Thorntree Mews, Falkirk, Falkirk
Thorntree Mews
Thorntree Mews

Situated in the centre of the historic town of Falkirk, Thorntree Mews is a 40 bedded care home which offers specialist nursing, residential and dementia care. The home can also provide long and short term respite stays as and when availability allows.

Care Manager Merissa Meason has over 25 years of experience in the healthcare profession and has been manager at Thorntree Mews for 10 years. The experienced care team at take care of the varied healthcare needs of residents, from specialist support to general assistance with everyday living, while respecting their need for an independent and dignified lifestyle.

The home has retained some of the building’s original features including stained glass windows, high ceilings and grand fire places which adds to the impressive feel of the home. Owners Countrywide Care Homes have recently invested in updating and refurbishing the home’s facilities and modernising décor throughout. Facilities include spacious lounges and quiet rooms on each floor, an on-site hair salon and a conservatory overlooking the outdoor patio area.

All areas are wheelchair accessible and en-suite bedrooms are available, along with a choice of bathroom and shower room facilities.

The Activities Coordinators at the home provide a full programme of activities, entertainment and events for residents to choose from. The home also benefits from strong links to the local community and from having access to a mini bus for day trips out.

Group: Countrywide Care Homes Ltd

Person in charge: Merissa Meason (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Falkirk Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 40 residents

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Polish

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Thorntree Mews

(Nursing)
posted 21 Oct 2014

February 2014

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.8 for Thorntree Mews) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Thorntree Mews

My mother has been in Thorntree for just over 6 weeks and I have found the standards of care, support, food and cleanliness to be excellent. The staff have been very patient and have made a real effort to get to know my mother and to look after all her needs and requirements. They are unfailingly good humoured, while at the same time being very professional in their approach. They are very welcoming to relatives and friends who come to visit, which makes the experience much easier for us. I would not hesitate to recommend this care home.

Submitted by Lesley Kinnaird (relaitve of resident) on Monday 30 June 2014.

Review of Thorntree Mews

My mother has been a resident for only two months and so the ratings below are therefore based on this short period.

Submitted by Alistair J (Son of resident) on Thursday 26 June 2014.

Review of Thorntree Mews

Thorntree Mews is a beautifully presented care home. It provides my mum with a very comfortable, warm and friendly environment. Staff are very helpful and friendly plus willing to help if necessary should I require it. I now know my mum is safe 24/7 which has now eased my stress considerably, in the knowledge that she is unable to wander the streets any time of day or night.

Submitted by Margo Walker (Daughter of resident) on Tuesday 15 April 2014.

Review of Thorntree Mews

My mum has recently moved to Thorntree Mews and is very content. Her health has improved and she is gaining weight after a lengthy illness. In my opinion the care given by the staff has played a major part in her recovery. I would highly recommend Thorntree Mews care home.

Submitted by Fiona G (Daughter of resident) on Tuesday 1 April 2014.

Review of Thorntree Mews

My grandma is in Thorntree Mews and although I don't visit much I really do enjoy the experience at the time of my visit. The staff are very nice and always very helpful and make me feel welcome. My grandma has nothing but praise for the home and calls then all 'Angels'. The home is very clean. I would recommend this home to anyone.

Submitted by Helen G (Granddaughter of Resident/Service User) on Tuesday 25 March 2014.

Review of Thorntree Mews

My knowledge of residential care homes is limited to the above facility but I have nothing but the highest praise for the staff, the comfort, the cleanliness, hygiene and quite simply the care! From our first drop in visit to this date we have never been less than impressed with all aspects of the care provided. An outstanding environment in which to live and thrive.

Submitted by Rick M (Son-in-law of Resident/Service User) on Thursday 13 March 2014.

Review of Thorntree Mews

Staff are excellent never had or witnessed any faults by any member of staff or otherwise. Quality and care of home is excellent.

Submitted by Andrew Wotherspoon (Son of Resident) on Thursday 13 March 2014.

Review of Thorntree Mews

I like the staff they are lovely and caring and very good at their job especially the manager. I love the food they make lovely salads you will not get a better salad. I have some very nice friends especially Lily. I love doing the garden with my son when he visits in the evening.

Submitted by Ruby McDougal (Resident) on Thursday 13 March 2014.

Review of Thorntree Mews

Excellent care home. Very pleased with services offered. All staff are lovely and have helped my gran to settled in. Whilst I would love for my gran to be able to live at home in her own house this is just not possible as my gran is not as sprightly as she once was, nonetheless, Thorntree Mews is definitely the next best thing and I know that my gran is thrilled to be there!

Submitted by Melissa Macleod (Granddaughter of Resident/Service User) on Thursday 6 March 2014.

Review of Thorntree Mews

Eva thinks where she stays now is a good place to live, the food is great and the staff look after all her needs and she likes her room.

Submitted by Eva Miller (Resident) on Wednesday 5 March 2014.

Review of Thorntree Mews

I think the overall standard is excellent, I would recommend it to anyone, I like my room and enjoy the food and drink. Helen feels safe within the home and enjoys the facilities.

Submitted by Helen Grey (Service user) on Wednesday 5 March 2014.

