The Orchard Care Centre

Lychgate Road, Tullibody, Alloa FK10 2RQ

The Orchard Care Centre, Alloa, Clackmannanshire

Located within a residential area of Alloa, The Orchard Care Centre is a purpose built facility offering dementia, nursing and residential care.

At The Orchard, Residents have a choice of lounge areas which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings. The home has a range of comfortable and well-equipped bedrooms. To personalise their bedroom, residents bring their own items of furniture and personal belongings such as ornaments and pictures.

Chefs at The Orchard pride themselves on knowing the tastes of residents and preparing a choice of home cooked, fresh, nutritional meals and catering for any dietary and cultural needs. At HC-One, experienced home managers and members of staff ensure kindness is at the heart of everything they do.

Person in charge: Jayne Aitken (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Clackmannanshire Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 57 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alcohol Dependence (past or present) • Alzheimer's • Anorexia/Bulimia/Self Harming • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Down Syndrome • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Schizophrenia • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents

posted 05 Sep 2016

Please contact us for information regarding our bed availability

9.9 The Orchard Care Centre has a Review Score of 9.9 (9.918)

The Review Score of 9.9 (maximum of 10) for The Orchard Care Centre is based on 55 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.918 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.918 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 5 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 9.918 for The Orchard Care Centre is based on 55 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.918 for The Orchard Care Centre is calculated as follows: ( (603 Excellents x 5) + (54 Goods x 4) ) ÷ 657 Ratings = 4.918

The Quantity Score of 5 for The Orchard Care Centre is calculated as follows:

3. (54 Positive Reviews ÷ 57 Registered Beds) x 2 = 1.895 (maximum score = 1)

• We receive approximately 15% of Reviews/Recommendations through website submission and 85% of Reviews/Recommendations through Review/Recommendation Cards (only available to Enhanced / Premium Services more info).

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend The Orchard Care Centre?

Reviewer Connection to The Orchard Care Centre

The Overall Average of all the Ratings in the following

24 Reviews* is 4.9 out of 5

*The Average Rating only uses ratings from the 24 reviews. Ratings from the 31 recommendations are not used for the Average Rating as the rating options were limited to Excellent, Good and Satisfactory.

I was in hospital for a long time. I felt that this is my new home and I will get used to it fine.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

I like it here. I have lived in Tullibody all my life. I have a lot of friends here.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

I like my stay here. I love going out in the minibus. The entertainment is great.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

I am just new here but I am enjoying myself. There is always lots to do.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Staff 1st class. Noticeable improvement in my mother since she moved in. Nothing is too much trouble and all her needs are catered for. We feel that a weight has been listed off us. We know she is safe and we are always made to feel welcome.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

The care for my mother was simply excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

The Orchard is very homely here. I like the buzz with everything going on. My family come in everyday to see me. They are happy I am looked after well.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

The friendliness of staff attracted me and my family to The Orchard. I had a sister who previously stayed here and we had seen the change for the better that had been made. I am enjoying my stay and I am glad I can call it my new home.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

I realise that this is not my home but I am enjoying my stay here. Everyone is very nice. The staff are great, meals are great. There is a nice feel about The Orchard which is warm and comfortable.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

As you will understand it is a very difficult time when a loved one has to enter a care home as you cannot give them the care they need. We have been together for over 50 years. I was really nervous of putting my husband into others hands and having the confidence that he would be well looked after. As time has passed I am in every day and am so much more relaxed about it. The staff are very friendly and welcoming to me and more importantly I see they are kind, patient and compassionate to my husbands and other residents. The management are very open to any questions I have and always contact me if any small detail changes. His room is clean and well kept and he is freshly dressed. I am so grateful to them all.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Management and staff have been excellent, very efficient in every aspect of their job. This has made otherwise terrible settling in period a lot easier for my dad (resident) and also the family. Extra thanks and praise also for helping my dad grieve after his wife passed away suddenly, I feel totally at ease leaving him in their care. There is always a friendly atmosphere when we visit. Activities are frequent an we as a family feel at ease to join in. We are kept well informed about his care and health. I would have no doubt in recommending the home to anyone else.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

From the minute I stepped through the door of the home, I knew it was where I wanted my mother to live out her life. There was an instant atmosphere of warmth, caring and happiness. I cannot praise the home enough and couldn't have wished for better care for my mum. An exceptional manager and extremely dedicated and helpful staff who made every possible effort to make my mum's last few months as enjoyable, comfortable and happy as it could be. Above all for all their wonderful qualities, patience, compassion, respect, friendliness and cheerfulness. The staff CARE. It's obvious. I only hope HC-One realise how very fortunate they are to have the management and staff they do at The Orchard Care Home.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

When visiting the home we always find it very homely and friendly. The staff are always helpful. They treat my sister with dignity and respect. The home has a good variety of entertainment for the residents.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

My mother (92 years old) appears perfectly happy and content to be a resident here. My wife and I are satisfied with mums overall here. My wife and I are satisfied with mums overall care. She has a lovely en-suite room which is well lit with natural light. Her room is clean and well maintained. The variety of food at meal-times is very good; we occasionally have lunch with mum.

