Braemount Care Home, Paisley, Renfrewshire

Located in a peaceful area of Glenburn, Paisley, Braemount Care Home offers long and short-term residential care for the elderly. Care plans are tailored to individual needs and include dementia, nursing, respite, palliative, convalescent, and Parkinson’s care.

The purpose-built accommodation consists of four houses, each with its own a lounge, conservatory and pretty landscaped garden. All bedrooms are tastefully decorated and furnished, and include en-suite facilities and a 24 hour call system.

A wide range of nutritious dishes are prepared on a daily basis using only fresh produce. Residents can choose to eat in the dining room, or in their own room if preferred. Tea, coffee and drinks are served regularly and there is also a Nite Bite menu available for out of hours snacks.

The popular activity programme includes reminiscence therapy, arts and crafts, musical entertainment and a cinema club. Residents can also enjoy regular trips and outings and visits from a mobile library and hairdresser.

Person in charge: Sandra Reynolds (Interim General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Renfrewshire Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 120 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Huntington's Disease • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Arabic, Czech, Hindi, Polish

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

8.5 Braemount Care Home has a Review Score of 8.5 (8.491)

The Review Score of 8.5 (maximum of 10) for Braemount Care Home is based on 15 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 8.491 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.258 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 4.233 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 8.491 for Braemount Care Home is based on 15 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.258 for Braemount Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (79 Excellents x 5) + (69 Goods x 4) + (27 Satisfactorys x 3) + (3 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 178 Ratings = 4.258

The Quantity Score of 4.233 for Braemount Care Home is calculated as follows:

• We receive approximately 15% of Reviews/Recommendations through website submission and 85% of Reviews/Recommendations through Review/Recommendation Cards (only available to Enhanced / Premium Services more info).

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Braemount Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Braemount Care Home

The Overall Average of all the Ratings in the following

11 Reviews* is 4.2 out of 5

*The Average Rating only uses ratings from the 11 reviews. Ratings from the 4 recommendations are not used for the Average Rating as the rating options were limited to Excellent, Good and Satisfactory.

I enjoy good banter with staff the care provided is of a good standard. I like my room and I am able to make it my own decorating it to my taste.

How likely would you be to recommend Braemount Care Home? Neither Unlikely or Likely

Food & Drink: Poor

Rachel Elliott, Customer Service Administrator at Braemount Care Home responded to this review on 20 Apr 2016:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team

I enjoyed living independently, However, I recognised my needs were such that I needed greater support. Since moving into Braemount I have not needed to back to hospital. I have a lovely room with many of my personal possessions. I am no longer lonely. I have made several new friends and I enjoy the daily activities and music in the lounge. The staff are my friends and are all very pleasant. My family are able to visit regularly. The soup is excellent. The cook asks if we have any preferences, and usually can oblige. All the residents have different needs and the staff work very hard to support us all.

How likely would you be to recommend Braemount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rachel Elliott, Customer Service Administrator at Braemount Care Home responded to this review on 06 Apr 2016:

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear about your positive experience of our home and will share your comments with the homes manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

My uncle seems happy in the care home, really likes all the staff and speaks highly of all the nurses.

How likely would you be to recommend Braemount Care Home? Extremely Likely

We feel our dad is very well looked after, he is always clean and well dressed and seems happy and content.

How likely would you be to recommend Braemount Care Home? Extremely Likely

I like being in the home and feel I have met many friends here. I like my food and feel that is tastes good. I enjoy going to my room to watch my television when I want to be on my own. I enjoy walking and I am active but afraid in case I fall.

How likely would you be to recommend Braemount Care Home? Extremely Likely

I feel as if I have lost my independence as I cannot do the things I want to do for example I am not allowed to walk with my zimmer unless someone comes with me in case I fall. I do enjoy doing activities as it breaks up my day and saves me from getting fed up. I feel that the meat could be cooked better and longer.

How likely would you be to recommend Braemount Care Home? Likely

My sister has been a resident for five years now and the family are happy with the way in which she is being looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend Braemount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Excellent all round. Staff very good.

How likely would you be to recommend Braemount Care Home? Extremely Likely

My wife has been in this unit for over two years and has been very well looked after by all the staff. The unit is kept very clean and activities are laid on for residents who are able to respond. overall a happy place mainly due to the excellent staff.

Very good.

How likely would you be to recommend Braemount Care Home? Likely

I continue to enjoy my own company within my own bedroom. I am more than capable of informing the staff members if I require any support/help. Or if I am feeling sad or low in my mood I know I can turn to the staff for help or for them just to listen to me and be there for me. I enjoy when my family comes to visit me or gives me a telephone call. I am happy and settled in Braemount care home and have no issues.

Food & Drink: Poor

Too much gravy on the meals in my opinion. My bedroom is kept clean and tidy. The lounge could be brighter. The carers and nurses always treat me with dignity and as a friend.

No Average Rating is available*

The home is comfortable and all my needs and requests are carried out. The food can be better. The activity crew keep me in the loop as to what's on and going on.

No Average Rating is available*

Braemount Care Home, Bupa Care Homes at Braemount Care Home responded to this review on 07 Aug 2015:

Thank you for your review. Your comments are extremely important to us and our residents’ health and wellbeing is our absolute priority. We will discuss your feedback with the home’s manager to help them continually improve their service.

We feel safe and comfortable in here. My washing is done for me and I don't have to do the dishes. The food is variable and can be better. Change of cakes with tea. Lots of cream and strawberries. The Activities Coordinator is excellent at keeping us entertained. We would like fish and chips from the chip shop.

No Average Rating is available*

My mum has been in Braemount since May 2015. I am very happy that I chose Beaemont and me and my family have nothing but praise for everyone.

Submit a Review for Braemount Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Braemount Care Home