Barchester The Hawthorns Care Centre, North Blunts, Peterlee, Durham
Barchester The Hawthorns Care Centre
Barchester The Hawthorns Care Centre

Tel: 0191 587 1251

A modern, purpose-built care home, The Hawthorns is set in a peaceful residential area of Peterlee. We provide first-class 24-hour nursing care alongside expert care for those with a dementia in our Memory Lane Community. We also provide a Neurological Rehabilitation service for younger adults and cater for respite stays.

Our team of highly-qualified and attentive staff really focus on the individual needs of our residents with a tailored care plan for each person. And our dedication can be seen across the board - in our cooking, hospitality and in organising activities for our residents.

We think you'll find we're ideally suited to meet your needs. Drop in for a cup of tea and see us at our best.

Owner: Barchester Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Alison King (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Durham County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 103 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Admission Information: Sep unit for EMI patients @ Seaham Hse. Neu Rehab 18+. Ages 18+.

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Independent Living Training • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Barchester The Hawthorns Care Centre: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Barchester The Hawthorns Care Centre

(We curretnly have 2 Elderly Frail Nursing Bedsand 4 Neurological Services beds available - please call Alsion King, General Manager for further information)
posted 27 Mar 2014

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Barchester The Hawthorns Care Centre

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.9 for Barchester The Hawthorns Care Centre) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Barchester The Hawthorns Care Centre on Wednesday 23 April 2014 by Margaret N (Daughter of resident)

Hawthorns Care Centre has an excellent standard of care and cleanliness, with very caring staff who treat the resident with dignity, which is most important in their twilight years.

Review of Barchester The Hawthorns Care Centre on Wednesday 9 April 2014 by Sheila W (Wife of Resident)

My Husband has been here of eight years now and I'm treated like part of the team. I would not put him anywhere else.

Review of Barchester The Hawthorns Care Centre on Tuesday 8 April 2014 by Lynn C (Daughter of resident)

My mother has been a resident here for almost two years. My sister and I have found the staff to be friendly and caring. The nursing floor has access to medical facilities which my mother needs, which were not available at her last home.

Review of Barchester The Hawthorns Care Centre on Tuesday 8 April 2014 by Jeff G (Son of Resident)

Would haven no hesitation in recommending the above unit as a care home facility.

Review of Barchester The Hawthorns Care Centre on Monday 7 April 2014 by James Nicholson (Husband of resident)

I have found staff to be friendly, welcoming and caring. The ambience of Hawthorns is first rate - from coming through the door to leaving. My contact with management has shown them to be efficient and pleasant. The rooms and facilities, are excellent and even though my wife is bedridden, help is maximised. Her room is spotless and comfortable. She seems to enjoy her food - and is HAPPY!

Review of Barchester The Hawthorns Care Centre on Tuesday 10 December 2013 by doreen copeland (Care home purchaser)

My Mum was admitted here for palliative care and being a retired nurse I must admit I was very anxious about the care she would receive. I was very quickly reassured. The care she received was outstanding. The staff are caring, experienced and professional. They couldn't do enough for my Mum or us , her family. We would highly recommend this home.

Review of Barchester The Hawthorns Care Centre on Thursday 28 November 2013 by Keith Mullen (Mother was a resident there)

I recommend this Home highly & am eternally grateful to the dedicated staff in the way they attended to my Mother's nursing in her final days. The home offers the highest standards in professionalism when it comes to palliative care, offering compassion, dignity and privacy to residents and relatives alike. My thanks in particular to the two Nurses called Sharon, carers Joanne , Bronwyn, George and Aaron who were there at all times to attend to Mother's needs... Myself and two brothers are all of the same opinion in that we wished Mother had entered the Hawthorns sooner than when she was in a different care home...

Review of Barchester The Hawthorns Care Centre on Monday 14 January 2013 by Joan Ward (Daughter of resident)

Wonderful, kind and thoughtful care of a very high standard. Nothing was too much trouble and the staff informed you of events as they occurred. Truly outstanding care.

Review of Barchester The Hawthorns Care Centre on Monday 14 January 2013 by Helen A (Daughter of resident)

My mother spent the last two weeks of her life at Hawthorns. During that time the staff and quality of care and dignity shown during this time made her passing so much easier to bare. I can't praise the staff enough, their compassion and understanding was exceptional. I would not hesitate to recommend Hawthorns to anyone else in a similar situation to myself and my family.

Submit a Recommendation for Barchester The Hawthorns Care Centre

Please note this form is only for Recommendations & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required. Fields marked in red are required

(Please do no enter spaces)

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Barchester The Hawthorns Care Centre and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

There are no jobs posted yet for Barchester The Hawthorns Care Centre

Care Home Idol 2013

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Barchester The Hawthorns Care Centre