Kirknowe Care Home, Wishaw, Lanarkshire

Kirknowe staff ensure that each individual is cared for exceptionally by creating a tailored care plan that takes into account the type of care required, whether specialist Parkinson’s care, convalescence, palliative care or respite.

Residents do not have to leave their bedrooms to enjoy the home’s garden, as each bedroom has great views of the landscaped area. Each individual is also welcome to personalise their room with possessions and ornaments.

Seasonal menus are prepared by the home’s own chef who gets to know each resident’s dietary needs as soon as a new client moves into the home. A Nite Bite menu is available between 6.30pm and 6.30am for all residents.

The home enjoys regular visits from the mobile library, as well as local entertainers who perform for residents throughout the year. Daily activities are on offer for residents to participate in if they choose to and the purpose built home has a dedicated arts and crafts room.

Person in charge: Margaret Cunningham (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: North Lanarkshire Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 90 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Huntington's Disease • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

The user Review Score of 9.3 for Kirknowe Care Home is based on 20 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 9.348 is made up of 4.904 Points relating to the ratings and 4.444 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

My aunt was in the home for six years. I always found that she was happy and well looked after and the staff seemed to have a soft spot for her despite her conditions. I was always informed of any illness and issue that occurred. I am sincerely grateful for all the care the staff gave her over the years.

How likely would you be to recommend Kirknowe Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

My Gran lived at home and was very lonely. When she decided to agree to go to live in a care home, from the assessment she became a happier person. It was a big deal for Gran to move but she has improved so much and said that she should have done it sooner, she now is not lonely and has friends in the staff.

My husband was admitted to Kirknowe Nursing Home suffering from dementia and complex medical needs. Throughout his short stay, staff were extremely supportive and explained clearly the medical and emotional support and care they were providing. Medical care was thorough and of a high standard and my husband was treated at all times with dignity and respect.

My wife was a resident in Kirknowe for 5 and a half years. I was very happy with the care, attention, and treatment she was given. The staff were very attentive to all of her needs. Everyone in the care home were also very kind to me when I visited.

When my wife was confirmed as needing to enter a care home, my family and I did some detailed investigation (including Care Inspectorate reports) of the placements available and visited a number of specialist dementia units. We concluded that Kirknowe was the most appropriate and I now consider that this was a very good decision. In the two months she has been there we have been highly impressed by the level of care and concern shown to her by all staff from domestic through carers and nursing staff and up to unit management. Their care is professional, respectful, continuous and indeed very personal. We have had the opportunity to observe the care given to all resident of the unit and it is always of a very high standard no matter how difficult the situation may be. In every respect, our hopes and expectations of the level of care have been exceeded. Although she is severely impaired, my wife has settled in well and appears to respond well to her carers and appreciate the attention they give her.

How likely would you be to recommend Kirknowe Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

Jimmy loves the meals in the home and likes that his room faces into a garden.

I was very concerned about my sister going into a care home. However I have been impressed with the staff who have been so helpful and have made me and my sister feel so welcomed. I have no hesitation in recommending Kirknowe to anyone who is considering a nursing home.

We visited numerous care homes in North Lanarkshire and at Kirknowe we were made very welcome. We were shown around, time was taken to take our details and listen to our past experiences. My father in law has now been in the care home for 5 months and is extremely happy. We would highly recommend Kirknowe to everyone.

Authur likes that the care staff look after him well and that he gets meals whenever he wants, he has no complaints about the home.

The attention my dad received was excellent. The staff were very friendly and always had a smile on their face under very difficult circumstances. Even though they were stretched at times they always managed to give dad a cuddle, a smile and a little reassurance. If your considering putting a loved one into care, which is a very difficult decision to make, then I would highly recommend Kirknowe Care Home.

I have no recommendation to this care home. Your staff have been excellent and not just to my wife all the time she was in Kirknowe home and all the times I visited she was happy and cared for in all ways. Thank you for looking after my wife (Janet Crame)

I would recommend Kirknowe as prior to coming into the home, I was very apprehensive but since coming into the home I have found the staff very supportive and helpful nothing is too much trouble I am bale to make my own choices.

Staff always get me what I want and sometimes take me for a pint. Personal care is also good.

My mother refused to move to a care home. My sisters viewed a lot of homes in the area and were impressed with the welcome and friendliness of the staff. They managed to convince mother to try it and thankfully she loves it. I have visited twice as I stay up north and I am very impressed with my visits.

Likes having her family being able to visit at any time. Like the choices at meal times. Happy there is somewhere to have her cigarettes. Thinks the staff are lovely.

Happy with staff, feels they are always here for her.
Happy with her room, feels it meets her needs and she has been able to personalise her room to make it homely.

I am writing this on behalf of my family. I have to say the treatment Jim received was first class, from day one the staff could not do enough for Jim and the family. Jim was cared for with respect. The staff should get a medal for what they do.

I have lived at Kirknowe for 4 years and I have been extremely happy. I never want for anything. I have a duvet day as I am 103 years old. I go to activities, love to chat to the staff and I treat them as my own. I like my food and I am well catered for.

I like the outings we go on. I like being able to have my cigarettes when I want. I enjoy sitting out in the gardens. The staff are always happy and helpful.

My mother was made very welcome whilst in for respite and couldn't be better looked after. All the staff were very approachable and pleasant and went out of their way to help. The atmosphere of the place was calm and relaxing.

Submit a Review for Kirknowe Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Kirknowe Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Kirknowe Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Kirknowe Care Home