Stockton Lodge Care Home, Stockton-on-Tees, Cleveland & Teesside

Stockton Lodge Care Home is located within a quiet residential area of Stockton on Tees, a purpose built 48 bedded accommodation offering Nursing and Residential care.

At Stockton Lodge Care Home Residents have a choice of lounge areas which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings. The home has a range of comfortable and well-equipped bedrooms; with views of the courtyard garden and surrounding woodland.

At Stockton Lodge, Chefs pride themselves on knowing the tastes of Residents and preparing a choice of home cooked, fresh, nutritional meals and catering for any dietary and cultural needs. At HC-One, experienced Home Managers and members of staff ensure kindness is at the heart of everything they do.

Person in charge: Lisa Morhead (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 48 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alcohol Dependence (past or present) • Cancer Care • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Minibus or other transport • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Stockton Lodge Care Home: click here

The user Review Score of 9.5 for Stockton Lodge Care Home is based on 27 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 9.470 is made up of 4.47 Points relating to the ratings and 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

This is a lovely place for my mother and I am happy she is here.

How likely would you be to recommend Stockton Lodge Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

In my opinion the above care home provided a good service to my mother and pursued all medical matters either nurse or doctor.

How likely would you be to recommend Stockton Lodge Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

I love my new room, I am well looked after, I am safe. Like joining in activities, like a good dance and sing along.

How likely would you be to recommend Stockton Lodge Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

I cannot praise this more highly, the staff are caring and very much into the care and wellbeing of the residents. My son was a resident there for twelve years until September 2015 when he died. He had M.S and when he was put on the (pathway) when he was in hospital and no more could be done for him. The home let him come back because it was his home, and he was blessed every day. The staff and manager were wonderful the 15 days it took for my son to close his eyes.

How likely would you be to recommend Stockton Lodge Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

Staff are friendly and caring, treating residents as individuals each with there own characters. They also welcome and are thoughtful and helpful to people who visit residents. For those able to be involved there are suitable activities and a range of game activities and visiting entertainers. The environment is very pleasant with gardens and a woodland setting.

How likely would you be to recommend Stockton Lodge Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

All the staff at Stockton Lodge were very caring to all my family, in my Mam's time there even though it was only a week we could not have found a nicer place . The staff were very helpful in my Mam's final days making sure she was comfortable and looked after, us as well.

How likely would you be to recommend Stockton Lodge Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

When I viewed Stockton Lodge for the first time, I was touched by the homely atmosphere, and appearance of the place.
All of the staff are fantastic.
This is not just a job to them. They genuinely care about the people in their charge.
My husband is treated like one of the family, and nothing is too much trouble for them.

Residents families are also made very welcome. I feel as though I have been friends with the staff for a long time.
I couldn't believe my eyes, when I discovered the visitors coffee making facilities, and homemade cakes - which are delicious.

I really like the idea of the raised flower bed in the centre courtyard. It is great for people who love gardening.

Stockton Lodge is in a lovely location. Even though it is situated at the edge of Stockton, with a housing estate close by, one gets the feeling of being in the country. It is surrounded by trees, and has a peaceful atmosphere.

Unfortunately, my husband is 'nil by mouth', so I cannot comment on residents food.
I do know that it looks and smells good, though.

My husband loves living at Stockton Lodge, and being spoiled by all of those ladies.

How likely would you be to recommend Stockton Lodge Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

The home is very nice and friendly but sometimes there seems to be not enough time from carers as they can be very busy at times. But I am satisfied most of the time.

I would recommend a friend to stay at Stockton Lodge as I have had my sister stay for respite. The staff are caring, they understand their jobs but they do get tired after long shifts.

The service is really good, I have no complaints. The carers are great and always helpful. I am unable to see as my sight is failing so everyone is most helpful and pleasant.

I was reluctant to put my Mum in a nursing home but working full time it was a hard decision - along with the rest of the family. Once Mum was at Stockton Lodge she was well cared for and soon settled into a routine. Not the same as being at home but the next best thing, making friends with other residents. The residents look out for each other too. One lady was given a biscuit and broke it in half to share with Mum. There was no need to share as there is always plenty but I found it endearing. As Mum's life is ebbing away the carers have exceeded themselves, treating Mum with great care, compassion and lots of love and affection and cuddles. I cant ask for more. the setting of Stockton Lodge Nursing & Care Home is tranquil with an abundance of flowers, trees and bird-life, which Mum enjoys, as do the family when visiting.

How likely would you be to recommend Stockton Lodge Care Home? Likely

On arrival at Stockton Lodge, I am always greeted in a very happy and professional manner. The staff are thoughtful, caring and conscientious. My father can be difficult man at times, but all the staff there take it all in there stride, nothing is ever to much trouble. I feel my father could not get better care service.
My thoughts and regards go out to all the staff as they continually give all the support and care my father could ever wish for.

How likely would you be to recommend Stockton Lodge Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

When visiting my Mother I am always made welcome.

How likely would you be to recommend Stockton Lodge Care Home? Likely

Staff are friendly, go out of their way to help. My mother is profoundly deaf and the staff have started to learn sign language so that they can communicate with her.

Very pleasant surroundings, supported by very friendly staff who care.

I found Stockton Lodge very homely and friendly and would recommend it to people. The staff are friendly and helpful and feel comfortable around the facilities.

Good all round home, clean and cared for well. Activities especially good. Staff work extremely hard for all residents with so many different difficulties. Could do with more staff.

Staff are helpful and pleasant. They take time to talk to residents and treat them as individuals. They are kind to visitors eg I help give meals to my wife and always offered food to share meals with her.

Staff are friendly, caring and professionally skilled. The home and surroundings are very pleasant, the food is varied and well prepared and I would recommend the Stockton Lodge to anyone trying to decide where to obtain the care for a relative.

Very welcoming place, with outstanding staff, always there for residents and visitors. Great managers too.

Pleasant outlook, mam has come on since being here approximately 15 months, good activities and well cared for.

After visiting several care homes Stockton Lodge Fulfilled all my wishes, and after two years this still stands today.

A friendly place to be in, opportunity to be yourself other than being pushed into a box. Pleasant surroundings, not overlooked and private. Most staff are always willing to help when needed.

The care and facilities are very good, very outgoing, the staff can't do enough for me and the food is good with a variety of choices available. I am satisfied with the care that the home provides.

I would recommend Stockton Lodge because there is a good choice of meals provided. Staff are friendly and helpful. The wild birds and squirrels visit my bird table every day, which I love to watch and feed them. The activities are good and the trips out are also good.

I would recommend Stockton Lodge as the staff are very good in what they do. They take care of me very well, and the meals are very nice. We have our own pub and I often go and have a couple of pints and a game of bingo. I have made loads of friends at Stockton Lodge, I would recommend the home to my friends.

My sister and I were devastated when our mum had her stroke last October. After being in hospital and rehab, we were advised to look for long term care. We visited many on the list Social Services provided, and also walked out of many on the list.! We actually visited Stockton Lodge twice before deciding. We were shown compassion and care and it was on this basis we decided on Stockton Lodge. The staff work very hard to make mum's 'New Home' 'Home from Home'.

Submit a Review for Stockton Lodge Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Stockton Lodge Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Stockton Lodge Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Stockton Lodge Care Home