Greenhill Manor Care Home, Pentrebach, Merthyr Tydfil, Merthyr Tydfil
Greenhill Manor Care Home
Greenhill Manor Care Home

Greenhill Manor is a popular purpose-built care home owned by leading care provider Hallmark Care Homes.

The home has a warm and welcoming atmosphere, while the dedicated care team provide the highest standard of relationship-centred care.

Call in and meet the team today!

Group: Hallmark Care Homes

Person in charge: Mark McCole (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 118 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Learning Disability • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Challenging Behaviour • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Weekly Charges Guide: Nursing Care Single £450 – £700

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Independent Living Training • Sheltered Housing • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care & Social Services Inspectorate* Report on Greenhill Manor Care Home : click here

* Care & Social Services Inspectorate Wales (CSSIW) is responsible for the registration and inspection of social care services in Wales.

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Greenhill Manor Care Home

March 2013

Nursing Home Operator of the Year

Date: Wednesday 27 Mar 2013

November 2011

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.8 for Greenhill Manor Care Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Greenhill Manor Care Home on Tuesday 15 July 2014 by Lorraine D (Daughter of resident)

Friendly staff who talk to the residents. After numerous hospital stays - which my mother hates - the staff do all they can to bring her back to herself. There are regular parties with singers brought in, cakes with candles on birthdays, Easter bonnet competitions etc. Those able to, are encouraged to take part in activities. The home is clean and bright. There are regular treats and drinks between meals. We have no qualms about leaving my mother there - that is the best - perhaps only - comment you need.

Review of Greenhill Manor Care Home on Tuesday 8 July 2014 by Janet F (Cousin of resident)

I have been visiting Greenhill for about four years. My cousin is always happy and is always partaking in some kind of activity with the team. I doesn't seem as though I am visiting a care home it is as though I am going to a hotel for the day. I always receive a warm welcome from the receptionist and the place is immaculate, I really take my hat off to the cleaners.

Review of Greenhill Manor Care Home on Tuesday 8 July 2014 by Stephanie Seager (Grandaughter of resident)

The atmosphere in this home is fantastic, the staff are always to hand and very friendly. My nan is always smiling and is always very content and seems happy. The unit she is in is very clean and the carers are fantastic.

Review of Greenhill Manor Care Home on Tuesday 8 July 2014 by Richard Smith (Son of resident)

The home is lovely and welcoming and the food is fantastic - I even stay for lunch sometimes with my mother.

Review of Greenhill Manor Care Home on Tuesday 8 July 2014 by Julia F (Daughter of resident)

My mother has been a resident for 16 months. She remains in her bed at all times and I visit her daily. I feel staff are caring and engage with her, keeping her clean and comfortable. I see activities going on but unfortunately my mother is unable to take part in these. Overall I feel happy that my mother is in the best place for her. I know nursing staff are in touch with her GP as necessary and this gives me confidence and peace of mind.

Review of Greenhill Manor Care Home on Friday 13 June 2014 by Emily F (Daughter of resident)

The home is lovely and friendly, nothing is too much trouble. They even know my name when I go there to visit. The residents are lovely and happy and the food looks very nice.

Review of Greenhill Manor Care Home on Wednesday 29 January 2014 by Lorraine Darren (Daughter of resident)

I have no qualms about leaving my parent at the home, and that is the best recommendation anyone can give to a residential/nursing home. I have seen the staff interact with residents on so many occasions, and always with warmth and care. My parent is safe and well looked after and that is what matters. The food is good and my parent has choice at mealtimes. There are snacks available, and a variety of drinks. If someone asks for a drink, they get it. Entertainment is arranged regularly, usually in the form of singers, and my parent enjoys this. Residents go out to coffee mornings and again, my parent enjoys this activity. Things such as cake decorating and bingo also occur, and residents can join in if they want or are able to.

Review of Greenhill Manor Care Home on Friday 17 January 2014 by Michell E (Daughter of resident)

I have none only to say that the staff are outstanding and management.

Review of Greenhill Manor Care Home on Wednesday 20 November 2013 by Terry O (Resident)

Overall standard of care and management good, facilities very good, staff friendly and competent.

Review of Greenhill Manor Care Home on Wednesday 20 November 2013 by Julie Jones (Daughter of resident)

I cannot express how pleased we are as a family that we have found the perfect care home for Mam. It was a very hard decision to put her into care, but it has been made so much easier by the care and attention given by all the staff. They all out the residents first and always have time for them. I would highly recommend this nursing home.

Review of Greenhill Manor Care Home on Friday 8 November 2013 by Jo Davies (Daughter of Resident)

I would highly recommend Greenhill Manor. I actually have to many people. I cannot tell enough people about the fantastic service they provide to my dad! The staff are extremely friendly and cannot do enough for the residents. They go above and beyond their duty, even the cleaners make time for a chat with residents. Greenhill is spotlessly clean, with lovely rooms. My dad enjoys the food. It always looks nice and smells delicious. I always feel that my dad is safe and well looked after which gives me peace of mind.

Submit a Recommendation for Greenhill Manor Care Home

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Greenhill Manor Care Home and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

(RGN) Registered General Nurse

Competitive

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

10 Aug 2014

Bank Senior Care Assistant

Competitive

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

09 Aug 2014

Bank Care Assistant

Competitive

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time or Part Time)

09 Aug 2014

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Greenhill Manor Care Home