The staff are very caring and friendly towards residents and staff alike. During our visits which are often, there are always a good number of fellow visitors sitting having tea and chatting to family - an indication of a very good care home.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

I have found all the staff very helpful and caring, not only to my mother but to all the residents. There is plenty of entertainment on and a variety to suit all the residents. They also manage to take some of the residents out for a run in the mini bus. The home is very cosy and clean and well maintained. The staff are also very cheery.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

I have to cone to the Orchard as I was not well enough to look after myself at home. I have settled in well and now enjoy my place I call home. Everyday we are entertained and well fed. My family are happy that I am happy and settled and are well active.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

I have stayed in the Orchard for a while now. I really enjoy my home here. I am cared for to the best high standards. The meals are great and we have a good range of different things. We are always kept busy doing lots of different activities. The staff are friendly and very helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

I have been a resident her for sometime and I really enjoy my stay here. We are entertained well and the meals are very enjoyable. I enjoy staying here.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

My mother stays at The Orchard. I am very happy with the care they provide my mother. I feel she has improved since she has moved from her own home to The Orchard.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Tullibody care home The Orchard is the ideal place for my father. After suffering a bad stroke he needs 24 hour care and the staff are second to none. So professional, attentive and friendly. Any requests are dealt with quickly and efficiently and nothing is too much trouble. My father is limited in response but he can intimate what he likes and doesn't like and he likes being here, he is very well looked after. Myself and my family are very happy with the level of care and attention my father gets.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Very happy with mums care but the home would benefit from the implementation of WIFI facilities to enable residents to communicate with family/friends abroad.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

My cousin is much happier here as she has company and is well looked after. This makes me happy an reassured.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

My experience of The Orchard care home leaves me more than convinced that my decision to have my wife cared for here was the best decision I have ever made. This is a "Care" home in the true sense of the word.

The staff are all really nice to me. I feel safe and happy. My sister visits me and takes me out. The home is nice to live in.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

I really enjoy it here. I have now accepted this is my home. The people are really friendly and look after me well. The meals here are very nice and traditional. I enjoy all the activities, we are always kept very busy. I have been to the concerts which are very good.

No Average Rating is available*

I think it is excellent and the staff are all so friendly and warm. The Orchard is so very clean and my mum says the food is excellent too. She also enjoys the entertainment.

No Average Rating is available*

Sad to leave us tomorrow as being here is like home from home and if you didn't like it, it would be hard to please.

No Average Rating is available*

This was not my choice for my Mum. I wanted her to move into a brand new care home which has just opened. Mum decided otherwise, she didn't want to live in a hotel she said but a home from home. The Orchard is definitely that; professional staff providing caring support. A free and easy entertainment programme for all, residents family and friends. Residents are consulted and most importantly their views and suggestions are acted upon. My Mum is happy, I am supported and know she is well cared for.

No Average Rating is available*

I like living here, the staff are really good and always kind. There is a lot for me to do and staff know what I enjoy. They help me when I can't do things myself. The food is good.

No Average Rating is available*

Yes, I would recommend coming here. Securing, caring of the welfare of all the residents.

No Average Rating is available*

Staff are very friendly and helpful. Food is very good and the rooms are always clean and tidy.

No Average Rating is available*

My mother has settled in the home, she had a few problems with her own self depression but it was addressed. The staff are all good with time to talk which makes a big difference. Jane the manager always has time for you and you can talk to her about everything on your mind. My mother mixes well and is looked after. I can go on holiday with a settled mind.

No Average Rating is available*

Mum has been in the care home for nearly three months and in this time the staff have been fantastic. Mum had problems with medication and the staff and nurses were supportive throughout and ensured they followed through with GP's and other health resources to make sure the medication were appropriate and helping to settle mum. The staff have helped dad come to terms with the situation and have shown every care and consideration in their dealings with all of us during what has been a difficult period. I cant imagine any where better!

No Average Rating is available*

I am very happy with the care mum receives. The staff, residents and visitors interact in a very friendly way which creates a lovely atmosphere for all. Activities are very good for frail and elderly but perhaps more individual activities could be provided for dementia unit, not an easy task.

No Average Rating is available*

At one point in my life I inspected care homes. Without question Orchard is by far the finest I have ever seen. The staff and management were always prepared to go the extra mile if required. When my sister was dying we refused to have her sent to hospital, as she would not receive the standard of care she had. My sister spent her last months among staff who became great friends. That was a comfort to both Mary and all of her family and friends.

No Average Rating is available*

I have nothing but praise for the manager and her staff. Mary received the best of care with great compassion. I am deeply grateful to everyone concerned.

No Average Rating is available*

My mother has been resident in the above care home for just over 2 years. I have visited her regularly over this time and I am very satisfied with her care. She is well looked after, treated with dignity and respect at all times and is very happy in a calm and well run home. staff work very hard, but remain cheery and welcoming.

