Ty Enfys, Cardiff, Cardiff

Ty Enfys is a leading, purpose-built care home situated in Pentywn on the outskirts of Cardiff.

The home is in the final stages of an extensive refurbishment and offers outstanding, modern facilities in addition to the highest standards of residential, nursing and dementia care.

Facilities at the home include various lounges, cinema, and a 'farmhouse kitchen' - designed to encourage active and independent living.

Group: Hallmark Care Homes

Person in charge: Sujjata Singh (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Cardiff Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 100 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: All referrals assessed first.

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Hindi, Polish

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care & Social Services Inspectorate* Report on Ty Enfys : click here

* Care & Social Services Inspectorate Wales (CSSIW) is responsible for the registration and inspection of social care services in Wales.

posted 30 Jul 2015

Please contact the home for current vacancies

The user 'Review Score' (9.6 for Ty Enfys) is based on 42 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Ty Enfys

My late husband was nursed in Ty Enfys for two years and cared for with much love and respect. I was able to visit him daily at any time and I was so grateful for the care and support I had. As a result my husband's brother also came in as a resident and is now having nursing care. I have become a volunteer and am on the activities timetable for regular weekly sessions. It is my way of thanking this unique team of staff who are led and encouraged by inspiring managers.

Ty Enfys

My dad moved here in April 2015. Being relatively young, for this experience was a traumatic time for the family and my dad. The expectations of the staff far exceed anything we anticipated. All the staff display exemplary commitment and care. We always receive a warm welcome from the moment we enter the home. We would highly recommend this to any friends or family, knowing that they will be cared for. All the staff treat each resident with respect and this is noticeable when visiting. To single anyone out we would be identifying Omana, Moky, Jamina and Lovely. This is not all but as individuals they have spent the most time with my dad. A big thank you to all from Emma, Angela and family.

Ty Enfys

My mother has been warmly welcomed into this lovely home. She has been receiving the most wonderful care. I am so pleased that she is here. All the staff have been so good with her and us (her family) I can't speak highly enough of Ty Enfys.

Ty Enfys

The atmosphere is always calm, relaxed and peaceful. Staff are really keen to create a happy atmosphere - singing and dancing with residents, finding a "reason" to a have a special event (eg cocktails parties, special meals etc) Our relative shows less anxiety than she has done for much of her life. Garden and lounge (cafe) are lovely places to sit. Just one small negative - lounge space on 1st floor seems limited, sometimes difficult to find enough seats, T.V seems to be on a lot.

Ty Enfys

I have always thought that the care and attention of all the staff at Ty Enfys is amazing. It sometimes seems to me that the staff are having so much fun as the residents. I feel that my Aunt is cared for in the best possible place, and her quality of life at the end of a varied life could not be better. PS I think she has the best room in the house as well!!!!

Ty Enfys

Always get a warm welcome, whatever the time of day you visit. It's a busy, friendly home with lots going on. There is a low turnover of staff, so they have got to know mum really well and anticipate her needs. Attentive and caring team so we know she is in good hands, when we're not around. Staff and managers communicate with us well, keep us informed and listen to our suggestions.

Ty Enfys

I have no hesitation in recommending Ty Enfys. My brother in law went into the care section as an emergency from hospital, but moved very soon to the nursing floor. Prior to his admission he was having regular falls and many hospital admissions. He has now been there 18 months and had no hospital admission for over a year. His quality of life is better than it has been for years even though his mobility means he has to use a wheelchair and his Parkinson's is well controlled.

Ty Enfys

I have had excellent support from all the staff at Ty Enfys. The management, floor staff and front of house staff have been very accommodating, and have spent time discussing its admission of my father before he was admitted ad subsequently. People try to ensure his mid is kept active and his physical needs are fully met.

How likely would you be to recommend Ty Enfys? Likely

Ty Enfys

Clean and well presented facility with caring and friendly staff with a peaceful location.

