Hillview Court Nursing Home, Alloa, Clackmannanshire

Hillview Court Nursing Home specialises in provision for adults with dementia, acquired brain injuries and learning disabilities, with professional care practiced amidst homely interiors and scenic countryside surroundings.

Hillview Court is a modern, purpose-built care centre that also welcomes alcohol-related illnesses – each of the houses has its own living and dining facilities and all bedrooms and communal areas are light and airy. All the houses are single-storey to ensure ease of accessibility.

Three of the houses provide care for people living with a learning disabilities; two houses support older residents with a form of dementia (one of which was in the top three finalist for Scottish Care Awards 2009), another house provides nursing care for older people and there is now a new house for individuals with acquired brain injuries( Including alcohol related illnesses) which opened July 2011.

Group: Caring Homes Group

Person in charge: Jane Hamilton (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Clackmannanshire Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 48 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alcohol Dependence (past or present) • Alzheimer's • Asperger Syndrome • Autism/ASD • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Down Syndrome • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Neuropathic • Parkinson's Disease • Profound & Multiple Learning Disabilties • Schizophrenia • Speech Impairment • Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Television point in own room

Review Score: 9 (9.008)

The user Review Score of 9 for Hillview Court Nursing Home is based on 9 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 9.008 is made up of 4.733 Points relating to the ratings and 4.275 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

Food options are limited and my brother often struggles to get healthy options other than salad. He would like to have a more varied choice.

How likely would you be to recommend Hillview Court Nursing Home? Extremely LIKELY

Jane Hamilton, Hillview Court Manager at Hillview Court Nursing Home responded to this review on 11 Aug 2015:

We really appreciate your feedback. At Hillview Court we pride ourselves on providing outstanding choices and quality produce when creating a healthy and varied menu, meeting the needs of every resident’s individual dietary requirements. To ensure we continually meet these standards we are arranging a meeting with our Chef and your brother to establish how we might help make sure the choices he prefers are available in the future, while continuing to ensure that his dietary requirements are met. We always welcome the opportunity to review and improve upon what we offer and hope you will share your thoughts with us in the home.

This is a friendly, patient, helpful home. Very understanding of client's and relatives needs. Communication with relatives is excellent and any small issues are sorted before they become a problem. Clients are divided into small groups and cared for in a patient ratio of 1 : 4. Carers are regularly the same people and become well known to residents. There is a friendly, family atmosphere.

My husband has Alzheimer's and while I managed to keep him at home for 7 years, eventually I had to make the decision for him to go into care. Looking around local homes, Hillview came first for a number of reasons: their caring staff, the warmth of their welcome to residents and visitors. The comfortable facilities also made this change of residence much easier and settling in happened quite quickly.
Visiting my husband, I have always felt welcome and able to phone as often as I need.

My dad is so well looked after in Hillview care home. Dad has dementia and is in the "Primrose"care area. They tend to his needs and he is so well looked after, he is happy there which is great.

Sincere thanks to the Manager and all staff at Hillview for the care and support provided . The warm and homely caring atmosphere is always evident and my relative is very happy there. The staff really showed their compassion and dedication when my relative ended up in FVRH Staff went out of their way to support him throughout his stay there, and since his return to the Home. Special arrangements had to be made, and the staff went that extra mile to ensure that he was surrounded and supported by people that he knew at all times. I have no doubt that he would not have recovered so well without this love and support.

The home is spacious, well maintained, and always clean and fresh. Residents are safe and secure and I would wholeheartedly recommend this caring home.

Charles is unable to write his comments due to a stroke, however he wants to express how he feels. He is comfortable here at Hillview and happy with the staff and the care provided, he feels the staff know his needs despite his difficulty in speech at times, he has his T.V and feels it is very much like home and would not want to move anywhere else.

Before I came here, my sister took me around various care homes but as soon as we went to Hillview I felt I would be very comfortable here. It seemed a very light hearted atmosphere existed. The carers were so helpful and were excellent at explaining anything that you wanted to know. We are all well fed and are taken out on the homes bus when the weather is fine. I have a small patio where I can plant flowers which I am very interested in. I have a magazine delivered ever week to do crosswords and I have plenty of jigsaws. I have been here for three years and I don't think you could find a nicer home.

I came here from hospital because I was no longer able to look after myself. I am very well looked after by the staff and I'm very content and well cared for. The home is very comfortable and the staff could not be kinder.

I came here from home as I was unable to care for myself. The home is excellent in all aspects.

Submit a Review for Hillview Court Nursing Home

November 2011

Scottish Care Awards

Recipient: Hillview Court Nursing Home

Date: Friday 18 Nov 2011

Registered General Nurse

£11.44 - £12.78 (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)
Alloa, Clackmannanshire

Jane

Jane Hamilton

Joined: 2010

Jane has over 24 years experience providing care in the NHS and private care sector. She joined Caring Homes in 2002 as Deputy Manager at Beechwood Park, then went on to become Manager of Hillview Court later that year. Following this she commissioned Marchglen Care Centre in December 2006 and managed it until returning to Hillview in November 2012.

Jane is a qualified learning disability nurse and has completed SVQ level 4 in care and achieved her Registered Managers award in 2007. Jane is proud to have joined an award winning team who were awarded Specialist Care Provider from the Scottish Care Association for their Acquired Brain Injury Unit in 2011 and were finalists in 2009 for their work in Dementia Care.

Hillview provides a wide range of care for older people, people with dementia, learning disabilities and acquired brain injury within 7 individual units.

Underpinning everything they do at Hillview is a strong commitment to providing a high standard of holistic care and to meeting individual wishes and aspirations.

Jane loves the daily challenges associated with managing Hillview Court and particularly enjoys chatting with residents and families and listening to their views and feedback for continual improvement. She also strives to work closely with her staff team to develop their skills and to learn from them.

Whether it be at work or her personal life, Jane loves a challenge and is looking forward to taking part in Race for Life with her daughter Emily Jane to help spur her on.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Hillview Court Nursing Home