Douglas View Care Home, Hamilton, Lanarkshire

Located within a residential area of Hamilton, Lanarkshire, Douglas View Care Home is a purpose built 100 bedded property offering Dementia, Nursing, Residential and Specialist care.

At Douglas View Care Home Residents have a choice of lounge areas which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings. The home has a range of comfortable and well-equipped bedrooms; some rooms also have views across the garden.

Douglas View chefs pride themselves on knowing the tastes of Residents and preparing a choice of home cooked, fresh, nutritional meals and catering for any dietary and cultural needs. At HC-One, experienced Home Managers and members of staff ensure kindness is at the heart of everything they do.

Person in charge: Margaret Blair (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: South Lanarkshire Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 100 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alcohol Dependence (past or present) • Alzheimer's • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Drug Dependence (past or present) • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

The user Review Score of 9.4 for Douglas View Care Home is based on 45 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 9.394 is made up of 4.494 Points relating to the ratings and 4.9 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

I find Douglas View staff and nurses very caring and helpful and in the past year we have seen a big improvement in the nursing home in facility and cleanliness. I see a big improvement in my mothers looks and weight and cleanliness. She is more talkative which in the past she was not interested in anyone. Now she likes sitting with some friends and getting out of her room.

How likely would you be to recommend Douglas View Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

My aunt has been a resident for 2 months I have found that the staff are very helpful, approachable and eager to assist. The office staff are friendly and helpful, and the manager is available to ask questions or for a chat. Other residents are happy and enjoy their meals (as I have seen when assisting my aunt in the dining room) they have a varied choice of meals. There are activities that my aunt has taken part in and this is vital to keep her motivated. All in all, I am satisfied with the care she is receiving.

How likely would you be to recommend Douglas View Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

I have stayed in Douglas View for 10 years, there have been a lot of changes throughout the years. My partner is happy in here, safe and secure, I get on well with the staff and management. Douglas View is looking good due to the new d├ęcor and refurb. I like the weekends when the bar is opened.

How likely would you be to recommend Douglas View Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

My sister has been well cared for and any information we ask about the staff are very helpful.
My sister is kept very clean and her room is clean and tidy.
The meals are good.

How likely would you be to recommend Douglas View Care Home? Likely

Tell everyone how nice everyone is and how they welcome you to visit. It's a pleasure to visit them.

How likely would you be to recommend Douglas View Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

I have been a resident in Douglas View for 4 years, I have seen changes for the better, staff are very helpful and supportive in my needs. I feel very relaxed and safe in the environment, at the moment the place is getting refurbished and looking good and welcoming.

How likely would you be to recommend Douglas View Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

I like staying in Douglas View, feel secure and get looked after by good staff and management.

How likely would you be to recommend Douglas View Care Home? Likely

My mother is a resident in Douglas View Care Home, she is very happy there. The staff are very helpful and very good at their jobs. The care home is very clean and the food is of a high standard. There are activities every day. The rooms are always clean. The office staff and the manager are always on hand if you need any help.

How likely would you be to recommend Douglas View Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

My mum became a resident at Douglas View Care Home in July 2014 and over the course of the last 15 months, she has settled in well and she has become a part of the Douglas View community/family. This had been possible due to the caring, thoughtful and conscientious staff alongside family and friends. The shared sense of fun and humour between staff and residents together with excellent communication skills was obvious among the staff on a daily basis.

How likely would you be to recommend Douglas View Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

Staff are genuinely caring and interested in the residents. Initially we had some concerns about the turnover but this seems to have been resolved. In theory the activities programme is a super attraction, but in practice subject to alterations and last minute cancellations. Understandably item of clothing etc. do get mislaid and more could be some to ensure that personal belongings are returned to the correct rooms. Facilities for visitors are currently being improved i.e coffee bar/ meeting place and this is long overdue. I would be very keen to have a brief written update on mums week (behaviour, health, appetite) perhaps by email.

How likely would you be to recommend Douglas View Care Home? Likely

I have found staff very approachable, friendly and helpful. My sister feels very comfortable and appreciates care and attention.

How likely would you be to recommend Douglas View Care Home? Likely

My friend has been with you less than 2 months after 6 months of moving about due to falls and dementia. She has been happy in a residential home for 9 years prior to this. I was anxious she would not settle. All my fears were unfounded. She has settled well and has had any health issues addressed. Staff have been friendly, caring and competent. We, as concerned close friends have been also treated with dignity and have felt valued and helpful in the settling in process, passing on information on likes and dislikes, history and personality of the resident. The staff have been friendly to us from the start and remember us when we visit.

How likely would you be to recommend Douglas View Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

My wife has been a resident for over seven years and I have never had one complaint!

How likely would you be to recommend Douglas View Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

I have not long moved here and have found it very nice and the staff friendly and helpful. I enjoy the different choices of food and also enjoy the company of the other ladies. I especially like when my family come to visit.

How likely would you be to recommend Douglas View Care Home? Likely

I enjoy staying at this care home. I was supposed to move to be near my family, but I'm happy here. I have friends here and I enjoy the company of the other ladies. There is always lots of activities on throughout the week, but I enjoy the flower arranging and movie afternoons the best. I feel as if I am at the cinema. The staff are always happy to help.

