Jack Dormand Care Home, Horden, Peterlee, Durham

Tel: 0191 518 0542

Jack Dormand Care Home is located close to the North East coastline, in the heart of Horden, County Durham, a purpose built 43 bedded accommodation offering Dementia, Nursing and Residential care.

Residents at Jack Dormand have a choice of lounge areas which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings. The quiet lounge is ideal for those who prefer more tranquil surroundings. Well-equipped bedrooms are safe and comfortable, many of which have pleasant sea views or views across the village.

Chefs at Jack Dormand pride themselves on knowing the tastes of Residents and preparing a choice of home cooked, fresh, nutritional meals and catering for any dietary and cultural needs. At HC-One, experienced Home Managers and members of staff ensure kindness is at the heart of everything they do.

Person in charge: Marie Shillaw (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Durham County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 43 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alcohol Dependence (past or present) • Alzheimer's • Asperger Syndrome • Autism/ASD • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cancer Care • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Down Syndrome • Drug Dependence (past or present) • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Multiple Sclerosis • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Schizophrenia • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Convalescent over 55 years of age. Ages 65+.

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Lift • Wheelchair access • Bar/Cafe on premises • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Jack Dormand Care Home: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Jack Dormand Care Home

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Jack Dormand Care Home

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.8 for Jack Dormand Care Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Jack Dormand Care Home

I find the carers and staff are very good. They really care for the people in their care. Nothing is a trouble for them. They may not come as soon as called but that is only because they are dealing with other residents. The cleaning staff are also very good, they are at all times I've been in cleaning of some sort. The food also is very good and varied. I can go home and know I have not any worries about him being in Jack Dormand Care Home.

Submitted by Mary E Dinning (Wife of Resident/Service User) on Tuesday 11 November 2014. Review relates to October 2014.

Review of Jack Dormand Care Home

Totally recommend this home to anyone. Excellent staff and my mom loves it here.

Submitted by Colin Matthews (Son of Resident/Service User) on Monday 3 November 2014. Review relates to July 2014.

Review of Jack Dormand Care Home

Care home is really friendly and staff do a brilliant job seeing to the needs if residents. Staff are very approachable if any problems arise. Would well recommend home to anybody.

Submitted by Barbara Ridley (Daughter of Resident) on Tuesday 29 July 2014.

Review of Jack Dormand Care Home

I often find it difficult visiting my grandmother, but when I walk into the home I feel welcome and comfortable straight away.

Submitted by Megan Wilson (Grandaughter of Resident) on Tuesday 29 July 2014.

Review of Jack Dormand Care Home

I find the staff very professional with the residents, and also friendly and welcoming. The standard of care provided is extremely high. The staff help to create a welcoming environment which helps me when visiting my grandmother.

Submitted by Isabel Wilson (Grandaughter of Resident) on Tuesday 29 July 2014.

Review of Jack Dormand Care Home

My Husband has been in this home for almost a year and in all that time myself and my family have never found fault in the care and attention given to my husband.

Submitted by Mary D (Wife of Resident) on Monday 14 July 2014.

Review of Jack Dormand Care Home

Our mother has been very happy the time she has been here. There is nothing at this moment that we can think of anything to recommend. The staff are excellent and very thoughtful, and our mother speaks very highly of them all.

Submitted by Janet P (Daughter of Resident) on Monday 14 July 2014.

Review of Jack Dormand Care Home

I would recommend this care home for an award because of the excellent care that they have given my dad. Also a very clean and pleasant home with very caring and friendly staff. A good range of activities is also available for the residents.

Submitted by Melanie O (Daughter of Resident) on Monday 14 July 2014.

Review of Jack Dormand Care Home

The staff are very friendly and approachable you can discuss anything with them they are all very helpful.

Submitted by Jennifer W (Daughter of Resident) on Monday 14 July 2014.

Review of Jack Dormand Care Home

My sister Moira is a resident of Jack Dormand, and is very well cared for. The staff are all good with Moira she likes to take time to talk to the staff and always has a good word about them. I've had meals with my sister at the home and found them very nice. The home is always very clean.

Submitted by Yvonne N (Sister of Resident) on Monday 14 July 2014.

Review of Jack Dormand Care Home

I recommend this care home as all the staff are very friendly. It is very clean and all the residents are well looked after. We moved my dad from a previous care home due to neglect and we are so pleased we moved him here. My dad has settled into this home and as this is my dad's new home this is very important. I feel, as his daughter, I can come here and I'm made welcome every time. All the staff are very caring. You can talk and discuss situations with the staff at anytime. The staff care about their residents and this is the main reason why.

Submitted by Marny Rogers (Daughter of resident) on Tuesday 24 June 2014.

Review of Jack Dormand Care Home

Tom has never been so happy and relaxed since he came here his whole demeanour has changed for the better the staff are so caring and helpful, they treat him like family. Nothing lacking at all.

Submitted by Ann P (Best Friend of Resident) on Wednesday 11 June 2014.

Review of Jack Dormand Care Home

First visit, very impressed. Found Tom very happy, a different person to last place. All round improvement because of real care.

Submitted by Pauline Fisher (Cousin of Resident/Service User) on Tuesday 3 June 2014.

Review of Jack Dormand Care Home

I have visited since it opened. My friends have since died, I have continued to visit residents as they are all my friends and the staff are especially my friends and they always make me very welcome.

Submitted by Ernest Nicholson (Visitor) on Friday 7 June 2013.

Review of Jack Dormand Care Home

Staff are very friendly. I enjoy the meals we are served here. My room is comfortable. I like the activities when I feel able to join in.

Submitted by Eva D (Resident) on Friday 8 March 2013.

Review of Jack Dormand Care Home

The care home has good food and has friendly staff. None of the staff or residents bully you, the rooms are satisfactory.

Submitted by Terry S (Resident) on Friday 8 March 2013.

Review of Jack Dormand Care Home

The home is nice and staff are very nice. I love my room, it makes me feel at home. The meals I have are tasty. I like to join in some activities and my family can visit anytime. The girls are fantastic.

Submitted by Betty Leigh (Resident) on Friday 8 March 2013.

Review of Jack Dormand Care Home

The care home is very good, the staff are very nice. The rooms are smashing and include everything I need.

Submitted by Doreen Mathews (Resident) on Friday 8 March 2013.

Review of Jack Dormand Care Home

Very nice home, good choice of food. New decoration of the home. Staff are friendly and treat me like family, enjoy activities.

Submitted by Margaret Donnell (Resident) on Friday 8 March 2013.

Submit a Recommendation for Jack Dormand Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Jack Dormand Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Jack Dormand Care Home