Review of Thorntree Mews

After months of anguish I accepted mum needed 24 hour care which I could not give her. I read many Care Commission reports which are very business minded but don't always convey the warmth and kindness of a Care Home, and I then visited Thorntree Mews. At that time it needed refurbishment but the warmth and friendliness that we received on our visit and the interaction I saw between staff and the residents told me this was the right place for mum. I have not regretted that decision. Mum is always neat, clean and tidy. She is always chatty and happy and tells me that everyone is so nice to her. The staff are very friendly and I am informed immediately if there is anything I need to know about Mum. I know my mum wouldn't be doing as well as she is if she was still at home. The home has undergone extensive refurbishment now and it is a lovely place for mum to be. There are lots of activities in place to keep mum stimulated and families can be involved in as much or as little as they want to be. Thank you to all the staff for looking after mum so well.

Submitted by margaret gibson (daughter of a resident) on Sunday 8 December 2013.

Review of Thorntree Mews

Thorntree Mews has been the residence of my mother for the last three years. She is suffering from Alzheimer's. She has been very well cared for and interacted with respect.

Submitted by Margaret Browne (Daughter of resident) on Thursday 21 November 2013.

Review of Thorntree Mews

My sister has lived in Thorntree Mews for many years. Wonderful home and lovely caring staff. You never see good homes like this one on the television, always the bad ones. The home staff and management are excellent. They are like Angels. The care they deliver goes above and beyond what we would expect. They should have more homes like this one.

Submitted by H M (My sister is a resident) on Monday 18 November 2013.

Review of Thorntree Mews

My aunt has been resident within Thorntree Mews for several years. She is well cared for and treated with the utmost respect. The management and staff provide a very high standard of care and are very committed to all the residents in their care. Quality shines through. Many thanks for all you do in caring for my aunt.

Submitted by John D (Nephew of Resident) on Monday 18 November 2013.

Review of Thorntree Mews

Mum has been in Thorntree Mews for over 1 year and in that time she has been well cared for. She is very happy there and has made several new friends in both staff and residents. The care home has been significantly upgraded in the last 12 months and is a bright cheery place to visit.

Submitted by Linda J (Daughter of Resident) on Monday 18 November 2013.

Review of Thorntree Mews

My mum has been in Thorntree Mews since April of this year 2013. She has settled in well through the care of the staff and myself visiting regularly. Mum has a lovely room and is kept to a high standard as is mum's care which is most important. I would expect nothing less. I have recommended the home to another family and their mother now resides there.

Submitted by Joyce B (Daughter of Resident) on Monday 18 November 2013.

Review of Thorntree Mews

This home is without doubt an excellent care home. The care he management and staff provide is outstanding. I could not wish more for a home that provides such a high standard of care. You are made to feel part of the family. First is Thorntree Mews. No praise is high enough.

Submitted by Willian Buntain (Son of Resident) on Friday 15 November 2013.

Review of Thorntree Mews

I have been living here for a year and am very happy. The staff are great and can't do enough for me and I have made some good friends since moving in.

Submitted by Ruby MD (Resident) on Thursday 14 November 2013.

Review of Thorntree Mews

Thorntree Mews has been home for my mom for four years and I love and appreciate the staff who have been just the best at caring for her, keeping her safe and comfortable, letting her know she is well loved - just like family. As an only child living overseas I am grateful that the administrative and nursing/carer staff keep me well informed and up to date on Mom's progress/problems as well as taking the time to talk me through the increasing effects of vascular dementia on who my mom is and who we are to each other. I'm pretty fond of this place and it's people.

Submitted by Hazel (Daughter of Resident) on Thursday 7 November 2013.

Review of Thorntree Mews

Mum has been in Thorntree Mews Care Home since July 2013 following a fall in her home in May 2013 resulting in fracturing a bone in her pelvis. She was hospitalised for 8 weeks to recover and at 95 years old it was the diagnosis that she should have 24 hour care. She is very happy in her new home and gets on very well with all staff and residents. I have peace of mind that she is being well cared for.

Submitted by MARY M (Daughter of Resident) on Wednesday 30 October 2013.

Review of Thorntree Mews

Neighbour has been in almost 6 years and has never had a reason to complain. She is always clean, has a good appetite and the staff encourage her always. She is obviously well liked by staff. She enjoys outings and the entertainment. My husband has recently been admitted to the Dementia unit. He has challenging behaviour at times and staff seem to be able to deal with this. He is incontinent and is being kept clean. He enjoys his food. This was my choice for him, because I knew the standards from visiting my neighbour.

Submitted by Ellen G (wife of resident and friend of resident) on Thursday 24 October 2013.

Submit a Recommendation for Thorntree Mews

(please write a short headline summary)

There are no jobs posted yet for Thorntree Mews

Merissa

Merissa Meason

Job Title: Care Manager

Hello my name is Merissa Meason and I am the Registered Care Manager of Thorntree Mews which is situated in the centre of Falkirk.

I have been the Care Manger of Thorntree Mews for 8 years and I have worked in the healthcare profession for 15 years, where I completed my NVQ Levels 2, 3 and 4. I also gained my Registered Manager’s Award in 2004.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Thorntree Mews