Pleased with the home and likes the staff. Enjoys the company of the other ladies and the staff. Her family visit often which she enjoys. Likes going to the club on Wednesday which I look forward to. Also like the food.

How likely would you be to recommend Douglas View Care Home? Likely

I enjoy my own company in my bedroom watching TV. I am a very quiet private person, although I do sometimes go to the lounge to chat to the other ladies. I enjoy the meals but like small portions. I don't take part in many activities, but this is my choice.

How likely would you be to recommend Douglas View Care Home? Likely

Happy with the care home, staff look after my dad well

How likely would you be to recommend Douglas View Care Home? Likely

Rays says she enjoys staying here and enjoys the company.
She likes her room and enjoys the food sometimes.

How likely would you be to recommend Douglas View Care Home? Likely

I have not long moved here, but I like my room and I enjoy the company of the other ladies in the lounge. I enjoy the meals but sometimes feel we get to much to eat!

How likely would you be to recommend Douglas View Care Home? Likely

We visited other homes and can say that Douglas View was in the top category of all we visited. I like the variety of activities available particularly for my wife. Staff all know my wife even in the units she does not live in. I feel part of the home particularly enjoy the romantic meals once a month, which gives me the opportunity to dine intimately with my wife which is important. Staff are all very attentive.

The management and staff really cared for my mum during her final weeks of life. They treated her with compassion, nice people!

Mum has been at Douglas View for 1.5 years and as a family we are very happy with the overall standard of care at the home. Mum is always very well presented. Her room is clean and tidy. Staff are very polite and helpful. If there has been an incident I'm always called so that I'm fully updated, e.g a slip/fall.

How likely would you be to recommend Douglas View Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

Security good and the room is kept clean and tidy. Good choices on food menu, plenty of activities trips out.

My experience of Douglas View Care Home has been positive. Friendly staff, caring attitude towards residents and in general home is clean and tidy.

Its a secure, safe and friendly environment, always having activities for residents, personal care is of high standard. Staff and management are always approachable and deal with any problems that arise promptly. My friend has stayed in Douglas View since February 2012 and she really enjoys it there and its a place you can call home.

How likely would you be to recommend Douglas View Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

Secure, friendly, homely, activities plenty. Care, support great facilities cleanliness excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Douglas View Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

My sister has been a resident of Douglas View for 2 years. I cannot praise the care staff, manager, office staff etc enough. As my sister is well looked after an is happy. My sister lived with me for 18 years, prior to going into the home. As you can imagine it was very upsetting, when my sister need nursing care. The manager and care staff were so kind to myself, and reassured myself and my family. The care my sister receives is first class,she is always clean and tidy and has a wonderful relationship with the staff. There are always activities which are personal. Once again I cannot praise Douglas Vies,its a wonderful place.

How likely would you be to recommend Douglas View Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

Catherine likes staying here. She gets on with the staff and she is looked after well. She likes the food that is on offer and likes a cup of tea. She feels that she gets on with all the residents around, and she is happy here.

How likely would you be to recommend Douglas View Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

I think Douglas View is ok, the staff are always good to me, the meals are ok and the staff provide the food that I prefer.

How likely would you be to recommend Douglas View Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

My stay in Douglas View is most satisfactory and relaxed.

How likely would you be to recommend Douglas View Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

Porridge is good. get lots to eat. Staff are very good. Help me when I ask. My room is very very good. Get a lovely cup of tea when I ask.

How likely would you be to recommend Douglas View Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

All the staff ar3e really nice. We have mice meals and always have a choice of meals. I enjoy going out on trips and I get on well with everyone. The staff always make sure I am well looked after. I like the driver the best he is funny.

How likely would you be to recommend Douglas View Care Home? Likely

I like living here, the staff are very helpful and always work hard, the home is good value for money and I am really settled in here.

How likely would you be to recommend Douglas View Care Home? Likely

I like living in Douglas View. I have made friends with other ladies and gentleman the staff are very good to me and I think they are all nice. I enjoy the meals they are very good.

How likely would you be to recommend Douglas View Care Home? Likely

It's an excellent home. Staff are good to me. I enjoy my stay at Douglas View. The food is also good. Everyone makes me feel welcome.

I have no concerns that I am being looked after very well in here, If I need help the staff will always be there for me.

I enjoy having activities every day as it keeps me occupied, I was never one for sitting about before I came here and the activities help me to keep active.

I am very happy with how I am treated in here, the nurses and care staff provide are all tremendous. They cannot do enough for me, their kindness and assistance will remain with me forever.

I love it in here, everyone is good to me every day.

Took excellent care of my wife.

Everything seemed satisfactory. No complaints.

Very happy with staff and level of care and attention. The food standard could be better.

I am very happy to be here and am hoping that I am going to be here permanently. The staff are really friendly and helpful. The food is really excellent. Plenty of choice. I feel very safe. I have no complaints I am completely satisfied. Things are dealt with right away. There are no stick rules. Staff explain everything to me.

Good care taken and many activities to keep residents stimulated. Carers are going beyond their jobs spec. Nursing staff are very caring at all times.

Submit a Review for Douglas View Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Douglas View Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Douglas View Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Douglas View Care Home