Chapel Level Care Home, Kirkcaldy, Fife

Located on the outskirts of Kirkcaldy, Fife, Chapel Level Care Home is a purpose built 60 bedded property offering Dementia, Nursing and Residential care.

At Chapel Level Care Home Residents have a choice of lounge areas which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings. The home has a range of comfortable and well-equipped bedrooms.

Chapel Level chefs pride themselves on knowing the tastes of Residents and preparing a choice of home cooked, fresh, nutritional meals and catering for any dietary and cultural needs. At HC-One, experienced Home Managers and members of staff ensure kindness is at the heart of everything they do.

Person in charge: Sarah Fowler (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Fife Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 60 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Challenging Behaviour • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Neuropathic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Arabic, Malay, Tagalog

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Separate EMI Unit • Lift • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Television point in own room

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for Chapel Level Care Home is based on 33 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.739 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.739 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 5 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 9.739 for Chapel Level Care Home is based on 33 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.739 for Chapel Level Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (296 Excellents x 5) + (81 Goods x 4) + (10 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 387 Ratings = 4.739

The Quantity Score of 5 for Chapel Level Care Home is calculated as follows:

3. (33 Positive Reviews ÷ 60 Registered Beds) x 2 = 1.100 (maximum score = 1)

• We receive approximately 15% of Reviews/Recommendations through website submission and 85% of Reviews/Recommendations through Review/Recommendation Cards (only available to Enhanced / Premium Services more info).

Staff are very friendly and supportive. Made to feel very welcome. Care excellent. Was respite care, my family member was in for, she is now moving into a HC One home permanently.

How likely would you be to recommend Chapel Level Care Home? Extremely Likely

My uncle was with you for 6 weeks and in that time he was cared for appropriately.

How likely would you be to recommend Chapel Level Care Home? Likely

Bad news travels quickly and widely and the care home sector is often newsworthy for the wrong reasons. However the care, nursing, attention and respect my father received was second to none. From care assistants to staff nurses, care was always evident and care and attention also spread to the family during any visits. Even as dads dementia accelerated and his physical health declined staff were always caring and concerned. At the end both father and family were given first class service, significantly easing dads passing away, never an easy time but all the staff were professional and caring throughout.

How likely would you be to recommend Chapel Level Care Home? Likely

I'm happy with the care provided, I really enjoy the food and the entertainment. I enjoy playing dominoes with the carers, I also enjoy watching an afternoon movie.

How likely would you be to recommend Chapel Level Care Home? Extremely Likely

I've enjoyed staying at Chapel. I get looked after well and I enjoy the food and company.

How likely would you be to recommend Chapel Level Care Home? Extremely Likely

Been in for a period of respite all the staff are very nice and understanding. I have enjoyed my stay.

How likely would you be to recommend Chapel Level Care Home? Extremely Likely

Been lovely, excellent service, staff are helpful and friendly and work really hard.

How likely would you be to recommend Chapel Level Care Home? Extremely Likely

The staff were excellent while my mum was ill, changing her as required and popping into her room to ensure she was ok and did not require anything. Calling out the Doctor if they felt it was required, and as mum required more care as she moved towards death. The staff could not be faulted being there for mum and for us. After he death the staff treated mum with dignity and supported me with no rush to do things or leave. I can't thank them enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Chapel Level Care Home? Extremely Likely

Here for a short period of respite. I liked my room and staff were helpful and friendly. I enjoyed my stay and made some new friends. I would recommend Chapel Level.

How likely would you be to recommend Chapel Level Care Home? Extremely Likely

I have Huntington's and have lived here for a lot of years. My friends and family visit me often. I have my own stuff in my room and staff keep it tidy for me. I like staying here.

How likely would you be to recommend Chapel Level Care Home? Extremely Likely

Quality of care and attentiveness.

My father in law is really comfortable in the home, enjoys the food, is warm and is happy with the care, as am I.

