Jack Dormand Care Home, Horden, Peterlee, Durham

Tel: 0191 518 0542

Jack Dormand Care Home is located close to the North East coastline, in the heart of Horden, County Durham, a purpose built 43 bedded accommodation offering Dementia, Nursing and Residential care.

Residents at Jack Dormand have a choice of lounge areas which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings. The quiet lounge is ideal for those who prefer more tranquil surroundings. Well-equipped bedrooms are safe and comfortable, many of which have pleasant sea views or views across the village.

Chefs at Jack Dormand pride themselves on knowing the tastes of Residents and preparing a choice of home cooked, fresh, nutritional meals and catering for any dietary and cultural needs. At HC-One, experienced Home Managers and members of staff ensure kindness is at the heart of everything they do.

Group: HC-One Ltd

Person in charge: Christine Martin (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Durham County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 43 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alcohol Dependence (past or present) • Alzheimer's • Asperger Syndrome • Autism/ASD • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cancer Care • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Down Syndrome • Drug Dependence (past or present) • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Multiple Sclerosis • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Schizophrenia • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Convalescent over 55 years of age. Ages 65+.

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Lift • Wheelchair access • Bar/Cafe on premises • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Jack Dormand Care Home: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Jack Dormand Care Home

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Jack Dormand Care Home

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.7 for Jack Dormand Care Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Jack Dormand Care Home on Tuesday 29 July 2014 by Barbara Ridley (Daughter of Resident)

Care home is really friendly and staff do a brilliant job seeing to the needs if residents. Staff are very approachable if any problems arise. Would well recommend home to anybody.

Review of Jack Dormand Care Home on Tuesday 29 July 2014 by Megan Wilson (Grandaughter of Resident)

I often find it difficult visiting my grandmother, but when I walk into the home I feel welcome and comfortable straight away.

Review of Jack Dormand Care Home on Tuesday 29 July 2014 by Isabel Wilson (Grandaughter of Resident)

I find the staff very professional with the residents, and also friendly and welcoming. The standard of care provided is extremely high. The staff help to create a welcoming environment which helps me when visiting my grandmother.

Review of Jack Dormand Care Home on Monday 14 July 2014 by Mary D (Wife of Resident)

My Husband has been in this home for almost a year and in all that time myself and my family have never found fault in the care and attention given to my husband.

Review of Jack Dormand Care Home on Monday 14 July 2014 by Janet P (Daughter of Resident)

Our mother has been very happy the time she has been here. There is nothing at this moment that we can think of anything to recommend. The staff are excellent and very thoughtful, and our mother speaks very highly of them all.

Review of Jack Dormand Care Home on Monday 14 July 2014 by Melanie O (Daughter of Resident)

I would recommend this care home for an award because of the excellent care that they have given my dad. Also a very clean and pleasant home with very caring and friendly staff. A good range of activities is also available for the residents.

Review of Jack Dormand Care Home on Monday 14 July 2014 by Jennifer W (Daughter of Resident)

The staff are very friendly and approachable you can discuss anything with them they are all very helpful.

Review of Jack Dormand Care Home on Monday 14 July 2014 by Yvonne N (Sister of Resident)

My sister Moira is a resident of Jack Dormand, and is very well cared for. The staff are all good with Moira she likes to take time to talk to the staff and always has a good word about them. I've had meals with my sister at the home and found them very nice. The home is always very clean.

Review of Jack Dormand Care Home on Tuesday 24 June 2014 by Marny Rogers (Daughter of resident)

I recommend this care home as all the staff are very friendly. It is very clean and all the residents are well looked after. We moved my dad from a previous care home due to neglect and we are so pleased we moved him here. My dad has settled into this home and as this is my dad's new home this is very important. I feel, as his daughter, I can come here and I'm made welcome every time. All the staff are very caring. You can talk and discuss situations with the staff at anytime. The staff care about their residents and this is the main reason why.

Review of Jack Dormand Care Home on Wednesday 11 June 2014 by Ann P (Best Friend of Resident)

Tom has never been so happy and relaxed since he came here his whole demeanour has changed for the better the staff are so caring and helpful, they treat him like family. Nothing lacking at all.

Review of Jack Dormand Care Home on Tuesday 3 June 2014 by Pauline Fisher (Cousin of resident)

First visit, very impressed. Found Tom very happy, a different person to last place. All round improvement because of real care.

Review of Jack Dormand Care Home on Friday 7 June 2013 by Ernest Nicholson (Visitor)

I have visited since it opened. My friends have since died, I have continued to visit residents as they are all my friends and the staff are especially my friends and they always make me very welcome.

Review of Jack Dormand Care Home on Friday 8 March 2013 by Eva D (Resident)

Staff are very friendly. I enjoy the meals we are served here. My room is comfortable. I like the activities when I feel able to join in.

Review of Jack Dormand Care Home on Friday 8 March 2013 by Terry S (Resident)

The care home has good food and has friendly staff. None of the staff or residents bully you, the rooms are satisfactory.

Review of Jack Dormand Care Home on Friday 8 March 2013 by Betty Leigh (Resident)

The home is nice and staff are very nice. I love my room, it makes me feel at home. The meals I have are tasty. I like to join in some activities and my family can visit anytime. The girls are fantastic.

Review of Jack Dormand Care Home on Friday 8 March 2013 by Doreen Mathews (Resident)

The care home is very good, the staff are very nice. The rooms are smashing and include everything I need.

Review of Jack Dormand Care Home on Friday 8 March 2013 by Margaret Donnell (Resident)

Very nice home, good choice of food. New decoration of the home. Staff are friendly and treat me like family, enjoy activities.

Submit a Recommendation for Jack Dormand Care Home

Please note this form is only for Recommendations & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required. Fields marked in red are required

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Jack Dormand Care Home and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

There are no jobs posted yet for Jack Dormand Care Home

Care Home Idol 2013

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Jack Dormand Care Home