Pitmurchie Care Home Ltd, Banchory, Aberdeenshire

Pitmurchie Care Home Ltd can be found just outside the village of Torphins, set in stunning scenery, twenty miles from Aberdeen. Pitmurchie House offers personalised nursing and residential care, both long-term and respite, to 30 residents from across Aberdeenshire, including those with physical impairment.

Group: Advinia Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: John Murdoch (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Aberdeenshire Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 31 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • No Medical Intervention • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Hearing Impairment • Parkinson's Disease

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

The user Review Score of 9.8 for Pitmurchie Care Home Ltd is based on 22 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 9.798 is made up of 4.798 Points relating to the ratings and 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

I enjoy staying here. I participate in all the activities. I really enjoy the live activities.

How likely would you be to recommend Pitmurchie Care Home Ltd? Extremely LIKELY

Really enjoy this stay here in Pitmurchie Care Home. Staff are very good and caring. Feels like home. Food served is great, especially soups. Enjoy all kind of activities organised.

How likely would you be to recommend Pitmurchie Care Home Ltd? Extremely LIKELY

In my short experience here it really is a home from home.

How likely would you be to recommend Pitmurchie Care Home Ltd? Extremely LIKELY

Really enjoy the staff here; staff are highly supportive and friendly. Standard of care is excellent, management is very helpful. Cleanliness maintained at high standards all the time. Meals served are tasty and good quality all the time. Safety and security always prioritised.

How likely would you be to recommend Pitmurchie Care Home Ltd? Extremely LIKELY

Highly recommend to stay here, quiet and peaceful as I like to live in a quiet place. Love to participate in all the activities organised here. excellent service form the staff and they are really caring and supportive. All the meals served are absoluteness delicious and I enjoy them all.

How likely would you be to recommend Pitmurchie Care Home Ltd? Extremely LIKELY

It's a lovely place and I feel it's like home. Been to many other homes before but never felt like home before. All the staff are very nice and friendly and kind to me. All meals served are excellent and delicious. Thoroughly enjoy all the activities at this home, especially the musical concerts.

How likely would you be to recommend Pitmurchie Care Home Ltd? Extremely LIKELY

Excellent food I have settled in well and highly recommend staying here.

How likely would you be to recommend Pitmurchie Care Home Ltd? Extremely LIKELY

I am pleased that my sister has settled in very well. the staff are very nice and seem to keep her very busy and that keeps her happy. I am pleased that they have lots of activities as well. I hope she will always enjoy her life here.

How likely would you be to recommend Pitmurchie Care Home Ltd? Extremely LIKELY

I have been very pleased with the care my sister has received since she entered the nursing home. She seems very happy and contented and the staff seem to attend to her needs when required.

How likely would you be to recommend Pitmurchie Care Home Ltd? Likely

I find the home a very friendly place in an ideal situation. They appear to be catering to all my sister in laws' needs.
She has settled in very quickly for which the family are very grateful.

My sister in law has been here for 6 weeks now and we have seen a big improvement in her condition. The staff always give us, the visitors, a warm welcome when we visit.
I am sure her stay will get better as the time goes and that makes the family feel better as well.

How likely would you be to recommend Pitmurchie Care Home Ltd? Likely

Was not keen to go to a home for respite in the first place but I am delighted that I have as my fears were unfounded. Room is bright and airy with beautiful views. The staff are very caring, friendly and respectable, nothing is too much trouble. The lounge is large and inviting and all residents are treated as individuals. The mealtimes are a pleasure and excellent choice, variety and quality. 100% recommendation to anyone in similar circumstances for a short or long stay.

How likely would you be to recommend Pitmurchie Care Home Ltd? Extremely LIKELY

The best of all care, wonderful attentive staff. The room my mother is staying in is spacious, clean, bright with lovely views over Royal Deeside. My mother has found the food to be of good quality and a great variety. All residents seem very comfortable and content. A real home from home!

The staff are very friendly and helpful. And I would like more help when some help going to the shops and using the transport.

How likely would you be to recommend Pitmurchie Care Home Ltd? Likely

There is a lovely view across the country. I have settled in this home and it now feels like home from home.

Found staff very pleasant and caring, approachable, residents their priority. Management very involved, improved facilities on going, well run, location-excellent view.

Pleasant surroundings, comfortable condition, good food. Bar on construction which is good, great opportunity to get involved with activity. Staff are very good and helpful.

I am happy living in this home, it is lovely and friendly.

Very comfortable home, enjoy staff, they are very helpful, staff take interest in your life, the gardens are lovely and the views are beautiful, able to go for lovely walks. There is always a friendly atmosphere and it is very homely.

My mother entered Pitmurchie for respite care at short notice. I found the manager and staff very friendly and welcoming. they were clearly keen to make my mother's stay as homely and enjoyable as possible. During visits I can see that the staff are very caring and they know each resident very well. My mother is extremely deaf but the staff seemed able to manage her disability. The staff are very obliging. Visiting times are flexible and there is no problem taking residents out on trips, even altering her hair appointment to facilitate this. My mother enjoys the food and she has looked very well ever since residing at Pitmurchie. Overall we are very satisfied with Pitmurchie House.

How likely would you be to recommend Pitmurchie Care Home Ltd? Extremely LIKELY

It's been lovely, I just feel like it's a hotel and I don't want to go home!! I feel well cared for and like it because I don't have to worry about anything.

How likely would you be to recommend Pitmurchie Care Home Ltd? Don't know

My mum was in Pitmurchie Care home for nearly a month before she sadly passed away on 15th January 2015. My mum Rosabel Malcolm was given the very best care by all members of staff at Pitmurchie they were all very caring and comforting to mum and us as a family. I would recommend Pitmurchie to anyone looking for care of any type for a relative or friend.

Submit a Review for Pitmurchie Care Home Ltd

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Pitmurchie Care Home Ltd

There are no jobs posted yet for Pitmurchie Care Home Ltd

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Pitmurchie Care Home Ltd