Northview Lodge Nursing Home, Castletown, Sunderland, Tyne & Wear
Northview Lodge Nursing Home
Northview Lodge Nursing Home

Tel: 0191 516 8605

Northview Lodge Nursing Home care home offers Dementia and Residential care, Residents have a choice of lounge areas which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings. The home has a range of comfortable and well-equipped bedrooms.

Chefs at Northview Lodge pride themselves on knowing the tastes of Residents and preparing a choice of home cooked, fresh, nutritional meals and catering for any dietary and cultural needs. At HC-One, experienced Home Managers and members of staff ensure kindness is at the heart of everything they do.

Owner: HC-One Ltd

Person in charge: Alison Hunter (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Sunderland City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 45 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: AIDS/HIV • Alcohol Dependence (past or present) • Alzheimer's • Anorexia/Bulimia/Self Harming • Asperger Syndrome • Autism/ASD • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Down Syndrome • Drug Dependence (past or present) • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Schizophrenia • Speech Impairment • Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Independent Living Training • Separate EMI Unit • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Northview Lodge Nursing Home: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Northview Lodge Nursing Home

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Northview Lodge Nursing Home

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.3 for Northview Lodge Nursing Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Northview Lodge Nursing Home on Monday 14 April 2014 by Sadie Rose (Mother of resident)

I have been going to the care home, going on nearly 10 years now. I've seen staff come and go, but nothing beats the staff they have now. We all have our ups and downs but the staff will come and cheer you up. I feel like a resident myself the way I get treated in a very nice way. Every month they put on a show for visitors and residents and they do enjoy them. They also go on days out. The home is really a nice friendly care home and I would recommend to anyone who's looking for a caring friendly home.

Review of Northview Lodge Nursing Home on Monday 27 January 2014 by Peter Slaughter (Resident)

The home is always clean and tidy and staff are excellent and the management is excellent too. The home is a safe and secure place to live so that's why I would definately recommend the home to other people.

Review of Northview Lodge Nursing Home on Monday 27 January 2014 by Graham Thompson (Resident)

Staff are good and the meals are excellent. There are lots of activities within the home and we go out a lot. I am happy with the care I receive whilst living here and would like to recommend this home to people.

Review of Northview Lodge Nursing Home on Monday 27 January 2014 by Robert White (Resident)

I have lived here for many years and always feel safe. I am treated with dignity and my parents come to visit twice a week are made to feel very welcome. I am supported at all times with my needs and if I want to go shopping I can be escorted.

Review of Northview Lodge Nursing Home on Monday 27 January 2014 by Hannah Matthews (Resident)

Always clean, if I need help with anything the staff help, I recommend this home because I can have my animals (two cats and a snake), they are very happy for me to have them. There is a lot of activities I enjoy. The food is excellent as I choose it myself as I am the only vegetarian on the unit. I enjoy the time I spend with the staff and they sometimes take me out in the town shopping when arranged. Overall I recommend this nursing home for all ages.

Review of Northview Lodge Nursing Home on Monday 27 January 2014 by Terrance Wate (Resident)

I have lived here for a few years and would recommend Northview to anyone. I like living here and have made a few new friends. The staff are excellent and I really enjoy their company. My relatives are able to visit with no notice and as many times as they want. My relatives are made very welcome. My room is comfortable and I can have my own possessions in.

Review of Northview Lodge Nursing Home on Sunday 26 January 2014 by Ernest Proud (care home resident)

I would recommend this home to anybody because the care I get is outstanding. All the staff look after me with respect.

Review of Northview Lodge Nursing Home on Monday 29 April 2013 by Peter Y (Resident)

Happy atmosphere nice food good activities staff are ok.

Review of Northview Lodge Nursing Home on Monday 29 April 2013 by Julia A (Resident)

This home is nice. It's nice and clean. You get the things you need and money to buy other things. Sometimes I don't fancy the meals but they are lovely. We also get chocolates. The staff care about you.

Review of Northview Lodge Nursing Home on Monday 29 April 2013 by Peter S (Resident)

This home is very amenable. The staff really care about residents.

Review of Northview Lodge Nursing Home on Monday 29 April 2013 by Nicola E (Resident)

when I came to the home I was made to feel very welcome and I had nothing to worry about. You have your own bedroom and you can do as you please and there's no one telling you when to go to bed. The care is magic! and the food is worth getting up for its scrumptious.

Review of Northview Lodge Nursing Home on Monday 29 April 2013 by Michael P (Resident)

I like living here. The staff really care, the other residents are friendly, I love the food, we're offered a good choice of activities to do like arts, gardening, quizzes and going out.

Review of Northview Lodge Nursing Home on Monday 29 April 2013 by John T (Resident)

The Staff seen to understand and care for you.

Review of Northview Lodge Nursing Home on Monday 29 April 2013 by Lee C (Resident)

The other residents are friendly. We are offered a good variety of activities we get to to out on trips and the food is quite good. we can get take aways and I love them.

Review of Northview Lodge Nursing Home on Thursday 18 April 2013 by Paul Wate (Relative of resident)

My Uncle Terrance has been at this home for 3 years and the standard is a lot better since being taken over, and it is run a lot better. The staff are good and friendly and keep you informed if there is any problems. I would have no problem in recommending this home.

Review of Northview Lodge Nursing Home on Thursday 18 April 2013 by Graham Thompson (Resident)

Football indoors because of hard floor. Cards, Bingo etc for prizes. Van outings for change of scenery and fresh air. Variety makes this home.

Review of Northview Lodge Nursing Home on Thursday 18 April 2013 by Terry W (Resident)

I would recommend this home because I like it a lot. All the staff are wonderful especially the nurses, Laura and Sandra. I like going out for walks and that we do often. We have trips out in the bus and play games. The other residents are canny.

Review of Northview Lodge Nursing Home on Thursday 18 April 2013 by Robert White (Father of resident)

Quality of care being really outstanding and understanding to each person with needs required.

Review of Northview Lodge Nursing Home on Tuesday 12 March 2013 by Hannah (Resident)

All of this would not happen if we did not have the staff totally dedicated staff, even the Unit Manager is always involved. The staff are very happy to take us out on the bus whenever or whatever we want to do they will do it. We all get involvement in whatever we do. It's so funny here when we are all together. We get support in every way when we're not well to moving on to the future. We have wonderful staff here. I didn't like it at first but after a couple of weeks it was my home. We can also have pets and I have two cats and corn snakes. I am very happy here with the most loving and caring staff.

Review of Northview Lodge Nursing Home on Tuesday 12 March 2013 by Craig (Resident)

Northview Lodge is a young persons unit for people with mental health problems. We do a lot of activities which are chosen by the service users. We do things like Indian, Chinese, Mexican and Italian themed nights where we make posters and games relating to the theme. We also have a singer come in to sing and we join in with the songs and have a dance if we want to and have fun. We never stop when summertime comes we go all over the country and we go on holidays to places like the Lake District, Butlins, log cabins in far out areas like Blackpool, Southport next to the sea. We even go abroad to places like Lanzarote, Spain, Portugal and Bulgaria. This unit also does BBQ's, take out, and video nights and cinema visits. We also do come dine with me, play your cards right, deal or no deal and pub quizzes.

Submit a Recommendation for Northview Lodge Nursing Home

Please note this form is only for Recommendations & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required. Fields marked in red are required

(Please do no enter spaces)

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Northview Lodge Nursing Home and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

There are no jobs posted yet for Northview Lodge Nursing Home

Care Home Idol 2013

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Northview Lodge Nursing Home