Fees Advice From Saga
Care Home Advice
Kirknowe Care Home, Wishaw, Lanarkshire
Kirknowe Care Home
Kirknowe Care Home

Kirknowe Nursing Home staff ensure that each individual is cared for exceptionally by creating a tailored care plan that takes into account the type of care required, whether specialist Parkinson’s care, convalescence, palliative care or respite.

Residents do not have to leave their bedrooms to enjoy the home’s garden, as each bedroom has great views of the landscaped area. Each individual is also welcome to personalise their room with possessions and ornaments.

Seasonal menus are prepared by the home’s own chef who gets to know each resident’s dietary needs as soon as a new client moves into the home. A Nite Bite menu is available between 6.30pm and 6.30am for all residents.

The home enjoys regular visits from the mobile library, as well as local entertainers who perform for residents throughout the year. Daily activities are on offer for residents to participate in if they choose to and the purpose built home has a dedicated arts and crafts room.

Owner: Bupa Care Homes

Person in charge: Margaret Cunningham (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: North Lanarkshire Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 90 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Huntington's Disease • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Inspectorate* Report on Kirknowe Care Home: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Kirknowe Care Home

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Kirknowe Care Home

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.6 for Kirknowe Care Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Kirknowe Care Home on Monday 31 March 2014 by Anne Hayes (Sister of resident)

I am writing this on behalf of my family. I have to say the treatment Jim received was first class, from day one the staff could not do enough for Jim and the family. Jim was cared for with respect. The staff should get a medal for what they do.

Review of Kirknowe Care Home on Friday 28 March 2014 by Annie Wilson (Resident)

I have lived at Kirknowe for 4 years and I have been extremely happy. I never want for anything. I have a duvet day as I am 103 years old. I go to activities, love to chat to the staff and I treat them as my own. I like my food and I am well catered for.

Review of Kirknowe Care Home on Friday 28 March 2014 by Annie Hunter (Resident)

I like the outings we go on. I like being able to have my cigarettes when I want. I enjoy sitting out in the gardens. The staff are always happy and helpful.

Review of Kirknowe Care Home on Wednesday 5 March 2014 by Anne Marie M (Respite for mother)

My mother was made very welcome whilst in for respite and couldn't be better looked after. All the staff were very approachable and pleasant and went out of their way to help. The atmosphere of the place was calm and relaxing.

Review of Kirknowe Care Home on Thursday 6 February 2014 by Nancy Ker (Niece of resident)

Kirknowe staff are very helpful, they made my Aunt's last months the best they could, they treated her like their own family. She turned 100 and her birthday was made very special for her and us. I would recommend Kirknowe to anyone looking for care for their loved ones.

Review of Kirknowe Care Home on Wednesday 29 January 2014 by Jean W (Resident)

I have no close relatives living in Scotland so I rely on the staff within the Kirkfieldbank unit. Over the last few months they have assisted me by doing my Christmas shopping, writing my Christmas cards and also decorating my room with Christmas decorations. As I am confined to my bed - the staff also go out to purchase my toiletries when I need things. Administrator help me with my financial business. This makes me feel safe, secure and happy at this time.

Review of Kirknowe Care Home on Friday 17 January 2014 by Richard Weaver (Husband of service user)

Staff show support to residents and families. The day room is nice and cosy and creates a homely environment. The home always has a happy atmosphere, and staff can't do enough for us all. I am more than happy with the care provided in the home.

Submit a Recommendation for Kirknowe Care Home

Please note this form is only for Recommendations & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required. Fields marked in red are required

(Please do no enter spaces)

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Kirknowe Care Home and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

There are no jobs posted yet for Kirknowe Care Home

Care Home Idol 2013

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Kirknowe Care Home