Fees Advice From Saga
Forth Bay Nursing Home, Kincardine-on-Forth, Alloa, Fife
Forth Bay Nursing Home
Forth Bay Nursing Home

Tel: 0808 137 1530

Forth Bay Nursing Home is located in Kincardine on Forth, is easily accessible from Glasgow and Edinburgh and provides specialist nursing and dementia care for up to 54 elderly people. The home comprises four discrete elements: a 22 bed nursing care unit; a 14 bed unit for people living with dementia; a 9 bed unit for people with a learning disability; and a 9 bed enduring mental illness unit.

Forth Bay enjoys an excellent local reputation and has a friendly, happy atmosphere. Our highly trained nursing team and dedicated activities coordinator work with each individual we care for, along with their family and loved ones, to create tailored care plans with the aim of enabling residents to get the very most from life.

Each of the units within Forth Bay is fully equipped to meet the care needs of our residents. Our dementia unit has been designed to ensure that residents are able to move freely and safely, with bedrooms and communal areas appropriately laid out and clearly signposted to minimise confusion or disorientation.

Forth Bay is ideally equipped to provide nursing support for elderly people living with different types of dementia, including Alzheimer’s disease, vascular dementia and Korsacoff’s syndrome. However, staff never lose sight of the fact that, first and foremost, Forth Bay is home to our residents.

The home offers a full range of nursing and dementia care support, including trial stays, respite breaks and convalescent care as well as long term care. Residents are encouraged to bring important personal possessions to personalise their rooms. Forth Bay operates an open visiting policy, where residents and loved ones may visit at convenient times. In common with all of our homes, Forth Bay’s manager has a qualified nursing background. The home is fully registered with the Scottish Commission for the Regulation of Care and has ISO9001/2000 and Hospitality Assured accreditation.

Owner: Caring Homes Group

Person in charge: Alison Graham (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Fife Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 54 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cancer Care • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Profound & Multiple Learning Disabilties • Stroke

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Forth Bay Nursing Home

February 2014

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.5 for Forth Bay Nursing Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Forth Bay Nursing Home on Friday 3 January 2014 by jw (relative of care home resident - now deceased)

My youngest brother was resident in the home for 4 years until his death early in December 2013. The care, kindness and support he was given could not have been better. He was not always easy to deal with but at no time did I ever find anything but extreme understanding from ALL staff - H Stocks unit. I was only able to visit him monthly but I never left for my 120 mile journey home without thinking he was receiving the best of care. My remaining brother and his family join me and mine in expressing our gratitude to you all. Five star care from one who was involved until retirement in the care sector.

Review of Forth Bay Nursing Home on Tuesday 22 October 2013 by Martin R (Son of Temporary Resident)

It was my mum's first care home after coming out of hospital. It was a temporary stay. My mum stayed at Forth Bay from 10th January to 19th February. The staff were very good. It was a well run home. It allayed my fears of my mum going into care due to bad stories in the press about cases of neglect in some care homes.

Review of Forth Bay Nursing Home on Monday 5 August 2013 by J. Y (Daughter of Resident)

My mother has been diagnosed with a painful disease and poor prognosis but staff have provided care, comfort in a homely, friendly and professional manner.

Review of Forth Bay Nursing Home on Thursday 20 June 2013 by Douglas W (Son of resident)

Unfortunately mum only had three weeks in Fourth Bay before passing away but she was happy there and made to feel like she belonged. All the staff are kind, caring and considerate not only to residents but to family as well, we only had positive comments from any of the friends and family who visited no matter what time of day they visited and all felt welcomed. We felt this home provided a clean, caring and safe place for the residents.

Review of Forth Bay Nursing Home on Wednesday 12 June 2013 by Ronald Jarvis (Son)

Very friendly and caring staff doing at times a very difficult job, no complaints whatsoever.

Review of Forth Bay Nursing Home on Tuesday 11 June 2013 by Alison Pegg (Daughter of resident)

Very high standard of care, reliable and kind and caring staff.

Review of Forth Bay Nursing Home on Friday 7 June 2013 by Gwen M (Wife of resident)

Kenneth was very well cared for by the staff and appeared to be happy.

Review of Forth Bay Nursing Home on Wednesday 29 May 2013 by Margaret P (Cousin of Deceased Resident)

My elderly cousins were only in Forth Bay for a short time with his sister but he couldn't have have been better looked after. His sister was cared for by dedicated staff for more than two years and I would have no hesitation in recommending the care home and staff for their kindness and professionalism in dealing with any relatives.

Review of Forth Bay Nursing Home on Friday 19 April 2013 by Douglas G (Husband of resident)

My wife has been happy and contented in Forth Bay. She is well looked after. The environment is conducive to her welfare. The staff look after her well and she is happy and content, or as well as she can be in the circumstances. The overall living conditions and company all tend to enhance her day to day life.

