St Mary's Care Home

1 The Crescent, Linthorpe, Middlesbrough TS5 6SD

St Mary's Care Home, Middlesbrough, Cleveland & Teesside

St Mary’s aspires to high standards of personal care for nursing and residential requirements, including dementia care and care for those with Parkinson's and Huntington's disease. Respite and convalescence provision is also available from a team of professionals who prioritise the dignity and respect of each individual.

Situated in the rolling countryside in the village of Linthorpe, the facility has been purpose-built to provide comfortable and secure accommodation. Residents can eat and socialise in spacious dining rooms while enjoying well-furnished lounges, access to secure gardens and bedrooms with memory boxes to aid cognitive ability.

Freshly prepared meals are made to suit personal taste and diet, which are assessed soon after each client’s arrival.

Many group and individual activities add to the atmosphere of the home, including painting and gardening clubs, with themed events, such as garden parties, taking place each month.

Person in charge: Anthony Dulson (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Middlesbrough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 40 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Huntington's Disease • Parkinson's Disease

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Tagalog

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on St Mary's Care Home: click here

9.6 St Mary's Care Home has a Review Score of 9.6 (9.597)

The Review Score of 9.6 (maximum of 10) for St Mary's Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 9 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for St Mary's Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.722 for St Mary's Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (83 Excellents x 5) + (20 Goods x 4) + (5 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 108 Ratings = 4.722

2. 1 point is available for reaching a target number of Positive Reviews based on 20% of the number of registered beds. If the target is partially reached then that proportion of 1 point is given. eg a Care Home with 50 registered beds has a target of 10 Positive Reviews, if it has 10 or more Positive Reviews it will receive 1 point, if it has 7 reviews will receive 0.7 points.

The 4.875 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for St Mary's Care Home is based on 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 8 positive Reviews (40 registered beds ÷ 5). 7 Reviews ÷ 8 Target = 0.875

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend St Mary's Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to St Mary's Care Home

In unexpected circumstances my dad had to go into care as my mum was admitted to hospital. The staff from day one went above and beyond to not only help him settle but reassure family members. The care observed was second to none and nothing was too much trouble. Sadly my mum passed away and the funeral today could not have been bearable without the staff's care and help. They not only provided care for my dad but support for my family and me. To date, I cannot fault any aspect of this care and as a qualified nurse, it reassures me that the care in this home is excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend St Mary's Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at St Mary's Care Home responded to this review on 12 Jan 2017:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. Please accept our condolences. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

I visit the care home quite a lot. Always find it so friendly and welcoming. The summer fetes are brilliant and good day to be had. I love mixing with the wonderful staff and residents.

How likely would you be to recommend St Mary's Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at St Mary's Care Home responded to this review on 30 Aug 2016:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

St Mary's care home is a very friendly and welcoming home. On several visits I have found the staff and manager always being aware that all residents needs are met. Staff and residents are like one big family such a close bond with one another. The standard of cleanliness is very good and the residents seem to have a wide variety of meal choice. Always plenty of activities available. Altogether I would highly recommend st Mary's care home.

How likely would you be to recommend St Mary's Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rachel Elliott, Customer Service Administrator at St Mary's Care Home responded to this review on 30 Jun 2016:

I visited St Mary's to establish whether it was a suitable place for my father who has dementia and other health problems. The manager since that first day guided me through a very painful and emotional time. He advised when my Father would be ready to leave his home and started a strategy that would ease my Father into his new environment. By the time he was in need of the care home full time, my Father was happy in the company of the staff and his fellow residents! Dad has been living there now for almost 2 years and has settled really well, thanks to the staff. They are a good team and look after him on all levels, health, mind and spirit.
They are also appreciative of my situation and help me to deal with my own issues.
I feel welcome there and I know Dad feels at home. He enjoys his food and is aware of others and helped to interact more and join in activities. Just being in the company of others has helped. I am happy because I know he is safe and well looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend St Mary's Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rachel Elliott, Customer Service Administrator at St Mary's Care Home responded to this review on 24 Jun 2016:

The management and staff within the home have worked wonders with my mother. They have managed to get her eating again and have made her into a more settled and happier person. The staff are caring, informative and helpful to both my mum, my family and in particular my father who comes with me to visit and also has learning disabilities. I can at last relax in the knowledge that she is well cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend St Mary's Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at St Mary's Care Home responded to this review on 20 May 2016:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team

Since my mother took up residence in St Mary's Care Home I have not had any worry about her. She was well looked after. The care she received in my opinion was first class. If there were problems they informed me instantly. The manager and staff are excellent to the needs of my mother.

How likely would you be to recommend St Mary's Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at St Mary's Care Home responded to this review on 18 May 2016:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience of our home and will share your comments with the home's manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

The care provided to my father was excellent. My father felt very comfortable and safe with all staff members which was of great comfort to the family. My father was treated with dignity and all staff displayed an inherent sense of care.

How likely would you be to recommend St Mary's Care Home? Extremely Likely

The care for my husband is first class. The staff are competent, dedicated, kind and fun to be with. The home is well run and well managed. The home has a friendly homely atmosphere.

How likely would you be to recommend St Mary's Care Home? Extremely Likely

I am extremely happy with the care my husband receives at St Mary's! All the staff are very caring and kind. The Manager and his team are very attentive and nothing is ever a problem. All the meals are delicious, highly nutritious and presented beautifully. I am always invited to dine with my husband, the whole team are so very generous. My husband is very lucky to be receiving such outstanding care! A big thank you to all at St Mary's.

Submit a Review for St Mary's Care Home

Please avoid using names and enter a minimum of 200 and maximum of 1,000 characters - Currently 0 characters.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at St Mary's Care Home