Victoria House Care Home

Bath Lane, Stockton-on-Tees TS18 2DX

Victoria House Care Home, Stockton-on-Tees, Cleveland & Teesside

Victoria House Care Home is located within a residential area close to Stockton on Tees town centre, a purpose built 70 bedded property offering Dementia Nursing and Residential care.

Residents have a choice of lounge areas which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings. The home has a range of comfortable and well-equipped bedrooms; some rooms also have views across the garden.

Chefs at Victoria House pride themselves on knowing the tastes of Residents and preparing a choice of home cooked, fresh, nutritional meals and catering for any dietary and cultural needs. At HC-One, experienced Home Managers and members of staff ensure kindness is at the heart of everything they do.

Person in charge: Tamsin Ryan (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 70 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alcohol Dependence (past or present) • Alzheimer's • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cancer Care • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Drug Dependence (past or present) • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Prader-Willi Syndrome • Schizophrenia • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Separate EMI Unit • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Victoria House Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.6 (maximum of 10) for Victoria House Care Home is based on 32 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.599 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.685 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 4.914 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 9.599 for Victoria House Care Home is based on 32 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.685 for Victoria House Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (237 Excellents x 5) + (72 Goods x 4) + (15 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 324 Ratings = 4.685

The Quantity Score of 4.914 for Victoria House Care Home is calculated as follows:

Further to my previous comment I agreed to three months to see if things improved. I am pleased to say great steps have been applied and maintained and my mother is beginning to be treated in a better way and standards in all areas are being raised.

How likely would you be to recommend Victoria House Care Home? Likely

My father was a client at this home for a number of years before he died. I used to visit every day and still do but not as often as I used to. Over the years I have visited the home, I have never had or seen any mistreatment of any of the clients by the staff.
The staff have always been polite and caring and courteous to myself and the clients. I couldn't fault the way they cared for my dad right up to the day he died. Other homes in the company at the time had a bad report but nothing I saw in and around the care home was of a low standard.

How likely would you be to recommend Victoria House Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mum came into Victoria House after a stay in hospital. She is well cared for, she is treated with dignity at all times. The staff are friendly and approachable. Mum has complex needs and is now settled and well cared for. The food is well prepared and well presented and nutritional. The home has a friendly atmosphere and is always clean.

How likely would you be to recommend Victoria House Care Home? Extremely Likely

We have always been made welcome and at home.

How likely would you be to recommend Victoria House Care Home? Extremely Likely

The staff are caring, honest, 24 hr care excellent. Food was disgusting when mother was first admitted after discussion things improved and meals are now eaten and enjoyed. We would like to thank all staff for caring about our mother at this time in her life and also to inform you that the home as really improved. My mother will miss all the staff and has improved since being admitted.

How likely would you be to recommend Victoria House Care Home? Likely

I cannot commend Victoria House enough for the care and compassion shown to my mother-in-law and members of our family. We treat Victoria House as her home - nothing is too much trouble for the staff and by extension they look after us too!

How likely would you be to recommend Victoria House Care Home? Extremely Likely

My sister had a stroke at home August 2015, she was taken to North Tees Hospital where she spent about 6-7 weeks recuperating. It was obvious that she would need further care so we searched for a home that provided nursing care and came up with Victoria Nursing home and we are so pleased with our choice because we have found the care, food, room etc to be excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Victoria House Care Home? Extremely Likely

I cant recommend Victoria House enough from day one they have been so caring not just to my nana but to my whole family making us feel welcome and that my nana is in truly good hands. Victoria House have been fantastic in keeping us updated regularly. They make you feel welcome and are always helpful day or night. Thank you Victoria House (Victoria Wing) for all the care so far words cant thank you enough just knowing my Nana is safe and well looked after. I would highly recommend Victoria House after having looked around this is by far the best.

How likely would you be to recommend Victoria House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Victoria house nursing, what an outstanding home my dad recently died in there and I just want to say if anyone is looking in the future for a nursing home then this one comes highly recommended, the staff are truly amazing girls and will go to great lengths not only for the residents but the family as well.
We see all bad press about these places it's why I'm posting this about this one, when my dad first went in we didn't think he would make his birthday, so these helped us make his birthday happen sooner, they baked a cake decorated his room etc. Made it real and did the same on his real birthday.
They made me feel so welcome I can't say enough good things about this nursing home or the staff other than I couldn't of wished for a better place for my dad to be in.

