Darnley Court Care Home, Glasgow, Glasgow City

Darnley Court is a modern and purpose-built accommodation that is ideal for the practice of dementia care, while carers are experienced in general nursing needs, for long and short-term respite requirements, convalescence and palliative care.

Interiors are open plan and there are many homely comforts helping residents to feel relaxed, including en-suite bedrooms and good wheelchair access.

Mealtimes are an important part of the day with special diets catered for by an experienced chef. Visitors are welcome to join in and lighter bites are available during the day.

A varied activities programme helps residents to continue embracing personal interests and hobbies, with many events and seasonal entertainments to also appreciate.

Person in charge: Ray Ainsworth (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Glasgow City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 120 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Parkinson's Disease

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Bulgarian

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Review Score: 9 (8.964)

The Review Score of 9 (maximum of 10) for Darnley Court Care Home is based on 25 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 8.964 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.564 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 4.4 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 8.964 for Darnley Court Care Home is based on 25 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.564 for Darnley Court Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (195 Excellents x 5) + (81 Goods x 4) + (17 Satisfactorys x 3) + (5 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 298 Ratings = 4.564

The Quantity Score of 4.4 for Darnley Court Care Home is calculated as follows:

• We receive approximately 15% of Reviews/Recommendations through website submission and 85% of Reviews/Recommendations through Review/Recommendation Cards (only available to Enhanced / Premium Services more info).

Enjoy living here. Staff are very kind and look after me. Enjoy the food.

How likely would you be to recommend Darnley Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Lydia Waller, Customer Service Administrator at Darnley Court Care Home responded to this review on 29 Jun 2016:

It's very nice living here, I've been very very lucky to get a nice room and I'm treated so well.

How likely would you be to recommend Darnley Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Since my aunt has come to Darnley Court the staff have being very helpful and kind not just to my aunt but to the family. It makes us as a family feel good that she is being given a good and caring time for as long as she is here and we give thanks to all the staff in the care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Darnley Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Darnley Court Care Home responded to this review on 14 Jun 2016:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Some staff virtually ignore me, and are quite unhelpful. Team working is not evident. I find that when visiting my sister at above named nursing home, there is a failure in their communication system in the unit. Staff are very reluctant to engage in a meaningful, relevant dialogue.
When I ask for information about my sister's general well-being there are various responses such as; "I don't know" "I am just back from days off!, "I was on holiday", "It has been agency staff working on some shifts". It is my opinion that such responses are highly unsatisfactory and concerning, communication is 'key' in any care setting.

How likely would you be to recommend Darnley Court Care Home? Unlikely

Staff: Poor

Management: Poor

Safety / Security: Poor

Value for Money: Poor

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Darnley Court Care Home responded to this review on 21 Jun 2016:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. Your comments are extremely important to us and our residents’ health and well-being is our absolute priority. We will discuss your feedback with the home’s manager to help them continually improve their service. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

The home is very good but the food could be better.

How likely would you be to recommend Darnley Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Darnley Court Care Home responded to this review on 13 Jun 2016:

Very happy with the care my mum receives. Staff are always friendly and I was able to personalise my mum's room.

How likely would you be to recommend Darnley Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

I am very pleased with all aspects of this care home. The staff are very helpful and have been a great support. The atmosphere is relaxed, friendly and the level of cleanliness, menu choice and personal care are of a high standard.

How likely would you be to recommend Darnley Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

The staff and customer services is excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Darnley Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Since my dad arrived as a resident (March 2015) he has been very well looked after. Having been a resident in quite a few places previously, Darnley Court Care Home had provided my dad with the specialist care and compassion that so many people with dementia require. Our family are more than happy with the knowledge that my dad is being looked after so well. Each and every member of staff here go above and beyond what we would expect, not only the nurses and care staff, kitchen, cleaners, office staff etc. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Darnley Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

I enjoy my privacy and the home gives me this when I want it, it also lets me have meals with other people. I like that I get to go to the bookies if I want.

How likely would you be to recommend Darnley Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

I am happy living here. I enjoy when the girls tong my hair and paint my nails.
I like when my family visit. I enjoy the food. We are like one big happy family. I love tea and the girls make me lots.

I like staying here. There are lots of activities I enjoy, bingo, arts and crafts and quizzes.
I am happy living here.

I like that I am treated as an individual, with respect, privacy and dignity. I feel it is very homely. We are given choices.

How likely would you be to recommend Darnley Court Care Home? Likely

SInce coming in I have found it very good meeting people like myself who need lots of attention. All the staff are very pleasant to us and see to all our needs and listen to all our worried and comfort us in every possible way. I wish I could od more to help them. I like all the activities and I like going out for meals and playing games and craft works. I have been in here for three years now. The nurses are very devoted to their work. I don't know what I would do without them, I call them my family now.

After a long decision about my mothers welfare, I had to decide that for her own health and welfare that I had to look for a nursing home suitable for her family we decided on Darnley Court. I am very happy with my mums care as we had a lot of problems with her at her home . The staff in Darnley Court have managed to get her sorted. Every day there is improvement with my health and welfare. I had a look at a few nursing homes ten in all and I am glad that she was accepted to Darnley Court and is being looked after.

The overall standard is good but we don't know the management.

The place is nice. The staff are friendly.

The home is lovely and staff are really good.

As homes go, it's up there in the first 10.

The home looks nice, I'm happy here.

I recommend this home as the staff are very friendly and there is always lots to do.

I enjoy staying here, I have made lots of friends.

I enjoy being here. The staff are nice.

This is a lovely part of Glasgow. I'm staying here and not moving.

All staff are welcoming and helpful and try to do their very best for the residents. They would like to do more but staffing levels make it difficult for them. There are secure grounds so that the residents and relatives can go outside.

Submit a Review for Darnley Court Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Darnley Court Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Darnley Court Care Home