Peterlee Care Home, Peterlee, Durham

Situated in a residential area, this home is a modern purpose built home proving a high standard of residential care, residential and nursing care for people with dementia and care for people with learning disabilities. They also provide respite care to give home carers a much needed break and day care.

Professionals provide person centred care in three homely and welcoming units. The home is staffed by a team of professional registered nurses and dedicated carers who all have experience and training.

Staff are committed to providing the highest possible standards of care. Residents will be treated as individuals and cared for with respect and dignity within a safe, comfortable and homely environment which encourages independence where appropriate.

Group: Popular Care Ltd

Person in charge: Jackie Ife (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Durham County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 44 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Learning Disability • Old Age

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Peterlee Care Home: click here

There are currently no reviews for Peterlee Care Home

Submit a Review for Peterlee Care Home

• Reviews cannot be submitted anonymously through, we require the name and telephone/email of the reviewer and the option to share these with the care provider, so that we can properly authenticate reviews.

• All reviews are moderated before publication and the care provider may opt for the comment and ratings of a review not to be displayed (the ratings of the Review will still count towards the overall Review Score).

ASSISTANCE – If no assistance is being provided to a resident/service user to complete the review, please ignore the fields Assistant Name and Assistant Connection. If a relative or staff member is assisting, please can they provide their name (not published) and connection.

I certify this is my genuine opinion and in submitting it I agree to the terms and conditions on

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Peterlee Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Peterlee Care Home

Jackie Ife

Job Title: Manager

Joined: 2014

I have been the Registered Manager at Peterlee Care Home now for 9 months I have over 25 years experience working with the elderly. I oversee the day to day running of the home , I values the members of staff who make a very strong team, with many having been employed for a considerable amount of time, across all departments, I am passionate about providing a person centred approach to care ensuring a high service of care is maintained at all times, all staff within the home have completed mandatory training and work to high standards of care at all levels. The residents within the home have individual needs which are met by highly trained staff, I will endeavour to provide a high quality service were residents and their families are priority.

Lynn Coils

Job Title: Deputy Manager Clinical Lead/RMN

Joined: 2010

I am the Deputy Manager Clinical Lead/ RMN for Popular Care currently registered with the Quality Care commission, I hold a Diploma in Nursing Care as well as a Assessors Award D32 and D34 internal verifier award which ensures high quality care I also hold teaching qualifications enabling me to support all staff in the nursing home, we offer a diverse service.

Angela Rushton

Job Title: Activities Co-ordinator

Joined: 2005

I have worked at Peterlee Care Home for 10 Years as a Activities Co-Ordinator, I organise a full range activities for everyone to join in each day this includes arts and craft session, exercises, pampering days, day trips and out outside entertainers.

Adrian Coils

Job Title: Senior Care Asisstant (nights)

Joined: 2011

I am a Senior Carer on nights shift and I have worked at Peterlee Care Home for 4 years, I started as a Care Assistant three and a half years ago and worked my way up to become a Senior carer, I am hard working and committed to providing a person centred approach to care taking time to understand the service users needs

Andrea Watson

Job Title: Senior Carer

Joined: 2005

I have worked at Peterlee Care Home as a Senior Carer for 10 years I have a NVQ in Health and Social Care, I am highly competent and a enthusiastic carer with a passion for caring for others I have a proven ability to meet personal care needs of service users in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes their independence.

Trish Bayles

Job Title: Head Cook

Joined: 1993

I have worked at Peterlee Care Home at the Head Cook for 22 years, I am highly motivated and capable cook with a real passion for preparing popular, healthy and nutritious meals, having a hands on approach to all area's of the kitchen and possessing excellent organisational skills.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Peterlee Care Home