Greenhill Manor Care Home, Merthyr Tydfil, Merthyr Tydfil

Greenhill Manor is a popular purpose-built care home owned by leading care provider Hallmark Care Homes.

The home has a warm and welcoming atmosphere, while the dedicated care team provide the highest standard of relationship-centred care.

Call in and meet the team today!

Group: Hallmark Care Homes

Person in charge: Mark McCole (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 118 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Learning Disability • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Challenging Behaviour • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Weekly Charges Guide: Nursing Care Single £450 – £700

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Independent Living Training • Sheltered Housing • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care & Social Services Inspectorate* Report on Greenhill Manor Care Home : click here

* Care & Social Services Inspectorate Wales (CSSIW) is responsible for the registration and inspection of social care services in Wales.

posted 30 Jul 2015

Please contact the home for current vacancies

The user 'Review Score' (8.9 for Greenhill Manor Care Home) is based on 20 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Greenhill Manor Care Home

I have absolutely no hesitation whatsoever in highly recommending this care home. My mother has been a resident for over 5 years from the outset she has received excellent care. The staff are wonderful human beings who treat my mother with great dignity and much love. Now 94 years old and at the end of the dementia scale and with little mobility she has a great quality if life provided by the whole team at Greenhill.

Greenhill Manor Care Home

Great home. My uncle loves it.

Greenhill Manor Care Home

Lovely place with nice gardens and outside space. If I could improve anything it would be some of the carpets but that's the only little thing. The food is mostly good and the cleaners are lovely and work hard. The reception staff are nice too and always say hello when we visit.

Greenhill Manor Care Home

Greenhill is a very pleasant home. When my aunt had to go into a care home, I panicked, but was pleasantly surprised when I visited.

Greenhill Manor Care Home

This home is beautifully kept and care is the predominant word, with extreme patience and care for the residents.

Fantastic Home
I cannot praise the staff enough. They look after my brother so well. He entered this home for a short break but has now decided to stay. They sorted everything out on our behalf. I am impressed with how caring the staff are - they even bring a newspaper to my brothers room everyday. I visit about twice a week and the receptionist is lovely.

How likely would you be to recommend Greenhill Manor Care Home? Likely

Greenhill Manor Care Home

What a wonderful place. I would like to live here.

Greenhill Manor Care Home

I would recommend Greenhill manor care home 100% to everyone I know. The staff there are exceptional at what they do. There are always activities going on whether it's going out shopping or just reading group etc. The home is sparkling clean and does not have that nursing home smell, it's very pleasant.

Greenhill Manor Care Home

My relative has been there for a number of years and is very happy there. The staff always have time to speak and make an effort to find out what the residents want to do. There is always very good food available and my relative's room is always spotless and his clothes are well looked after. The home is due for a refurbishment and it needs it now as it has been open for a good few years I think.

Greenhill Manor Care Home

Friendly staff who talk to the residents. After numerous hospital stays - which my mother hates - the staff do all they can to bring her back to herself. There are regular parties with singers brought in, cakes with candles on birthdays, Easter bonnet competitions etc. Those able to, are encouraged to take part in activities. The home is clean and bright. There are regular treats and drinks between meals. We have no qualms about leaving my mother there - that is the best - perhaps only - comment you need.

Greenhill Manor Care Home

I have been visiting Greenhill for about four years. My cousin is always happy and is always partaking in some kind of activity with the team. I doesn't seem as though I am visiting a care home it is as though I am going to a hotel for the day. I always receive a warm welcome from the receptionist and the place is immaculate, I really take my hat off to the cleaners.

Greenhill Manor Care Home

The atmosphere in this home is fantastic, the staff are always to hand and very friendly. My nan is always smiling and is always very content and seems happy. The unit she is in is very clean and the carers are fantastic.

Greenhill Manor Care Home

The home is lovely and welcoming and the food is fantastic - I even stay for lunch sometimes with my mother.

Greenhill Manor Care Home

My mother has been a resident for 16 months. She remains in her bed at all times and I visit her daily. I feel staff are caring and engage with her, keeping her clean and comfortable. I see activities going on but unfortunately my mother is unable to take part in these. Overall I feel happy that my mother is in the best place for her. I know nursing staff are in touch with her GP as necessary and this gives me confidence and peace of mind.

Greenhill Manor Care Home

The home is lovely and friendly, nothing is too much trouble. They even know my name when I go there to visit. The residents are lovely and happy and the food looks very nice.

Greenhill Manor Care Home

I have no qualms about leaving my parent at the home, and that is the best recommendation anyone can give to a residential/nursing home. I have seen the staff interact with residents on so many occasions, and always with warmth and care. My parent is safe and well looked after and that is what matters. The food is good and my parent has choice at mealtimes. There are snacks available, and a variety of drinks. If someone asks for a drink, they get it. Entertainment is arranged regularly, usually in the form of singers, and my parent enjoys this. Residents go out to coffee mornings and again, my parent enjoys this activity. Things such as cake decorating and bingo also occur, and residents can join in if they want or are able to.

Greenhill Manor Care Home

I have none only to say that the staff are outstanding and management.

Greenhill Manor Care Home

Overall standard of care and management good, facilities very good, staff friendly and competent.

Greenhill Manor Care Home

I cannot express how pleased we are as a family that we have found the perfect care home for Mam. It was a very hard decision to put her into care, but it has been made so much easier by the care and attention given by all the staff. They all out the residents first and always have time for them. I would highly recommend this nursing home.

Greenhill Manor Care Home

I would highly recommend Greenhill Manor. I actually have to many people. I cannot tell enough people about the fantastic service they provide to my dad! The staff are extremely friendly and cannot do enough for the residents. They go above and beyond their duty, even the cleaners make time for a chat with residents. Greenhill is spotlessly clean, with lovely rooms. My dad enjoys the food. It always looks nice and smells delicious. I always feel that my dad is safe and well looked after which gives me peace of mind.

Submit a Review for Greenhill Manor Care Home

Inspire Awards

Date: Wednesday 19 Jun 2013

November 2011

BANK Kitchen Assistant

Meets National Minimum Wage (Care Home / Nursing Home • Contract)
Merthyr Tydfil

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Greenhill Manor Care Home