Quarry Hall Care Home, St Mellons, Cardiff, Cardiff
Quarry Hall Care Home
Quarry Hall Care Home

Tel: 029 2079 1291

Located on the outskirts of Cardiff, Quarry Hall Care Home is a Grade II listed building converted into an 86 bedded property offering Dementia, Nursing, Residential, Respite and End of Life care.

Residents at Quarry Hall have a choice of lounge areas which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings. The home has a range of comfortable and well-equipped bedrooms.

Chefs at Quarry Hall pride themselves in knowing the tastes of Residents and preparing a choice of home cooked, fresh, nutritional meals and catering for any dietary and cultural needs. At HC-One, experienced Home Managers and members of staff ensure kindness is at the heart of everything they do.

Person in charge: Helen Leigh (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Cardiff Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 86 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Over 65. Ages 65+.

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room

Latest Care & Social Services Inspectorate* Report on Quarry Hall Care Home : click here

* Care & Social Services Inspectorate Wales (CSSIW) is responsible for the registration and inspection of social care services in Wales.

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Quarry Hall Care Home

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Quarry Hall Care Home

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.1 for Quarry Hall Care Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Quarry Hall Care Home

My mum and dad are both in Quarry Hall Care Home. I am very satisfied with the care given to both my parents, I couldn't wish for a nicer home for them to be in.

Submitted by Cheryl D (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Monday 15 December 2014. Review relates to November 2014.

Review of Quarry Hall Care Home

I really enjoy coming to Quarry Hall as part of our local church. We celebrate festivals e.g. Christmas, Easter, Harvest and armistice. The residents enjoy singing hymns and old times songs with happiness. It is a very jolly home and the staff are very caring. It is always clean and I would recommend it to my friends.

Submitted by Shirley K (Other) on Friday 24 October 2014.

Review of Quarry Hall Care Home

I enjoy coming to Quarry Hall to help with singing during communion services once a month. The staff are very kind to the residents and helpful to them and visitors. the home is clean and well kept.

Submitted by Margaret M (Other) on Wednesday 8 October 2014. Review relates to September 2014.

Review of Quarry Hall Care Home

It's a place where you feel wanted. I am not in the best of health but I am looked after well. It's not the place you want to be, but you can't stay home and they take good care of us.

Submitted by Bernard Morris (Resident / Service User) on Monday 22 September 2014.

Review of Quarry Hall Care Home

We are very happy with Percy's care. Staff are wonderful. When you mention something to them they are as good as gold. Lovely coffee shop to sit and chat when visiting.

Submitted by Glenys Smith (Relative of Resident/Service User) on Tuesday 16 September 2014.

Review of Quarry Hall Care Home

I enjoy the company, companionship, always someone around and always someone to help when needed.

Submitted by David James (Resident / Service User) on Tuesday 19 August 2014.

Review of Quarry Hall Care Home

I am very happy here, everyone has been so friendly. I enjoy the companionship.

Submitted by David Huw James (Resident / Service User) on Tuesday 9 September 2014.

Review of Quarry Hall Care Home

I have been to a number of homes in the Cardiff area and found that the nursing staff and care staff of Quarry Hall the most helpful. I would recommend Quarry Hall to anyone.

Submitted by Gerald Pipe (Husband of resident) on Tuesday 15 July 2014.

Review of Quarry Hall Care Home

I enjoy living at Quarry Hall, because I enjoy the company. It's the people here that make it special.

Submitted by Charles Marshall (Resident) on Friday 4 July 2014.

Review of Quarry Hall Care Home

I am happy here because the staff take good care of me. i love the bingo and helping in the garden.

Submitted by David Abbott (Resident) on Thursday 26 June 2014.

Review of Quarry Hall Care Home

Cannot praise staff highly enough, care standards are exceptional. If you are looking for the best place for your relative to be cared for, your search is over. Strong leadership evident, quality staff, good facilities, any issues dealt with pro actively.

Submitted by Michael Brookes (Son of resident) on Monday 16 June 2014.

Review of Quarry Hall Care Home

Its the friendliness and canny attitude of the carers, also that I have the freedom to go around the home and to have a cigarette when I please. I love my rooms its my home. I don't take part in the activities they are good but I like my own company.

Submitted by Joyce Heard (Resident) on Friday 13 June 2014.

Review of Quarry Hall Care Home

Very helpful and welcoming staff. Care is of high quality as is the standard of food.

Submitted by Gethin Preston (Great grandson of resident) on Thursday 12 June 2014.

Review of Quarry Hall Care Home

Have been a resident at Quarry Hall for 4 years and during that time have been very happy and been made to feel very much 'at home' due to the tireless efforts of the kind staff to ensure our constant well-being. Cannot speak too highly of them.

Submitted by Brian J (Resident) on Wednesday 28 May 2014.

Review of Quarry Hall Care Home

Since my father has been admitted I know he is safe and happy. When he was at home by himself I was always worried he may fall. Since his admission he has become so much happier. The staff are so kind and have spent so much time getting to know his life history, so they provide him with appropriate activities personal to him. Also excellent communication.

Submitted by Paul Arcos (Son of resident) on Tuesday 27 May 2014.

Review of Quarry Hall Care Home

My mother has been a resident of Quarry Hall for the past six years following a stay at hospital. When I was told by the consultant that my mother requires 24 hour care it was a difficult decision to place my mother in care, but following a viewing at quarry Hall I felt it was the ideal home for her to be, especially with en-suite facilities for everyone. Over the last six years the home manager and her wonderful dedicated staff have given my mother the most wonderful care and also support the relatives through some difficult times. There is always a warm welcome and a genuine caring attitude by all the highly trained staff. My "Thanks", to you all.

Submitted by Sheila Powell (Daughter of Resident) on Tuesday 10 December 2013.

Review of Quarry Hall Care Home

Quarry Hall looked after my mother Joan Jones and I feel her life was extended because of the quality of care she was shown. The loving kindness and respect given by the staff to my mother was above and beyond our every expectation. Care for us as a family was always given without reservation. I enrolled as a volunteer so that I could help the resident of Quarry Hall and to give to them some of the love and respect that was shown to my mother so that's why I would recommend Quarry Hall.

Submitted by Jenny G (My mother was a part resident) on Wednesday 4 December 2013.

Review of Quarry Hall Care Home

1. Friendliness, positive attitude of the staff who are a pleasure to talk to. 2. Extensive, varied activities which go far beyond the 'to be expected' bingo and quizzes. 3. All areas of the home which I see are kept very clean.

Submitted by Peter Kingsbury (Son of resident) on Thursday 14 February 2013.

Submit a Recommendation for Quarry Hall Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Quarry Hall Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Quarry Hall Care Home