How likely would you be to recommend Victoria House Care Home? Extremely Likely

For looking after my mother, I am very happy with all the help and aftercare given to her by all the staff. The home and the bedrooms, corridors are all kept up to a 5 star rating and the staff are so friendly and helpful at all times. Mam does not want for anything so with this we would not put her anywhere else. Many thanks, to all at Victoria House Care Home. Keep it going.

How likely would you be to recommend Victoria House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Very clean, staff are credit to their professions and to the folks they care and support. It is a pleasure putting the care and safety of my loved one into your hands. I can sleep well at night knowing where she is thank you all so very very much.

How likely would you be to recommend Victoria House Care Home? Extremely Likely

My friend was taken into Victoria House Care Home from hospital for "end of life care". I can't praise the staff enough. They were so very kind and caring. My friend had a very peaceful passing away due to the care, dignity and atmosphere of Victoria House Care Home, it was wonderful.

How likely would you be to recommend Victoria House Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother went from hospital into Victoria House Care Home for "end of life care". Sadly she only lived for 16 hours but the care, respect and love from all the staff was wonderful. Not only mum but myself also. They made my mums last few hours so peaceful and calm. It was sad when mum passed away but she was in a lovely place and so well looked after. The home is the best I have been in. Wish I had found it in the last years. Thank you, thank you to everyone concerned. I will never forget them.

How likely would you be to recommend Victoria House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Since my dad has been in here he has been looked after very well and we couldn't ask for better care for him. All the staff are really lovely and very helpful. I would recommend 100%.

My mother was a social recluse until she moved into Victoria House. The staff encouraged and supported her to become sociable and outgoing. The admission to the home was the best decision as a family we made and for us no care home could surpass Victoria House.

How likely would you be to recommend Victoria House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Everyone was really helpful and very kind.

How likely would you be to recommend Victoria House Care Home? Extremely Likely

I am a resident in Victoria House Care Home. I think the care is fantastic and am looked after with dignity and kindness. Love all the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Victoria House Care Home? Extremely Likely

I would recommend this care home to other people because it is really good and friendly.

It's a good home, you get looked after very well. The staff are excellent.

The home is very efficient the staff are very kind and caring. All my friends comment how good this care home is compared to others. It's first class here, the staff always make my visitors feel welcome.

The staff are good, I enjoy the pet therapy.

My mother has excellent nursing and care at Victoria House. She is bedridden and cannot feed herself, but staff are very loving and patient with her, considering she gets a bit aggressive sometimes. I cannot imagine she would get better care and attention anywhere else. Nurses and staff make all the family welcome to visit any time we want to come day or night. She is always made very comfortable.

On admission after being neglected in hospital my mother was made welcome and given immediate care. The family are always made welcome. As her needs have changed Victoria House have met her requirements. They keep us informed when she is ill or has hurt herself. I have no problem in recommending this home to others.

As you can see by my consistently excellent scores on your survey of all aspects of Victoria House below. Both me and my sisters are always very happy with the standard of my Mum's care. In October however when my mum became very poorly the staff became superlative in every way in caring for her and us! We quite simply could not recommend your wonderful home , staff and their genuine care highly enough. Thank You!

I would recommend Victoria House. The staff and management are friendly and cater for my fathers needs, also speak to me and my family and let us know if dad has any problems.

residents are treated with respect and their needs are met. Staff are caring and overall the home provides a really good experience for both residents and family.

Nice environment, staff very nice. Made to feel welcome, all very helpful.

Taking great care of my dad. They are patient and understanding of his needs and he is well looked after and we have no worries. Staff are always polite and always make me feel welcome.

excellent friendly service, always made very welcome. All staff of exceptional from manager to domestics, carers were second to none. Nurses and RGN were always available and answered any questions (medically) with no problems, was always kept updated with any changes. Cannot thank staff enough, brilliant all round, thank you.

Leaving rehab but not yet ready to come home.

I was very impressed with the care my dad received in this care home. I would highly recommend this home to anyone. Staff were brilliant and the care was great, they were very friendly and the manager was lovely, made my dad feel very welcome.

I was very impressed with the care my father in law received in this care home. I would highly recommend this home. The staff were brilliant and the care was great, they were very friendly and the manager was lovely, made my father i law feel very welcome.

Submit a Review for Victoria House Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Victoria House Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Victoria House Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Victoria House Care Home