How likely would you be to recommend Ty Enfys? Likely

Ty Enfys

We settled on Ty Enfys after visiting many care homes in N. Cardiff and my mother having previously had respite care in two others. This home is superior in many aspects to the others: 1. All members of staff you encounter are friendly and positive. 2. The facilities are excellent, from the pub, farm, kitchen, garden room, café area, cinema room, hairdresser and outside garden walk. 3. The activities are excellent; the girls who organise them are enthusiastic and there are usually at least 2 a day that my mother (who has early dementia, is wheelchair bound) can attend. She socialises well now and is v. happy there.

Ty Enfys

A clean, secure environment. Nice atmosphere. Good professional carers. Pleasant and helpful. I have confidence that my mother's needs are understood and she is safe and well cared for.

Ty Enfys

The staff appeared to have a genuine care and concern for my aunt and are most helpful and pleasant.

Ty Enfys

My mother is having respite care and has been wonderfully looked after. The staff are caring competent and always kind and encouraging. Thank you for all you are doing for her.

Ty Enfys

My mother was happy and well cared for during her time 3 years on level 2 at Ty Enfys. I was made most welcome when I visited my mother twice a year from Australia. I stay 3 weeks each time. Happy environment and caring staff highly recommended Ty Enfys.

Ty Enfys

Spacious, attractive home with a good range of facilities. Very impressed with the way staff treat residents. A my fathers health deteriorated he became unable to recognise us, so his carers became his family. It was reassuring for us to know he was being cared for with such kindness and respect, particularly as I lived some distance away and wasn't able to visit very often.

Ty Enfys

Staff exhibited gentle good natured attention to the needs of my relative. I was impressed by their anticipation of his needs.

Ty Enfys

I cannot speak highly enough of all the Staff at Ty Enfys. They really do care and that means such a lot to the family. My family and I have experienced first hand this and they go that extra mile to look after their residents.

Ty Enfys

In my dealings with the various levels of staff I have found them to be caring, sympathetic and helpful - nothing is too much trouble! It is a care home that is clearly well managed and compassionate. I feel sure that both my parents are happy and secure in their new home.

Ty Enfys

Excellent service, friendly and polite staff, good facilities, good location and fairly local. I would recommend to friends and family.

Ty Enfys

I find all staff very helpful and kind. A very good care home and would recommend it.

Ty Enfys

My mother was already in another home but her needs were not fully met. This was recommended to us by friends of the family. I would recommend Ty Enfys to anyone who asked. My mother is now well cared for and I have peace of mind.

Ty Enfys

Always clean, plenty of activities, lovely gardens. Rooms that are reminders of younger days. This is one of the best.

Ty Enfys

My mother has been bed ridden for the last 10 months, she has been treated at all times with dignity and respect, she has advanced vascular dementia and she is 97 years old. She is turned every hour at least and so she has no bed sores, which is unbelievable as she weighs next to nothing, she is always so clean and well cared for and smells lovely at all times.

Ty Enfys

My aunt loves the company of the staff and the variety of activities.

Ty Enfys

We have been visiting Ty Enfys for some 3 years. The quality of care and provision is second to none. All staff, without exception, are thoroughly professional, knowledgeable, caring and respectful of residents (and visitors). It is evident that close attention is given to training and the team work is excellent. There is always a warm welcome on arrival and all the team will do their utmost to help in any aspect of residents' care and support. Staff demonstrate empathy in their approach and there is an emphasis on dignity and comfort, in a lively manner with appropriate use of humour. In a word, the provision is 'superb'.

Ty Enfys

My mother moved to Ty Enfys in 2010. She has moved from residential care to nursing/dementia and we have no reservations about recommending the home for all levels of need.

Ty Enfys

Unfailing care, kindness and attention given to every need in loving surroundings. Staff are exceptionally good and the cleanliness is without criticism, medical staff and support excellent. You get what you pay for.

