Redmill Care Home, Bathgate, West Lothian

Situated in the beautiful East Whitburn countryside, Redmill Care Home is a popular 68 bedded property offering Dementia, Nursing and Residential care.

At Redmill Care Home Residents have a choice of lounge areas which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings. The home has a range of comfortable and well-equipped bedrooms.

Chefs at Redmill pride themselves on knowing the tastes of Residents and preparing a choice of home cooked, fresh, nutritional meals and catering for any dietary and cultural needs. At HC-One, experienced Home Managers and members of staff ensure kindness is at the heart of everything they do.

Person in charge: Roger Milligan (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: West Lothian Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 68 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alcohol Dependence (past or present) • Alzheimer's • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cancer Care • Challenging Behaviour • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Motor Neurone Disease • Parkinson's Disease • Schizophrenia • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Near Public Transport • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room

The user 'Review Score' (8.8 for Redmill Care Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Redmill Care Home

I like living in Redmill. I am well looked after. The activities are quite good. I enjoy going on outings. The staff are friendly and help me when required. My room is cleaned daily and I have been able to personalise it with items from home.

Redmill Care Home

I feel I am well looked after and the home is clean. I have lived in Redmill for 2 1/2 years. I have made good friends while living at the home. I take great pride in showing my family, friends and visitors around the home and my room.

Redmill Care Home

My sister is well looked after. Food is good and all seem to be kept clean. Very good entertainment is provided. Rooms are good. Good medical treatment is given. Overall a very good place for people to go.

Redmill Care Home

My mum moved into the nursing home in July 2014. She has settled in very well. The staff are very good and helped her greatly in this process. They are caring and take time with the residents. The management are excellent and are always open to listening to my mum and our family members. I am glad we chose this home for mum as she is happier and more contented.

Redmill Care Home

I would recommend Redmill to anyone who required care for an elderly relative.

Redmill Care Home

As a family, we are very impressed by the high standard of care that is provided for our Dad at Redmill. It provides a very homely, safe environment for all of the elderly residents, to live and to enjoy their remaining years. We are so delighted at the decision that Dad & the family made, to relocate to Redmill. Thank you to all the staff for your care & attention so far, it's all very much appreciated.

Redmill Care Home

Our Dad spent the last approximately 16 months of his life in Redmill, where the care and dedication and love from the staff was plain to see. Knowing he was so well cared for gave us the peace of mind we needed. The process of placing a loved one into a care home is highly stressful, but after meeting the staff and visiting beforehand made it easier for all our family. Support from all the staff to all the family was an immense help especially at the end of our Dad's life. Our wholehearted recommendation would go to anyone having to find somewhere for a loved one to be cared for.

Redmill Care Home

The first thing you notice on entering the home is the friendliness of the staff. No one walks past without a friendly greeting. Great emphasis is on 'Home' as each room is respected as the resident's home. The overall care given to our mother was of the highest standard and every effort was made to ensure her care and comfort during the last two years of her life. This was a very difficult decision to make for the family when Mum went into the home but the support of everyone at Redmill was excellent. I'm not sure when the photo of the garden was taken but unfortunately it has never looked anything like that in the past 2 years. In fact it was myself and my family who took it on ourselves last year to do considerable work in it to make it more attractive to the residents. It is a big let down to the residents who look onto it. On a positive note, great effort is taken to ensure the residents are entertained and given the opportunity to join in with various types of activities and events, in fact Mum had a better social life at Redmill than living on her own in her own home. I will forever be grateful to the manager and staff for their support when Mum passed away.

Redmill Care Home

The staff- at all levels, very approachable if you have any issues/problems/questions - nothing is too much bother communication is excellent - if any matters arise they will phone me and it is sorted out promptly. Care -is top notch, my dad is always well dressed and shaved and hair combed, he looks like time and patience has been spent on his personal needs.

Redmill Care Home

Home provides the care and service of its function.

Redmill Care Home

We would recommend Redmill nursing home.

Redmill Care Home

I have been very impressed with the care my brother is receiving in Redhill, the short time he has been there has been a great improvement in his over two months. The manager and staff have been really nice and also to me. I feel a lot happier now and I pray it continues.

Submit a Review for Redmill Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Redmill Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Redmill Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Redmill Care Home