St Mary's Care Home

1 The Crescent, Linthorpe, Middlesbrough TS5 6SD

St Mary's Care Home, Middlesbrough, Cleveland & Teesside

St Mary’s aspires to high standards of personal care for nursing and residential requirements, including dementia care and care for those with Parkinson's and Huntington's disease. Respite and convalescence provision is also available from a team of professionals who prioritise the dignity and respect of each individual.

Situated in the rolling countryside in the village of Linthorpe, the facility has been purpose-built to provide comfortable and secure accommodation. Residents can eat and socialise in spacious dining rooms while enjoying well-furnished lounges, access to secure gardens and bedrooms with memory boxes to aid cognitive ability.

Freshly prepared meals are made to suit personal taste and diet, which are assessed soon after each client’s arrival.

Many group and individual activities add to the atmosphere of the home, including painting and gardening clubs, with themed events, such as garden parties, taking place each month.

Person in charge: Anthony Dulson (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Middlesbrough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 40 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Huntington's Disease • Parkinson's Disease

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Tagalog

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on St Mary's Care Home: click here

9.5 St Mary's Care Home has a Review Score of 9.5 (9.511)

The Review Score of 9.5 (maximum of 10) for St Mary's Care Home is based on 15 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.511 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.761 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 4.75 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

• The maximum Review Score for a care home / service is 10 and it is based on the published Reviews in the last 2 years. When a Review is submitted by someone who has previously submitted a Review, only the latest Review will count towards the Review Score.

The Review Score of 9.511 for St Mary's Care Home is based on 15 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.761 for St Mary's Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (142 Excellents x 5) + (33 Goods x 4) + (5 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 180 Ratings = 4.761

The Quantity Score of 4.75 for St Mary's Care Home is calculated as follows:

• We receive approximately 15% of Reviews/Recommendations through website submission and 85% of Reviews/Recommendations through Review/Recommendation Cards (only available to Enhanced / Premium Services more info).

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend St Mary's Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to St Mary's Care Home

The Overall Average of all the Ratings in the following

9 Reviews* is 4.7 out of 5

*The Average Rating only uses ratings from the 9 reviews. Ratings from the 6 recommendations are not used for the Average Rating as the rating options were limited to Excellent, Good and Satisfactory.

I visit the care home quite a lot. Always find it so friendly and welcoming. The summer fetes are brilliant and good day to be had. I love mixing with the wonderful staff and residents.

How likely would you be to recommend St Mary's Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at St Mary's Care Home responded to this review on 30 Aug 2016:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

St Mary's care home is a very friendly and welcoming home. On several visits I have found the staff and manager always being aware that all residents needs are met. Staff and residents are like one big family such a close bond with one another. The standard of cleanliness is very good and the residents seem to have a wide variety of meal choice. Always plenty of activities available. Altogether I would highly recommend st Mary's care home.

How likely would you be to recommend St Mary's Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rachel Elliott, Customer Service Administrator at St Mary's Care Home responded to this review on 30 Jun 2016:

I visited St Mary's to establish whether it was a suitable place for my father who has dementia and other health problems. The manager since that first day guided me through a very painful and emotional time. He advised when my Father would be ready to leave his home and started a strategy that would ease my Father into his new environment. By the time he was in need of the care home full time, my Father was happy in the company of the staff and his fellow residents! Dad has been living there now for almost 2 years and has settled really well, thanks to the staff. They are a good team and look after him on all levels, health, mind and spirit.
They are also appreciative of my situation and help me to deal with my own issues.
I feel welcome there and I know Dad feels at home. He enjoys his food and is aware of others and helped to interact more and join in activities. Just being in the company of others has helped. I am happy because I know he is safe and well looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend St Mary's Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rachel Elliott, Customer Service Administrator at St Mary's Care Home responded to this review on 24 Jun 2016:

I moved into St Mary's Care Home six months ago, I am well looked after and carers are great. I really enjoy the meals provided and activities. Lovely place to live.

How likely would you be to recommend St Mary's Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at St Mary's Care Home responded to this review on 10 Jun 2016:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

The management and staff within the home have worked wonders with my mother. They have managed to get her eating again and have made her into a more settled and happier person. The staff are caring, informative and helpful to both my mum, my family and in particular my father who comes with me to visit and also has learning disabilities. I can at last relax in the knowledge that she is well cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend St Mary's Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at St Mary's Care Home responded to this review on 20 May 2016:

Since my mother took up residence in St Mary's Care Home I have not had any worry about her. She was well looked after. The care she received in my opinion was first class. If there were problems they informed me instantly. The manager and staff are excellent to the needs of my mother.

How likely would you be to recommend St Mary's Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at St Mary's Care Home responded to this review on 18 May 2016:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience of our home and will share your comments with the home's manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

The care provided to my father was excellent. My father felt very comfortable and safe with all staff members which was of great comfort to the family. My father was treated with dignity and all staff displayed an inherent sense of care.

How likely would you be to recommend St Mary's Care Home? Extremely Likely

The care for my husband is first class. The staff are competent, dedicated, kind and fun to be with. The home is well run and well managed. The home has a friendly homely atmosphere.

How likely would you be to recommend St Mary's Care Home? Extremely Likely

I am extremely happy with the care my husband receives at St Mary's! All the staff are very caring and kind. The Manager and his team are very attentive and nothing is ever a problem. All the meals are delicious, highly nutritious and presented beautifully. I am always invited to dine with my husband, the whole team are so very generous. My husband is very lucky to be receiving such outstanding care! A big thank you to all at St Mary's.

How likely would you be to recommend St Mary's Care Home? Extremely Likely

My father became a resident of St Mary's approximately three weeks ago- he entered St Mary's extremely poorly. Anthony and the team have already had a significant positive impact on my fathers health. His mental health has improved drastically with visits to the park and local shops. All the staff are extremely kind, generous and caring towards my father and all of his visitors. I am very grateful for the care they are giving him. After not eating properly for nearly five months my father is eating and enjoying three delicious meals in addition to homemade treats throughout the day. The atmosphere in the home is warm and friendly from all members of staff! St Mary's provides an exceptional service to its all its residents and their families.

No Average Rating is available*

My brother in law has been at St Mary's for almost a year now. His care is exceptional. The staff are an amazing team. Their dedication surpasses all my expectations. They are all hard working, caring and fun. I don't think there is another job in the world as hard as this one. Not only do they take very good care of Reg they also support his wife Judith who has had found it very difficult coping with Reg's illness and the fact that he is no longer at home with her. They really are an amazing bunch and guided expertly under the care of the current Manager. Members of the family can't thank you enough.

No Average Rating is available*

I am very very pleased with St Marys Care Home (nursing home). My Mother is a resident here. She's deaf and has dementia, they always go the extra mile for her as they write everything down for her and are always polite and pleasant to her. They also treat myself and family very well too. When I visit I always ask if there's anything else my Mother needs and also provide myself with a cup of tea when they do their tea rounds. I'm always treated well and my Mother is well looked after, and kept up to date with her progress too.

No Average Rating is available*

My Mum's health has improved and her general well being, in the short time she has been a resident in the home. As a family we are pleased with her progress. The staff are welcoming and keep us informed about all aspects of mum's care. The manager is always on hand, friendly and approachable.

No Average Rating is available*

Very satisfied with the home as a whole, very clean and pleasant, staff take good care of my brother.

No Average Rating is available*

Cheryl Thompson is excellent along with all the rest of the team. Mum has first class care and St Mary's has become her home. I cannot recommend St Mary's highly enough. I am extremely happy that my mother was placed here. Many thanks to all staff.

Submit a Review for St Mary's Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at St Mary's Care Home