Ard Mhacha House Care Home, Armagh, County Tyrone

Ard Mhacha House is a purpose built nursing home situated just off Cathedral Road alongside St Patrick’s Cathedral. The home has views of the two Cathedrals and surrounding city from most of the bedrooms, main lounges and all dining rooms.

Ard Mhacha House offer residential and nursing care as well as specialist care for those with dementia. The home provides respite care to give home carers a much needed break and end of life care is available at a time when residents and their families need specialist help and support. Specialist care for young people with physical disabilities is also offered.

Group: Countrywide Care Homes Ltd

Person in charge: Debbie Daniels (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Southern Health and Social Care Trust (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 75 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: 18-65. Ages 65+.

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Hindi, Polish, Romanian

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

* The Regulation & Quality Improvement Authority (RQIA) is responsible for the registration and inspection of social care services in Northern Ireland.

posted 28 Jul 2015

Nursing Dementia & Residential Dementia care

The user 'Review Score' (8.9 for Ard Mhacha House Care Home) is based on 11 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Ard Mhacha House Care Home

I wish to acknowledge the exemplary care shown to my late father and the patience and kindness extended to myself and my siblings at a very emotional and stressful time in our lives. Daddy lived in the Bard Suite for four and a half years and I was always confident that his needs were being met, not just his care needs but his emotional wellbeing.I always felt the staff cared deeply about my father and that they always watched out for him , this I am eternally grateful and thankful. The dignity,care,respect and love shown to Daddy in the last few days of his life will remain with me forever and I will be eternally thankful to Maria M, Maria V,Janice,Jeanette,Geraldine and Gillian, their dedication to Daddy was simply beautiful they represented your company in an exemplary manner.

Ard Mhacha House Care Home

My mother is long term resident in Ard Mhacha and is in end stage of dementia. Staff are kind, caring and nothing is too much for them I am grateful to them all.

Ard Mhacha House Care Home

My aunt was admitted to the home for a period of rehabilitation following a fall. The staff within the home were very kind and showed great compassion to all the family. My aunt was well cared for and reassured in all times when distressed or confused.

Ard Mhacha House Care Home

My mother has dementia and is very confused. Staff have been so kind to her and let me have tea with her on Sunday.

Ard Mhacha House Care Home

My mother was here for respite. Our first experience of a care home the staff were so kind, caring and supportive to us as a family as well as my mother. A great comfort to us. We can't thank them enough.

1. Company - don't feel lonely 2. Friendly staff 3. Treated with respect

Ard Mhacha House Care Home

1. Peace, quiet 2. Food is excellent 3. Entertainment and activities.

Ard Mhacha House Care Home

1. Warm, comfortable. 2. Everybody is very pleasant. 3. The staff look after us exceptionally well.

Ard Mhacha House Care Home

1. Friendly and warm staff. 2. Happy with the service.

Ard Mhacha House Care Home

Would recommend for the following reasons. 1. Kind, thoughtful and helpful staff. 2. The staff and management promote independence. 3. The food is lovely. 4. Own room and en-suite, providing privacy.

Ard Mhacha House Care Home

Very pleased with the care mum receives. Excellent bunch of staff, very good to mum and very pleasant to all our family and friends. Recommended highly.

Submit a Review for Ard Mhacha House Care Home

Nursing Home Manager - Nurse Qualified

¬£Competitive + bonus + relocation package available (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)
Armagh, County Tyrone

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Ard Mhacha House Care Home