Ailsa Craig Care Home

101 Brand Street, Cessnock, Glasgow G51 1DJ

Ailsa Craig Care Home, Glasgow, Glasgow City

Ailsa Craig provides nursing care, dementia care, and residential care. All care is personalised and carried out by registered nurses and experienced care assistants.

Arranged in three separate houses, the care provider has focused on enhancing each house to meet the specific needs of residents and the challenges carers face in fulfilling their professional potential. All bedrooms are en-suite and can be personalised by the resident.

A varied range of balanced and nutritious diets are prepared, which residents can enjoy in privacy or while socialising in the dining room. Chefs regularly discuss new menu ideas and best practise.

Numerous activities are provided to encourage the emotional well-being of residents. Local entertainers visit regularly and there are many fun outings to places of interest organised.

Person in charge: Kathleen Glasgow (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Glasgow City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 90 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Huntington's Disease • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Tagalog

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

8.8 Ailsa Craig Care Home has a Review Score of 8.8 (8.805)

The Review Score of 8.8 (maximum of 10) for Ailsa Craig Care Home is based on 14 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 8.805 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.494 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 4.311 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

• The maximum Review Score for a care home / service is 10 and it is based on the published Reviews in the last 2 years. When a Review is submitted by someone who has previously submitted a Review, only the latest Review will count towards the Review Score.

The Review Score of 8.805 for Ailsa Craig Care Home is based on 14 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.494 for Ailsa Craig Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (92 Excellents x 5) + (67 Goods x 4) + (5 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) + (1 Very Poors x 1) ) ÷ 166 Ratings = 4.494

The Quantity Score of 4.311 for Ailsa Craig Care Home is calculated as follows:

• We receive approximately 15% of Reviews/Recommendations through website submission and 85% of Reviews/Recommendations through Review/Recommendation Cards (only available to Enhanced / Premium Services more info).

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Ailsa Craig Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Ailsa Craig Care Home

• Grandson of Resident/Service User

The Overall Average of all the Ratings in the following

11 Reviews* is 4.5 out of 5

*The Average Rating only uses ratings from the 11 reviews. Ratings from the 3 recommendations are not used for the Average Rating as the rating options were limited to Excellent, Good and Satisfactory.

The staff provide a caring environment for the residents. Regular entertainment such as Halloween partied, fireworks night.
They provide a lot of personal care without complaint.
Pleasant, friendly greeting every time I visit.

How likely would you be to recommend Ailsa Craig Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Ailsa Craig Care Home responded to this review on 02 Dec 2016:

Ailsa Craig has cared for my father since February 2015. He has settled well and very quickly and I would put this down the staff's caring and very positive attitude towards him. His likes and dislikes for meals are catered for and his dignity is respected. Staff interact and support his activities such as music, word search books, and dominoes. They make sure that the family is involved, informed and supported through any difficulties.

How likely would you be to recommend Ailsa Craig Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, customer services administrator at Ailsa Craig Care Home responded to this review on 07 Nov 2016:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

I have enjoyed my stay here and have found the staff to be very helpful. The food is good but not really to my taste. My only fault is that I would like to help more with the cleaning up of tables etc. and the member of staff I spoke to has assured me that I can help with that during the remainder of my stay.

Value for Money: Very Poor

The staff are lovely, take good care of you. The meals are fine. It's good they have a back garden to access to sit outside in the nice weather and to get fresh air.

How likely would you be to recommend Ailsa Craig Care Home? Likely

Lydia Waller, Customer Service Administrator at Ailsa Craig Care Home responded to this review on 26 Sep 2016:

I like it here because the staff are very good, it's always a relaxed atmosphere here and we can have a wee drink on a Saturday like I did when I was in my own home. It's like a home to home. The staff dance about singing and join us for a dance.

How likely would you be to recommend Ailsa Craig Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rachel Elliott, Customer Service Administrator at Ailsa Craig Care Home responded to this review on 16 Sep 2016:

I like living here, the staff are fantastic, the food is lovely and we go on outings a few times a month to bowling or for lunch. I like my room and I'm just getting a DVD player in my room.

How likely would you be to recommend Ailsa Craig Care Home? Likely

I like the home, it's very relaxed and I've made good friends here, my room is very homely and we all look out for each other here in Bute House. I like playing the bingo which is very good, we win fantastic prizes. The meals are nice and desserts also.

How likely would you be to recommend Ailsa Craig Care Home? Likely

I have moved into Bute House in the last 4 weeks. I love staying here I feel I am very much looked after, I enjoy playing Bingo, listening to music and like to spend time in the garden and going to the shops. My family have arranged for me to have money in my account so that when I'm out I can buy sweets, cakes and anything I fancy.

How likely would you be to recommend Ailsa Craig Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Ailsa Craig Care Home responded to this review on 26 Aug 2016:

My Mum had been in Alisa Craig for approximately 5 years. Her last couple of weeks in the home was palliative care. During that time the staff in Bute Unit were remarkable with the time and care they gave my Mum and also the support they gave us as a family.

How likely would you be to recommend Ailsa Craig Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Ailsa Craig Care Home responded to this review on 21 Jul 2016:

She loved it, everybody was amazing. With all her illnesses she needed a lot of care and attention which was done beyond anything we could have wished for her.
She is in a bed 24 hours a day and in Ailsa Craig they got her up and in a chair and dressed which hasn't happened in about 3 years now.
She has someone to talk to all the time day or night. Just amazed she liked it so much. Now she wants to go back into Ailsa Craig full time which I am happy about because my mum is happy, thank you so much.

How likely would you be to recommend Ailsa Craig Care Home? Extremely Likely

My Gran was admitted to the the home a little over a year ago and since day one the staff where fantastic. I never ever felt they where just doing their job as they acted more like extended family and where always available if we had questions. Even in my Gran's final days they ensured myself and my family had as much time as we needed and even staff who where off came into see her before she passed away peacefully in her room.

How likely would you be to recommend Ailsa Craig Care Home? Extremely Likely

Manager and her staff are excellent and are very dedicated to the job. Activity co-ordinators are also very good and staff should continue activities when activity co-ordinator is off, when possible.
The staff in Millpoint are also excellent and deal very well with challenging residents.

No Average Rating is available*

Highly recommend nursing and care staff in the Millport Unit of Ailsa Craig Care Home. All staff are very caring and attentive to both patients and relatives.

No Average Rating is available*

My mother was a resident in the Millport Unit. When the post of unit manager was taken over there was a very noticeable difference in the care - it went from average to excellent. She is a very caring person and always puts the residents needs first and is also a great support to their family. The lady who was my mothers appointed nurse was excellent.

Submit a Review for Ailsa Craig Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Ailsa Craig Care Home