Forthbank Care Home, Stirling, Stirling

Located in Kildean, Stirling, Forthbank Care Home is a purpose built 71 bedded accommodation offering Dementia, Nursing and Residential care.

At Forthbank Care Home Residents have a choice of lounge areas which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings. The home has a range of comfortable and well-equipped bedrooms; some rooms also have views across the garden.

Forthbank Care Home Chefs pride themselves on knowing the tastes of Residents and preparing a choice of home cooked, fresh, nutritional meals and catering for any dietary and cultural needs. At HC-One, experienced Home Managers and members of staff ensure kindness is at the heart of everything they do.

Person in charge: Pauline Beegan (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Stirling Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 68 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cancer Care • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Down Syndrome • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Prader-Willi Syndrome • Profound & Multiple Learning Disabilties • Schizophrenia • Speech Impairment • Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

The user 'Review Score' (8.9 for Forthbank Care Home) is based on 15 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

Forthbank Care Home

Staff all very nice and helpful. The food is very good and love the cakes. The manager is very friendly and has a nice smile. I love my room it gets the sun and I like taking part in activities especially the bowling.

How likely would you be to recommend Forthbank Care Home? Extremely likely

Forthbank Care Home

I like my room view of garden. I enjoy some of the food, some is to my taste. I like food like mince and tatties, not posh food. Staff are very helpful, nothing is too much trouble, Morag is a cheery place. My day is filled with plenty to do if I choose to do lots of activities and the staff are always cheery. My room is always clean and tidy.

Forthbank Care Home

The best bit of home is my room with all my things around me. Staff are all very nice and helpful, I enjoy my meals.

Forthbank Care Home

I enjoy my meals. I really life the activities. The manager appears to be very efficient at her job,and has a nice smile, I can speak to her anytime. I have lots of friends in here.

Forthbank Care Home

My room is the way I like it with my things in it to make it homely. I enjoy the activities that are of interest to me. Food, good choice. The manager is nice and friendly, and smart. My room is always clean. Staff look after me and treat me with dignity by giving me a lady carer rather than a man by request.

How likely would you be to recommend Forthbank Care Home? Extremely likely

Forthbank Care Home

First class, food is excellent. Activities excellent, love the bowling. Manager is really nice.

Forthbank Care Home

On the whole good but I feel it is necessary to be a frequent visitor to keep a check.

Forthbank Care Home

This care home is one of the best in the area providing good quality care for the elderly, some of whom have very complex needs. The staff are kind and treat each resident with care and dignity. The building itself is in need of a facelift which is scheduled for this year.

Forthbank Care Home

My friend appears well looked after medically and physically. He seems very content in the home and is well attended to by the nursing staff. Possibly a little more entertainment might be stimulating.

Forthbank Care Home

Caring staff, safe environment. Every resident treated as an individual and known and addressed by their Christian names. There should be an improvement when promised refurbishment takes place. Promised in the near future and includes outside environs.

Forthbank Care Home

professional, friendly approachable staff keep up the good work. Both grandparents are extremely happy.

Forthbank Care Home

My mother Freda has been in Fourthbank Nursing Home for five years, during that time I visited her every other day and never saw any member of staff act in any way that wasn't correct. They were helpful and treated residents with love and dignity. When my mother was ill they treated me the same, lots of support.

Forthbank Care Home

My mother has been a resident since June 2012 and right from the outset I felt very pleased and comfortable with the home and the staff. I visit five or six times a week and always inf my mother in good form - I can't thank the staff enough for the companionship and care they afford her. Any doubts I ever had about placing my mother in a care home were soon dispelled - thank you HC One.

Forthbank Care Home

Carers are friendly and helpful. Home is well heated and comfortable. Beds are comfortable. A well heated lounge with comfortable armchairs.

Forthbank Care Home

In September, my father arrived at Forthbank with a number of serious health issues and stayed there until his dead in November. We were kept informed at all times of my father's health issues and his dignity was always preserved. The care and attention he received was second to none, with the friendly staff always giving that bit extra to help and support him and to ensure his comfort. The home had a lovely family atmosphere with all the residents looking happy and well cared for. On visits we were always made to feel welcome by all members of staff acknowledging us. A lovely home!

Submit a Review for Forthbank Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Forthbank Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Forthbank Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Forthbank Care Home