Kirknowe Care Home, Wishaw, Lanarkshire

Kirknowe staff ensure that each individual is cared for exceptionally by creating a tailored care plan that takes into account the type of care required, whether specialist Parkinson’s care, convalescence, palliative care or respite.

Residents do not have to leave their bedrooms to enjoy the home’s garden, as each bedroom has great views of the landscaped area. Each individual is also welcome to personalise their room with possessions and ornaments.

Seasonal menus are prepared by the home’s own chef who gets to know each resident’s dietary needs as soon as a new client moves into the home. A Nite Bite menu is available between 6.30pm and 6.30am for all residents.

The home enjoys regular visits from the mobile library, as well as local entertainers who perform for residents throughout the year. Daily activities are on offer for residents to participate in if they choose to and the purpose built home has a dedicated arts and crafts room.

Person in charge: Margaret Cunningham (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: North Lanarkshire Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 90 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Huntington's Disease • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Inspectorate* Report on Kirknowe Care Home: click here

The user 'Review Score' (9.3 for Kirknowe Care Home) is based on 20 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Kirknowe Care Home

When my wife was confirmed as needing to enter a care home, my family and I did some detailed investigation (including Care Inspectorate reports) of the placements available and visited a number of specialist dementia units. We concluded that Kirknowe was the most appropriate and I now consider that this was a very good decision. In the two months she has been there we have been highly impressed by the level of care and concern shown to her by all staff from domestic through carers and nursing staff and up to unit management. Their care is professional, respectful, continuous and indeed very personal. We have had the opportunity to observe the care given to all resident of the unit and it is always of a very high standard no matter how difficult the situation may be. In every respect, our hopes and expectations of the level of care have been exceeded. Although she is severely impaired, my wife has settled in well and appears to respond well to her carers and appreciate the attention they give her.

How likely would you be to recommend Kirknowe Care Home? Extremely likely

Kirknowe Care Home

Jimmy loves the meals in the home and likes that his room faces into a garden.

Kirknowe Care Home

I was very concerned about my sister going into a care home. However I have been impressed with the staff who have been so helpful and have made me and my sister feel so welcomed. I have no hesitation in recommending Kirknowe to anyone who is considering a nursing home.

Kirknowe Care Home

We visited numerous care homes in North Lanarkshire and at Kirknowe we were made very welcome. We were shown around, time was taken to take our details and listen to our past experiences. My father in law has now been in the care home for 5 months and is extremely happy. We would highly recommend Kirknowe to everyone.

Kirknowe Care Home

Authur likes that the care staff look after him well and that he gets meals whenever he wants, he has no complaints about the home.

Kirknowe Care Home

The attention my dad received was excellent. The staff were very friendly and always had a smile on their face under very difficult circumstances. Even though they were stretched at times they always managed to give dad a cuddle, a smile and a little reassurance. If your considering putting a loved one into care, which is a very difficult decision to make, then I would highly recommend Kirknowe Care Home.

Kirknowe Care Home

I have no recommendation to this care home. Your staff have been excellent and not just to my wife all the time she was in Kirknowe home and all the times I visited she was happy and cared for in all ways. Thank you for looking after my wife (Janet Crame)

Kirknowe Care Home

I would recommend Kirknowe as prior to coming into the home, I was very apprehensive but since coming into the home I have found the staff very supportive and helpful nothing is too much trouble I am bale to make my own choices.

Kirknowe Care Home

Staff always get me what I want and sometimes take me for a pint. Personal care is also good.

Kirknowe Care Home

My mother refused to move to a care home. My sisters viewed a lot of homes in the area and were impressed with the welcome and friendliness of the staff. They managed to convince mother to try it and thankfully she loves it. I have visited twice as I stay up north and I am very impressed with my visits.

Kirknowe Care Home

Likes having her family being able to visit at any time. Like the choices at meal times. Happy there is somewhere to have her cigarettes. Thinks the staff are lovely.

Kirknowe Care Home

Happy with staff, feels they are always here for her. Happy with her room, feels it meets her needs and she has been able to personalise her room to make it homely.

Kirknowe Care Home

I am writing this on behalf of my family. I have to say the treatment Jim received was first class, from day one the staff could not do enough for Jim and the family. Jim was cared for with respect. The staff should get a medal for what they do.

Kirknowe Care Home

I have lived at Kirknowe for 4 years and I have been extremely happy. I never want for anything. I have a duvet day as I am 103 years old. I go to activities, love to chat to the staff and I treat them as my own. I like my food and I am well catered for.

Kirknowe Care Home

I like the outings we go on. I like being able to have my cigarettes when I want. I enjoy sitting out in the gardens. The staff are always happy and helpful.

Kirknowe Care Home

My mother was made very welcome whilst in for respite and couldn't be better looked after. All the staff were very approachable and pleasant and went out of their way to help. The atmosphere of the place was calm and relaxing.

Kirknowe Care Home

Kirknowe staff are very helpful, they made my Aunt's last months the best they could, they treated her like their own family. She turned 100 and her birthday was made very special for her and us. I would recommend Kirknowe to anyone looking for care for their loved ones.

Kirknowe Care Home

I could no longer live at home, so my daughter Elaine who lives in New Zealand found me a new home at Kirkfieldbank where the staff welcomed me and my dog Bonnie. Making us most welcome. They walk Bonnie for me and make sure she is fed. Bonnie also has the run of the unit. The staff look after me very well. At Christmas they bought a card and took photos of me to send to my daughter Elaine in New Zealand. The staff are like a second family to me, I am very happy.

Kirknowe Care Home

I have no close relatives living in Scotland so I rely on the staff within the Kirkfieldbank unit. Over the last few months they have assisted me by doing my Christmas shopping, writing my Christmas cards and also decorating my room with Christmas decorations. As I am confined to my bed - the staff also go out to purchase my toiletries when I need things. Administrator help me with my financial business. This makes me feel safe, secure and happy at this time.

Kirknowe Care Home

Staff show support to residents and families. The day room is nice and cosy and creates a homely environment. The home always has a happy atmosphere, and staff can't do enough for us all. I am more than happy with the care provided in the home.

Submit a Review for Kirknowe Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Kirknowe Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Kirknowe Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Kirknowe Care Home