Douglas View Care Home, Hamilton, Lanarkshire
Douglas View Care Home
Douglas View Care Home

Located within a residential area of Hamilton, Lanarkshire, Douglas View Care Home is a purpose built 100 bedded property offering Dementia, Nursing, Residential and Specialist care.

At Douglas View Care Home Residents have a choice of lounge areas which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings. The home has a range of comfortable and well-equipped bedrooms; some rooms also have views across the garden.

Douglas View chefs pride themselves on knowing the tastes of Residents and preparing a choice of home cooked, fresh, nutritional meals and catering for any dietary and cultural needs. At HC-One, experienced Home Managers and members of staff ensure kindness is at the heart of everything they do.

Person in charge: Shona Blair (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: South Lanarkshire Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 100 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alcohol Dependence (past or present) • Alzheimer's • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Drug Dependence (past or present) • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Douglas View Care Home

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Douglas View Care Home

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.2 for Douglas View Care Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Douglas View Care Home

My sister has been a resident of Douglas View for 2 years. I cannot praise the care staff, manager, office staff etc enough. As my sister is well looked after an is happy. My sister lived with me for 18 years, prior to going into the home. As you can imagine it was very upsetting, when my sister need nursing care. The manager and care staff were so kind to myself, and reassured myself and my family. The care my sister receives is first class,she is always clean and tidy and has a wonderful relationship with the staff. There are always activities which are personal. Once again I cannot praise Douglas Vies,its a wonderful place.

How likely would you be to recommend Douglas View Care Home? Extremely likely

Submitted by Sybil W (Sister of Resident/Service User) on Friday 20 February 2015.

Review of Douglas View Care Home

Catherine likes staying here. She gets on with the staff and she is looked after well. She likes the food that is on offer and likes a cup of tea. She feels that she gets on with all the residents around, and she is happy here.

How likely would you be to recommend Douglas View Care Home? Extremely likely

Submitted by Catherine S (Resident / Service User) on Friday 20 February 2015.

Review of Douglas View Care Home

I think Douglas View is ok, the staff are always good to me, the meals are ok and the staff provide the food that I prefer.

How likely would you be to recommend Douglas View Care Home? Extremely likely

Submitted by Helen Brown (Resident / Service User) on Friday 20 February 2015.

Review of Douglas View Care Home

My stay in Douglas View is most satisfactory and relaxed.

How likely would you be to recommend Douglas View Care Home? Extremely likely

Submitted by Kenneth Blakeway (Resident / Service User) on Friday 20 February 2015. Review relates to February 2015.

Review of Douglas View Care Home

Porridge is good. get lots to eat. Staff are very good. Help me when I ask. My room is very very good. Get a lovely cup of tea when I ask.

How likely would you be to recommend Douglas View Care Home? Extremely likely

Submitted by Stewart Miller (Resident / Service User) on Friday 20 February 2015.

Review of Douglas View Care Home

All the staff ar3e really nice. We have mice meals and always have a choice of meals. I enjoy going out on trips and I get on well with everyone. The staff always make sure I am well looked after. I like the driver the best he is funny.

How likely would you be to recommend Douglas View Care Home? Likely

Submitted by Sandra Stirling (Resident / Service User) on Friday 20 February 2015.

Review of Douglas View Care Home

I like living here, the staff are very helpful and always work hard, the home is good value for money and I am really settled in here.

How likely would you be to recommend Douglas View Care Home? Likely

Submitted by Jean Park (Resident / Service User) on Thursday 19 February 2015. Review relates to February 2015.

Review of Douglas View Care Home

Care is good and the staff are all very helpful, nothing is a bother.

Submitted by Jean P (Resident / Service User) on Wednesday 4 February 2015.

Review of Douglas View Care Home

I like living in Douglas View. I have made friends with other ladies and gentleman the staff are very good to me and I think they are all nice. I enjoy the meals they are very good.

How likely would you be to recommend Douglas View Care Home? Likely

Submitted by Helen Smith (Resident / Service User) on Thursday 19 February 2015.

Review of Douglas View Care Home

I love it in here, everyone is good to me every day.

Submitted by Helen S (Resident / Service User) on Wednesday 4 February 2015.

Review of Douglas View Care Home

It's an excellent home. Staff are good to me. I enjoy my stay at Douglas View. The food is also good. Everyone makes me feel welcome.

Submitted by Stephen G (Resident / Service User) on Monday 16 February 2015.

Review of Douglas View Care Home

I have no concerns that I am being looked after very well in here, If I need help the staff will always be there for me.

Submitted by Frank Dempster (Resident / Service User) on Wednesday 4 February 2015.

