Greenhill Manor Care Home

Duffryn Road, Pentrebach, Merthyr Tydfil CF48 4BE

Greenhill Manor Care Home, Merthyr Tydfil, Merthyr Tydfil

Greenhill Manor is a popular purpose-built care home owned by leading care provider Hallmark Care Homes.

The home has a warm and welcoming atmosphere, while the dedicated care team provide the highest standard of relationship-centred care.

Call in and meet the team today!

Group: Hallmark Care Homes

Person in charge: Mark McCole (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 118 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Learning Disability • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Challenging Behaviour • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Weekly Charges Guide: Nursing Care Single £450 – £700

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Independent Living Training • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Television point in own room

Latest Care & Social Services Inspectorate* Report on Greenhill Manor Care Home: click here

* Care & Social Services Inspectorate Wales (CSSIW) is responsible for the registration and inspection of social care services in Wales.

posted 08 Jun 2016

Please contact the home for current vacancies

The Review Score of 8.9 (maximum of 10) for Greenhill Manor Care Home is based on 19 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 8.921 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.599 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 4.322 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 8.921 for Greenhill Manor Care Home is based on 19 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.599 for Greenhill Manor Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (138 Excellents x 5) + (87 Goods x 4) + (2 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 227 Ratings = 4.599

The Quantity Score of 4.322 for Greenhill Manor Care Home is calculated as follows:

Impressed with the safe facility and reception area. I find the staff very helpful, friendly and caring towards my mother.

How likely would you be to recommend Greenhill Manor Care Home? Extremely Likely

I am very happy with the care provided for my mother. In particular the nursing care is excellent.

As this is the only care home I have had dealings with it is difficult to be judgemental in many reports. We did however visit a number of others before choosing this one. Our general opinion of Greenhill Manor is good, though there are signs occasionally that the staff do no have time to finish off their jobs fully. The individual member of staff who you deal with can also leave you feeling differently to if you had dealt with another individual but I guess that applies in all walks of life.

How likely would you be to recommend Greenhill Manor Care Home? Likely

Mark McCole, General Manager at Greenhill Manor Care Home responded to this review on 05 Nov 2015:

Thank you for your comments, including that you are likely to recommend us, that was great to read. I wanted to confirm all team members have the same level of training but I will arrange to meet with you so we can chat about your concerns in person.

From the manager, bursar to the care staff everyone is friendly, caring and happy. The ethos is a warm welcome and the care of the highest standard. Since transferring from hospital, with general nursing needs, my mother has improved quite significantly. Communication is excellent and professional such a happy place to be and visit. I am so pleased we chose Greenhill Manor.

My uncle was admitted only 2 days ago after an almost 8 month period in 4 different hospitals. Even in this short time he is more communicative, active, responsive and happy. Something I haven't seen in a long time. Great and a relief.

I have absolutely no hesitation whatsoever in highly recommending this care home. My mother has been a resident for over 5 years from the outset she has received excellent care. The staff are wonderful human beings who treat my mother with great dignity and much love. Now 94 years old and at the end of the dementia scale and with little mobility she has a great quality if life provided by the whole team at Greenhill.

Great home. My uncle loves it.

Lovely place with nice gardens and outside space. If I could improve anything it would be some of the carpets but that's the only little thing. The food is mostly good and the cleaners are lovely and work hard. The reception staff are nice too and always say hello when we visit.

Greenhill is a very pleasant home. When my aunt had to go into a care home, I panicked, but was pleasantly surprised when I visited.

This home is beautifully kept and care is the predominant word, with extreme patience and care for the residents.

Fantastic Home

I cannot praise the staff enough. They look after my brother so well. He entered this home for a short break but has now decided to stay. They sorted everything out on our behalf. I am impressed with how caring the staff are - they even bring a newspaper to my brothers room everyday. I visit about twice a week and the receptionist is lovely.

How likely would you be to recommend Greenhill Manor Care Home? Likely

What a wonderful place. I would like to live here.

I would recommend Greenhill manor care home 100% to everyone I know. The staff there are exceptional at what they do. There are always activities going on whether it's going out shopping or just reading group etc. The home is sparkling clean and does not have that nursing home smell, it's very pleasant.

My relative has been there for a number of years and is very happy there. The staff always have time to speak and make an effort to find out what the residents want to do. There is always very good food available and my relative's room is always spotless and his clothes are well looked after. The home is due for a refurbishment and it needs it now as it has been open for a good few years I think.

Friendly staff who talk to the residents. After numerous hospital stays - which my mother hates - the staff do all they can to bring her back to herself. There are regular parties with singers brought in, cakes with candles on birthdays, Easter bonnet competitions etc. Those able to, are encouraged to take part in activities. The home is clean and bright. There are regular treats and drinks between meals. We have no qualms about leaving my mother there - that is the best - perhaps only - comment you need.

I have been visiting Greenhill for about four years. My cousin is always happy and is always partaking in some kind of activity with the team. I doesn't seem as though I am visiting a care home it is as though I am going to a hotel for the day. I always receive a warm welcome from the receptionist and the place is immaculate, I really take my hat off to the cleaners.

The atmosphere in this home is fantastic, the staff are always to hand and very friendly. My nan is always smiling and is always very content and seems happy. The unit she is in is very clean and the carers are fantastic.

The home is lovely and welcoming and the food is fantastic - I even stay for lunch sometimes with my mother.

My mother has been a resident for 16 months. She remains in her bed at all times and I visit her daily. I feel staff are caring and engage with her, keeping her clean and comfortable. I see activities going on but unfortunately my mother is unable to take part in these. Overall I feel happy that my mother is in the best place for her. I know nursing staff are in touch with her GP as necessary and this gives me confidence and peace of mind.

Submit a Review for Greenhill Manor Care Home

Inspire Awards

Date: Wednesday 19 Jun 2013

November 2011

RGN) Registered General Nurse/ (RNLD) Registered Nurse Learn

Starting salary £30,000 pa (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)
Merthyr Tydfil

Mark

Mark McCole

Joined: 2014

I’m General Manager at Greenhill Manor and have been working here since 2009, having achieved a Dementia Diploma as well as multiple qualifications in Health and Social Care and Hospitality. We have a passionate, caring team that have been recognised for their excellence nationally, winning ‘Care Registered Nurse’ at the prestigious National Care Awards and ‘Nurse of the Year’ at the Wales Care Awards. My vision for our home is to continue to be the home of choice in Merthyr Tydfil and to make a difference to the lives of our residents every day.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Greenhill Manor Care Home