Donwell House Nursing Home, Washington, Tyne & Wear
Donwell House Nursing Home

Tel: 0191 416 7663

Donwell House Nursing Home offers quality care services through personalised packages that suit the individual while standing up for privacy and dignity.

This versatile service welcomes individuals with dementia and physical disabilities, being an adaptable accommodation and with staff boasting a great wealth of care experience.

Residents have a choice of communal and quiet lounges, as well as mature gardens with raised flower beds, a water feature and a patio area.

Group: Care Living

Person in charge: Tracy Garland (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Sunderland City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 63 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Donwell House Nursing Home: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Donwell House Nursing Home

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Donwell House Nursing Home

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.7 for Donwell House Nursing Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Donwell House Nursing Home

There is always someone there for me, and I get help if I need it. I like to do things on my on, but if I can't do it I get help. I like my bedroom. The staff are very good to me, I like most of the meals. I am happy with the way they do my clothes, when I have a bath I like someone to be there with me, to do my back and for safety sake. Everyone is really kind and I have made some new friends.

Submitted by Elsie P (Resident / Service User) on Tuesday 24 February 2015.

Review of Donwell House Nursing Home

I have always enjoyed living here, all the ladies and gentlemen are lovely. The staff make sure I am happy. I would like everyone to know how lovely its been. All of the staff get to know me and I feel like they treat me like their own mother. I always get offered to join in the activities and go out on days trips.

Submitted by Violet L (Resident / Service User) on Tuesday 24 February 2015.

Review of Donwell House Nursing Home

I enjoy living here rather than on my own. Whilst living here, I have all the support and company I need. All the staff are very friendly and helpful. I have made plenty of friends here and I enjoy the company.

How likely would you be to recommend Donwell House Nursing Home? Extremely likely

Submitted by Nancy B (Resident / Service User) on Tuesday 24 February 2015.

Review of Donwell House Nursing Home

I love living here, enjoy meals and activities. Love also visiting the day centre. I visit twice a week. I can have my independence and freedom to go out regularly with my family. My clothes are always kept nice and clean, and my room is kept tidy. I also get my hair done once a week at our hairdressers who also works at the home, I also go in the bath regular and bath myself. I have all my personal possessions around me from my bungalow. And I am very happy.

Submitted by B E (Resident / Service User) on Tuesday 24 February 2015.

Review of Donwell House Nursing Home

I like living here, I couldn't say anything s wrong with this place. I get supported with my independence and dignity. I like the meals and my room, you cannot criticise anything.

Submitted by David B (Resident / Service User) on Tuesday 24 February 2015.

Review of Donwell House Nursing Home

I am taking this opportunity with these new cards to say I have already recommended this care home to others. Having visited 3 times a week for a couple of years I feel I can judge having seen it quite busy at Christmas etc. The staff take every opportunity to help the residents enjoy themselves and there is a varied activities programme, however best of all it lives up to its individuality and dignity. My mum is not the easiest resident but they know what is important to her (e.g appearance for self esteem, music for entertainment not TV) and I have seen her treatment amended over time as they got to know her better marvellous.

How likely would you be to recommend Donwell House Nursing Home? Likely

Submitted by Anne Lawson (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Thursday 19 February 2015. Review relates to February 2015.

Review of Donwell House Nursing Home

My mum came to Donwell House a few months ago and the staff have been excellent in helping her settle in. It was her 101st birthday last week & the activities co-ordinator organised a fantastic "sing-a-long" for my mum. She was delighted!! All the staff are so hard working to ensure the happiness and well being of the residents.

Submitted by Courtney B (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Wednesday 11 February 2015. Review relates to February 2015.

Submit a Recommendation for Donwell House Nursing Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Donwell House Nursing Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Donwell House Nursing Home