Northview Lodge Nursing Home, Sunderland, Tyne & Wear

Northview Lodge Nursing Home care home offers Dementia and Residential care, Residents have a choice of lounge areas which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings. The home has a range of comfortable and well-equipped bedrooms.

Chefs at Northview Lodge pride themselves on knowing the tastes of Residents and preparing a choice of home cooked, fresh, nutritional meals and catering for any dietary and cultural needs. At HC-One, experienced Home Managers and members of staff ensure kindness is at the heart of everything they do.

Person in charge: Gary Sober (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Sunderland City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 45 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alcohol Dependence (past or present) • Alzheimer's • Asperger Syndrome • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cerebral Palsy • Challenging Behaviour • Down Syndrome • Head/Brain Injury • Huntington's Disease • Parkinson's Disease • Schizophrenia • Stroke

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Independent Living Training • Separate EMI Unit • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Northview Lodge Nursing Home: click here

The user 'Review Score' (9.3 for Northview Lodge Nursing Home) is based on 17 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

Northview Lodge Nursing Home

All staff are approachable and have a lovely manner. The facilities for residents are excellent and there is plenty for them to do. Cleanliness and hygiene of the care home is outstanding. I feel my father is happy, safe and well looked after in here.

Northview Lodge Nursing Home

It was the date I moved in- since then I've thought the staff are very nice, really excellent they help and care. They are the best staff I've known, I have lived in a few homes and they are all horrible, they treated us like children, not residents, but since I've been here I've got a better quality of life since I moved here.

The home is nice.

How likely would you be to recommend Northview Lodge Nursing Home? Don't know

Northview Lodge Nursing Home

I enjoy being in Northview Lodge, I love to do activities, I like going bowling and cooking biscuits. I enjoy the bingo and staff are always here to help me with anything I need. I really enjoy all of my meals as the chef is a lovely cook.

Northview Lodge Nursing Home

I like it here at Northview, my room is nice with en-suite. We have lots going on here with singers, dancing and activities. I like to go to the shop daily which is no problem for the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Northview Lodge Nursing Home? Likely

Northview Lodge Nursing Home

I have been homeless and I have lived in a lot of care homes, This is the best home that I have lived in, because I've got friendship and the other people have the same problems with voices. We have got our GPs and hospital to look after me. I have carers that look after me too they are kind to me and I am happy here. The carers don't violate your civil rights.

Northview Lodge Nursing Home

Friendly caring staff. They not only support and care for the residents they offer help and advice to the family.

Northview Lodge Nursing Home

Highly recommend this home. Staff friendly and approachable. Excellent facilities.

Northview Lodge Nursing Home

People and staff are friendly.

Northview Lodge Nursing Home

Staff try their best at all times.

Northview Lodge Nursing Home

I have been going to the care home, going on nearly 10 years now. I've seen staff come and go, but nothing beats the staff they have now. We all have our ups and downs but the staff will come and cheer you up. I feel like a resident myself the way I get treated in a very nice way. Every month they put on a show for visitors and residents and they do enjoy them. They also go on days out. The home is really a nice friendly care home and I would recommend to anyone who's looking for a caring friendly home.

Northview Lodge Nursing Home

The home is always clean and tidy and staff are excellent and the management is excellent too. The home is a safe and secure place to live so that's why I would definately recommend the home to other people.

Northview Lodge Nursing Home

Staff are good and the meals are excellent. There are lots of activities within the home and we go out a lot. I am happy with the care I receive whilst living here and would like to recommend this home to people.

Northview Lodge Nursing Home

I have lived here for many years and always feel safe. I am treated with dignity and my parents come to visit twice a week are made to feel very welcome. I am supported at all times with my needs and if I want to go shopping I can be escorted.

Northview Lodge Nursing Home

Always clean, if I need help with anything the staff help, I recommend this home because I can have my animals (two cats and a snake), they are very happy for me to have them. There is a lot of activities I enjoy. The food is excellent as I choose it myself as I am the only vegetarian on the unit. I enjoy the time I spend with the staff and they sometimes take me out in the town shopping when arranged. Overall I recommend this nursing home for all ages.

Northview Lodge Nursing Home

I have lived here for a few years and would recommend Northview to anyone. I like living here and have made a few new friends. The staff are excellent and I really enjoy their company. My relatives are able to visit with no notice and as many times as they want. My relatives are made very welcome. My room is comfortable and I can have my own possessions in.

Northview Lodge Nursing Home

I would recommend this home to anybody because the care I get is outstanding. All the staff look after me with respect.

Submit a Review for Northview Lodge Nursing Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Northview Lodge Nursing Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Northview Lodge Nursing Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Northview Lodge Nursing Home