Lomond Court Care Home, Glenrothes, Fife

Lomond Court Care Home is located in the heart of a residential community within the town of Glenrothes, a purpose-built 40 bedded accommodation which provides Dementia and Nursing care.

Residents have a choice of lounge areas which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings. Tastefully decorated and well-equipped bedrooms are bright, safe and comfortable.

Chefs at Lomond Court pride themselves on knowing the tastes of Residents and preparing a choice of home cooked, fresh, nutritional meals and catering for any dietary and cultural needs. At HC-One, experienced Home Managers and members of staff ensure kindness is at the heart of everything they do.

Person in charge: Amanda Scott (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Fife Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 40 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Challenging Behaviour • Huntington's Disease • Parkinson's Disease • Schizophrenia

Facilities & Services: Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room

The user Review Score of 9.4 for Lomond Court Care Home is based on 13 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 9.378 is made up of 4.728 Points relating to the ratings and 4.65 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

Mum is happy in the home and loves the activities, particularly music. A new member of staff has introduced new activities which mum loves to participate in. Mum's hygiene and personal needs are well catered for and she always looks nice when I visit. The manager has been a great support and keep me up to date with mums progress. I feel lucky to have found such a good place for mum to stay which gives me peace of mind, she's being well looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend Lomond Court Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

My experience of Lomond Court has been extremely positive. The staff are very friendly and know who I am when I visit. They are always polite and respect privacy when I visit. They are very caring and attentive to all the residents needs. All are approachable and always able to answer any queries I may have. The home is always clean and free of any odours. The staff are all neat and tidy. All the residents look clean and well cared for. I like that all the staff wear uniforms. I am always kept well informed of any updates. I have no negative points to make. Excellent care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Lomond Court Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

My mother has been a resident here since may 2014 and has received excellent care throughout. We have recommended this care home to others and will continue to do so. All staff are very friendly and great with my mum.

How likely would you be to recommend Lomond Court Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

Ex-husband being cared for very well despite his tending to be moody. Can't fault the extreme professionalism of nurses and carers. Room has been customised for ex-husband and staff can't do enough to make him comfortable and make him feel at home.

How likely would you be to recommend Lomond Court Care Home? Likely

My mother went in to Lomond Court in September 2014 for respite and settled in quite easily. The staff are very helpful and assist with any problems that came along. My mothers dementia has been made able for me to understand, that to the caring staff and management at Lomond Court.

All staff provide me with anything I need and are there if I need any assistance, I have no complaints. When having my personal care I feel I am always treated with dignity,care and respect. I feel everyone is doing an excellent job, I am well looked after.

Overall I am happy with the home. All staff do an excellent job.

Feels like home from home, but better.

1. Both my dignity and privacy are respected at all times.
2. Staff are more like friends than 'staff'
3. Meals are very good. Chefs take pride in catering to each residents requirements. Laundry function very good.

The staff are very friendly and always approachable if you have any questions etc to ask. The home is very clean and warm and my mother seems happy and settled here.

My sons and I are more than happy with the care and attention given to my husband.

An all round good quality of care, staff are so good and honest with everyone.

I really love this place, staff are really nice I am happy.

Staff are very helpful and caring. Meals are excellent and choices are available. Room is airy, light and well furnished also kept in very good state of repair including cleaning by the staff and helpers. I cannot see how any other care home could be better than Lomond Court. Staff provide me with any medication on time.

Submit a Review for Lomond Court Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Lomond Court Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Lomond Court Care Home

Amanda

Amanda Scott

Joined: 2014

What does ‘kindness’ mean to you?

“Kind care is about remembering that we are working to maintain each and every Resident’s wellbeing in their home and as such, meeting their needs with dignity and respecting their choices.”

Amanda is a Registered Nurse with experience in providing care and support to enrich the lives of older people living with dementia. She is an enthusiastic leader who is passionate about delivering the highest standards in care and quality of life for Residents.

Having previously worked at Lomond Court as a Care Assistant, Amanda is a familiar face around the home and shares HC-One’s vision in aiming to provide the kindest care for each and every Resident. This was evident recently when she conquered her fear of heights to take part in a sponsored skydive and raise over £1,000 for the Residents’ comfort fund.

She works closely with her team to deliver care and support in a way that means Residents gain the most benefit, in a warm and welcoming home.

When asked what she enjoys most about her role, Amanda said: “I relish the opportunity to provide the best and kindest care and to make a difference to the lives of every Resident.”

Outside of work, Amanda enjoys spending time with her family and likes to stay active by walking her dogs and going to the gym.

If you would like to find out more information about Lomond Court Care Home, Amanda has an ‘Open Door Policy’ and would be pleased to welcome you for an informal chat.

You can contact Amanda on; 0333 999 8561 or via email on; lomondcourt.manager@hc-one.co.uk

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Lomond Court Care Home