Ailsa Craig Care Home

101 Brand Street, Cessnock, Glasgow G51 1DJ

Ailsa Craig Care Home, Glasgow, Glasgow City

Ailsa Craig provides nursing care, dementia care, and residential care. All care is personalised and carried out by registered nurses and experienced care assistants.

Arranged in three separate houses, the care provider has focused on enhancing each house to meet the specific needs of residents and the challenges carers face in fulfilling their professional potential. All bedrooms are en-suite and can be personalised by the resident.

A varied range of balanced and nutritious diets are prepared, which residents can enjoy in privacy or while socialising in the dining room. Chefs regularly discuss new menu ideas and best practise.

Numerous activities are provided to encourage the emotional well-being of residents. Local entertainers visit regularly and there are many fun outings to places of interest organised.

Person in charge: Kathleen Glasgow (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Glasgow City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 90 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Huntington's Disease • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Tagalog

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

9 Ailsa Craig Care Home has a Review Score of 9 (9.027)

The Review Score of 9 (maximum of 10) for Ailsa Craig Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 8 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Ailsa Craig Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4 out of 5 from 8 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.583 for Ailsa Craig Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (59 Excellents x 5) + (34 Goods x 4) + (3 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 96 Ratings = 4.583

2. 1 point is available for reaching a target number of Positive Reviews based on 20% of the number of registered beds. If the target is partially reached then that proportion of 1 point is given. eg a Care Home with 50 registered beds has a target of 10 Positive Reviews, if it has 10 or more Positive Reviews it will receive 1 point, if it has 7 reviews will receive 0.7 points.

The 4.444 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Ailsa Craig Care Home is based on 8 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 18 positive Reviews (90 registered beds ÷ 5). 8 Reviews ÷ 18 Target = 0.444

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Ailsa Craig Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Ailsa Craig Care Home

• Grandson of Resident/Service User

I became my mums carer when my dad died earlier in the year and she now lives with me and my family and she has Alzheimer's. She enjoys being in the middle of the family life and we hope to look after her as long as we possibly can. In order to achieve a balance in all of our lives and to undertake necessary maintenance in our home, we needed available respite that we felt was the best we could get for mum. The Bupa care homes have provided this, whereas most of the care homes in our area don't. Her recent stay, when we had to move out to have our bathroom renovated, was at Ailsa Craig, where she was treated with respect, a great deal of care and lots of fun, which she enjoyed and engaged with. This support is a lifeline that helps us to keep mum at home where we want her to be.

How likely would you be to recommend Ailsa Craig Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Ailsa Craig Care Home responded to this review on 12 Jan 2017:

My dad came to Ailsa after an extensive time floating between various hospitals. This left him disorientated and disconnected. It has taken a while for him to settle but the Ailsa staff have been dedicated in their resolve to get to know my dad. Through their attentiveness, commitment and person-centered care, he feels "comfortable", "at home" and "safe". He speaks highly of the staff. There has been a journey by all - regarding care support to adapt, resolve and progress forward. As a family member, I find the staff overall very supportive, approachable, efficient and professional. Activities within the home are varied, stimulating and relevant. Respect is given to my dad's desire for privacy and choice with the right amount of encouragement to participate given. Also, the facilities are satisfactory with a commitment/intention to some well-needed upgrade to some rooms. There would be a preference for the en-suite in his room to include a shower and for wardrobes etc. to be upgraded but the room is comfortable and well cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Ailsa Craig Care Home? Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Ailsa Craig Care Home responded to this review on 19 Dec 2016:

The staff provide a caring environment for the residents. Regular entertainment such as Halloween partied, fireworks night.
They provide a lot of personal care without complaint.
Pleasant, friendly greeting every time I visit.

How likely would you be to recommend Ailsa Craig Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Ailsa Craig Care Home responded to this review on 02 Dec 2016:

Ailsa Craig has cared for my father since February 2015. He has settled well and very quickly and I would put this down the staff's caring and very positive attitude towards him. His likes and dislikes for meals are catered for and his dignity is respected. Staff interact and support his activities such as music, word search books, and dominoes. They make sure that the family is involved, informed and supported through any difficulties.

How likely would you be to recommend Ailsa Craig Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, customer services administrator at Ailsa Craig Care Home responded to this review on 07 Nov 2016:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

I have moved into Bute House in the last 4 weeks. I love staying here I feel I am very much looked after, I enjoy playing Bingo, listening to music and like to spend time in the garden and going to the shops. My family have arranged for me to have money in my account so that when I'm out I can buy sweets, cakes and anything I fancy.

How likely would you be to recommend Ailsa Craig Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Ailsa Craig Care Home responded to this review on 26 Aug 2016:

My Mum had been in Alisa Craig for approximately 5 years. Her last couple of weeks in the home was palliative care. During that time the staff in Bute Unit were remarkable with the time and care they gave my Mum and also the support they gave us as a family.

How likely would you be to recommend Ailsa Craig Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Ailsa Craig Care Home responded to this review on 21 Jul 2016:

She loved it, everybody was amazing. With all her illnesses she needed a lot of care and attention which was done beyond anything we could have wished for her.
She is in a bed 24 hours a day and in Ailsa Craig they got her up and in a chair and dressed which hasn't happened in about 3 years now.
She has someone to talk to all the time day or night. Just amazed she liked it so much. Now she wants to go back into Ailsa Craig full time which I am happy about because my mum is happy, thank you so much.

How likely would you be to recommend Ailsa Craig Care Home? Extremely Likely

My Gran was admitted to the the home a little over a year ago and since day one the staff where fantastic. I never ever felt they where just doing their job as they acted more like extended family and where always available if we had questions. Even in my Gran's final days they ensured myself and my family had as much time as we needed and even staff who where off came into see her before she passed away peacefully in her room.

Submit a Review for Ailsa Craig Care Home

Please avoid using names and enter a minimum of 200 and maximum of 1,000 characters - Currently 0 characters.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Ailsa Craig Care Home