Review of Douglas View Care Home

I enjoy having activities every day as it keeps me occupied, I was never one for sitting about before I came here and the activities help me to keep active.

Submitted by Helen Brown (Resident / Service User) on Wednesday 4 February 2015.

Review of Douglas View Care Home

I am very happy with how I am treated in here, the nurses and care staff provide are all tremendous. They cannot do enough for me, their kindness and assistance will remain with me forever.

Submitted by John Kennedy (Resident / Service User) on Wednesday 4 February 2015. Review relates to January 2015.

Review of Douglas View Care Home

I love it in here, everyone is good to me every day.

Submitted by Helen S (Resident / Service User) on Wednesday 4 February 2015.

Review of Douglas View Care Home

Took excellent care of my wife.

Submitted by William MacIntyre (Husband of Resident/Service User) on Tuesday 7 October 2014. Review relates to September 2014.

Review of Douglas View Care Home

Everything seemed satisfactory. No complaints.

Submitted by Margaret L (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Tuesday 7 October 2014. Review relates to September 2014.

Review of Douglas View Care Home

Very happy with staff and level of care and attention. The food standard could be better.

Submitted by Anne F (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Wednesday 21 May 2014.

Review of Douglas View Care Home

I am very happy to be here and am hoping that I am going to be here permanently. The staff are really friendly and helpful. The food is really excellent. Plenty of choice. I feel very safe. I have no complaints I am completely satisfied. Things are dealt with right away. There are no stick rules. Staff explain everything to me.

Submitted by May Kay (Resident / Service User) on Tuesday 20 May 2014.

Review of Douglas View Care Home

I've found all staff to be caring and friendly towards my mum and our family. My mum has settled very well an has now been resident for 8 months. Of particular benefit to mum has been Rosemary the activity co-ordinator as mum has always preferred being occupied. There are a great number of activities of different varieties that residents choose to opt in or out of, including trips in the mini bus. The room is spacious and there is an ongoing programme of re-decoration couldn't be happier with overall standard of care.

Submitted by Graeme Walsh (Son of Resident/Service User) on Tuesday 20 May 2014.

Review of Douglas View Care Home

Good care taken and many activities to keep residents stimulated. Carers are going beyond their jobs spec. Nursing staff are very caring at all times.

Submitted by Veitch D (Daughter) on Thursday 3 April 2014.

Review of Douglas View Care Home

My father is well cared for and the staff are brilliant with him.

Submitted by Fay F (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Thursday 29 August 2013.

Review of Douglas View Care Home

My aunt had dementia and was looked after in Douglas View for over 2 years. I looked at several local Care Homes but Douglas View was recommended by several reliable former patients' families. I made the right choice. My aunt was given excellent care from all members of staff. Dignity was at the forefront during a distressing and often difficult illness. Before my aunt's condition deteriorated she took part in the many activities which was wonderful to witness. She also began to eat properly as the food and choices are very good and she thrived under the care she was given. There is a rolling refurbishment and rooms are spotless and well decorated. I have nothing but praise for Douglas View.

Submitted by Elizabeth Anderson (Niece of past resident) on Friday 16 August 2013.

Review of Douglas View Care Home

My mum spent the last 6 months of her life in this home. She was made to feel welcome, safe and comfortable. The staff and management took excellent care of her right up to her last day.

Submitted by Lesley Swallow (Daughter) on Wednesday 26 June 2013.

Review of Douglas View Care Home

Staff caring, pleasant, recently refurbished and the food is good.

Submitted by Joyce H (Daughter) on Thursday 25 April 2013.

Review of Douglas View Care Home

I have looked after my sister for 16 years, I am now in my 70's and can not do it anymore. The management and staff at Douglas View have supported myself and my family way beyond the call of duty. I feel my sister is very well cared for. The home is very comfortable and I feel very much at home when visiting my sister. My sister has Downs and has developed Alzheimer's. The activities are the best that I have seen. I would recommend Douglas View to anyone looking for a place for their loved ones.

Submitted by Sybil Walsh (Sister of Resident/Service User) on Monday 25 March 2013.

Review of Douglas View Care Home

I would like to pass on my thanks and gratitude to the management and staff at Douglas View. In particular to Gwenith and Almada staff. I looked at many care homes prior to my dad becoming a resident. He liked good surroundings and quality of service. Douglas View exceeded this. Great personal care, staff first class, always smiling and helpful. My dad, who was a retired GP sadly passed away recently, but I'm so pleased he started to call Douglas View his home. Very well done Douglas View. I'll recommend this home to my friends.

Submitted by Helen Ata (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Thursday 7 March 2013.

Submit a Recommendation for Douglas View Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Douglas View Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Douglas View Care Home