Quarry Hall Care Home, St Mellons, Cardiff, Cardiff
Quarry Hall Care Home
Quarry Hall Care Home

Tel: 029 2079 1291

Located on the outskirts of Cardiff, Quarry Hall Care Home is a Grade II listed building converted into an 86 bedded property offering Dementia, Nursing, Residential, Respite and End of Life care.

Residents at Quarry Hall have a choice of lounge areas which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings. The home has a range of comfortable and well-equipped bedrooms.

Chefs at Quarry Hall pride themselves in knowing the tastes of Residents and preparing a choice of home cooked, fresh, nutritional meals and catering for any dietary and cultural needs. At HC-One, experienced Home Managers and members of staff ensure kindness is at the heart of everything they do.

Group: HC-One Ltd

Person in charge: Helen Randall (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Cardiff Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 86 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Over 65.

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room

Latest Care & Social Services Inspectorate* Report on Quarry Hall Care Home : click here

* Care & Social Services Inspectorate Wales (CSSIW) is responsible for the registration and inspection of social care services in Wales.

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Quarry Hall Care Home

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Quarry Hall Care Home

Recommendation Score: 9 (9.024)

The user 'Recommendation Score' ( 9 for Quarry Hall Care Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Quarry Hall Care Home on Tuesday 15 July 2014 by Gerald Pipe (Husband of resident)

I have been to a number of homes in the Cardiff area and found that the nursing staff and care staff of Quarry Hall the most helpful. I would recommend Quarry Hall to anyone.

Review of Quarry Hall Care Home on Friday 4 July 2014 by Charles Marshall (Resident)

I enjoy living at Quarry Hall, because I enjoy the company. It's the people here that make it special.

Review of Quarry Hall Care Home on Thursday 26 June 2014 by David Abbott (Resident)

I am happy here because the staff take good care of me. i love the bingo and helping in the garden.

Review of Quarry Hall Care Home on Monday 16 June 2014 by Michael Brookes (Son of resident)

Cannot praise staff highly enough, care standards are exceptional. If you are looking for the best place for your relative to be cared for, your search is over. Strong leadership evident, quality staff, good facilities, any issues dealt with pro actively.

Review of Quarry Hall Care Home on Friday 13 June 2014 by Joyce Heard (Resident)

Its the friendliness and canny attitude of the carers, also that I have the freedom to go around the home and to have a cigarette when I please. I love my rooms its my home. I don't take part in the activities they are good but I like my own company.

Review of Quarry Hall Care Home on Thursday 12 June 2014 by Gethin Preston (Great grandson of resident)

Very helpful and welcoming staff. Care is of high quality as is the standard of food.

Review of Quarry Hall Care Home on Wednesday 28 May 2014 by Brian J (Resident)

Have been a resident at Quarry Hall for 4 years and during that time have been very happy and been made to feel very much 'at home' due to the tireless efforts of the kind staff to ensure our constant well-being. Cannot speak too highly of them.

Review of Quarry Hall Care Home on Tuesday 27 May 2014 by Paul Arcos (Son of resident)

Since my father has been admitted I know he is safe and happy. When he was at home by himself I was always worried he may fall. Since his admission he has become so much happier. The staff are so kind and have spent so much time getting to know his life history, so they provide him with appropriate activities personal to him. Also excellent communication.

Review of Quarry Hall Care Home on Tuesday 10 December 2013 by Sheila Powell (Daughter of Resident)

My mother has been a resident of Quarry Hall for the past six years following a stay at hospital. When I was told by the consultant that my mother requires 24 hour care it was a difficult decision to place my mother in care, but following a viewing at quarry Hall I felt it was the ideal home for her to be, especially with en-suite facilities for everyone. Over the last six years the home manager and her wonderful dedicated staff have given my mother the most wonderful care and also support the relatives through some difficult times. There is always a warm welcome and a genuine caring attitude by all the highly trained staff. My "Thanks", to you all.

Review of Quarry Hall Care Home on Wednesday 4 December 2013 by Jenny G (My mother was a part resident)

Quarry Hall looked after my mother Joan Jones and I feel her life was extended because of the quality of care she was shown. The loving kindness and respect given by the staff to my mother was above and beyond our every expectation. Care for us as a family was always given without reservation. I enrolled as a volunteer so that I could help the resident of Quarry Hall and to give to them some of the love and respect that was shown to my mother so that's why I would recommend Quarry Hall.

Review of Quarry Hall Care Home on Thursday 14 February 2013 by Peter Kingsbury (Son of resident)

1. Friendliness, positive attitude of the staff who are a pleasure to talk to. 2. Extensive, varied activities which go far beyond the 'to be expected' bingo and quizzes. 3. All areas of the home which I see are kept very clean.

Submit a Recommendation for Quarry Hall Care Home

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Quarry Hall Care Home and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

There are no jobs posted yet for Quarry Hall Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Quarry Hall Care Home