Braemount Care Home, Paisley, Renfrewshire

Braemount offers long and short-term residential care, and specialises in respite, nursing, convalescence, palliative and dementia care. It also delivers specialist nursing for those with conditions such as Parkinson’s.

The purpose-built accommodation consists of four houses, each with its own a lounge, conservatory and pretty landscaped garden. All bedrooms have en-suite facilities and there is a visitor’s flat that family and friends can use.

A wide range of nutritious dishes are prepared on a daily basis using only fresh produce. Tea, coffee and drinks are served regularly, residents can choose to eat in the dining room, or if they prefer in their own room.

The popular activity programme includes reminiscence therapy, arts and crafts, musical entertainment and a cinema club.

Person in charge: Kate McConville (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Renfrewshire Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 120 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Huntington's Disease • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Arabic, Czech, Hindi, Polish

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

The user Review Score of 8.8 for Braemount Care Home is based on 26 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 8.816 is made up of 4.383 Points relating to the ratings and 4.433 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

I like being in the home and feel I have met many friends here. I like my food and feel that is tastes good. I enjoy going to my room to watch my television when I want to be on my own. I enjoy walking and I am active but afraid in case I fall.

How likely would you be to recommend Braemount Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

I feel as if I have lost my independence as I cannot do the things I want to do for example I am not allowed to walk with my zimmer unless someone comes with me in case I fall. I do enjoy doing activities as it breaks up my day and saves me from getting fed up. I feel that the meat could be cooked better and longer.

How likely would you be to recommend Braemount Care Home? Likely

My sister has been a resident for five years now and the family are happy with the way in which she is being looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend Braemount Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

Excellent all round. Staff very good.

How likely would you be to recommend Braemount Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

My wife has been in this unit for over two years and has been very well looked after by all the staff. The unit is kept very clean and activities are laid on for residents who are able to respond. overall a happy place mainly due to the excellent staff.

Very good.

How likely would you be to recommend Braemount Care Home? Likely

I continue to enjoy my own company within my own bedroom. I am more than capable of informing the staff members if I require any support/help. Or if I am feeling sad or low in my mood I know I can turn to the staff for help or for them just to listen to me and be there for me. I enjoy when my family comes to visit me or gives me a telephone call. I am happy and settled in Braemount care home and have no issues.

Food & Drink: Poor

Too much gravy on the meals in my opinion. My bedroom is kept clean and tidy. The lounge could be brighter. The carers and nurses always treat me with dignity and as a friend.

The home is comfortable and all my needs and requests are carried out. The food can be better. The activity crew keep me in the loop as to what's on and going on.

Braemount Care Home, Bupa Care Homes at Braemount Care Home responded to this review on 07 Aug 2015:

Thank you for your review. Your comments are extremely important to us and our residents’ health and wellbeing is our absolute priority. We will discuss your feedback with the home’s manager to help them continually improve their service.

We feel safe and comfortable in here. My washing is done for me and I don't have to do the dishes. The food is variable and can be better. Change of cakes with tea. Lots of cream and strawberries. The Activities Coordinator is excellent at keeping us entertained. We would like fish and chips from the chip shop.

My mum has been in Braemount since May 2015. I am very happy that I chose Beaemont and me and my family have nothing but praise for everyone.

I enjoy the company of the other residents and have made good relationships within the home. The food could be a wee bit better but overall very happy.

Both of my parents are resident in Espadair House, Braemount - my mother for 16 months and my father for the last 2 months. My mother has been very well looked after by the staff and, therefore, it was the obvious place for my father as well. He went in for respite care but, as his health has deteriorated, he will probably remain full-time. The staff are all very pleasant and helpful and the food always looks good (I have not yet tasted it!).

Staff are excellent. Food is good.

I seek that the standard of service overall is excellent and the staff carry out their work to a high professional standard. However I concede that the staffing levels could be increased to allow the resident's toilets needs to be attended to more quickly (for example at meal times.)

Mary is well cared for and staff are very attentive. They treat her with respect and dignity.

Yes, I would recommend this care home, Espadair House.

This care home is very well run. The staff excell with the care and attention given to all residents.

My brother is a temporary patient at this home.

No changes required, staff have great patience and are very caring.

My daughter picked this nursing home.

I like staying at Braemount because I feel at home where I have my own personal space. I also have the opportunity to go to my local bowling club for a catch up and a pint with my fellow friends.

I really like it here, the staff are wonderful, I love the bingo and I feel safe, the nurses always open the door at night to check I am safe.

It's really good here, I love my room and I feel very happy.

My friend (May Stewart) is very well looked after by caring staff who attend to all her needs. I cannot speak highly enough of the staff at Nethercraigs House and would have no hesitation in recommending Braemount Nursing home.

The unit where my husband lives is always clean and smell free. His room is kept clean and tidy. His health care needs are met promptly and efficiently. A caring staff means I am assured he is getting the best care available outside of his own home.

Submit a Review for Braemount Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Braemount Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Braemount Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Braemount Care Home