Thorntree Mews, Falkirk, Falkirk

Situated in the centre of the historic town of Falkirk, Thorntree Mews is a 40 bedded care home which offers specialist nursing, residential and dementia care. The home can also provide long and short term respite stays as and when availability allows.

Care Manager Merissa Meason has over 25 years of experience in the healthcare profession and has been manager at Thorntree Mews for 10 years. The experienced care team at take care of the varied healthcare needs of residents, from specialist support to general assistance with everyday living, while respecting their need for an independent and dignified lifestyle.

The home has retained some of the building’s original features including stained glass windows, high ceilings and grand fire places which adds to the impressive feel of the home. Owners Countrywide Care Homes have recently invested in updating and refurbishing the home’s facilities and modernising décor throughout. Facilities include spacious lounges and quiet rooms on each floor, an on-site hair salon and a conservatory overlooking the outdoor patio area.

All areas are wheelchair accessible and en-suite bedrooms are available, along with a choice of bathroom and shower room facilities.

The Activities Coordinators at the home provide a full programme of activities, entertainment and events for residents to choose from. The home also benefits from strong links to the local community and from having access to a mini bus for day trips out.

Group: Countrywide Care Homes Ltd

Person in charge: Merissa Meason (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Falkirk Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 40 residents

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Polish

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

The Review Score of 9.4 (maximum of 10) for Thorntree Mews is based on 10 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.373 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.873 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 4.5 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 9.373 for Thorntree Mews is based on 10 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.873 for Thorntree Mews is calculated as follows: ( (104 Excellents x 5) + (13 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 118 Ratings = 4.873

The Quantity Score of 4.5 for Thorntree Mews is calculated as follows:

2. 0.1 x 10 Positive Reviews = 1.000

Thorntree Mews is in my experience with my mother-in-law an excellent home. She's very content and happy here. The staff are excellent and the food and snacks are excellent. I would recommend to anybody.

How likely would you be to recommend Thorntree Mews? Extremely Likely

The home could not be better ran, all the staff are excellent. I feel very safe within the home, all the staff take great care of me. I visit my wife daily and if the weather is bad the staff take me to visit her in their mini bus. There is always a lot of activities going on which in join in with. We have lots of outings to different places. I like the cinema and a meal out. All the staff are very kind and caring, I could not wish for a better place except home, its first class.

How likely would you be to recommend Thorntree Mews? Extremely Likely

Both my family and I are extremely happy with all aspect of care and attention offered by Thorntree Mews, which we all are very grateful for. It is very comforting for us to know that he is happy and contented here. During the last three years, all the family, and my husband himself, have had peace and comfort knowing he is happy where he is.

How likely would you be to recommend Thorntree Mews? Extremely Likely

My mum has been a resident since April this year and has settled in very well. All the staff have been extremely kind and made a great effort to get to know mum and what makes her happy and content. Staff are always on hand to offer support and advice and all the family feel more at ease knowing mum is receiving the best care possible. The entire facility is always spotlessly clean and smells fresh, as does my mums bedroom. The menu is varied and although mum has many challenges, staff have always managed to keep her diet varied and nutritious. The residents lounge is always very welcoming, however during this festive period the "Christmassy" feel has been exceptional. I would have no hesitation in recommending this care home and staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Thorntree Mews? Extremely Likely

My Mum has been a resident now for approximately 11 months. During this time I have not seen my Mum looking uncared for. No matter what time we visit she is always spotless and well groomed. A look in the Residents' Lounge also confirms that every resident is cared for to a very high standard. Residents are treated as individuals and with respect and dignity. It is very obvious that all the staff have gone out of their way to find the residents likes and dislikes and are also interested in the welfare of the residents' family. Any queries or suggestions I have had regarding my Mum have been answered or acted on promptly and in a very professional manner. My Mum is receiving excellent nursing care that I couldn't give her and I would have no hesitation in recommending Thorntree Mews Care Home. They are a great team.

How likely would you be to recommend Thorntree Mews? Extremely Likely

My father is well looked after and has fitted in very well. Enjoys the food and has actually gained weight since coming in here. Also his mobility has improved considerably. Very friendly home and staff - residents are very nice. Have nothing negative to say - made the right choice for my dad.

How likely would you be to recommend Thorntree Mews? Extremely Likely

My father has been in this home since January 2015. During this time he has been treated with care, dignity and compassion. His eyesight is very poor so suffers from hallucination (Charles Bonnet Syndrome). This has challenged the carers and management but they have coped with it well. They keep us informed of any changes, falls etc. so communication with us is excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Thorntree Mews? Extremely Likely

Staff; Friendly, helpful, caring and responsive.
Food; Two choices, mum enjoying meals, putting on pounds around tummy. Lovely tea/snacks.
Drink; Juice and water readily available, mum needs prompting to drink.
Building and Fabric; spacious, clean, beautifully maintained.
Cleaning; Very clean, no care home odours in main building and own room, regular fresh flowers.
Care plan; Extremely comprehensive.
Entertainment; Limited to tv on all day, occasional sing songs and outings, Monday club, hairdressing weekly.

How likely would you be to recommend Thorntree Mews? Extremely Likely

My mother has been in Thorntree for just over 6 weeks and I have found the standards of care, support, food and cleanliness to be excellent. The staff have been very patient and have made a real effort to get to know my mother and to look after all her needs and requirements. They are unfailingly good humoured, while at the same time being very professional in their approach. They are very welcoming to relatives and friends who come to visit, which makes the experience much easier for us. I would not hesitate to recommend this care home.

My mother has been a resident for only two months and so the ratings below are therefore based on this short period.

Submit a Review for Thorntree Mews

There are no jobs posted yet for Thorntree Mews

Merissa

Merissa Meason

Job Title: Care Manager

Hello my name is Merissa Meason and I am the Registered Care Manager of Thorntree Mews which is situated in the centre of Falkirk.

I have been the Care Manger of Thorntree Mews for 8 years and I have worked in the healthcare profession for 15 years, where I completed my NVQ Levels 2, 3 and 4. I also gained my Registered Manager’s Award in 2004.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Thorntree Mews