Northview Lodge Nursing Home

Northview Road, Castletown, Sunderland SR5 3AF

Northview Lodge Nursing Home, Sunderland, Tyne & Wear

Northview Lodge Nursing Home offers specialist care including enduring mental health and acquired brain injury alongside care for young people with disabilities. Residents have a choice of lounge areas which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings. The home has a range of comfortable and well-equipped bedrooms.

Chefs at Northview Lodge pride themselves on knowing the tastes of residents and preparing a choice of home cooked, fresh, nutritional meals and catering for any dietary and cultural needs. At HC-One, experienced home managers and members of staff ensure kindness is at the heart of everything they do.

Person in charge: Lisa Morehead (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Sunderland City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 42 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Mental Health Condition • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alcohol Dependence (past or present) • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Challenging Behaviour • Head/Brain Injury • Schizophrenia • Stroke

Admission Information: Ages from 18 to 65.

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Independent Living Training • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Northview Lodge Nursing Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.4 (maximum of 10) for Northview Lodge Nursing Home is based on 31 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.376 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.376 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 5 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 9.376 for Northview Lodge Nursing Home is based on 31 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.376 for Northview Lodge Nursing Home is calculated as follows: ( (172 Excellents x 5) + (162 Goods x 4) + (25 Satisfactorys x 3) + (5 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 364 Ratings = 4.376

The Quantity Score of 5 for Northview Lodge Nursing Home is calculated as follows:

3. (26 Positive Reviews ÷ 42 Registered Beds) x 2 = 1.238 (maximum score = 1)

• We receive approximately 15% of Reviews/Recommendations through website submission and 85% of Reviews/Recommendations through Review/Recommendation Cards (only available to Enhanced / Premium Services more info).

Its alright - its very good. Staff are alright.

How likely would you be to recommend Northview Lodge Nursing Home? Likely

Think the place is great better than where I was. Get on great with staff, well some of them. I have a laugh with them.

How likely would you be to recommend Northview Lodge Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

The place is lovely. Enjoy living here.

It's alright. I like the staff.

Food & Drink: Poor

Safety / Security: Poor

I visit my uncle 3 times a week and he is always well dressed for when I come, I find the staff excellent and can always talk to them if there is a problem. My uncle is always happy so they must be doing things right, his room is always clean and tidy.

How likely would you be to recommend Northview Lodge Nursing Home? Likely

We are pleased with the standards of staff, facilities etc. and endorse, as we have said before that our son gets first class treatment and attention for all his needs. The refurbishment of all areas is first class. The d├ęcor is excellent. Well done.

I like living at Northview Lodge. I always go out. The staff are nice and friendly. The food is good.

How likely would you be to recommend Northview Lodge Nursing Home? Likely

The home I live in is alright. It is very alright. I enjoy all the trips out and get to go to a cookery class each week. I lost my mum recently and the staff were very good in supporting me.

I have been in Northview Lodge care home for 10 years now it's a lovely place to live in, they do anything to meet your needs. My named nurse and my care key worker take and sort things out for me to go to watch my football team Sunderland play and love it very much and if I want to go shopping with my care worker any time for company they arrange a day. All the staff here are brilliant I even class them as my family as they are all fantastic. Love them all.

How likely would you be to recommend Northview Lodge Nursing Home? Likely

I have thoroughly enjoyed my stay within the establishment and hope to remain here as long as necessary. The food is excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Northview Lodge Nursing Home? Unlikely

I'm happy living at Northview Lodge because it's somewhere to live, and I get looked after.

Whenever I needed help, staff have always done their best to help me.

Visited this care home recently I found the staff all very friendly and polite. Home was clean and residents seemed more than happy. Lunch looked appetizing. Plenty of free drinks of tea and coffee supplied.

Generally the care received is good and I really like the fact that there are male carers as well as female.

