Quarry Hall Care Home, Cardiff, Cardiff

Located on the outskirts of Cardiff, Quarry Hall Care Home is a Grade II listed building converted into an 86 bedded property offering Dementia, Nursing, Residential, Respite and End of Life care.

Residents at Quarry Hall have a choice of lounge areas which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings. The home has a range of comfortable and well-equipped bedrooms.

Chefs at Quarry Hall pride themselves in knowing the tastes of Residents and preparing a choice of home cooked, fresh, nutritional meals and catering for any dietary and cultural needs. At HC-One, experienced Home Managers and members of staff ensure kindness is at the heart of everything they do.

Person in charge: Margaret Harris (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Cardiff Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 86 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Over 65. Ages 65+.

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room

Latest Care & Social Services Inspectorate* Report on Quarry Hall Care Home : click here

* Care & Social Services Inspectorate Wales (CSSIW) is responsible for the registration and inspection of social care services in Wales.

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.2 for Quarry Hall Care Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Quarry Hall Care Home

My mum is with your home at Quarry Hall, I am very pleased with how you look after my mum the staff and management always take the time out to speak to me, I find that having the code to let myself in means you will always see what is happening. You can come and go as you please so for what I see with staff and my mum is lovely. Her room is always clean and tidy. I tell family and friends that if their family needs care Quarry Hall is the place.

Quarry Hall Care Home

My husband as diagnosed with early on set Dementia and it's been a long heartbreaking road. Thankfully he has admitted to Quarry Hall earlier this year and I am so relieved and happy. He is receiving excellent care and is treated with dignity and respect, the staff are hard working, very caring ans so friendly. They make time to talk and are always available to discuss any concerns I may have they listen and ensure my husband has what he needs to make life his life comfortable and give him the best quality of life they can. I am so very grateful for their kindness and care.

How likely would you be to recommend Quarry Hall Care Home? Extremely likely

Quarry Hall Care Home

My mother has settled in well following 2 months in hospital where she was confined to bed all day. Since she has been in Quarry Hall the staff have taken the trouble to ensure she is moved to a wheelchair every day. As a result she seems much happier than when she was in hospital, the staff are always attentive, caring and polite. I could not have chosen a nicer home for my mum. A special mention to Tracey (Care Assistant) and Suzy (Assistant Manager), nicer people you could not wish to meet.

How likely would you be to recommend Quarry Hall Care Home? Extremely likely

Quarry Hall Care Home

My experience has been one of relief and admiration for Quarry Hall. My mother has settled in great after not looking forward to going in a home. The management and staff are first class and provide an excellent atmosphere for my mother to relax and look forward to spending her last years.

Quarry Hall Care Home

I feel the staff are very friendly. They always ask if there is anything they can do to help. My mum is very complex, her eating habits, her likes and dislikes, but they talk to her and encourage her. They will always find something for her to eat. I know she is safe.

Quarry Hall Care Home

During the six months we have found the staff excellent, they cannot do enough to help. Today the staff organised a Valentine lunch for residents which both my parents thoroughly enjoyed. Having heard so many bad reports about care homes, I can only say we feel the exact opposite. Thanks to all staff.

Quarry Hall Care Home

Anna, my grans carer is the best , always happy and smiling and happy to help. I leave here feeling happy and know she is having the best care. Thank you.

Quarry Hall Care Home

My mum and dad are both in Quarry Hall Care Home. I am very satisfied with the care given to both my parents, I couldn't wish for a nicer home for them to be in.

Quarry Hall Care Home

It's a place where you feel wanted. I am not in the best of health but I am looked after well. It's not the place you want to be, but you can't stay home and they take good care of us.

Quarry Hall Care Home

We are very happy with Percy's care. Staff are wonderful. When you mention something to them they are as good as gold. Lovely coffee shop to sit and chat when visiting.

Quarry Hall Care Home

I am very happy here, everyone has been so friendly. I enjoy the companionship.

Quarry Hall Care Home

I enjoy the company, companionship, always someone around and always someone to help when needed.

Quarry Hall Care Home

I have been to a number of homes in the Cardiff area and found that the nursing staff and care staff of Quarry Hall the most helpful. I would recommend Quarry Hall to anyone.

Quarry Hall Care Home

I enjoy living at Quarry Hall, because I enjoy the company. It's the people here that make it special.

Quarry Hall Care Home

I am happy here because the staff take good care of me. i love the bingo and helping in the garden.

Quarry Hall Care Home

Cannot praise staff highly enough, care standards are exceptional. If you are looking for the best place for your relative to be cared for, your search is over. Strong leadership evident, quality staff, good facilities, any issues dealt with pro actively.

Quarry Hall Care Home

Its the friendliness and canny attitude of the carers, also that I have the freedom to go around the home and to have a cigarette when I please. I love my rooms its my home. I don't take part in the activities they are good but I like my own company.

Quarry Hall Care Home

Very helpful and welcoming staff. Care is of high quality as is the standard of food.

Quarry Hall Care Home

Have been a resident at Quarry Hall for 4 years and during that time have been very happy and been made to feel very much 'at home' due to the tireless efforts of the kind staff to ensure our constant well-being. Cannot speak too highly of them.

Quarry Hall Care Home

Since my father has been admitted I know he is safe and happy. When he was at home by himself I was always worried he may fall. Since his admission he has become so much happier. The staff are so kind and have spent so much time getting to know his life history, so they provide him with appropriate activities personal to him. Also excellent communication.

Quarry Hall Care Home

My mother has been a resident of Quarry Hall for the past six years following a stay at hospital. When I was told by the consultant that my mother requires 24 hour care it was a difficult decision to place my mother in care, but following a viewing at quarry Hall I felt it was the ideal home for her to be, especially with en-suite facilities for everyone. Over the last six years the home manager and her wonderful dedicated staff have given my mother the most wonderful care and also support the relatives through some difficult times. There is always a warm welcome and a genuine caring attitude by all the highly trained staff. My "Thanks", to you all.

Quarry Hall Care Home

Quarry Hall looked after my mother Joan Jones and I feel her life was extended because of the quality of care she was shown. The loving kindness and respect given by the staff to my mother was above and beyond our every expectation. Care for us as a family was always given without reservation. I enrolled as a volunteer so that I could help the resident of Quarry Hall and to give to them some of the love and respect that was shown to my mother so that's why I would recommend Quarry Hall.

Submit a Recommendation for Quarry Hall Care Home

Please note this form is only for Recommendations (ie positive comments) & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required.

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Quarry Hall Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Quarry Hall Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Quarry Hall Care Home