Chasedale Care Home, Blyth, Northumberland

Chasedale Care Home is located in Blyth and is close to shops, amenities, public transport and the A19 and A1 road links.
The beautiful Northumberland coast is close by.

This purpose built home offers accommodation in single occupancy rooms, all of which are with en-suite facilities.
The home also provides dementia care and in addition has a unique single sex male dementia unit.

Chasedale features TV lounges and a quiet sitting room for relaxation. Separate dining rooms, where residents can socialise at meal times, are also available. Traditional home cooking using fresh produce is served, with residents being able to select from the daily choices available. Special diets can be catered for.

Residents may benefit from the regular visits made to the home by an experienced hair stylist and qualified chiropodist.
If required, the home can also arrange for complementary therapies. Laundry for residents is undertaken by the home.

A good range of activities are also offered.

Group: Four Seasons Health Care

Person in charge: Lynette Elliott (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Northumberland County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 60 residents

Facilities & Services: Physiotherapy • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Chasedale Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.2 (maximum of 10) for Chasedale Care Home is based on 18 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.245 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.645 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 4.6 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 9.245 for Chasedale Care Home is based on 18 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.645 for Chasedale Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (146 Excellents x 5) + (55 Goods x 4) + (10 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 211 Ratings = 4.645

The Quantity Score of 4.6 for Chasedale Care Home is calculated as follows:

Since moving here in May my wife has been very happy, is well fed, has a good room and the care assistances are all excellent. Cannot ask for more.

How likely would you be to recommend Chasedale Care Home? Extremely Likely

The care staff are wonderful, very caring and attentive, friendly and approachable. My mother-in-law is very happy here.

How likely would you be to recommend Chasedale Care Home? Extremely Likely

My sister was in Chasedale Nursing Home for 2 and a half years before she died. She received excellent care, was always clean and comfortable, and apart from the care she received, the staff were very loving and caring towards her. She loved them all, and died peacefully in the home, with the girls caring for her. I can't praise the staff at Chasedale enough, nothing was ever a trouble for them, and I for one am very grateful for the love and care my sister received, and their kindness to me.

How likely would you be to recommend Chasedale Care Home? Extremely Likely

Mum has been at Chasedale for a relatively short time and isn't in a position to use all the facilities. The staff are the thing that makes a care home a home and our family have been very impressed with their friendly, personalised approach.

How likely would you be to recommend Chasedale Care Home? Extremely Likely

When my relative moved in 9 months ago I thought the home was rather basic and austere but the excellence of the staff and care has resulted in a great improvement to his physical health and wellbeing. I'm really impressed and grateful for the dedication of the staff dealing with many challenging cases. I now realise that the hard floors and safety measures which was initially off putting to myself are so valuable to the standard of care and beneficial to the dignity of residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Chasedale Care Home? Likely

Spotlessly clean. Staff are very good and also the meals are very good. The whole place is excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Chasedale Care Home? Extremely Likely

This is a thank you for all the care given to my husband. My dear late husband had Alzheimer's dementia and had been an inpatient in a centre then a week in another care home where it was felt he would be better in Chasedale care home. We appreciated all the places he was in where we had tremendous help and support for which I and our family and friends much appreciated. My husband settled well in Chasedale and all were so helpful and kind to him and to me and my family and friends. We had been looking forward to him finding a place we could be together more. Sadly it wasn't to be, he was taken to Wansbeck Hospital with severe chest pains he had bilateral pulmonary emboli. He was a week in Wansbeck where he again had wonderful care also from carers from Chasedale. He died on 30th April we are so grateful for kindness and care shown.

How likely would you be to recommend Chasedale Care Home? Extremely Likely

Whilst my wife was in Chasedale she seemed content with staff and management. I myself was happy with the place and majority of staff with their treatment of my wife and myself. The floor my wife was on was kept clean and tidy, any accidents by the residents were always cleaned up pretty promptly.

How likely would you be to recommend Chasedale Care Home? Likely

My husband was a resident at Chasedale for almost eight years. I didn't choose the care home it was by chance my husband came here. Had I looked around I don't think I would have chosen Chasedale as it didn't look as nice as some other places I had seen, However from day one he was cared for by wonderful team of people who over the years became like a family. They gave him love and excellent care and I can only say I am so grateful this is where my husband ended his days. He couldnt have been in a better place.

Chasedale is 100% excellent care. Perfect for my husband, he has been cared for for 5 years- excellent. Thank you to everyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Chasedale Care Home? Likely

Very happy with all care and how my husband is and when i visited they are all kind and help with all my needs and my husbands.

My father has no movement whatsoever and has never left his bed for 3 and half years. The nursing care he receives on the Chasedale nursing ward is excellent. The only time he has ever had bed sores is when he was moved into hospital for three days. Not only is the physical care excellent but the staff are friendly, helpful and generally could not do more for him. My father can still communicate, even with his dementia and the staff are always in and out of his room to keep him company. They have all without exception built up a close relationship with him.

I feel that my husband is well cared for and treated with respect and dignity. I am very satisfied with Chasedale.

How likely would you be to recommend Chasedale Care Home? Likely

I couldn't wish for better care, the girls have given my husband over the years. I can relax when I'm at home knowing he is safe and extremely well cared for. The staff are fantastic.

How likely would you be to recommend Chasedale Care Home? Extremely Likely

If me or my husband would ever have to go in a home we would like to come here on Alnwick as the care is outstanding.

How likely would you be to recommend Chasedale Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother and father were both accommodated at Chasedale - mum after a massive stroke, dad to early Dementia - within two years mum passed away - dad still remains - the management, Lynette and Sammy give so much respect to both parents now to dad - and their other residents.
Dad's carers actually "care" about the residents - always giving updates etc - even though I am a very regular visitor today I feel reassured that dad's needs are being met which allows me some quality time when I do visit my dad.

How likely would you be to recommend Chasedale Care Home? Extremely Likely

He was well looked after, very kind to him. Always kept him very clean. No complaints.

How likely would you be to recommend Chasedale Care Home? Extremely Likely

My dad moved into Chasedale at the start of May having been in another care home since January. He has Alzheimer's and spent his time at the previous home trying to escape, hitting staff, refusing to eat and generally being very distressed. Since moving to Chasedale he has put on 6KG of weight, eats all of his meals and has settled in a way that I didn't think was possible. Every single member of staff I've met there knows him and can talk with love about how he's doing. They clearly understand his condition and know how to enable him. I live too far away to be a frequent visitor, however the staff know me when I arrive - always unannounced - and always know where he is and what and how he's doing. He's been calmer than he's been for months, he's more able to communicate because he's being engaged in activity and stimulated during the day rather than left alone in bed in his room as he was in his previous home. I am so impressed by Chasedale and it's staff. It's a great environment, lovely people and the best decision I've made. I can't recommend it to highly, it's brought peace and sanity back into my life knowing my Dad is genuinely in his home - settled, cared for, safe and loved.

Submit a Review for Chasedale Care Home

October 2013

Nurse of the Year Award 2013

Recipient: Chasedale Care Home

Date: Tuesday 01 Oct 2013

There are no jobs posted yet for Chasedale Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Chasedale Care Home