Ty Enfys

We always feel that the home is open to us and we can stay as long as we like. The cleanliness is superb and the facilities, including the garden are excellent. A GP visits once a week and a religious minister attends regularly, if requested. Ty Enfys is a bright environment located in a lovely area.

Ty Enfys

Ty Enfys is a well run home with a lovely atmosphere. The staff are very welcoming and warm to the residents and their relatives. My mother is very happy at Ty Enfys. She joins in with all the activities and never misses a party. I'm really pleased that mum is so content and well settled.

Ty Enfys

On entering, reception area are very friendly. Overall staff are great, caring is very good, but I do have one complaint. There used to be people organising the singing and various other outings (Lesley and Sandie. We miss them and their input and hope replacements will be put in place. Very happy otherwise.

Ty Enfys

Receptionist, Ophelia, is excellent,always smiling. The other staff are also very good. Pleased with everything except the laundry. Have to take my mothers washing home with me. Clothes have either been spoilt or gone missing. That said the home does have a very nice atmosphere.

Ty Enfys

Reception friendly, coffee/tea available. Place very clean. Patient seems to have good care.

Ty Enfys

Very impressed with all aspects of care and service provided.

Ty Enfys

I visit my 100 year old friend twice weekly, I find she is being looked after very well. I find the staff friendly and helpful. Ty Enfys is a sunny and cheerful place.

Ty Enfys

We would wholeheartedly recommend this care home to anybody seeking or needing care and accommodation, it always looks lovely, is spotlessly clean and the carers and other staff are always caring and friendly. It is a pleasure to come over and visit Heather.

Ty Enfys

Since my mother, now 90, arrived at Ty Enfys, straight from hospital two months ago, her health has improved considerably. She is very well cared for and is treated with dignity and respect by the cheerful and for the most part very efficient staff. Our only criticism relates to the food and in particular to the rather restricted choice. The starters and puddings are fine but with the main course limited to only two choices (eg chicken, curry or lasagne). She is sometimes disappointed and struggles to find something to her taste. Could I suggest a few more traditional dishes eg shepherds pie, ham in parsley sauce, salmon salad, all served with easily digested mashed. this perhaps one way in which Ty Enfys could improve upon the excellent care it already provides.

Ty Enfys

Ty Enfys provides a safe environment with exceptional care for our mother. Activities are varied and frequent.

Ty Enfys

I observe the staff at Ty Enfys on a daily basis when I visit a friend. O do not have a regular time for my visit but am always impressed with the call and attention to detail that he receives from the staff. They do an excellent job with the most difficult and vulnerable residents. Well Done.

Ty Enfys

We are friends of a resident who is 82 years of age and has been treated for cancer. She says that she feels very safe and well looked after so has only praise and gratitude for all staff that work there.

Ty Enfys

Following a stroke just over a year ago it became clear that my father was no longer able to look after himself and going forward would require specialist care. We were immediately faced with the daunting task of finding a care home that could meet his needs and quickly arranged viewings at several local homes. As a family we were generally underwhelmed with what we saw until a friend recommended Ty Enfys. I have to say from the moment we arrived the contrast was immediate. The home is beautifully decorated and every facility needed for the residents is available. The staff are amazing and nothing ever seems too much trouble. In fact our mum has now joined our dad as a resident at the home and both are very happy as are the family.

Ty Enfys

I am a retired GP. I have looked after the medical care of elderly people in the area in which I worked. The care homes were very good and Ty Enfys was excellent. My dad was precious to us, his health was very poor and he could be difficult as he had vascular dementia. He died in the home. During all the time he was there the staff were kind, caring towards us and him, they looked after my frail mother. The home was clean, friendly, and safe, nothing was too much trouble.

Ty Enfys

High standards. Genuine caring, friendly staff. Cheerful environment. Patience and respect for residents. Activities.

Submit a Review for Ty Enfys