Review of Forth Bay Nursing Home on Friday 19 April 2013 by Kate Fumo (Daughter of resident)

Mum has been a resident here for almost 4 years. I reside out of the country so it is important that I know mum is well cared for. She is well taken care of at Forth Bay, I do not have to worry that her needs are met when I am not here. I keep in touch with the home (and they with me when needed). Mum is not really active now as she has had a stroke but she did participate in activities prior to that, day trips, entertainment, etc. All of the staff are very caring. It is important that my mum is taken care of but more important is that the staff care and at Forth Bay they do.

Review of Forth Bay Nursing Home on Wednesday 3 April 2013 by Jean Y (Daughter in Law of reasident)

My Mother in law was in hospital for four months and at times very ill. On the day of transferral to the home which was late in the evening my mother was treated with warmth, patience and dignity which was witnessed by my brother in law. This has continued she is well looked after. This allows the family to relax knowing that each day and night she is safe and cared for by people who care.

Review of Forth Bay Nursing Home on Tuesday 19 March 2013 by John M (Husband of resident)

Five years association with Forth Bay.

Review of Forth Bay Nursing Home on Friday 8 March 2013 by Muriel M (daughter of resident)

My Mum resided here for 5 weeks on an interim placement. She was very happy here, but had wanted to return to her home town. Whenever we visited, we could see how caring the staff were and how friendly they were. They were more than happy to answer any of my (many!) questions. Mum's room was large, the communal areas were of a good size. It just had a 'homely' feel to it, and Mum was treated with respect. It's the staff who make it..... !

Review of Forth Bay Nursing Home on Monday 4 March 2013 by Mayrian Edwards (Mother of resident)

I would recommend Forth Bay because it is always spotless, the residents well cared for and no unpleasant smells. The rooms are bright and immaculate. The staff are caring.

Review of Forth Bay Nursing Home on Monday 13 August 2012 by Dorothy Armstrong (I have a family friend resident at the home and an Aunt who was resident there until her death)

I have found the home a friendly caring environment where the residents are treated with respect. The staff endeavour to cater for the individual needs of the residents. The home is clean and fresh and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful.

Review of Forth Bay Nursing Home on Wednesday 1 August 2012 by Rayna Lumsden (Daughter of Resident)

My dad has been a resident at Forth Bay for almost two and a half years. I found it difficult when he could no longer be cared for safely in his own home. Dad has however settled happily into his new home. Standards of the home are high. The staff are very caring and patient, residents are treated with respect, their preferences and individuality are always considered. The home is welcoming to visitors and standards of care and housekeeping are high. I Thank Forth Bay for all you do for my dad's comfort and welfare.

Review of Forth Bay Nursing Home on Wednesday 11 July 2012 by Ronnie J (Son of Resident)

Can't fault the carers, they seem to be on the go all the time even cutting my dad's hair, how they stay so cheerful I just don't know.

Review of Forth Bay Nursing Home on Friday 29 June 2012 by Sheila P (Wife of Resident)

My husband is a resident in Peppermill, the dementia unit (one of four separate units) at Forth Bay. Each unit is headed up by a qualified nurse and several (caring) carers. My experience of the nursing home is mainly concerned with the dementia unit. The staff report directly to an excellent manager who is always available to meet relatives and address any concerns they might have as their loved one's condition follows its sad course. Caring for dementia patients means new problems arising continuously and I appreciate the efforts made to find solutions to these problems. There is a very low turnover of staff which ensures the residents and relatives have the comfort of dealing with people who are familiar with resident's needs. A ‘kent’ face means a lot, probably even more to the relatives, and it is a comfort to believe the staff have a real insight and involvement with our loved one. There is an excellent activities organiser, who in addition to taking the residents out on trips to local amenities, engages in fund raising with other staff and relatives to provide treats for the residents. There is a monthly meeting of the Participation Group which is an informal group consisting of the manager, staff members and relatives of the residents. This keeps us up to date with policy changes both nationally and on a local basis. Menus, fundraising and any concerns can be addressed here. Several members of the group still attend the meeting even though their relative has passed away. I can recommend Forth Bay Nursing Home because I believe the level of personal care is rated by the manager and her staff to be of the utmost importance. I also appreciate the very ‘open door’ policy which allows me to remain as involved as I wish to be, with my husband, other residents and staff, This greatly helps me to come to terms with the fact, that whilst I can no longer care for him in our own home, I can make his life as pleasant as possible with regular visits, taking him out for drives, having a cup of tea together etc. My thanks to all those who care for my husband, always remember ‘every little(caring act) helps’!

Submit a Recommendation for Forth Bay Nursing Home

Please note this form is only for Recommendations & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required. Fields marked in red are required

(Please do no enter spaces)

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Forth Bay Nursing Home and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

There are no jobs posted yet for Forth Bay Nursing Home

Care Home Idol 2013

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Forth Bay Nursing Home