Swn-y-Mor Care Centre, Aberavon Beach, Port Talbot, Neath - Port Talbot
Swn-y-Mor Care Centre
Swn-y-Mor Care Centre

Swn-y-Mor Care Centre is a residential and nursing home that also specialises in welcoming younger residents with physical disabilities, thanks to a versatile environment and a flexible team of 88 dedicated staff.

Located in Port Talbot and sitting right on the coastline, the home has the advantage of delightful sea views enjoyed from a large garden area. There is also a great deal to enjoy within the centre itself, an extensive activities programme orchestrated by a team of 3, dedicated activities coordinators, providing activities ranging from indoor skittles to its very own gardening club.

The centre also has its own mini bus, allowing residents to get out and about on a regular basis on a range of accompanied excursions.

Swn-y-Mor Care Centre was the proud winner of the "Yours Magazine", UK Care Home of the Year award in 2009.

Group: Handsale Ltd

Person in charge: Sharon Williams (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 76 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Down Syndrome • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Welsh

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care & Social Services Inspectorate* Report on Swn-y-Mor Care Centre : click here

* Care & Social Services Inspectorate Wales (CSSIW) is responsible for the registration and inspection of social care services in Wales.

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Swn-y-Mor Care Centre

(We currently have two, en-suite rooms available. Please call for full details.)
posted 16 Dec 2014

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Swn-y-Mor Care Centre

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.8 for Swn-y-Mor Care Centre) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Swn-y-Mor Care Centre

It is by far the best Care Home in the area that I have seen and indeed on visiting first I said that I wouldn't mind coming there myself if I was ever to need residential care! My mother has been made extremely welcome by the kind and caring staff and is gradually accepting that her mobility is not good enough to return home. The home is in a beautiful position right on Aberavon seafront and it is easy to take my mother in a wheelchair out to the promenade. My mother's only grumble is that there could be a greater variety of food with larger meat portions but I imagine that budgetary constraints are a factor here.

Submitted by PhilipM (son of resident ( my mother )) on Sunday 11 May 2014.

Review of Swn-y-Mor Care Centre

My family and I wish to express our gratitude for the care and kindness shown to our mother during her stay at Swn-Y-Mor. In the light of recent reports in the media citing poor care of some homes, I feel I must express the comfort and reassurance that we all felt that our mother was being looked after with professionalism, compassion, and dignity. The staff whom we all got to know over the three years that mam was living there were without doubt, on a daily basis, giving high quality care with good humour. It was these qualities that our mother would always remark on when we visited her. She felt cared for and safe and stated many, many times that the staff always went out of their way to make her as comfortable as possible and she appreciated this above anything else. We feel Swn-Y-Mor shoudl be a beacon of excellence to other care homes for their focus on individual care for each client and their relatives. We visited our mother at all times of the week and all times of the day and the atmosphere was always happy and vibrant, reflecting the personalities and ethos of the care staff. This includes every member of the team from front of house to behind the scenes as they all had a smile and a word of welcome for us when we visited. When our mother was dying but able to stay at Swn-Y-Mor the assurance that we felt cannot be put into words and we thank each and everyone one of the staff involved in her care. We also thank those who were able to come say farewell to mam at her funeral. We know that mam would have been touched by so many coming. I write this letter with a background of 38 years experience as a Senior Nursing Sister and I would be proud to work alongside the team at Swn-Y-Mor.

Submitted by C Hinchliffe (daughter of resident) on Wednesday 21 August 2013.

Review of Swn-y-Mor Care Centre

It's always really difficult accepting that a parent needs to go into a care home, and even more difficult to find a good one. Swn-y-Mor has been fantastic since my very first visit from quality of care to rooms and friendliness of staff. I recommend it highly.

Submitted by Amanda W (Daughter) on Friday 26 April 2013.

Review of Swn-y-Mor Care Centre

I would highly recommend Swn-y-Mor to anyone looking for an outstanding care centre. The quality of care is outstanding. The staff are highly caring and make the relative feel safe and part of the family as well as the resident.

Submitted by Judith Jones (Daughter) on Monday 15 April 2013.

Review of Swn-y-Mor Care Centre

We are completely satisfied with the care my mother receives, she is very well looked after and it is always a pleasure to visit. The staff are very friendly and helpful.

Submitted by Janice K (Daughter) on Monday 15 April 2013.

Review of Swn-y-Mor Care Centre

I would definitely recommend Swn-Y-Mor, although my mum and dad were only residents for a short time they were looked after very well. The staff were caring and supportive towards them and also to us as a family. My dad was residential care and Mum was continuing care. We were kept informed of any changes in their health and were able to help in their care as and when we asked.

Submitted by Sarah Walters (daughter of resident) on Friday 12 April 2013.

Review of Swn-y-Mor Care Centre

Very happy to recommend Swn-Y-Mor because I am sincerely glad that my husband has been able to be cared for there. When I visit my husband it is like going to my second home. The staff treat me with the care and support I had not expected and I appreciate their care and interest in me too. They always put me in the picture about the situation with my husband's care and we enjoy the activities which are put on at the home etc.

Submitted by Barbara D (Wife of Resident) on Monday 8 April 2013.

Submit a Recommendation for Swn-y-Mor Care Centre

There are no jobs posted yet for Swn-y-Mor Care Centre

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Swn-y-Mor Care Centre