Merino Court Care Home

134 Drumfrochar Road, Greenock PA15 4JG

Merino Court Care Home, Greenock, Inverclyde

Located within a residential area of Greenock, Merino Court Care Home is a purpose built 60 bedded accommodation offering Dementia, Nursing and Residential care.

At Merino Court Care Home Residents have a choice of lounge areas which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings. The Home has a range of comfortable and well-equipped bedrooms; some rooms have sea views and others have direct access to the gardens.

Chefs at Merino Court pride themselves on knowing the tastes of Residents and preparing a choice of home cooked, fresh, nutritional meals and catering for any dietary and cultural needs. At HC-One, experienced Home Managers and members of staff ensure kindness is at the heart of everything they do.

Person in charge: Maria Hughes (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Inverclyde Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 60 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Challenging Behaviour

Admission Information: To comply with category. Ages 65+.

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Television point in own room

posted 28 Dec 2016

Please contact us for information regarding our bed availability

9.7 Merino Court Care Home has a Review Score of 9.7 (9.650)

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for Merino Court Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 15 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Merino Court Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 11 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.733 for Merino Court Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (135 Excellents x 5) + (35 Goods x 4) + (6 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 176 Ratings = 4.733

2. 1 point is available for reaching a target number of Positive Reviews based on 20% of the number of registered beds. If the target is partially reached then that proportion of 1 point is given. eg a Care Home with 50 registered beds has a target of 10 Positive Reviews, if it has 10 or more Positive Reviews it will receive 1 point, if it has 7 reviews will receive 0.7 points.

The 4.917 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Merino Court Care Home is based on 11 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 12 positive Reviews (60 registered beds ÷ 5). 11 Reviews ÷ 12 Target = 0.917

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Merino Court Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Merino Court Care Home

• Cousin of Resident/Service User

I would talk to my dad on my sister's phone, we would skype each other. I got to talk to the staff as they came into see my dad was ok. My dad would tell me how good all the staff were. My dad loved his outings to the tea dance and the barge trips, I've been home and went to see my dad on a few occasions and the staff were very forthcoming I can't fault them.

How likely would you be to recommend Merino Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

My cousin has only been in residence here for a short time but I was impressed by how cheerful she looked. She has evidently been looked after well and has a routine that she did not have when at home. Her appetite has improved. The staff are all cheerful and helpful. The decor is bright and beautifully clean as are the toilets from what I can see.

How likely would you be to recommend Merino Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

My Mum has been at Merino Court just over 4 months. It's been the best 4 months of Mum's illness. Myself and my family are so happy with the staff and the care they give to everyone, very very clean.

How likely would you be to recommend Merino Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

I love visiting this home, all staff go out of their way for me and my sister-in-law. I cannot find any fault with the staff, cleanliness, food and also the staff seem to genuinely care about residents and family. Room is always clean as are the residents and would be offered tea and biscuits etc. When visiting overall would rate this home 100%.

How likely would you be to recommend Merino Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

I have always found the staff and management to be excellent, they always have the time to talk to you.
The surroundings are very clean and always tidy.
I am very happy with the care that my relative is receiving.

How likely would you be to recommend Merino Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

From the moment I went into the home I found the atmosphere very pleasant. The staff were very helpful and nice, as well as knowing my mum they also knew me. We both found the experience very pleasant. If my mum had to go into a home again I would definitely recommend Merino Court

How likely would you be to recommend Merino Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

I have a friend who was in this care home for 2 weeks. What a pleasure it was to visit. The welcome I and other friends received was amazing. So friendly and very very much appreciated. Thanks to them all.

How likely would you be to recommend Merino Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Merino Court provides a warm, welcoming, friendly atmosphere for residents and visitors. The newly refurbished/upgraded surroundings are not only tasteful but thoughtful and considerate to older peoples needs/interests. As a visitor you can access the home unannounced at any time. This allows you to get a real idea of the ongoing level of care provided.

My experience as a regular visitor has been very positive. I have witnessed (often without being observed myself) a very dedicated, respectful, responsive and hard-working team at all levels. I feel the management and all staff are working hard to ensure a high standard of care is achieved and maintained. More importantly my relative reports "They are all nice, approachable people. Always cheerful and keen to listen/help. They let me do my own thing and the food is good!".

How likely would you be to recommend Merino Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Find it comfortable. Happy here.

How likely would you be to recommend Merino Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has been at Merino Court for nearly three years since she needed additional care for advanced Alzheimer's. The previous home she had been in couldn't contain her and had used psychotropic drugs to sedate her. On entering Merino Court, all those medications were withdrawn, and her behaviour managed by staff very effectively. Merino Court has an excellent philosophy and ethos running through all its activities: that it is the residents' home and what they want to do should be accommodated as much as possible. This means not having set getting up times or bedtimes, freedom to roam around the units or to sit in the lounges. The only set times are mealtimes. Relatives are welcomed any time day or night, and invited to join in with whatever is happening in the home during their visit. The staff go the extra mile to care and support the residents in sometimes challenging situations. We have nothing but respect and admiration for the care my mother has received in her time at Merino.

How likely would you be to recommend Merino Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

My father spent four years in Merino Court. He had dementia. Staff at Merino Court were excellent. When he went in he was on various medication including anti psychotics. They were able to get him off these and vastly improved his quality of life. Care from staff was excellent. Over the four years that my father was a resident the facilities continued to improve, and garden upgrading is currently underway.

How likely would you be to recommend Merino Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

My grandfather re-admitted for a period of respite, again girls doing a great job and giving my gran a well earned break, piece of mind and reassurance that he is very well looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend Merino Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

MY dad would not be here today if he had still been at his own house. The home has been a Godsend as my dad was such a private person, but with all the activities and the day trips, he likes to join in now. I have never had a problem as all the staff know my dad's likes and dislikes. There is good entertainment on. The recreation lady is so good at her job and the secretary keeps me right with my dad's paperwork.

How likely would you be to recommend Merino Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

My wife and I had our diamond wedding anniversary to celebrate on the 28th of October 2015. As my wife is the secure part of he home, we had to make a small party in the home.
That went wonderfully well and the family enjoyed it and also my wife. All the staff are the best and what a different that makes to my life, I know she is in good able hands.

How likely would you be to recommend Merino Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Had a meeting with Social Worker and Manager at Merino Court to discuss my mothers care and see if we had any concerns. I was happy to say that I was satisfied on all levels.

Submit a Review for Merino Court Care Home

Please avoid using names and enter a minimum of 200 and maximum of 1,000 characters - Currently 0 characters.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Merino Court Care Home