Balfarg Care Home, Glenrothes, Fife

Balfarg Care Home is located in the town of Glenrothes, with picturesque views of the surrounding countryside, a 50 bedded property offering Nursing and Residential care.

At Balfarg Care Home Residents have a choice of lounge areas which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings. The home has a range of comfortable and well-equipped bedrooms; all of which are situated on the ground floor.

Chefs at Balfarg pride themselves on knowing the tastes of Residents and preparing a choice of home cooked, fresh, nutritional meals and catering for any dietary and cultural needs. At HC-One, experienced Home Managers and members of staff ensure kindness is at the heart of everything they do.

Person in charge: Nicola Proctor (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Fife Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 50 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Huntington's Disease • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room

The user Review Score of 9.5 for Balfarg Care Home is based on 36 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 9.545 is made up of 4.545 Points relating to the ratings and 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

It became clear around March this year that Mum now required care home facilities. After a few visits, my sister & I had narrowed our preferences to two local homes. My sister took Mum to visit both of them and Mum much preferred Balfarg. A room became available quite soon, and after staying in the local recuperative hospital for a few months Mum moved into Balfarg in May this year.

After a few weeks it became clear that Mum's physical health was improving quite markedly. It also became clear that the lovely staff at Balfarg were working very diligently with Mum to make her life as pleasant as possible. This was no surprise: the other residents had made it clear that the care offered was kind, thorough and respected their dignity and individuality.

I would have no hesitation in recommending Balfarg Care Home to anyone requiring assisted living. They are looking after my Mum wonderfully well, and my sister and I are very grateful. Mum is getting more and more frail, but the help is stepping up to meet her increasing needs. The respect shown to her religious convictions is also much appreciated.

How likely would you be to recommend Balfarg Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

There is nothing wrong with H C One. I would recommend it to anyone.

My mother in law was admitted to Balfarg Care Home earlier this year from hospital following a period of deteriorating ability to care for herself resulting in her being at risk. The transition and eventual move was completed with ease and assurance that all would be dealt with. This meant so much to family at this time as there was guilt and uncertainty that this move would be accepted by my mother in law.

My honest opinion is that I have not seen my mother in law looking so well and engaging so readily with others in many years. She is happy, more mobile and communicating on a far better level than before. She talks fondly about the care staff stating that they are very helpful, kind and cheery. I have to say that is my observation also. On any occasion that I have had to ask for advice or for a particular service there has been no hesitation and have always been met with kindness and respect.

I would have no hesitation recommending Balfarg Care Home to anyone looking for a comfortable and pleasant residence for their relative.

How likely would you be to recommend Balfarg Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

I have recently came into Balfarg from sheltered housing. I feel the home is better as I feel safe. Quite happy with the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Balfarg Care Home? Likely

I love looking out the window to watch the birds at the bird tables. I love the woodland around the home. The staff have all been so nice to me. I enjoy all my meals. I feel safe and have freedom to go where I please within the home.

How likely would you be to recommend Balfarg Care Home? Likely

I am pleased to recommend Balfarg Care Home as it combines excellent facilities with a competent and caring staff who ensure that a safe, secure and welcoming environment is provided for all the residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Balfarg Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

I like having my own room. It's a good place to stay.
I enjoy that my visitors can come in at any-time.

Balfarg is a lovely and comfortable place to stay. You are free to do anything you wish, as long as you stay within the rules of the establishment.
Staff are very well trained, caring and understanding. They are prepared to look into matters of concern in regards to your personal welfare.

How likely would you be to recommend Balfarg Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

People are very friendly. Staff are very pleasant. Nice bright home.
There is a nice quiet corner, where I can site and watch the birds on the bird feeder's.

Continue with the activities, they are very stimulating. Varied and give residents the chance to join in and be involved. It makes a tremendous difference.

My Mother, Mrs Maude Sim, has only been in the home since 4th Feb 2015 so no costs have been discussed yet as she is in respite but leading to full time care. Everyone is very friendly and helpful and there always seems to be some activities for taking part in.

Nice setting, bright with woods surrounding home. Bird life in the gardens, which my mother likes to look at. Close to a hotel, handy for taking mum to lunch when other family visits. The staff are very pleasant and helpful.

