Beechwood Park Nursing Home

136 Main Steet, New Sauchie, Alloa FK10 3JZ

Beechwood Park Nursing Home, Alloa, Clackmannanshire

Beechwood Park Nursing Home has been purpose-built in an ideal location for those with care needs who wish to remain a part of community life, with good access to amenities while enjoying a comfortable home life.

Residents are supported in making the most of a light and airy interior, with versatile communal areas and personal interests encouraged alongside skilled nursing.

The home has been organised to minimise symptoms of confusion or disorientation, allowing it to welcome clients with different types of dementia, including Alzheimer’s disease and vascular dementia.

Group: Caring Homes Group

Person in charge: Kellymarie Jack (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Clackmannanshire Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 62 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Challenging Behaviour • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room

posted 16 hours ago

Please call 01259 720355 for further information about the current Bed Vacancies at Beechwood Park.

8.9 Beechwood Park Nursing Home has a Review Score of 8.9 (8.874)

The Review Score of 8.9 (maximum of 10) for Beechwood Park Nursing Home is based on 13 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 8.874 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.455 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 4.419 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

• The maximum Review Score for a care home / service is 10 and it is based on the published Reviews in the last 2 years. When a Review is submitted by someone who has previously submitted a Review, only the latest Review will count towards the Review Score.

The Review Score of 8.874 for Beechwood Park Nursing Home is based on 13 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.455 for Beechwood Park Nursing Home is calculated as follows: ( (80 Excellents x 5) + (67 Goods x 4) + (9 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 156 Ratings = 4.455

The Quantity Score of 4.419 for Beechwood Park Nursing Home is calculated as follows:

• We receive approximately 15% of Reviews/Recommendations through website submission and 85% of Reviews/Recommendations through Review/Recommendation Cards (only available to Enhanced / Premium Services more info).

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Beechwood Park Nursing Home?

Reviewer Connection to Beechwood Park Nursing Home

The Overall Average of all the Ratings in the following

10 Reviews* is 4.4 out of 5

*The Average Rating only uses ratings from the 10 reviews. Ratings from the 3 recommendations are not used for the Average Rating as the rating options were limited to Excellent, Good and Satisfactory.

I am more than pleased with the care my father receives at Beechwood. Each and everyone of the carers are brilliant with him. Although he has dementia, I can see that he's happy, which has a lot to do with the way the carers treat him. I would have no hesitation in recommending this home, to anyone who is looking to place a relative in such care. From the management down to the cleaners, I could not fault them.

How likely would you be to recommend Beechwood Park Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

I am happy with the care my partner receives in this care home. He is always clean and is content so I have no worried. His needs are met by the more than competent carers. He seems happy in himself. I would certainly recommend Beechwood to families looking for care for their relatives. The home is nice and clean, especially with the new floor. It is always warm, so the residents can be comfortable. I can honestly say that Beechwood is one of the better care homes.

My Father recently passed away having been in this home suffering vascular dementia. During his time there the staff were superb and I could not fault their level of care and compassion. Feeding times were always difficult for dad due to a tremor he had but the staff always assisted him with his meals and drinks. On any occasion a doctor had to be called we were kept well informed and given the option to be present if desired. When he became gravely ill we were informed immediately and during his last days we were offered every courtesy including food and drinks for us when we were there with him. The staff were wonderful when he did finally pass away and couldn't have been any more supportive, including attending his funeral. I would have no concerns about highly recommending this home based upon our personal experience.

The care home staff are friendly and treat my mother-in-law very well and with respect.
The home and room are always clean, my mother-in-law always enjoys the activities.

