Swn-y-Mor Care Centre, Port Talbot, Neath - Port Talbot

Swn-y-Mor Care Centre is a residential and nursing home that also specialises in welcoming younger residents with physical disabilities, thanks to a versatile environment and a flexible team of 88 dedicated staff.

Located in Port Talbot and sitting right on the coastline, the home has the advantage of delightful sea views enjoyed from a large garden area. There is also a great deal to enjoy within the centre itself, an extensive activities programme orchestrated by a team of 3, dedicated activities coordinators, providing activities ranging from indoor skittles to its very own gardening club.

The centre also has its own mini bus, allowing residents to get out and about on a regular basis on a range of accompanied excursions.

Swn-y-Mor Care Centre was the proud winner of the "Yours Magazine", UK Care Home of the Year award in 2009.

Group: Handsale Ltd

Person in charge: Sharon Williams (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 76 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Down Syndrome • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Welsh

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care & Social Services Inspectorate* Report on Swn-y-Mor Care Centre : click here

* Care & Social Services Inspectorate Wales (CSSIW) is responsible for the registration and inspection of social care services in Wales.

No Bed Vacancies

posted 08 Jun 2015

We currently have no availability. Please call for waiting list enquiries.

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.2 for Swn-y-Mor Care Centre) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Swn-y-Mor Care Centre

It is by far the best Care Home in the area that I have seen and indeed on visiting first I said that I wouldn't mind coming there myself if I was ever to need residential care! My mother has been made extremely welcome by the kind and caring staff and is gradually accepting that her mobility is not good enough to return home. The home is in a beautiful position right on Aberavon seafront and it is easy to take my mother in a wheelchair out to the promenade. My mother's only grumble is that there could be a greater variety of food with larger meat portions but I imagine that budgetary constraints are a factor here.

Swn-y-Mor Care Centre

My family and I wish to express our gratitude for the care and kindness shown to our mother during her stay at Swn-Y-Mor. In the light of recent reports in the media citing poor care of some homes, I feel I must express the comfort and reassurance that we all felt that our mother was being looked after with professionalism, compassion, and dignity. The staff whom we all got to know over the three years that mam was living there were without doubt, on a daily basis, giving high quality care with good humour. It was these qualities that our mother would always remark on when we visited her. She felt cared for and safe and stated many, many times that the staff always went out of their way to make her as comfortable as possible and she appreciated this above anything else. We feel Swn-Y-Mor shoudl be a beacon of excellence to other care homes for their focus on individual care for each client and their relatives. We visited our mother at all times of the week and all times of the day and the atmosphere was always happy and vibrant, reflecting the personalities and ethos of the care staff. This includes every member of the team from front of house to behind the scenes as they all had a smile and a word of welcome for us when we visited. When our mother was dying but able to stay at Swn-Y-Mor the assurance that we felt cannot be put into words and we thank each and everyone one of the staff involved in her care. We also thank those who were able to come say farewell to mam at her funeral. We know that mam would have been touched by so many coming. I write this letter with a background of 38 years experience as a Senior Nursing Sister and I would be proud to work alongside the team at Swn-Y-Mor.

Submit a Recommendation for Swn-y-Mor Care Centre

Please note this form is only for Recommendations (ie positive comments) & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required.

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Swn-y-Mor Care Centre

There are no jobs posted yet for Swn-y-Mor Care Centre

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Swn-y-Mor Care Centre