Carnalea Care Home, Bangor, County Down

Carnalea Care Home is located in Bangor and is convenient for shops, amenities, public transport and the main dual carriageway from Belfast. Bloomfield and Springhill Shopping Centres are both nearby.

This purpose built care home offers accommodation in single occupancy rooms, some of which are spacious enough for sharing. There are private toilet facilities available.

Carnalea features TV lounges and a quiet sitting room for relaxation as well as separate dining rooms, where residents can socialise at meal times. Traditional home cooking using fresh produce is served and there are choices available daily. Special diets can be catered for.

Residents can benefit from the regular visits made to the home by an experienced hair stylist and qualified chiropodist. The home can also arrange for complementary therapies.

A good range of activities are also offered.

Group: Four Seasons Health Care

Person in charge: Josette Fernandez (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: South Eastern Health and Social Care Trust (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 73 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

* The Regulation & Quality Improvement Authority (RQIA) is responsible for the registration and inspection of social care services in Northern Ireland.

The user 'Review Score' (7.8 for Carnalea Care Home) is based on 2 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

Carnalea Care Home

I came to this home from the hospital for two weeks respite initially but after a couple of extensions I asked my care manager if I could stay on permanently. The level of care here is of a high standard. I get on well with all the staff and most of the residents. My room has an en suite and I have a lot of my personal things with me.

How likely would you be to recommend Carnalea Care Home? Don't know

Carnalea Care Home

The staff and care of this home is very very good. I'm am extremely happy with the service I am receiving. My son and daughter in law chose this home for me and it was an excellent choice. The gardens are lovely and I can sit in them when ever I want. We are well fed and if the menu isn't to my liking the staff are only to pleased to accommodate. My room is excellent and I have a lot of my personal furniture in it. Overall I am very happy living in Carnalea.

How likely would you be to recommend Carnalea Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

Submit a Review for Carnalea Care Home

ASSISTANCE – If no assistance is being provided to a resident/service user to complete the review, please ignore the fields Assistant Name and Assistant Connection. If a relative or staff member is assisting, please can they provide their name (not published) and connection.

I certify this is my genuine opinion and in submitting it I agree to the terms and conditions on

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Carnalea Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Carnalea Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Carnalea Care Home