How likely would you be to recommend Beechwood Park Nursing Home? Likely

My father became a full time resident in the home in May 2015. My dad has vascular dementia and after an extremely distressful period in hospital and also a period of respite we approached Beechwood Park looking for care for dad. I brought my mum to an introductory visit where the nurse involved displayed empathy and understanding, fully explaining the care which could be provided and also the application process. This was an extremely difficult decision for my mum to take but the nurse who assisted manged to alleviate some of her worries. When dad moved in the staff could not have been more helpful or understanding, not just to dad but also to mum. Dad was dealing with a progression in his illness and was obviously uncertain about his new surroundings. The staff made every effort to ensure he was comfortable and reassured as much as possible. Unfortunately dad was re admitted to hospital, due to again, deterioration in his condition. During this hospital stay he experienced a very distressing incident. In my period of dealing with the hospital involved, the staff from Beechwood Park were fully supportive to me and did everything within their remit to have dad returned to Beechwood Park as soon as possible. Dad is now in Wallace suite. He is again very obviously well cared for, something which helps mum. There have been certain individuals who I feel have gone beyond expectations but in all of my visits I have felt reassured in the care displayed. This letter comes from the family to thank all the staff concerned in the care of dad. I hope in some way it may be useful to reassure other families who have to make a difficult decision to care for a family member.

I feel that my relative is being cared for with dignity and respect. She is receiving a good standard of care from the staff. Staff are very informative if there is anything wrong with my relatives health. Very pleased with the standard of service delivery.

How likely would you be to recommend Beechwood Park Nursing Home? Likely

My aunt is very happy and well looked after and the staff are caring and well trained.

I visited my husband twice during his stay and I found the staff pleasant and helpful. My daughter was phoned few times re falls my husband had. She has power of attorney, she was informed immediately and assured her father was OK. The room occupied by my husband was always clean and tidy and was a large airy room with excellent en suite facilities I was well satisfied with my husband's care.

How likely would you be to recommend Beechwood Park Nursing Home? Likely

My mother has been a resident at Beechwood for the past seven years. In that time she has always had excellent care and has been treated with dignity and respect. All staff have had a caring approach. Our family have been happy to know she is safe and her needs have been met. Staff nurses involve us with care plans which are regularly updated as well as informing us of any health concerns. I would highly recommend this nursing home.

From my first visit to view Beechwood. I have found all the staff to be very friendly and helpful. It is wonderful for me that my husband seems to be very content. The nurses are very good with what can be a difficult situation as he has no speech, so I tend to ask questions and I think we liaise well.

My dad is a resident in the Myreton and has for the last 5 years. We find the staff are friendly and helpful. His care is good and is quite happy. He used to enjoy music and singing entertainment, but there doesn't seem to be much of that now.

No Average Rating is available*

Having been involved in visiting care homes over the years. I cannot speak highly enough of all aspects of caring and compassion I have witnessed since my sister became a resident at Beech Park, in January. It is spacious and bright, all staff I have encountered are friendly & helpful. My excellent "ratings" speak for themselves!

No Average Rating is available*

When looking for a home for my friend Margaret we went to more than one, as soon as we came into Beechwood Park we knew it was the right place for her. We did not make an appointment we just turned up, they made us feel welcome and very informative. Margaret has been in Beechwood since beginning of February 2015 and I can honestly say this has been the right move for Margaret. Always plenty of activities and staff are excellent at all times.

Submit a Review for Beechwood Park Nursing Home

Kellymarie

Kellymarie Jack

Joined: 2014

As Manager of Beechwood Park, Kellymarie leads her professional Care Team in delivering the highest level of care and support for residents and their relatives.

Having qualified as a Registered Mental Health Nurse in 2003, Kellymarie spent three years working for the NHS before joining Caring Homes. She previously served as Home Manager for our sister home in Auchtermuchty, Strathview, before taking over at Beechwood Park.

Her nursing experience has equipped Kellymarie well for Care Home Management; she always works hard to ensure that those in her care lead happy and fulfilling lives, whilst maintaining choice over the care and support they receive.

Kellymarie believes in maintaining strong relationships with residents and their relatives, understanding the important contribution that these relationships make to the successful running of a care home.

‘I love nothing more than finding out from our residents, relatives and colleagues, what I can do to make their time here better or more settled.’

Kellymarie notes her greatest professional achievement as enabling a range of adults with learning disabilities to take holidays across the UK and Europe.

Away from work, she likes to relax by spending time with her two children.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Beechwood Park Nursing Home