2014 by Joyce Welsh (Daughter of a resident)

Ever since my Mother entered the home as a Resident my family and I have had a sense of relief. Relief in that she is settled and is looked after by every member of staff especially her personal carers. They keep us fully informed of how she is doing, any problems she has health-wise they act on immediately. We take a full part in the Home's activities and indeed we have great fun I have been in the stocks with water bombs thrown at me, we bake for the Summer Fete fundraiser and I as a Rotarian go along with a male member of the club each Christmas as Santa and Mrs Santa much to the delight of all the Residents This home is all we could have hoped for in the care my Mother receives and we are very grateful to all in Willowdene Nursing Home

Review of Willowdene Nursing Home on Friday 4 April 2014 by Lynda Jones (Relative of resident)

I have and will continue to recommend this care home the care and consideration given to my mother is second to none nothing is too much trouble to any of the staff from the domestics the laundry the kitchen when she won't eat and most of all the nursing staff and carers,and not forgetting the manager and office staff.

Review of Willowdene Nursing Home on Tuesday 1 April 2014 by John Grant (Viewing for relative)

I had the fortune recently of visiting Willowdene as a possible place for my sister who has dementia and needs help in a home that can stimulate her as well. On my arrival I was greeted by a lovely spring scene in the entrance made by the residents of the home. I was totally taken aback by it and felt this was what my sister needed. I was then introduced to the manager who was so reassuring and knowledgeable. She showed me around and I felt this is the one. The staff were friendly and caring, the meal they had looked very appetising and all in all my decision was made. Unfortunately my sister had a stroke and we lost her before she moved in but I will wholeheartedly recommend Willowdene and if anyone is unsure please visit them yourself.

Review of Willowdene Nursing Home on Thursday 5 December 2013 by Moira Sinclair (Wife of resident)

The care and support which has been given to my father has been excellent. My father's dignity has been respected and we are informed of any changes in his condition by staff. Staff are always friendly and approachable at all times and make a point of speaking to us when we arrive and during the visit to see my father. Any changes in my father's care plan are discussed with us by senior staff.

Review of Willowdene Nursing Home on Wednesday 4 December 2013 by Sharon N (Relative to resident)

Since the new manager has been in post the home is a lot better. I hope the home continues to make good progress.

Submit a Recommendation for Willowdene Nursing Home

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Willowdene Nursing Home and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

There are no jobs posted yet for Willowdene Nursing Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Willowdene Nursing Home