Woodside Court Care Home, Glenrothes, Fife

Woodside Court Care Home is located close to Glenrothes town centre, in the heart of Fife, a purpose built 60 bedded accommodation offering Dementia and Nursing care. Woodside Court also provides care for young people with physical disabilities.

At Woodside Court Care Home Residents have a choice of lounge areas which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings. The home has a range of comfortable and well-equipped bedrooms. To personalise their bedroom Residents are encouraged to bring their own items of furniture and personal belongings such as ornaments and pictures.

At Woodside Court, Chefs pride themselves on knowing the tastes of Residents and preparing a choice of home cooked, fresh, nutritional meals and catering for any dietary and cultural needs. At HC-One, experienced Home Managers and members of staff ensure kindness is at the heart of everything they do.

Person in charge: Jean Akel (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Fife Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 60 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Tagalog

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Separate EMI Unit • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Television point in own room

Review Score: 9 (8.952)

The user 'Review Score' ( 9 for Woodside Court Care Home) is based on 13 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

Woodside Court Care Home

I've been here 5 months, when I came here I had a bad sore that nursing staff helped me with the repairing the of my wound, I will always be thankful of that. Care staff are really good, always up for a laugh and joke. Activities are available but at times not what I'd like to take part in, I do enjoy Gents Club. Woodside has always been kept clean, my bedroom is always clean too. No concerns about management, they are always available.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodside Court Care Home? Likely

Woodside Court Care Home

From coming into Woodside I've felt comfortable, it's not home but the care/nursing staff do try their best. Most of the time the food is good, at times there are foods that I dislike, I always get given a choice of what I want. Activities on offer are good for my needs, I enjoy the Gents club and watching old movies and having fish teas. Management are very approachable and are always around.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodside Court Care Home? Likely

Woodside Court Care Home

I have been living here on a respite basis, I feel that I have been treated well and am allowed to be as independent as I can be. I have been invited out on trips which I have really enjoyed, the activities co-ordinator keeps me posted with any information about whats coming up and what I can do. I also feel that every member of staff do very well with my needs and aid with my talking as I do have difficulty with that.

Woodside Court Care Home

Very welcoming helpful and caring. Answer all my questions when they can, show great care and understanding towards patients and go out of their way to make you feel at home.

Woodside Court Care Home

A very caring home with friendly approachable, compassionate and loving staff. It appears to be very well managed and maintained. Activities are extensive and varied catering to all types of residents. Relatives are encouraged to be part of the home with regular productive meetings, training and involvement for all who have the time and wish to join in. Communications are good.

Woodside Court Care Home

The home is very good. Excellent staff, food is ok. Activities are good and I enjoy the outings, especially the boat trip at Ratho.

Woodside Court Care Home

Woodside Court is a very welcoming and friendly care home. Jean the manageress was extremely accommodating when my parents had to be admitted in a hurry in August 2014 and made things run as smoothly as possible on a very difficult day. I have found all the staff to be very helpful, caring and approachable, if you ask anyone form information. They try to answer as fully as possible. If they do not know they will find out for you. The whole home is clean, and I have seen a variety of activities going on when I have visited. Every afternoon there is home baking for the residents with their cup of tea/coffee, which mum enjoys.

Woodside Court Care Home

Mum has been in Woodside Court for 2 weeks now,she has settled in without any problems.The management from Jean Akel,the nursing staff and carers have been excellent helping my mum to settle in. Everybody made my mum feel most welcome and free from stress, at a very important time in her life.

Woodside Court Care Home

When I first spoke to the manager of the home (J.Akel) I was very impressed with her positive and professional attitude. Nothing was to much trouble for her and she has made the move for mum pleasant and and calm. My husband and myself are very grateful as it is an emotional time

Woodside Court Care Home

Very good, staff and carers are very good. Food provided is satisfactory great value for money.

Woodside Court Care Home

Lovely home, I enjoy it here.

Woodside Court Care Home

Its clean and tidy, friendly and a good atmosphere. As a resident in the home I like living here.

Woodside Court Care Home

Lovely place to be looked after. Staff are good they look after us well. Everyone is helpful we are spoiled rotton.

Submit a Review for Woodside Court Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Woodside Court Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Woodside Court Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Woodside Court Care Home