Tollesby Hall Care Home, Middlesbrough, Cleveland & Teesside

Tollesby Hall Care Home located in Middlesbrough is a purpose-built 55 bedded facility offering Nursing and Residential care and care for people with physical disabilities, short term Respite and Specialist End of Life care.

At Tollesby Hall Residents have a choice of lounge areas which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings. Well-equipped bedrooms are bright, safe and comfortable.

Chefs at Tollesby Hall pride themselves on knowing the tastes of Residents and preparing a choice of home cooked, fresh, nutritional meals and catering for any dietary and cultural needs. At HC-One, experienced Home Managers and members of staff ensure kindness is at the heart of everything they do.

Person in charge: Janet Breckon (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Middlesbrough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 55 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: AIDS/HIV • Alcohol Dependence (past or present) • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Drug Dependence (past or present) • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Schizophrenia • Speech Impairment • Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Tollesby Hall Care Home: click here

The user Review Score of 9.3 for Tollesby Hall Care Home is based on 17 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 9.251 is made up of 4.633 Points relating to the ratings and 4.618 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

There is always a friendly and sincere greeting both to me and my husband when we enter Tollesby Hall. The staff (obviously led in a kindly but professional way) give excellent one to one attention in their dealings with talking and attending to the residents.

The care staff are lovely and always happy to help. My granny enjoys living at Tollesby and has many friends. Staff like to offer my granny assistance with the things she likes, for example having her lipstick and her hair done with a squirt of her perfume everyday.

How likely would you be to recommend Tollesby Hall Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

My Mum was at Tollesby Hall from April to August 2015 before passing away there. She used to say to me on a regular basis, "You could not have found a better place for me" and "everyone is so nice". Mum was looked after extremely well, all the staff are friendly, courteous and nothing was too much trouble, the staff always spoke to her (and the other residents) whenever they walked past asking how she was and sometimes stopping for a chat. They would push her in her wheelchair outside to the garden during the day and evening and let her enjoy the fresh air and sunshine, and she loved watching the various birds and animals visit the garden. Mum enjoyed the various activities that were offered when she was well enough to attend.
Mum had trouble eating and it was hard to find food she liked but whatever she asked for was made/cooked for her at any time of the day or night, again nothing was too much trouble.
I was in England from March until I returned to Australia in early May and felt relieved and at peace knowing Mum was in good hands, while at home the manager sent me regular email updates about Mum and I could ring her any time if I had any questions or just wanted to chat about Mum. When Mum became very ill, the Manager made the decision to transfer her from the residential level to the nursing level so she would be closer to the nurses and they could keep a close eye on her, which I was grateful for. I returned to England in July and spent most of my time at the Hall with Mum, my brother and step sister spent a lot of time with Mum at the Hall between April and August and we were all impressed and could not find fault with her care and treatment.
Mum had her birthday at the Hall and they put a really nice spread on.
I was with Mum when she passed away in the early hours of the morning and I could not have asked for better support and help than I received from the staff at that time.
When it was time to find a home for Mum I visited six different ones and decided on Tollesby Hall, all the family are glad I did.

How likely would you be to recommend Tollesby Hall Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

Marvellous caring team looked after the whole family. Mother was here for three months until her death. She couldn't have been anywhere better.

How likely would you be to recommend Tollesby Hall Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

I had an enjoyable day out and a nice experience, would recommend more outings.

How likely would you be to recommend Tollesby Hall Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

I have really enjoyed my respite care at Tollesby Hall. I have been on a trip out at Seahome, there is lovely staff at Tollesby.

How likely would you be to recommend Tollesby Hall Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

My aunt was diagnosed with Motor Neuron Disease in December 2014 and went to Tollesby Hall Nursing Care Home at the end of January 2015. I would like to thank the nurses and staff at the home for the care and dignity she received in her final day. The family spent lots of time with her towards the end and we were provided with privacy but at the same time were looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend Tollesby Hall Care Home? Likely

My mum has a degenerative illness that affects her in many different ways and the staff at Tollesby Hall Care Home are fantastic in the care they give her. The nurses are quick to note changes/infections and act appropriately. They keep me informed and involved. The carers care deeply for mum and the other residents and not only provide physical care but emotional support as they build friendships with residents and families. It is a lovely home with beautiful surroundings we are made welcome and mum is happy living here.

How likely would you be to recommend Tollesby Hall Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

I have found Tollesby Hall to be of a very good standard, the staff being very co operative and friendly. I would recommend this care service. The only thing I pick up on is the rooms at times could be tidier i.e hanging up of clothes.

How likely would you be to recommend Tollesby Hall Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

After caring for my mother for a considerable number of years it was not difficult to rehome her at Tollesby Hall. The standard of care is excellent, as are all other aspects of the home. She settled in very quickly and after as little as 4 weeks was actually calling it home.

How likely would you be to recommend Tollesby Hall Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

Take your family to Tollesby they are excellent brilliant nursing home. I would recommend it. The staff care for families as well as residents and we are always made welcome by all the staff. Since coming to Tollesby Robin has improved.

My husband and myself are both wheelchair users. He became aggressive due to epileptic seizures so my social worker had him admitted for respite. He has since become more forgetful and dependant on others due to more seizures. Because of my disability I am unable to care for him and I consider this establishment absolutely essential.

Best care home in the UK.

Staff are wonderful, caring and attentive. They keep you informed about the person in their care. The care home itself is lovely and clean, nicely decorated, homely, in fact its decor and furniture are very elegant. Staff 1st class, would highly recommend.

I called to visit the mother of a friend, She has been a wonderful person, and has spent her life being kind and helpful to many people. A proper Christian in fact. I was delighted by the improvement in her condition since her admittance to this home, despite her terminal status. I did thank the staff before leaving and their attitude to her was heart warming.

When entering this care home for the first time we were greeted by friendly staff. The care for my mother was outstanding. Nothing was too much trouble. Not only did they look after her they looked after us to. I would recommend Tollesby Hall to everyone looking for care for their relatives.

Our late mom 2002/2003 thought Tollesby Hall was brilliant - so did we - as the staff looked after all the residents very, very well. Mom after a very short time, thought of Tollesby Hall as 'home' - take me home, I'm tried.

Submit a Review for Tollesby Hall Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Tollesby Hall Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Tollesby Hall Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Tollesby Hall Care Home