Kirknowe Care Home, Wishaw, Lanarkshire
Kirknowe Care Home
Kirknowe Care Home

Kirknowe Nursing Home staff ensure that each individual is cared for exceptionally by creating a tailored care plan that takes into account the type of care required, whether specialist Parkinson’s care, convalescence, palliative care or respite.

Residents do not have to leave their bedrooms to enjoy the home’s garden, as each bedroom has great views of the landscaped area. Each individual is also welcome to personalise their room with possessions and ornaments.

Seasonal menus are prepared by the home’s own chef who gets to know each resident’s dietary needs as soon as a new client moves into the home. A Nite Bite menu is available between 6.30pm and 6.30am for all residents.

The home enjoys regular visits from the mobile library, as well as local entertainers who perform for residents throughout the year. Daily activities are on offer for residents to participate in if they choose to and the purpose built home has a dedicated arts and crafts room.

Person in charge: Margaret Cunningham (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: North Lanarkshire Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 90 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Huntington's Disease • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Inspectorate* Report on Kirknowe Care Home: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Kirknowe Care Home

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Kirknowe Care Home

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.2 for Kirknowe Care Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Kirknowe Care Home on Tuesday 8 July 2014 by Jimmy N (Resident)

Jimmy loves the meals in the home and likes that his room faces into a garden.

Review of Kirknowe Care Home on Thursday 3 July 2014 by Nancy Muir (Relative (sister))

I was very concerned about my sister going into a care home. However I have been impressed with the staff who have been so helpful and have made me and my sister feel so welcomed. I have no hesitation in recommending Kirknowe to anyone who is considering a nursing home.

Review of Kirknowe Care Home on Thursday 3 July 2014 by Dylan McKirdy (Son in law)

We visited numerous care homes in North Lanarkshire and at Kirknowe we were made very welcome. We were shown around, time was taken to take our details and listen to our past experiences. My father in law has now been in the care home for 5 months and is extremely happy. We would highly recommend Kirknowe to everyone.

Review of Kirknowe Care Home on Wednesday 25 June 2014 by Authur Hamilton (Resident)

Authur likes that the care staff look after him well and that he gets meals whenever he wants, he has no complaints about the home.

Review of Kirknowe Care Home on Wednesday 25 June 2014 by Ian R (Son of resident)

The attention my dad received was excellent. The staff were very friendly and always had a smile on their face under very difficult circumstances. Even though they were stretched at times they always managed to give dad a cuddle, a smile and a little reassurance. If your considering putting a loved one into care, which is a very difficult decision to make, then I would highly recommend Kirknowe Care Home.

Review of Kirknowe Care Home on Tuesday 17 June 2014 by Derek C (Wife Resident)

I have no recommendation to this care home. Your staff have been excellent and not just to my wife all the time she was in Kirknowe home and all the times I visited she was happy and cared for in all ways. Thank you for looking after my wife (Janet Crame)

Review of Kirknowe Care Home on Monday 19 May 2014 by Agnes Muldoon (Resident)

I would recommend Kirknowe as prior to coming into the home, I was very apprehensive but since coming into the home I have found the staff very supportive and helpful nothing is too much trouble I am bale to make my own choices.

Review of Kirknowe Care Home on Monday 19 May 2014 by James Stevenson (Resident)

Staff always get me what I want and sometimes take me for a pint. Personal care is also good.

Review of Kirknowe Care Home on Tuesday 13 May 2014 by Emily M (Daughter of resident)

My mother refused to move to a care home. My sisters viewed a lot of homes in the area and were impressed with the welcome and friendliness of the staff. They managed to convince mother to try it and thankfully she loves it. I have visited twice as I stay up north and I am very impressed with my visits.

Review of Kirknowe Care Home on Wednesday 2 April 2014 by Agnes Dalziel (Resident)

Happy with staff, feels they are always here for her. Happy with her room, feels it meets her needs and she has been able to personalise her room to make it homely.

Review of Kirknowe Care Home on Monday 31 March 2014 by Anne Hayes (Sister of resident)

I am writing this on behalf of my family. I have to say the treatment Jim received was first class, from day one the staff could not do enough for Jim and the family. Jim was cared for with respect. The staff should get a medal for what they do.

Review of Kirknowe Care Home on Friday 28 March 2014 by Annie Wilson (Resident)

I have lived at Kirknowe for 4 years and I have been extremely happy. I never want for anything. I have a duvet day as I am 103 years old. I go to activities, love to chat to the staff and I treat them as my own. I like my food and I am well catered for.

Review of Kirknowe Care Home on Friday 28 March 2014 by Annie Hunter (Resident)

I like the outings we go on. I like being able to have my cigarettes when I want. I enjoy sitting out in the gardens. The staff are always happy and helpful.

Review of Kirknowe Care Home on Wednesday 5 March 2014 by Anne Marie M (Respite for mother)

My mother was made very welcome whilst in for respite and couldn't be better looked after. All the staff were very approachable and pleasant and went out of their way to help. The atmosphere of the place was calm and relaxing.

Review of Kirknowe Care Home on Thursday 6 February 2014 by Nancy Ker (Niece of resident)

Kirknowe staff are very helpful, they made my Aunt's last months the best they could, they treated her like their own family. She turned 100 and her birthday was made very special for her and us. I would recommend Kirknowe to anyone looking for care for their loved ones.

Review of Kirknowe Care Home on Wednesday 29 January 2014 by Mary Waddell (resident)

I could no longer live at home, so my daughter Elaine who lives in New Zealand found me a new home at Kirkfieldbank where the staff welcomed me and my dog Bonnie. Making us most welcome. They walk Bonnie for me and make sure she is fed. Bonnie also has the run of the unit. The staff look after me very well. At Christmas they bought a card and took photos of me to send to my daughter Elaine in New Zealand. The staff are like a second family to me, I am very happy.

Review of Kirknowe Care Home on Wednesday 29 January 2014 by Jean W (Resident)

I have no close relatives living in Scotland so I rely on the staff within the Kirkfieldbank unit. Over the last few months they have assisted me by doing my Christmas shopping, writing my Christmas cards and also decorating my room with Christmas decorations. As I am confined to my bed - the staff also go out to purchase my toiletries when I need things. Administrator help me with my financial business. This makes me feel safe, secure and happy at this time.

Review of Kirknowe Care Home on Friday 17 January 2014 by Richard Weaver (Husband of service user)

Staff show support to residents and families. The day room is nice and cosy and creates a homely environment. The home always has a happy atmosphere, and staff can't do enough for us all. I am more than happy with the care provided in the home.

Submit a Recommendation for Kirknowe Care Home

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Kirknowe Care Home and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

There are no jobs posted yet for Kirknowe Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Kirknowe Care Home