The first impressions were good as I felt it was lovely and bright and light. The variety of food is good. The attention of the staff is excellent. My room is spacious and comfortable.

It's a caring home. I get lots of company and enjoy everything that is going on. I can also get peace to have time to myself. I'm looked after well.

I think the home is braw. The staff are really good and I get on with them all. I feel like I belong here. I love the breakfasts, especially scrambled eggs and sausage. I feel safe.

My mother receives very good care from all the staff and management at Balfarg. She is treated extremely well and is very much cared for.
I, as her daughter find that I am supported at all times. I find we are made very welcome each time we visit by the staff. I am kept upto date with all care plans for my mother and her day to day care.

How likely would you be to recommend Balfarg Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

My overall experience of the home has been that the staff and management are friendly and helpful. The care my mother receives is to a high standard, even when she broke her hip and the hospital did very little to aid her recovery, the staff have put a lot of effort to make sure she got back on her feet.
I think the activities provided are excellent. The coordinator is most helpful to residents, giving them things to do that most seem to enjoy. When the entertainers are brought in, it is such a very happy experience for all concerned. No sitting about doing nothing.Excellent.

Friendly, happy care home with cheerful staff, always happy to help. Food very tasty. Home from home feeling.

I find the staff very pleasant and helpful. The daily activities are really enjoyed by the residents, also the bus trips during the summer. I am very happy with Balfarg Care Home and would certainly recommend it.

The personal care and attention given to my mother during her time at the home and during varying medical conditions and situations has been exemplary.
There is a good feeling of personal interactions at all times, this also applies to the attitude of the staff to my wife and I when we enquire about my mothers condition by telephone.

How likely would you be to recommend Balfarg Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

Very good, clean surroundings. Lots of entertainment. Very pleasant staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Balfarg Care Home? Likely

Balfarg Care Centre have provided and continued to provide excellent nursing care for my great Aunt. She is very happy and content, she is always well presented and staff are very caring towards her. I could not have wished for a better alternative to her own home.

This is such a relief for the whole family to know that she is looked after very well at Balfarg.

How likely would you be to recommend Balfarg Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

The staff are always pleasant and willing to help. My Aunt is very happy, she feels able to ask for help in the confidence it will be given happily. All her needs are met and her wants and wishes taken into consideration at all times. I am regularly updated on her care plan and both myself and my Aunt are asked for input. The home is always clean, warm and welcoming.

I have never had any problems with the home, very happy with the service provided.

My Uncle is well looked after in the home, he is very cheerful which shows he is happy here. The home is very clean and tidy, the staff are friendly and very approachable.

Activities are good and enjoys taking part in them all with other residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Balfarg Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

The standard and quality of care in this particular care home has much improved in the last few months. The staff work hard and management and admin staff are very approachable and address any issues immediately. More staff would ensure the standard of care will continue to improve.

My father is treated with dignity and respect. The care home has a high standard of cleanliness. Food is well prepared and presented. Staff are friendly, caring, attentive and kind.

Recommended by Cupar Social Work Department. Staff are very helpful and efficient. Our relative is new to the home but made very welcome.

My elderly aunt has been admitted to Balfarg Nursing Home and is contented there. The staff are polite, friendly and approachable. Her room is great, we are extremely happy with the standards of care.

How likely would you be to recommend Balfarg Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

My experience of home most helpful. All queries dealt with promptly.

My father was made very welcome and given 1st class care from day one at Balfarg. At first he was not permanent although he is now and I have never wanted him to be anywhere else since experiencing the care and attention given to him at Balfarg.

Mum was transferred to Balfarg from the Victoria - no beds were available there, whilst a care package was being put in place. We have nothing but praise for the home. The staff were all very supportive and helpful in assisting us to get mum well enough to get her back into her own home. The food and care was well presented and helped build her back up.

I recommend this home, as i was really impressed by the care given to the elderly and although my mum was only in for 5 days I would want her to have peace here it it was ever necessary in the future.

Very friendly staff and good at interacting with residents and families. Very positive and upbeat, keeping residents happy.

The interior of the home has been greatly improved but there are still bedrooms that need a bit of decoration and furniture updated.
Most of the staff are pleasant and helpful but the shortage of a manager doesn't look too good.

Submit a Review for Balfarg Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Balfarg Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Balfarg Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Balfarg Care Home