Forthbank Care Home, Kildean, Stirling, Stirling
Forthbank Care Home
Forthbank Care Home

Located in Kildean, Stirling, Forthbank Care Home is a purpose built 71 bedded accommodation offering Dementia, Nursing and Residential care.

At Forthbank Care Home Residents have a choice of lounge areas which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings. The home has a range of comfortable and well-equipped bedrooms; some rooms also have views across the garden.

Forthbank Care Home Chefs pride themselves on knowing the tastes of Residents and preparing a choice of home cooked, fresh, nutritional meals and catering for any dietary and cultural needs. At HC-One, experienced Home Managers and members of staff ensure kindness is at the heart of everything they do.

Group: HC-One Ltd

Person in charge: Lorena Love (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Stirling Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 68 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cancer Care • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Down Syndrome • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Prader-Willi Syndrome • Profound & Multiple Learning Disabilties • Schizophrenia • Speech Impairment • Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Forthbank Care Home

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Forthbank Care Home

Recommendation Score: 9 (9.012)

The user 'Recommendation Score' ( 9 for Forthbank Care Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Forthbank Care Home on Thursday 6 March 2014 by Eric D (Son of resident)

My mother has been a resident since June 2012 and right from the outset I felt very pleased and comfortable with the home and the staff. I visit five or six times a week and always inf my mother in good form - I can't thank the staff enough for the companionship and care they afford her. Any doubts I ever had about placing my mother in a care home were soon dispelled - thank you HC One.

Review of Forthbank Care Home on Tuesday 11 February 2014 by Isabel H (Resident)

Carers are friendly and helpful. Home is well heated and comfortable. Beds are comfortable. A well heated lounge with comfortable armchairs.

Review of Forthbank Care Home on Wednesday 4 December 2013 by Gordon (Son of a resident)

In September, my father arrived at Forthbank with a number of serious health issues and stayed there until his dead in November. We were kept informed at all times of my father's health issues and his dignity was always preserved. The care and attention he received was second to none, with the friendly staff always giving that bit extra to help and support him and to ensure his comfort. The home had a lovely family atmosphere with all the residents looking happy and well cared for. On visits we were always made to feel welcome by all members of staff acknowledging us. A lovely home!

Review of Forthbank Care Home on Monday 29 April 2013 by Janice (Daughter of resident)

My Mum moved to Forthbank just after HC One took over - the improvements they have made to Staff, environment and level of care has been impressive - my Mum is happy there and I can be sure that she's getting the best level of care - it was a relief to be able to get Mum into Forth Bank as some of the other places I had looked at were terrible.

Review of Forthbank Care Home on Friday 12 April 2013 by Louise Dawson (Family)

Excellent home high standards residents are looked after great, staff and manager are great. Best care home I have seen.

Review of Forthbank Care Home on Thursday 11 April 2013 by Andrew McNaughton (Son of resident)

Since HC-One have taken over the running of Forthbank Care Home from the former company Southern Cross I have noticed a marked improvement in the standard and quality of care to the residents. A major refurbishment of the premises has also been undertaken which has improved the living standards for the residents. A choice of food at mealtimes is also now provided and there seems to be more staff on hand to assist the residents. I could not wish for my mother to be in a better and more comfortable home.

Review of Forthbank Care Home on Thursday 11 April 2013 by Elizabeth K (Daughter)

Having known of this home years ago and its reputation which was not good I visited it with reservations when my mother had a stroke I was very surprised to find 100 per cent improvement in the staff management and the home itself, and would recommend it to anyone who is need of care. Staff are all friendly and I feel it is like an extended family for my mother.

Review of Forthbank Care Home on Thursday 11 April 2013 by Moira Liddell (Sister of resident)

Forthbank was recommended by word of mouth, we were told that the premises had been taken over and re-vamped.

Review of Forthbank Care Home on Monday 8 April 2013 by Annabelle Y (Wife of resident)

My husband has been at Forthbank for 9 months and seemed settled, well cared for and content. I see him almost every day so am totally up to date on his health and care, and feel it is a well run and happy care home.

Review of Forthbank Care Home on Wednesday 3 April 2013 by Sandra K (Daughter of resident)

My way of giving Forthbank a pat on the back for the living care given to my mother.

Review of Forthbank Care Home on Tuesday 26 March 2013 by E. Davies (Son of resident)

My Mother has been a resident in Forthbank since early July 2012. She is 92 years of age and suffers from Alzheimer's. Like all others who consider the Care Home option for an aging parent I had reservations as to how my Mother, and the Care Home, would accept/manage the situation - I needn't have worried as far as the Care Home was concerned - the staff at Forthbank have been and are terrific. Having lived on her own for a number of years my Mother found her new environment, and the increase in contact with people, a bit challenging for a while and I was concerned that she may not 'settle' to her new surroundings. Again I need not have worried - the staff were/are incredibly patient and obviously familiar with this scenario. Eight months on and I feel that the decision I made for my Mother to go into care was the right one - and this is directly due to the staff at Forthbank with their continued patience and the high level of care that they have given/continue to give to my Mother. My thanks again to all Forthbank staff.

Review of Forthbank Care Home on Thursday 28 February 2013 by Laura S (Granddaughter)

Since my gran has been a resident at Forthbank she has received the best care, staff have gone above and beyond to cater to her ever changing needs, the staff could not be bettered.

Submit a Recommendation for Forthbank Care Home

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Forthbank Care Home and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

There are no jobs posted yet for Forthbank Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Forthbank Care Home