My mother has been a resident for 16 months now and I can relax knowing that she is in good hands. The staff are friendly and approachable and the home is safe and secure. If we have any questions we know that we can rely on the staff caring for my mother and management for a quick response.

I live at Chapel now and have done for some time. I like my room and all the staff are very nice and chatty and like to have a laugh with me. The food is good and I get my hair done by the hairdresser when I need it done. My family come to visit when they can - I like staying here.

How likely would you be to recommend Chapel Level Care Home? Extremely Likely

Mother was sent here for respite. While here my mother was well looked after by nice staff, my mother said she liked it here. I would recommend this care home.

I come to Chapel Level a few times a year for a holiday. I like staying here. I get a lot of attention from the carers and I like the food. I like to spent a lot of time in my room but sometime I like to go to the lounge to do activities. I enjoy my holidays.

How likely would you be to recommend Chapel Level Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother is getting a very good level of care in this home. All the staff are very friendly and helpful to the residents and visitors alike. I would recommend this home to anyone.

I like staying here and my husband manages to visit me every day as he lives close by which is useful. I like my room, I have a lot of family pictures there and I can look out into the garden and see all the birds which visit. Staff are very kind to me and my family.

How likely would you be to recommend Chapel Level Care Home? Extremely Likely

I visit my friend on a weekly basis to have a coffee and a catch up. She seems to be very settled and happy at Chapel Level as there is always something happening. She has a lovely view from her bedroom which is very nice. The staff are very friendly when I visit which makes me feel I can visit at any time. I would be happy staying here if I had to choose a care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Chapel Level Care Home? Extremely Likely

The care provided has been excellent, all of the staff have been very kind to my wife and to the rest of our family.

I was impressed by the care my mother received. The staff showed compassion, caring and patience, although her behaviour at times left a lot to be desired. She behaved appallingly towards the end and made so many demands which they dealt with professionally and allowed her dignity to remain in tact.

I have been here for a long time now and like it. I enjoy the entertainment that happens here, we had a singer in yesterday and I was up dancing. I still managed to get out with family and friends for lunch and I also go out on the bus for trips to different places. The food is good and I like the puddings. My room is nice and bright and the staff keep it clean and tidy for me.

How likely would you be to recommend Chapel Level Care Home? Extremely Likely

This care home gives excellent care to my grandmother. She is treated with dignity and respect. All the staff are friendly, respectful and discreet when necessary. I would be very happy to recommend Chapel Level Care Home.

I have stayed here at Chapel Level for some time now and I enjoy the company. I am well looked after and enjoy going out on trips in the bus - we have been out for lunch and visited museums - it's good to get out and about. Staff are really helpful and friendly and always about to help me when needed.

How likely would you be to recommend Chapel Level Care Home? Likely

Well run care home but the garden is badly needing attention and the large plants taken away from bedroom windows.

HC-One, Careline Team at Chapel Level Care Home responded to this review on 04 Nov 2015:

HC-One takes on board all comments about our care services. It is very pleasing to hear that the home is regarded as being well managed. The majority of the overgrown shrubs have now been removed and garden contractors have been instructed to remove those still remaining.

My wife is very well looked after at Chapel Level Care Home. It gives me peace of mind that she is safe when I go home. The staff are all excellent and can't do enough for me and my wife.

Very good care, excellent I feel. Very good hygiene, varied programme of entertainment.

Enjoying my stay in the Star Unit.

I would recommend my family to Chapel Level because the food is good and the staff make me feel welcome. Everyone is nice to me.

Staying for a period of respite - staff are happy and cheerful - room is warm and bright and well furnished, enjoying my stay.

Stayed at Chapel for a period of respite before moving into sheltered housing. Staff very warm and friendly - really enjoyed my stay.

I have enjoyed my stay very much and all the staff are really good.

I have been very happy with the care my father received along with kindness.

Submit a Review for Chapel Level Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Chapel Level Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Chapel Level Care Home