Douglas View Care Home, Hamilton, Lanarkshire

Located within a residential area of Hamilton, Lanarkshire, Douglas View Care Home is a purpose built 100 bedded property offering Dementia, Nursing, Residential and Specialist care.

At Douglas View Care Home Residents have a choice of lounge areas which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings. The home has a range of comfortable and well-equipped bedrooms; some rooms also have views across the garden.

Douglas View chefs pride themselves on knowing the tastes of Residents and preparing a choice of home cooked, fresh, nutritional meals and catering for any dietary and cultural needs. At HC-One, experienced Home Managers and members of staff ensure kindness is at the heart of everything they do.

Group: HC-One Ltd

Person in charge: Shona Blair (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: South Lanarkshire Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 100 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alcohol Dependence (past or present) • Alzheimer's • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Drug Dependence (past or present) • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Douglas View Care Home

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Douglas View Care Home

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.9 for Douglas View Care Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Douglas View Care Home on Wednesday 21 May 2014 by Anne F (Daughter of resident)

Very happy with staff and level of care and attention. The food standard could be better.

Review of Douglas View Care Home on Tuesday 20 May 2014 by May Kay (Resident)

I am very happy to be here and am hoping that I am going to be here permanently. The staff are really friendly and helpful. The food is really excellent. Plenty of choice. I feel very safe. I have no complaints I am completely satisfied. Things are dealt with right away. There are no stick rules. Staff explain everything to me.

Review of Douglas View Care Home on Tuesday 20 May 2014 by Graeme Walsh (Son of Resident)

I've found all staff to be caring and friendly towards my mum and our family. My mum has settled very well an has now been resident for 8 months. Of particular benefit to mum has been Rosemary the activity co-ordinator as mum has always preferred being occupied. There are a great number of activities of different varieties that residents choose to opt in or out of, including trips in the mini bus. The room is spacious and there is an ongoing programme of re-decoration couldn't be happier with overall standard of care.

Review of Douglas View Care Home on Thursday 3 April 2014 by Veitch D (Daughter)

Good care taken and many activities to keep residents stimulated. Carers are going beyond their jobs spec. Nursing staff are very caring at all times.

Review of Douglas View Care Home on Thursday 29 August 2013 by Fay F (Daughter of resident)

My father is well cared for and the staff are brilliant with him.

Review of Douglas View Care Home on Friday 16 August 2013 by Elizabeth Anderson (Niece of past resident)

My aunt had dementia and was looked after in Douglas View for over 2 years. I looked at several local Care Homes but Douglas View was recommended by several reliable former patients' families. I made the right choice. My aunt was given excellent care from all members of staff. Dignity was at the forefront during a distressing and often difficult illness. Before my aunt's condition deteriorated she took part in the many activities which was wonderful to witness. She also began to eat properly as the food and choices are very good and she thrived under the care she was given. There is a rolling refurbishment and rooms are spotless and well decorated. I have nothing but praise for Douglas View.

Review of Douglas View Care Home on Wednesday 26 June 2013 by Lesley Swallow (Daughter)

My mum spent the last 6 months of her life in this home. She was made to feel welcome, safe and comfortable. The staff and management took excellent care of her right up to her last day.

Review of Douglas View Care Home on Thursday 25 April 2013 by Joyce H (Daughter)

Staff caring, pleasant, recently refurbished and the food is good.

Review of Douglas View Care Home on Monday 25 March 2013 by Sybil Walsh (Sister of resident)

I have looked after my sister for 16 years, I am now in my 70's and can not do it anymore. The management and staff at Douglas View have supported myself and my family way beyond the call of duty. I feel my sister is very well cared for. The home is very comfortable and I feel very much at home when visiting my sister. My sister has Downs and has developed Alzheimer's. The activities are the best that I have seen. I would recommend Douglas View to anyone looking for a place for their loved ones.

Review of Douglas View Care Home on Thursday 7 March 2013 by Helen Ata (Daughter of resident)

I would like to pass on my thanks and gratitude to the management and staff at Douglas View. In particular to Gwenith and Almada staff. I looked at many care homes prior to my dad becoming a resident. He liked good surroundings and quality of service. Douglas View exceeded this. Great personal care, staff first class, always smiling and helpful. My dad, who was a retired GP sadly passed away recently, but I'm so pleased he started to call Douglas View his home. Very well done Douglas View. I'll recommend this home to my friends.

Review of Douglas View Care Home on Wednesday 20 February 2013 by Graham A (Son of resident)

Overall, myself and family are delighted with our choice of care home for our elderly and frail mother. We know she is safe, well looked after and involved in all the various activities within Douglas View. The care and attention from all staff is first class and we would have no hesitation in recommending Douglas View Care Home to anyone with a relative or friend who would benefit from this excellent facility.

Submit a Recommendation for Douglas View Care Home

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Douglas View Care Home and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

There are no jobs posted yet for Douglas View Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Douglas View Care Home