Quarry Hall Care Home, Cardiff, Cardiff

Located on the outskirts of Cardiff, Quarry Hall Care Home is a Grade II listed building converted into an 86 bedded property offering Dementia, Nursing, Residential, Respite and End of Life care.

Residents at Quarry Hall have a choice of lounge areas which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings. The home has a range of comfortable and well-equipped bedrooms.

Chefs at Quarry Hall pride themselves in knowing the tastes of Residents and preparing a choice of home cooked, fresh, nutritional meals and catering for any dietary and cultural needs. At HC-One, experienced Home Managers and members of staff ensure kindness is at the heart of everything they do.

Person in charge: Margaret Harris (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Cardiff Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 86 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Over 65. Ages 65+.

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room

Latest Care & Social Services Inspectorate* Report on Quarry Hall Care Home: click here

* Care & Social Services Inspectorate Wales (CSSIW) is responsible for the registration and inspection of social care services in Wales.

The user Review Score of 9.2 for Quarry Hall Care Home is based on 22 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 9.219 is made up of 4.707 Points relating to the ratings and 4.512 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

My mother has dementia and needs 24 hour care support. She is a resident in the dementia residential unit, Forest View. She is well looked after, there is open visiting and no matter what time of day I visit, my mother is always clean, tidy, hair brushed, clean clothes and happy and content. The staff are kind, caring, very friendly and give a high standard of care.

The care my mother has received at Quarry Hall has been of a high standard and is delivered with sensitivity and respect. In addition, carers and management staff have taken the time to build a relationship with her which has given her a sense of value, have shared humour with her and continue to provide her with a range of options relating to her daily routine. The input of family has been actively encouraged and ways of building upon the care provided has been positively welcoming and acted upon. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Quarry Hall Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

Very happy with level of care and compassion shown by the staff at Quarry Hall Care Home. Cleanliness is outstanding, always neat and tidy and nothing is too much trouble.

How likely would you be to recommend Quarry Hall Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

My mum is with your home at Quarry Hall, I am very pleased with how you look after my mum the staff and management always take the time out to speak to me, I find that having the code to let myself in means you will always see what is happening. You can come and go as you please so for what I see with staff and my mum is lovely. Her room is always clean and tidy. I tell family and friends that if their family needs care Quarry Hall is the place.

My husband as diagnosed with early on set Dementia and it's been a long heartbreaking road. Thankfully he has admitted to Quarry Hall earlier this year and I am so relieved and happy. He is receiving excellent care and is treated with dignity and respect, the staff are hard working, very caring ans so friendly. They make time to talk and are always available to discuss any concerns I may have they listen and ensure my husband has what he needs to make life his life comfortable and give him the best quality of life they can. I am so very grateful for their kindness and care.

How likely would you be to recommend Quarry Hall Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

My mother has settled in well following 2 months in hospital where she was confined to bed all day. Since she has been in Quarry Hall the staff have taken the trouble to ensure she is moved to a wheelchair every day.

As a result she seems much happier than when she was in hospital, the staff are always attentive, caring and polite. I could not have chosen a nicer home for my mum.

A special mention to Tracey (Care Assistant) and Suzy (Assistant Manager), nicer people you could not wish to meet.

How likely would you be to recommend Quarry Hall Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

My experience has been one of relief and admiration for Quarry Hall. My mother has settled in great after not looking forward to going in a home. The management and staff are first class and provide an excellent atmosphere for my mother to relax and look forward to spending her last years.

I feel the staff are very friendly. They always ask if there is anything they can do to help. My mum is very complex, her eating habits, her likes and dislikes, but they talk to her and encourage her. They will always find something for her to eat. I know she is safe.

During the six months we have found the staff excellent, they cannot do enough to help. Today the staff organised a Valentine lunch for residents which both my parents thoroughly enjoyed. Having heard so many bad reports about care homes, I can only say we feel the exact opposite. Thanks to all staff.

Anna, my grans carer is the best , always happy and smiling and happy to help. I leave here feeling happy and know she is having the best care. Thank you.

My mum and dad are both in Quarry Hall Care Home. I am very satisfied with the care given to both my parents, I couldn't wish for a nicer home for them to be in.

It's a place where you feel wanted. I am not in the best of health but I am looked after well. It's not the place you want to be, but you can't stay home and they take good care of us.

We are very happy with Percy's care. Staff are wonderful. When you mention something to them they are as good as gold. Lovely coffee shop to sit and chat when visiting.

I am very happy here, everyone has been so friendly. I enjoy the companionship.

I have been to a number of homes in the Cardiff area and found that the nursing staff and care staff of Quarry Hall the most helpful. I would recommend Quarry Hall to anyone.

I enjoy living at Quarry Hall, because I enjoy the company. It's the people here that make it special.

I am happy here because the staff take good care of me. i love the bingo and helping in the garden.

Cannot praise staff highly enough, care standards are exceptional. If you are looking for the best place for your relative to be cared for, your search is over. Strong leadership evident, quality staff, good facilities, any issues dealt with pro actively.

Its the friendliness and canny attitude of the carers, also that I have the freedom to go around the home and to have a cigarette when I please. I love my rooms its my home. I don't take part in the activities they are good but I like my own company.

Very helpful and welcoming staff. Care is of high quality as is the standard of food.

Have been a resident at Quarry Hall for 4 years and during that time have been very happy and been made to feel very much 'at home' due to the tireless efforts of the kind staff to ensure our constant well-being. Cannot speak too highly of them.

Since my father has been admitted I know he is safe and happy. When he was at home by himself I was always worried he may fall. Since his admission he has become so much happier. The staff are so kind and have spent so much time getting to know his life history, so they provide him with appropriate activities personal to him. Also excellent communication.

Submit a Review for Quarry Hall Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Quarry Hall Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Quarry Hall Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Quarry Hall Care Home