Woodside Court Care Home, Glenrothes, Fife

Woodside Court Care Home is located close to Glenrothes town centre, in the heart of Fife, a purpose built 60 bedded accommodation offering Dementia and Nursing care. Woodside Court also provides care for young people with physical disabilities.

At Woodside Court Care Home Residents have a choice of lounge areas which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings. The home has a range of comfortable and well-equipped bedrooms. To personalise their bedroom Residents are encouraged to bring their own items of furniture and personal belongings such as ornaments and pictures.

At Woodside Court, Chefs pride themselves on knowing the tastes of Residents and preparing a choice of home cooked, fresh, nutritional meals and catering for any dietary and cultural needs. At HC-One, experienced Home Managers and members of staff ensure kindness is at the heart of everything they do.

Person in charge: Jean Akel (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Fife Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 60 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Tagalog

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Separate EMI Unit • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Television point in own room

The Review Score of 9.1 (maximum of 10) for Woodside Court Care Home is based on 19 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.096 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.496 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 4.6 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 9.1 for Woodside Court Care Home is based on 19 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.496 for Woodside Court Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (131 Excellents x 5) + (81 Goods x 4) + (15 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Very Poors x 1) ) ÷ 228 Ratings = 4.496

The Quantity Score of 4.6 for Woodside Court Care Home is calculated as follows:

When I have approached staff for anything they have been very good. They have been very nice at all times, and I have no complaints in this care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodside Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Would highly recommend. My mum had to go into Woodside Court for some respite care in December 2015, and we are in the process of moving to a more permanent arrangement. Since I first met the manager, her assistant, and the rest of the team they have been excellent in helping mum to make the difficult transition from living alone at home to moving into care. All the team have been very friendly, attentive and professional. Communication has been excellent and all of this has contributed to mum settling in well and being much more relaxed and content on a daily basis.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodside Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Management and staff are so helpful and friendly, and the residents are treated like family and with dignity. Nothing is too much bother. I am updated with any changes taking place to do with the home or my husband. I am also asked regularly if I have any queries or worries about my husband or the care he's getting. Outings and activities are always ongoing to lift spirits.

The home is lovely, staff friendly and cater for my son's needs. The manager is very welcoming and always helpful. Would recommend the home to others.

My great grandmother is in this home and all the staff treat her well, although, the home is very understaffed. The carers are very clearly rushed off their feet and have very little time for the residents. Also, while I was walking through the corridor yesterday, a resident was sat outside an office where a carer was sat. The resident was shouting (very clearly needing urgent help) and nobody was helping her. As I thought the carer might not have heard her, I brought the lady shouting for help to his attention. Very bluntly, he responded "yes I know" and turned back around to his cup of tea. I was disgusted in this response. I would not recommend this care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodside Court Care Home? Unlikely

Treated with Dignity: Very Poor

HC-One, Careline Team at Woodside Court Care Home responded to this review on 05 Nov 2015:

Staffing within Woodside Court complies with the Care Inspectorate staffing schedule and is also determined by the dependency of residents within the care home, which is calculated each month by the Home Manager. Staff in HC-One are trained to provide a high standard of care while respecting residents’ dignity. As there seems to have been a failure at this time we will follow this up with further training and supervision to ensure this does not occur again.

I have been staying here in Woodside Court just over two weeks, there is honestly nothing bad I can say, the care staff have been very good treating me well and having a laugh with me. The food is great, everyone all takes time to talk. I've enjoyed being out in the gardens so peaceful and lovely plants and flowers. Only one complaint is that I now have to go home and I will miss the company.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodside Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

I've been here 5 months, when I came here I had a bad sore that nursing staff helped me with the repairing the of my wound, I will always be thankful of that. Care staff are really good, always up for a laugh and joke. Activities are available but at times not what I'd like to take part in, I do enjoy Gents Club. Woodside has always been kept clean, my bedroom is always clean too. No concerns about management, they are always available.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodside Court Care Home? Likely

From coming into Woodside I've felt comfortable, it's not home but the care/nursing staff do try their best. Most of the time the food is good, at times there are foods that I dislike, I always get given a choice of what I want. Activities on offer are good for my needs, I enjoy the Gents club and watching old movies and having fish teas. Management are very approachable and are always around.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodside Court Care Home? Likely

I have been living here on a respite basis, I feel that I have been treated well and am allowed to be as independent as I can be. I have been invited out on trips which I have really enjoyed, the activities co-ordinator keeps me posted with any information about whats coming up and what I can do. I also feel that every member of staff do very well with my needs and aid with my talking as I do have difficulty with that.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodside Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Very welcoming helpful and caring. Answer all my questions when they can, show great care and understanding towards patients and go out of their way to make you feel at home.

A very caring home with friendly approachable, compassionate and loving staff. It appears to be very well managed and maintained. Activities are extensive and varied catering to all types of residents. Relatives are encouraged to be part of the home with regular productive meetings, training and involvement for all who have the time and wish to join in. Communications are good.

The home is very good. Excellent staff, food is ok. Activities are good and I enjoy the outings, especially the boat trip at Ratho.

Woodside Court is a very welcoming and friendly care home. Jean the manageress was extremely accommodating when my parents had to be admitted in a hurry in August 2014 and made things run as smoothly as possible on a very difficult day. I have found all the staff to be very helpful, caring and approachable, if you ask anyone form information. They try to answer as fully as possible. If they do not know they will find out for you. The whole home is clean, and I have seen a variety of activities going on when I have visited. Every afternoon there is home baking for the residents with their cup of tea/coffee, which mum enjoys.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodside Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Mum has been in Woodside Court for 2 weeks now,she has settled in without any problems.The management from Jean Akel,the nursing staff and carers have been excellent helping my mum to settle in. Everybody made my mum feel most welcome and free from stress, at a very important time in her life.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodside Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

When I first spoke to the manager of the home (J.Akel) I was very impressed with her positive and professional attitude. Nothing was to much trouble for her and she has made the move for mum pleasant and and calm. My husband and myself are very grateful as it is an emotional time

Very good, staff and carers are very good. Food provided is satisfactory great value for money.

Lovely home, I enjoy it here.

Its clean and tidy, friendly and a good atmosphere. As a resident in the home I like living here.

Lovely place to be looked after. Staff are good they look after us well. Everyone is helpful we are spoiled rotton.

Submit a Review for Woodside Court Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Woodside Court Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Woodside Court Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Woodside Court Care Home