No Average Rating is available*

My father was a resident here for 5 years. He had vascular dementia. The care he received in all that time was impeccable. In his last few hours the love and first class care he received made it feel like he was in his own home. Truly wonderful staff who are a credit to their profession. The activities and outings in happier times were also exceptional. A real home from home!!

No Average Rating is available*

We were recommended to The Orchard by our general practitioner, because he thought The Orchard was the happiest home on his rounds. The staff are all a very jolly bunch.

No Average Rating is available*

My friend has been in the home for 2 and a half years he is very happy and so am I. He is looked after with a very good staff and management.

No Average Rating is available*

There is no doubt that my mother is so well cared for in every sense at The Orchard. Of particular note is the very genuine and personal care from all the staff. The fact that they talk to her,encourage her and care for her ever need speaks volumes to their understanding of the elderly, sick and disabled. The respect and support shown to my mother is humbling and priceless, both to me and my sister (the whole family) with a confidence that mum is in the best place to see her frail but ever important life out. Thank you.

No Average Rating is available*

This is a well run care home with excellent management and staff. I have found it very difficult to deal with my situation and the manager and her staff have been very supportive.

No Average Rating is available*

Have been great settling James into The Orchard. Really happy with the service James is given.

No Average Rating is available*

I feel happy staying here for the rest of my days, it's a home from home. I get well fed and the kitchen provide meals I like. I enjoy the cinema, watching a variety of movies and I enjoy going on trips on the bus.

No Average Rating is available*

I'm happy here, the staff give you fun as well as being serious when it comes to their job looking after us. The meals are good and I prefer it on a smaller plate which the staff cater for and I eat it better. I enjoy watching movies in the cinema, I enjoy chatting with the staff about the old days and I love my baths. Staff do things in order.

No Average Rating is available*

Very happy with the care and attention you get, the staff are understanding. If I can't eat all my meals they will put it on a smaller plate. The staff are friendly and like to make me laugh, they often sing and dance. There are lots of activities going on within the home but they aren't pushy, a person feels safe when they are in beside the staff.

No Average Rating is available*

Rick has been in for 2 weeks respite and is now in long term, and I have found everything satisfactory. The staff are excellent as are the management, doing a very difficult job.

No Average Rating is available*

I love it there, the staff are friendly, helpful and it's homely for me. On birthdays they make it special with a cake and they sing happy birthday, we have everything we need.

No Average Rating is available*

From the moment my mum arrived in The Orchard she has been treated with dignity and respect. The staff always make us fell welcome. My mum is really happy and settled.

No Average Rating is available*

My sister spent ages trying to find the ideal place for my mum and also find a place which she felt was suitable for her needs both in terms of her dementia but also for her disability. She found Orchard Care Home to be best to her requirements and I am pleased that she did!. On every occasion that visited, never mind my sisters regular visits, I was always impressed by the atmosphere of professional happiness and care. The establishment exuded this in all areas and from all the staff. Most of the staff if indeed not all are very local to the area and this plays a pivotal part in the homely, secure and relaxed aura which was clear for all to see. You could very much have been still living at home with your neighbours popping in to see you... such was the connection and understanding. I was struck by the minute by minute care and attention to detail that not only my mother was afforded but all residents. Your staff have patience of saints. We are only too aware of the recent "bad Press" given to care home, some of which is justified but essentially the majority give what they set out to provide I am quite sure and your home Jane can surely be judged to be one of the best. We all knew what the outcome would be in my mum's case and when the time finally came to say a final goodbye the staff were there with us during our final weekend. Their unfailing and sincere kindness, care and professionalism made this time very special and at no time were they intrusive or controlling. Their guidance helped my mums passing to be a peaceful and personal thing. I cannot thank them enough and I would be pleased of you could mention again to them how taken I was by them and the way they carry out their, sometimes very difficult tasks. I am a teacher and have been teaching for 34 years now. I knew very little about the care home system but I have come to realise that as much as I take care of children and set them off on their life journey in the best possible and professional way, it seems to me that you and your staff are there with them to make that journey complete when the need arises. it allows them dignity and understanding at a time when there may be very little of either. Thank you.

Very caring staff

Before entering this care home my mother lived alone at home. She has greatly improved and is a very sociable person. There are lots of activities which keeps her physically and mentally active. She recently was admitted to hospital and when she got out the care from the staff was wonderful. They involve the whole family. They communicate extremely well so that you know what is happening.
Food is very good and staff ensure each client has correct nutrition for their needs. Staff know each resident well and also their family members. Family are made very welcome and can participate if they wish.

No Average Rating is available*

Care from start to end was fantastic. Highly recommend care home, couldn't do enough for dad and us.

No Average Rating is available*

My sister is very settled at the home and is very pleased with most of the other residents. She also gets on with the staff.

About my fathers care

My father Alexander passed away on the 19-10-2014 and I would like to thank all the nurses and staff from the the bottom of our hearts for service and care shown to both my father and us, nothing was too much trouble and your care was 2nd to none.

No Average Rating is available*

My brother , sister and I have no complaints whatsoever regarding our sisters care in this home.

Submit a Review for The Orchard Care Centre

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at The Orchard Care Centre