How likely would you be to recommend Northview Lodge Nursing Home? Likely

My brother has lived in Northview Lodge since 2002, and I can honestly say, if all care homes were like this one, relatives can feel easy in their minds, their family are being well cared for. The staff are brilliant, and go the extra mile to provide entertainments, trips away, and day trips. They give all the residents the dignity and respect they deserve. Last week they organised a 'Mad Hatters' tea party it was a huge success, the costumes and food were fantastic. My brother loves his food here. Well done Northview Lodge and thank you.

Robert has lived here for 13 years. Robert enjoys living here, he likes going out on trips on the bus, the staff are all right and I can open up to them when needed. Rob likes his room which he has always been in. Rob thinks the new things in the home are lovely. Rob likes the staff as many of them has been here a long time and know him.

Everyone is supportive and very nice. All the staff are very helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Northview Lodge Nursing Home? Don't know

Northview Lodge has been my home for 10 years now and I feel happier here than any other home I have been in. Staff here at Northview Lodge have been very supportive to me when I am not well. One to one care is put in place where they watch me all the time as I am a suicide risk, and they do anything they can.
I've never regretted living here, I call the staff my family and the residents too. This home is classed as home, love every one of the staff, they are brilliant. Love it.

How likely would you be to recommend Northview Lodge Nursing Home? Don't know

This place is average. Meals are very good. My room suits my needs. Average staff, not meaning they are bad, depends what mood I am in. I am interested in indoor or outdoor activities. I prefer my tv and own music.

How likely would you be to recommend Northview Lodge Nursing Home? Don't know

I enjoy living here. I also enjoy the activities here. I love cooking, bowling. The staff here are rally good to me. They help me when I need that extra support. My room is always kept clean and tidy by the staff and cleaners with help from me as well.

How likely would you be to recommend Northview Lodge Nursing Home? Don't know

Staff are very helpful and the food is lovely. I like my room and I can do anything to my room. Staff is here whenever I need them, they are always on hand. Also I can have a bath or shower whenever I want one.

How likely would you be to recommend Northview Lodge Nursing Home? Likely

Well I have lived at Northview for approximately five years and the staff here are pretty good. Just recently our home has been refurbished and its lovely. The last five years living here has given me some perspective in life. My son and family are very impressed with the care and compassion that I receive whilst living in this home. I am very happy living here and always have been and always will be.

I like living here, it's cool. The staff are alright too!

How likely would you be to recommend Northview Lodge Nursing Home? Likely

I like living at Northview Lodge. We go out on activities and on holiday. Last year we went to Butlins. The food is lovely and the chef is canny. The staff are nice and I always talk to them.

All staff are approachable and have a lovely manner. The facilities for residents are excellent and there is plenty for them to do. Cleanliness and hygiene of the care home is outstanding. I feel my father is happy, safe and well looked after in here.

I have been visiting my son Alan who has been looked after for the past 11 years, because of brain damage. I have got to know all the staff and other patients. I get on well with them all. The medical staff are out of this world they are really good with everyone at the home. There's plenty to do if they are up to it. Day trips, holiday, swimming, cooking and many more, to all that are interested. Every month they put shows on for the patients which I like to attend because I join in with the fun. There is a new manager and he is very nice. I would recommend this care home to anyone who is in need of care. At the home it's like one big happy family. I couldn't fault anything about the staff. By the way the meals are really good.

The home is nice.

How likely would you be to recommend Northview Lodge Nursing Home? Don't know

I like it here at Northview, my room is nice with en-suite. We have lots going on here with singers, dancing and activities. I like to go to the shop daily which is no problem for the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Northview Lodge Nursing Home? Likely

I have been homeless and I have lived in a lot of care homes, This is the best home that I have lived in, because I've got friendship and the other people have the same problems with voices. We have got our GPs and hospital to look after me. I have carers that look after me too they are kind to me and I am happy here. The carers don't violate your civil rights.

Friendly caring staff. They not only support and care for the residents they offer help and advice to the family.

Highly recommend this home.
Staff friendly and approachable.
Excellent facilities.

Submit a Review for Northview Lodge Nursing Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Northview Lodge Nursing Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Northview Lodge Nursing Home