Barchester The Hawthorns Care Centre, North Blunts, Peterlee, Durham
Barchester The Hawthorns Care Centre
Barchester The Hawthorns Care Centre

Tel: 0191 587 1251

A modern, purpose-built care home, The Hawthorns is set in a peaceful residential area of Peterlee. We provide first-class 24-hour nursing care alongside expert care for those with a dementia in our Memory Lane Community. We also provide a Neurological Rehabilitation service for younger adults and cater for respite stays.

Our team of highly-qualified and attentive staff really focus on the individual needs of our residents with a tailored care plan for each person. And our dedication can be seen across the board - in our cooking, hospitality and in organising activities for our residents.

We think you'll find we're ideally suited to meet your needs. Drop in for a cup of tea and see us at our best.

Group: Barchester Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Alison King (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Durham County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 103 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Admission Information: Sep unit for EMI patients @ Seaham Hse. Neu Rehab 18+. Ages 18+.

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Independent Living Training • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Barchester The Hawthorns Care Centre: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Barchester The Hawthorns Care Centre

(We currently have 7 Neurological Services beds available - please call Alsion King, General Manager or Simon Richell for further information)
posted 26 Sep 2014

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Barchester The Hawthorns Care Centre

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.2 for Barchester The Hawthorns Care Centre) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Barchester The Hawthorns Care Centre

The home is very friendly. You can visit anytime you like. It is very clean and the food is very good. You can make drinks when you like. The staff are very friendly and they do their very best for my mother. I feel that my mother is very safe in Hawthorns.

Submitted by Janet E (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Thursday 25 September 2014.

Review of Barchester The Hawthorns Care Centre

Whilst visiting my brother-in-law at the above care home I found the staff to be informative, attentive and knowledgeable. The meals were freshly cooked and catered to individual needs. The home itself was clean, well presented with a happy atmosphere.

Submitted by Diane C (Sister-in-law of Resident/Service User) on Thursday 18 September 2014.

Review of Barchester The Hawthorns Care Centre

I feel this home provides great care for my wife I am very happy with the staff and support they offer.

Submitted by Brian N (Husband of Resident/Service User) on Thursday 18 September 2014.

Review of Barchester The Hawthorns Care Centre

An exceptional care home. My mother has been in this home for 4 weeks and she has gained 1 1/2 stone in weight. She has gone from strength to strength, from only been given 1 week to live she is still here with us.

Submitted by Diane H (Daughter of resident) on Tuesday 29 July 2014.

Review of Barchester The Hawthorns Care Centre

I can not fault this home. If you need any help for information there is always someone to talk to. I would recommend this home very highly to anyone.

Submitted by Wendy K (Resident) on Wednesday 18 June 2014.

Review of Barchester The Hawthorns Care Centre

Would highly recommend, best in the area. I have recommend Hawthorns to others as care is excellent, always a shoulder to cry on if needed, the staff have become family to me.

Submitted by Eva B (Wife of resident) on Friday 2 May 2014.

Review of Barchester The Hawthorns Care Centre

The staff are extremely caring and knowledgeable. I don't know anywhere else that could give my daughter the level of care she is receiving.

Submitted by Gillian Riddell (Parent of Service User) on Wednesday 30 April 2014.

Review of Barchester The Hawthorns Care Centre

Hawthorns Care Centre has an excellent standard of care and cleanliness, with very caring staff who treat the resident with dignity, which is most important in their twilight years.

Submitted by Margaret N (Daughter of resident) on Wednesday 23 April 2014.

Review of Barchester The Hawthorns Care Centre

My Husband has been here of eight years now and I'm treated like part of the team. I would not put him anywhere else.

Submitted by Sheila W (Wife of Resident) on Wednesday 9 April 2014.

Review of Barchester The Hawthorns Care Centre

My mother has been a resident here for almost two years. My sister and I have found the staff to be friendly and caring. The nursing floor has access to medical facilities which my mother needs, which were not available at her last home.

Submitted by Lynn C (Daughter of resident) on Tuesday 8 April 2014.

Review of Barchester The Hawthorns Care Centre

Would haven no hesitation in recommending the above unit as a care home facility.

Submitted by Jeff G (Son of Resident) on Tuesday 8 April 2014.

Review of Barchester The Hawthorns Care Centre

I have found staff to be friendly, welcoming and caring. The ambience of Hawthorns is first rate - from coming through the door to leaving. My contact with management has shown them to be efficient and pleasant. The rooms and facilities, are excellent and even though my wife is bedridden, help is maximised. Her room is spotless and comfortable. She seems to enjoy her food - and is HAPPY!

Submitted by James Nicholson (Husband of resident) on Monday 7 April 2014.

Review of Barchester The Hawthorns Care Centre

My Mum was admitted here for palliative care and being a retired nurse I must admit I was very anxious about the care she would receive. I was very quickly reassured. The care she received was outstanding. The staff are caring, experienced and professional. They couldn't do enough for my Mum or us , her family. We would highly recommend this home.

Submitted by doreen copeland (Care home purchaser) on Tuesday 10 December 2013.

Review of Barchester The Hawthorns Care Centre

I recommend this Home highly & am eternally grateful to the dedicated staff in the way they attended to my Mother's nursing in her final days. The home offers the highest standards in professionalism when it comes to palliative care, offering compassion, dignity and privacy to residents and relatives alike. My thanks in particular to the two Nurses called Sharon, carers Joanne , Bronwyn, George and Aaron who were there at all times to attend to Mother's needs... Myself and two brothers are all of the same opinion in that we wished Mother had entered the Hawthorns sooner than when she was in a different care home...

Submitted by Keith Mullen (Mother was a resident there) on Thursday 28 November 2013.

Review of Barchester The Hawthorns Care Centre

Wonderful, kind and thoughtful care of a very high standard. Nothing was too much trouble and the staff informed you of events as they occurred. Truly outstanding care.

Submitted by Joan Ward (Daughter of resident) on Monday 14 January 2013.

Review of Barchester The Hawthorns Care Centre

My mother spent the last two weeks of her life at Hawthorns. During that time the staff and quality of care and dignity shown during this time made her passing so much easier to bare. I can't praise the staff enough, their compassion and understanding was exceptional. I would not hesitate to recommend Hawthorns to anyone else in a similar situation to myself and my family.

Submitted by Helen A (Daughter of resident) on Monday 14 January 2013.

Submit a Recommendation for Barchester The Hawthorns Care Centre

(please write a short headline summary)

There are no jobs posted yet for Barchester The Hawthorns Care Centre

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Barchester The Hawthorns Care Centre